Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I think it would be neat if they could increase the thickness of the iMac just a it and add a printer. it is an all in one, isn't it?

Any thoughts?

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
you might aswell have an old style iMac (eMac) and whack a printer in the back. OR, just buy a printer =P

munchmime

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2003
untitled

imacintel said:
I think it would be neat if they could increase the thickness of the iMac just a it and add a printer. it is an all in one, isn't it?

Any thoughts?

LMAO:D ....... i like the idea. mr. Dell:eek: would poop himself.

i would prefer just black ink for it though, i find that i could use a monochrome printer more and more as i go through black the fastest... let alone it would cut down on having to add extra room for other colors.

as for the physical limitations of it though, i see that as a long way off, i mean printers shake and vibrate, some fairly hard and violently, so perhaps it would damage the computer itself...
then you would also have people breaking the computer just trying to get the ink in... not so good.

a built in lazzzzzzer scanner under the bottom lip, right under the power would be kinda useful too.

-Munch

SheriffParker

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2006
The land of love
:eek:

No.

It would be a disaster. Who wants an inkjet bouncing around in the back of your computer. Printers jam and mess up all the time, and I'd hate to involve my computer in all that mess. It would have to have a slot to load paper, and it would increase thickness by way too much to make it worthwile.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
WHY would you want it thicker? The thinner the better and more stunning to Mac newbies. :p

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
Ummm...no. First, there are technical issues: people have vastly different printer needs. I just need a 3-in-1 (scan, print, copy) deal, very simple, nothing the least bit complex. Another customer might need a printer with alot more power. Secondly, this would be quite heavy. Even though the imac isn't portable, it is pretty easily moved. Not so with a big hunking printer on it. Thirdly, it would have to be designed so a person wouldn't have to get up to retrieve what they printed. Fourthly, i'm sure the imac would have to be redesigned somewhat. It would almost certainly lose it's tilting ability. A printer would mess up it. Just bad bad bad.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I am getting pretty shelled here. But your suggestions make great points.
All of you who postead should be renamed "Mr. Shellsalot =P

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
imacintel said:

Any thoughts?

or how about a printer with an imac on top??

your idea isn't totally crazy, but fitting a laser pritner on the back of an imac just wont work right now...where would you store the paper anyway?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I find a wireless printer placed out of sight but accessible to be a fine solution. Therefore I don't need the printer in my Mac.

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
To be fair, I don't think we're a million years away from an iMac with a built in 6x4 photo printer. It could be done, if Apple wanted to do it. But yeah, and Apple-style bluetooth printer tucked away somewhere would be much nicer.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Can't you just see the threads here complaining about the noise from the internal printer?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
imacintel said:

Any thoughts?
Apple got out of the printer business years ago. There is no reason for it to get back into the printer business.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
imacintel said:

Any thoughts?

I had the same idea last week! I think it might happen in the future, it would be kinda cool to just press Print and the paper slides out the bottom.

A+ for creativity.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
FF_productions said:
It was just a suggestion folks, don't kill him...

I say we kill him, and then we torture him and then we kill him again. Is everybody with me?

(NB for the mentally disturbed: there is not one bit of sincerity in my above comment so please don't act on it. Thanks, Da Management)

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
not a bad idea, but i doubt I will ever see that happen though.

having a mac that has wheels on a stand up to desk level that will follow you where ever you go is pretty cool.

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
munchmime said:
LMAO:D ....... i like the idea. mr. Dell:eek: would poop himself.

gx_all-in-1_150x150.jpg
usf_all-in-1_150x150.jpg

He has already done it, just he forgot too add the printer etc.

Yeah, iMac with printer, it will look like the Dell above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.