Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccard3dev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Michigan, US
Here is a wallpaper I made based on the press release image: http://www.ccard3.com/wwdc-2014-wallpaper.html

wwdc_2014_wallpaper_for_iphone__ipad__and_mac_by_ccard3dev-d7cvvua.png

Nov 28, 2010
located
Quite large files (6.5 MB for every iPhone wallpaper, 20.8 MB for every iPad and Mac wallpaper) for a not so good work, one can see the irregularities quite easily.

ccard3dev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Michigan, US
Quite large files (6.5 MB for every iPhone wallpaper, 20.8 MB for every iPad and Mac wallpaper)...

The large file size is due to the high PPI (pixels per-inch) of the wallpapers, as they are all retina-quality.

...for a not so good work, one can see the irregularities quite easily.

I will admit that I am not the best with wallpaper design (just look at the black styles). But, the white styles actually look really good on my MacBook Air 11.6", and I couldn't see any irregularities in them from a normal viewing distance (about 1 foot from the screen). That could be because the black version has a higher contrast than the white version.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I love the concept but the execution wasn't all that great. I'll admit, I may not have been able to do much better but the thing that bothers me is the irregularities in the white spacing between the squares.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Could you post the ones especially for the iPhone 5/5s/5c so the images can be easily saved in the camera roll & used for wallpaper? I guess I'm not techy enough to do it any other way.

Thanks! :)

ccard3dev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Michigan, US
davistld01 said:
Could you post the ones especially for the iPhone 5/5s/5c so the images can be easily saved in the camera roll & used for wallpaper? I guess I'm not techy enough to do it any other way.

Thanks!

I will upload all of the styles and sizes to Dropbox as PNG files. It might take a while, but I will post the link when it is done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.