Wwdc

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cesar, Apr 26, 2003.

1. cesar macrumors member

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

NO.

If any updates for the PowerMac are announced, they will be the implementation of the IBM PPC 970 chip as the replacement for the Motorola G4.

I don't see quad PowerMacs happening anytime soon (or ever for that matter).

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

you never know, but there have not been rumors of such things for a while.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

he he. :) yeah those sort of rumors haven't been around for a while. that means something must be brewing.;) :p :D

5. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Apple might have been working on designs like that just in case the 970 didnt pan out. Just keep adding processors untill they could find a new/faster proc, and thats why we heard so many rumors.

Introducing the new PowerMac, with either 4, 6, or 8, 1.42ghz powerpc G4's. Now featuring support for iWalk, color video iPod, iSee, iQuicktake, and the iNewton. All new PowerMacs come preloaded with rendezvous enabled iTunes, iWorks, and of course
    OS X 10.3, A Panther that has "piles".:eek:

Sorry I could not resist.:D

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

oh no...not again with the quad-processors....ugh...do a search on macrumors for quads...you will find me getting really annoyed at people for thinking they need for CPUs, when only the OS would be able to support it, no other apps would...they would all have to be re-written...and no company really wants to do that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hey, i just thought of something that could make 4 or 8 proc Macs more beleibeable.

what if Apple released a Mac that was just for rendering and stuff like that. i was reading about a PC that had 4 dual-2100 AMD's and 16GB RAM the other day. Apple could do this. Steve Jobs has been spending a bit of time around Hollywood.;) :D