Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
I have been trying to download the newer version 1.3 from the xbench site as well as others ... the downloaded file has an .exe ending in the file name. When I try to run it I get a Quicktime error saying it could not open the file...

As I am new to Mac computing I thought I would ask here for any help in installing the 1.3 version of xbench... thanks... Van

MacProGuy

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
vansouza said:
I have been trying to download the newer version 1.3 from the xbench site as well as others ... the downloaded file has an .exe ending in the file name. When I try to run it I get a Quicktime error saying it could not open the file...

As I am new to Mac computing I thought I would ask here for any help in installing the 1.3 version of xbench... thanks... Van

Something could potentially be VERY, VERY wrong with your system...

XBENCH has a .dmg extension...

Here is a direct link to the file from xbench.com...

http://www.xbench.com/Xbench_1.3.dmg

Maybe this one will work better for you?

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
Solved

I downloaded the file correctly by using another browser... then I un-installed firefox and reinstalled it and now it behaves like a good Mac citizen... issue resolved... thank you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.