Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brandonjinright

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
I have seen so many complaints on this forum. My phone got delayed and wont be here until tomorrow but now i am going to be messing with it like crazy to see if anything is wrong with it. Is anyone else a little less excited because of all the complaints? I am new here but ive been watching the forums the past week while waiting on my phone

Reactions: outlawarth

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Those that complain always make more noise than those that don't. When people complain, they want to be heard. its just how things work. Its not natural or acceptable to make 100 threads saying you like the device, but apparently its acceptable to create 1000 threads saying you dislike it. Makes no sense to me.

I love my 7Plus coming from a 6s. Have a slightly uneven tinted screen, but I can only notice it in certain conditions. I'm extremely OCD about my devices, but I'll learn to live with it. Everything else is perfect.

brandonjinright

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Those that complain always make more noise than those that don't. When people complain, they want to be heard. its just how things work. Its not natural or acceptable to make 100 threads saying you like the device, but apparently its acceptable to create 1000 threads saying you dislike it. Makes no sense to me.

I love my 7Plus coming from a 6s. Have a slightly uneven tinted screen, but I can only notice it in certain conditions. I'm extremely OCD about my devices, but I'll learn to live with it. Everything else is perfect.

I am also pretty OCD about my phone which is why I am worried I will be getting a device with issues out of the box. I am coming from the 6+ so i was really hoping for an upgrade since i paid full price from apple. Never lease a phone through sprint guys!! lol

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I love mine and I'm also coming from a 4.7 screen...

Battery life aside (to be fair, I had a smart case) I'm spending way more time on the phone then I should be just because I heart it so much.

If you don't like yours I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would want to swap or buy off of you ;)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I am also pretty OCD about my phone which is why I am worried I will be getting a device with issues out of the box. I am coming from the 6+ so i was really hoping for an upgrade since i paid full price from apple. Never lease a phone through sprint guys!! lol

Don't worry. If you have serious problems you can get it exchanged. I could get mine exchanged, but for such a small issue, I don't think its worth it. Thats coming from someone that exchanged a device that had one dead pixel in the corner that was not even noticeable.

Reactions: brandonjinright

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
As above people said...there are ALWAYS more complaint threads vs love the phone threads. Some people just have to complain! And also remember there are many many very happy customers out in the world that aren't even on these forums! Either way....you have a return period if you shall hate it!

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
Like the others said, don't let all the complaints scare you. I definitely understand that if there is a problem, the problem needs to be fixed. However, most people aren't going to start a thread just proclaiming their love for their new phone. Those folks are too busy doing others things for that. I'm always paranoid when I get a new phone. I didn't get a plus, just a regular 7 but I love mine and I came from a 6S. Fingers crossed that you're thrilled with yours and don't worry about the negative posts. Like the poster above me, I'm always more active in this forum right before an iPhone launch but then stay away because of all the negative posts. I'm not saying that people don't have the right to complain, I just try to stay away because I get paranoid. :)

Koobs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Im in the same boat as you coming from a 6+ Don't worry you'll love the upgrade. Its a much better phone than the 6+

Reactions: HEK

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
This is a forum. There are a ton of people here who came as a result of a issue. That's the nature of the forum. Someone has a issue. They check google and are directed here. Then there's the handful of people here who are enthusiasts. They enjoy cell phones and tech. The vast majority of people with iPhones have no issues and are not enthusiasts and you will never see or hear from them.

Don't let the forums scare you. As already stated. Those with issue scream the loudest. That's the case across everything. The voice of the few with complaints make the most noise. Fact of life.

ZeroGauge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
PA
No worries you'll love it. Like someone mentioned on here a while back most will comment on negative aspects only a few will comment with positive aspects. I've had my 7+ since launch day and although I do see some minor things that have been mentioned on here I'm not letting it kill my new iPhone joy. It's expected that there will be some defects when you get a phone on release day or really close in my opinion so I'm not sweating it like that. Hope you love your phone when you get it.

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011

I used to be OCD when t comes to IPhone's QC and did multiple exchanges in the past. I just don't have time for that crap anymore and for the first time I'm really happy with my 7 QC wise. It ruins the experience looking for every imperfection.

Reactions: HEK and Mlrollin91

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have seen so many complaints on this forum. My phone got delayed and wont be here until tomorrow but now i am going to be messing with it like crazy to see if anything is wrong with it. Is anyone else a little less excited because of all the complaints? I am new here but ive been watching the forums the past week while waiting on my phone

Apple has to hate these forums.

Rather than checking over your phone and looking for something wrong, try just using it.

Reactions: Crazyj414 and HEK

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
No issues here apart from the inline controls on headphones problem. At least that's getting fixed.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012

What complaints? If you are coming from a iphone 6 (not the 6s) or prior, it will be a huge improvement.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
You will love the iPhone 7 +. Have had a go on it in the store and thought it was incredible. Am a iPhone + lover so enjoy it. The speakers are much louder, the dual camera is an awesome addition, the new home button is a joy to use and ios10 is a joy on it.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I think you'll be pretty happy coming from a 6+ to a 7+

I was happy going from a 6+ to a 6s+

3D Touch is underrated imo

Reactions: Crazyj414 and HEK

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
I'm still waiting for mine too. I was at Best Buy and played with their demo units. If it makes you feel any better, the demo units didn't exhibit any of the issues the members were describing.

Reactions: eyeseeyou and HEK

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I know how you feel. Everyone has me freaking out about the jet black plus I ordered. The fact that it won't be here for another two weeks just gives me more time to think about whether or not I made the wrong choice.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015

I agree with you though mine is a normal 7. I got it today. No yellow or hissing but I am wary of keeping it now because my 6s is awesome. It is running slow right now and I know it's because I restored but it's playing with my mind because of these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.