Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleWarMachine

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2011
Michigan, US
I have had mine since Friday and have been enjoying it, but my brother's pre-order was pushed back 5-6 weeks, but he was able to cancel it and pick one up at the Apple store today (256 Silver AT&T)...yeah for pre-orders :rolleyes:

Reactions: Toddjenson

Toddjenson

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
Is this only for in full, or can I reserve and sign up for Apple upgrade programme in store?
No, you can reserve and sign up for the upgrade programme online then collect instore where you will fill in bank details ect, like I did today
[doublepost=1509918364][/doublepost]Hi, Just for anyone in the UK looking to reserve the IPhone X and pick up, when I picked up mine today I asked if they have many left still. Apparently the stores are sent different stock variations all week and staff are not told certain amounts. However stock will be available to reserve throughout the week on the site at 6am. Hope your reservations are successful

GQx20

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
That's great to hear! I've been trying the past two days with no luck. I pre-ordered but stuck on 2-3 weeks with 13 Nov - 20 Nov estimates. I'll see if my luck changes tomorrow but from the looks of it, the UK hasn't gotten much stock since launch.

Ronlap

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I ordered one at 6AM on October 27 and it originally listed the third week of December. After launch I got an email letting me know it improved to the first week of November. After reading this article I checked my local stores and one was available at the Palo Alto Stanford store.

I canceled my online order and placed a pick up order. When I arrived to pick it up there were around 15 people in the "no reservation" line. I was in and out in 10 minutes.

emporiky

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Gosh, it feels like they have in stock 5 phones per day in Brussels.
Got up this morning, reserve and pick up was live 30 sec past 6am, at 06:01, when I was confirming my pickup, it was already unavailable...

Reactions: Lill-Q

BeerCheese

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
wait... I'm a little confused. It shows 3 of my nearest Apple Store
with the 64gb silver or black Verizon iPhone X as in-stock right now.

How is that even possible? Doesn't nobody want the 64gb version?
(then again, I was hoping to get the 256gb version as well... so I
guess I just answered my own question?) :(

Should I just "settle" for the 64gb version so I can pick it up at the
store tomorrow?

Toddjenson

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
wait... I'm a little confused. It shows 3 of my nearest Apple Store
with the 64gb silver or black Verizon iPhone X as in-stock right now.

How is that even possible? Doesn't nobody want the 64gb version?
(then again, I was hoping to get the 256gb version as well... so I
guess I just answered my own question?) :(

Should I just "settle" for the 64gb version so I can pick it up at the
store tomorrow?
Depends how fast you get through your 64gb, I wanted 256gb version but settled with 64gb. Its still a lot of storage really, but depends if you want it sooner

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I'm going to go out and say it. This pisses me off. After all the BS I went through at 3 AM trying to get the phone on launch day, to end up with a December delivery date, and then to have stock available for WALK IN orders before I even get my 3 AM pre-order.

That is just a complete slap in the face to the most loyal customers. It's not even really worth it for me to do anything, because I know I will end up in AT&T limbo.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
I was going to flip my preorder but since the X is now available for walk in sales it looks that ship has sailed. I guess I'll cancel my order and wait until next year to see if X prices come down. There's just no way I can get $1200 worth of use out of a phone, at least not with data caps.

BeerCheese

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
Depends how fast you get through your 64gb, I wanted 256gb version but settled with 64gb. Its still a lot of storage really, but depends if you want it sooner

checked again this afternoon, the 2nd nearest Apple Store is now showing the 256gb version as in stock, so I placed an order. I also ordered the 64gb version. I'll decided which one I'm actually going to pick up when I get to the Apple Store tomorrow afternoon. :)

Toddjenson

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
checked again this afternoon, the 2nd nearest Apple Store is now showing the 256gb version as in stock, so I placed an order. I also ordered the 64gb version. I'll decided which one I'm actually going to pick up when I get to the Apple Store tomorrow afternoon. :)
Good Job

BeerCheese

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017

I just got back from the Apple Store. I ended up with the 64gb iPhone X. I told the employee that I didn't want to pick up the 256gb one, so she said she would just cancel that one. She told me they had "plenty" of the 64gb silver iPhone X in stock... seems like most people want the black version instead. :( They also are got several 256gb version of iPhone X in stock.(but again, silver only... the black ones sold out immediately)

Reactions: Toddjenson

Toddjenson

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
I just got back from the Apple Store. I ended up with the 64gb iPhone X. I told the employee that I didn't want to pick up the 256gb one, so she said she would just cancel that one. She told me they had "plenty" of the 64gb silver iPhone X in stock... seems like most people want the black version instead. :( They also are got several 256gb version of iPhone X in stock.(but again, silver only... the black ones sold out immediately)
The silver was most popular round my area, I still feel bad for those apple customers that pre orderd on the day of release and are having to wait until December yet they have quite a lot of stock instore...but... at least it’s not as low stock as we thought

bakerjeri

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Still no 256GB stock anywhere in the UK
I ordered at noon on launch day with a notice I would receive it between Dec 11-18, I just got notice from AT&T it will be here tomorrow. There is hope
[doublepost=1510114209][/doublepost]
The silver was most popular round my area, I still feel bad for those apple customers that pre orderd on the day of release and are having to wait until December yet they have quite a lot of stock instore...but... at least it’s not as low stock as we thought
I ordered on launch day from AT&T and was scheduled for mid December and got notice tonight it will be here tomorrow.
[doublepost=1510114603][/doublepost]
11/17 - 11/24. ATT service confirmation check kept failing so I watched my ship date slip later and later every time I tried. Finally got through on 10th attempt
Mine was scheduled for mid December delivery. I just got email from AT&T and it will be here tomorrow

BeerCheese

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017

After using the iPhone X for just one day, I have returned it. So I guess that will at least boost Apple's refurbished iPhone X stock? :)

I'm going back to using my Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 6s.

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
Finally they seem to be preparing to ship iPhone X's slated for the 20-27th November window - "Preparing to Ship:Your order is being prepared for shipment". That was a long wait for putting in a pre-order just about 10 min after the store was supposed to go online.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I want to reserve an iPhone X, Verizon model (a gift for a family member) for in-store pickup when I see availability, but I don't have a Verizon account. I intend to pay full price. At this point, Apple requires that I enter Verizon account info, but I don't have that family member's info, and I don't want to ask them for it. Is there any way to reserve the Verizon model without entering Verizon account information? I'm guessing that I'll have to wait for a sim free version to become available. Ugh.

Mollan

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
The Netherlands/Italy
Finally they seem to be preparing to ship iPhone X's slated for the 20-27th November window - "Preparing to Ship:Your order is being prepared for shipment". That was a long wait for putting in a pre-order just about 10 min after the store was supposed to go online.

Interesting, I have the same delivery date and nothing has moved yet...

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
After using the iPhone X for just one day, I have returned it. So I guess that will at least boost Apple's refurbished iPhone X stock? :)

I'm going back to using my Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 6s.

Why? I keep looking at the Note 8 but I have been iPhone since the start and can't bring myself to attempt to do something different, so I am always interested to hear others share their thoughts when it comes to things like that.

dzamora

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2017
Gosh, it feels like they have in stock 5 phones per day in Brussels.
Got up this morning, reserve and pick up was live 30 sec past 6am, at 06:01, when I was confirming my pickup, it was already unavailable...

The same in London. We 've been trying for two days, getting up at 6 in the morning and nothing, I think they are ... confused... and they are not charging any stock for pickup every morning at 6, as they say...

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
The same in London. We 've been trying for two days, getting up at 6 in the morning and nothing, I think they are ... confused... and they are not charging any stock for pickup every morning at 6, as they say...

You can usually reserve at 23:00 or so, the night before.
[doublepost=1510572649][/doublepost]
Interesting, I have the same delivery date and nothing has moved yet...

See my post here Mollan:
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...received-thread.2078639/page-41#post-25455939

Any update for you yet?

Mollan

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
The Netherlands/Italy
You can usually reserve at 23:00 or so, the night before.
[doublepost=1510572649][/doublepost]

See my post here Mollan:
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...received-thread.2078639/page-41#post-25455939

Any update for you yet?

Yes, my delivery date is...tomorrow! I am not feeling the hype for an Apple product that's arriving...not sure if I'm getting old or just afraid I won't notice the difference with my 6S... :)

They shipped it on Monday :)
I wonder how they choose the delivery trip though... Quite curious to see it shipped from China to Korea before being shipped to the Netherlands... :D

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
Yes, my delivery date is...tomorrow! I am not feeling the hype for an Apple product that's arriving...not sure if I'm getting old or just afraid I won't notice the difference with my 6S... :)

They shipped it on Monday :)
I wonder how they choose the delivery trip though... Quite curious to see it shipped from China to Korea before being shipped to the Netherlands... :D

Mine was delivered on Wednesday 10:30 - hope you got yours today (yesterday)!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.