Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I picked up the Apple Battery case yesterday, no problems with charging, connection right now.

Quick question, the phone and battery case was at 100% at 11:30pm when I went to bed - I left the phone on my desk.

When I woke up at 6:30am, the Smart battery case % was at 79% (Phone still read 100%)

Does this battery case really use up 20%+ in 7 hours just sitting idle?
It's not doing anything, it's in "Do Not Sleep" mode, no texts, calls, notifications...nothing.

Without the case, my phone sitting idle on my desk not charging, it would use up 4, maybe 5% overnight.
To me, 21% seems extreme.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It's quite possible that the battery may not be properly calibrated. I currently have one but first couple use the % would go up and down quite a bit but if you let the case run down to 0% few times should be normal.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
It's quite possible that the battery may not be properly calibrated. I currently have one but first couple use the % would go up and down quite a bit but if you let the case run down to 0% few times should be normal.

Cool, thank you, I'll give it a try. I found it even more odd yesterday when I was out - used the phone w/ the case for a little over 4 hours. Lot of video & photo taking. Some texts, use of other apps. I got back to the car and the case read 84%.

Today, even better, 4pm it's at 91% (only 9% since around 9am).

Maybe it was a slight hiccup on the first charge / sync? I'll let it run all the way down though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.