Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgrcts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
I've been using yahoo messenger for os 9.2.2 for a while now. Earlier today, it started crashing whenever it'd sign me in. I've unistalled and reinstalled it like 6 times but the same thing keeps happening. I've even tried several versions of yahoo messenger. Help!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Have you tried finding the preferences and deleting them?

I'm not sure how much information will have to be re-entered, but you could move them so that it creates new preferences before you delete them permanently.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
did you upgrade to the newest version? wouldn't let me even sign on untill i did it this morning....

but i'm guessing the preferences are the issue... try a search for messanger in sherlock on your system and delete everything associated with it, then try reinstalling

any conflict would do it...

sgrcts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
I tried 2.5.3 and also I've deleted all the relevant files, there was only two yahoo files I could find, yahoo preferences and the program itself.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Interesting. I just tried version 2.5.1 and I signed on fine.

What wasn't fine was that earlier I downloaded the 2.5.3 installer and it locked up. I could not even force quit it successfully.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
hmm... you got me there

the only other option is flushing/initializing the system... can't see you wanting to do that over just MSN though

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
extension conflict?

i know they're is an "Start at Start Up Extension"

but i guess that wouldn't be a problem

sorry man i'm out of ideas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.