Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
If you bought a Samson C01U, C03U or the B.L.U.E. SnowBall, you may have jumped to soon? Rode Microphones introduces the Rode Podcaster a studio quality USB microphone that will list for $199.99 in either September or October. Check out the microphone here:

RodeMic Podcaster Information Page

They have even set up a website for podcasters:

RodePodcaster.com

Also check out the video link on on this page of the Rode Podcaster!

WOW this really looks cool and might give Samson and B.L.U.E. a run for there money?

Kindest Regards,

Jerry McCrae

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
Greez....
Why do I even bother to post on this forum. I can tell that you think very little of me... and I thank-you for you honesty.

Kindest Regards,

Jerry

:(

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
zimv20 said:
i took the piss out of rode's ad. how does that reflect on you? ::confused::
zimv20,
I don't know what I done to you....but everytime I post something you are so quick to cut me and my work down. If you wish to discuss the merits of USB microphones with out the "Grander than thou BS" and the "Gee I've got a degree talk" with out pissing me off then I am all for it. Other wise you and the other poster have no idea what you can or cannot do with a USB microphone. It is amazing that you take all the fun out audio stuff and you think that is has to been done a certain way because you were taught that way. Perhaps if you had respect for others then you might just learn something!

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
this is obviously fueled by something other than my comment about rode's advertising.

to set the record straight: my degree is in computer science, not audio engineering. further, i'm mostly self-taught. though i used to co-own and co-run a semi-commercial studio, i've never been employed by one. additionally, i'm learning all the time and always open to adapting the way i do things. but if i recommend a certain way of doing something, it's probably advice won from years of experience. if what i talk about is hearsay, i'll state as such.

whatever i did to piss you off, i'm sorry.

now, please point out to me where i've cut down your work. i don't recall hearing anything you've done.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
scratch the second link there, if you posted in that thread i didn't reply to you. but the first one, you must be referring to this:

me said:
it sounds like you're two inches away from it and without a pop screen. it's difficult to get the sense of a mic with such positioning.

that's what put you off? seriously?

was i wrong?

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
zimv20 said:
scratch the second link there, if you posted in that thread i didn't reply to you. but the first one, you must be referring to this:

that's what put you off? seriously?

was i wrong?
You were rude and offered nothing! I have nothing else to say.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
macbodock said:
You were rude and offered nothing! I have nothing else to say.

Wow..i'm sorry but sometimes you need to let it go..or simply add the person who is bothering you to the "Ignore list"

But really I've done stupid, stuff and got people saying "Wow your an idoit" when they said it I was pissed, looking back, I was an idoit.(It was about Spelling and Grammar and ReReading my post) I was wrong but did not want to admit it.

Also he listened to you sample, and told people his option. So either the mic is bad, or you did something wrong. That what I got from his post, and since he is a long time poster at MR, i'm going to value his opinion.

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
zap2 said:
Wow..i'm sorry but sometimes you need to let it go..or simply add the person who is bothering you to the "Ignore list"

But really I've done stupid, stuff and got people saying "Wow your an idoit" when they said it I was pissed, looking back, I was an idoit.(It was about Spelling and Grammar and ReReading my post) I was wrong but did not want to admit it.

Also he listened to you sample, and told people his option. So either the mic is bad, or you did something wrong. That what I got from his post, and since he is a long time poster at MR, i'm going to value his opinion.
ZAP2,

Thanks for calling me an idiot...

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
macbodock said:
ZAP2,

Thanks for calling me an idiot...

He didn't call you an idiot. He was referring to what people called him.

Personally, I've never been a fan of USB microphones. I'd rather have a nice XLR one which I convert to digital later on. That way, I can use different mics for different situations and use the same cables and mixers, which I wouldn't be able to do with USB.

e-clipse

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Nashville,TN
Seriously, I don't think anyone in the audio forums is an idiot. I look for to any posts that happen within this forum. I wish more people posted in this section. It is hard to read a person's emotions in basic type. Jerry's post is very beneficial to anyone who does recording and would like a step up from the built-in mic. It is great information to let Mac users know their is an alternative usb mic in which they may want to use. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.