Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Crap! I just installed v40. Trying Good now.

EDIT:::: Hail Mary!!! It's working!!!

Last edited:

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Sooooo, here's what I just discovered. Xcon has allowed me to bypass the compliance check on Good, BUT when I look at the admin console it shows my device as non compliant.
FYI to those using this....you may be getting around the check, but the console knows you're 'tainted', so you are standing out in the environment to those who are looking.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Sooooo, here's what I just discovered. Xcon has allowed me to bypass the compliance check on Good, BUT when I look at the admin console it shows my device as non compliant.
FYI to those using this....you may be getting around the check, but the console knows you're 'tainted', so you are standing out in the environment to those who are looking.
Thanks for the heads up. Admin console on the Good server or can this info be displayed on the device?

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. Admin console on the Good server or can this info be displayed on the device?

Good server console. There's a section for 'out of compliance' users. It puts a red exclamation beside your name so it stands out. That the deal here. Nothing shows abnormal on device. Mail works great.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
No wonder it's not working for you.
You didn't see the rest of the thread?
You're like 2-3 versions behind.
Look for 40 beta1

Take the leap and try on 8.1.2 yet? I have a second iPhone 6 I may try it on that's easier to revert back if it doesn't work. I hope apple keeps signing 8.1.1 all day today.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
I just wish I could update to 8.1.2 because 8.1 isn't without its bugs but sadly still no Mac taig tool:(

In relation to xcon 40, it's working great on my iPhone6 8.1 for the Halifax banking app but no joy for sky go!

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Fwiw I upgraded to 8.1.2 with Taig and the beta xcon with Good is still working!

However unfortunately I am having the same problem where pdf's sent as attachments via email won't open. Hopefully they'll be an update to xcon soon.

Last edited:

smate

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
huge battery hog

works great with tivo app, dish world and others, but it is def a battery hog, very bad too

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Same exact thing I noticed and I removed it within a day.
It would kill my 6 plus battery very fast.
I'm not bothering installing xcon unless there's an update to fix this issue.
Funny, I am certain I am not noticing any different battery drain with xcon installed. And this is also with having Good installed as well pushing emails to me.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Anyone taken the plunge and tried out xCon b40 with the new Tivo app they released the other day? Any feedback?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
You didn't update your Tivo app yet?:)

I did.

While like you, I don't like the logo... I must say it feels a lot more stable. Shows seem to download much quicker than the previous app.

So far, happy. I just wanted you to guinea pig it for me before I installed, hehehehe. Love ya!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Lol:) cool.
What is that one pass supposed to be like? No more season pass?

Ugh, it's TiVo trying to be "cool"... And I don't like it... I think they should stick to the old fashioned company who charges in an old fashioned way and behaves slowly and not in a trendy way. HAHA.

So Season Pass... gone as soon as your Tivo Box gets the 2015 software update (expected any day now).... now it's going to be called OnePass.

The way they say it'll work is when you add a "One Pass" it'll go and scour the internet along with your cable TV subscription, as well as any hulu, Amazon, Netflix, etc that you have and add those all together to create a complete library of past\present shows downloaded to the box available for watching. You know, the thing that basically every $40-100 cloud player box does for free right now... yeah tivo is going to do that now for your monthly (or lifetime subscription).

What I don't like is clutter. And funny part is from Tivo's press release "Organized Chaos - All OnePass streaming and recorded videos can be found in your "My Shows" section, organized in folders with the name of your favorite show, so the content you love is easiest to find and watch immediately"

The way I see it, it's them trying to justify their monthly subscription and keep people who are currently on the fence about cutting the cord, and then setting up a pathway for TiVo to maintain relevance in the lives of people who have cut the cord... but the problem is if I were to cut the cord, TiVo would be the first to go. Why do I need it if I'm watching content that's readily available on my Apple TV or my Chromecast or my computer? If it gets to the point where I no longer have a cable subscription, TiVo is gone.

Here, read this link, it's their press release and will tell you all about it:

http://pr.tivo.com/press-releases/t...ne-remote-one-box-onepass-nasdaq-tivo-1167281

FYI - I live in the SF Bay Area and am on the Tivo Advisor's panel (they invite me in over lunch hour twice a year and make me play with whatever is coming out and give feedback before final release and give me $100 as a thank you) ... and the last 2 times I've been in was for the new app, and the time before was for Tivo Stream, and both times my suggestions\ideas were shot down because there were several major implementation ideas I gave them and neither have happened. TiVo is like the tech company that isn't. They want to be a tech company, but they still act like a cable box maker. They only make money on their patents, which they're now grasping for alternative revenue streams and future products because they realize that the whole recording TV shows live thing isn't going to last forever and even those patents which have kept it in business for the last 10 years are going to lose their value.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Interesting but I dont have any hulu, amazon or netflix subscriptions.
I always pay for my tivo boxes with a lifetime service so I don't have to keep paying monthly fees.
So this will make it more cluttered?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.