Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone X shipping estimates continue to improve on Apple's online store amid the busy holiday shopping season.

iphone-x-silver-800x760.jpg

Apple's flagship smartphone is now available for delivery within two to four business days on average in the United States, meaning that online orders placed today will arrive at your doorstep by Wednesday to Friday.

The improved timeframe applies to most AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and SIM-free iPhone X models, while T-Mobile variants are estimated for delivery by December 19, or roughly six business days from today.

The same two to four day delivery estimate is quoted in several other countries where the iPhone X is sold, including Australia, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Elsewhere, December 19 is a common estimate.

iPhone X inventory continues to improve at Apple retail stores around the world as well, with pickup available today in many locations.

iphone-x-delivery-few-days-800x343.jpg

Shortly after iPhone X pre-orders began on October 27, shipping estimates for the device extended to 5-6 weeks around the world, but Apple has been able to improve supply earlier than some anticipated.

According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the improved iPhone X shipping estimates are due to better-than-expected improvements in production, rather than a lack of demand for the new device.

All in all, if you are looking to purchase an iPhone X in time for Christmas, there is still some time on your side. If you're debating between buying an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus, read our comparison guide.

Article Link: You Can Now Get an iPhone X Delivered in Just a Few Days

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Great news. Of course we’ll get a slew of posts about how this means sales are slow, but I interpret this as meaning that the supply issues have been dealt with. We’ll find out for sure when we see Apple’s forecast for next quarter.

Oddly, in my area the 64GB model is in tighter supply. Up until now it was the 256GB model that was harder to get.

asdavis10

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Bermuda
Once again, "analysts" getting it wrong about Apple's supply/demand balance. What we will have to wait to see (via quarterly earnings) is if Apple simply met demand much quicker than estimated of if demand was tepid for the X after launch.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Good job apple. The scalping on the X was insane this year. When I purchased mine, there were about 100 people waiting in line and all seemed to buy 2 phones at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jesse Waugh

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
During the weekend I saw many X around airports. They're easy to spot due to the peculiar screen shape.

Reactions: KPOM

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
Once again, "analysts" getting it wrong about Apple's supply/demand balance. What we will have to wait to see (via quarterly earnings) is if Apple simply met demand much quicker than estimated of if demand was tepid for the X after launch.

Yep, didn't Min say it would be well into 2018 before supply matched demand?

I know he likes to cover every option in order to always have predicted the right one, but still........

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
Went for the "Buy One, Get One Free" 8 promo at AT&T yesterday. One of their biggest stores in Houston. He said Saturday was packed with people.

He said 8 vs X sales are 50/50.

Just all conversational.

Reactions: psac

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I've already seen this all over the place. Perhaps it's because last year and the year before it was more difficult to spot the "new iPhone" because the designs were similar, but I've never known an upgrade cycle like it.

I know this is very subjective, of course.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Nice job on Apple's part looks like they have almost met demand for their $1k+ phone at this point. It will be interesting to see whether they try and maintain this large price increase next year (i.e. try and make it the new normal).

whiteboytrash

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
I've already seen this all over the place. Perhaps it's because last year and the year before it was more difficult to spot the "new iPhone" because the designs were similar, but I've never known an upgrade cycle like it.

I know this is very subjective, of course.

I say it’s been the same as every other upgrade cycle. Rumors that the phone will be delayed and in short supply for the there to be a 3-4 week wait to ship, then it draws into 2 weeks and then the regular few days to ship timeframe.

Nothing has changed. Year after year it’s the same cycle.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Awesome, now all the gotta have it NOW people are satisfied, let the big iphone discounts commence!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Still waiting for the sweet-spot 128GB model.

Hope you are patient because that could be a couple years. 128GB is the "sweet spot," I agree. I would have been the model I would have bought. But Apple isn't stupid. It knew that too which is why there is a woefully low storage model and a Woah! Too Much storage model. It knows most willing buyers will up buy in that scenario vs not buying at all.

$150 isn't worth getting all riled up contemplating. If that is real money to a buyer then they probably shouldn't be considering a $1000 phone either. It's the starting at $1K that is the hard part to swallow. Digest that and the $150 goes down relatively painless along with the additional sales tax, where applicable.

lisztomania7

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I just ordered the 64gb X in Space Grey last night. I thought I would be happy enough with my 8 for another year, but with having seen it in person and my friends giving it nothing but glowing reviews, I’ve finally been pushed over the edge.

I’m trying out the Apple iPhone Upgrade program also, rather than buying it outright as I have in the past (first time with AppleCare +, since it’s so expensive to repair otherwise) Can’t wait :)

Reactions: Jetcat3

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Still waiting for the sweet-spot 128GB model.

You mean 128GB on the base model?
It's going to take years, 64GB are a good amount of storage for a lot of people. 2 years ago we had 16GB and a lot of people bought those models, so 64 should be plenty. And think about iCloud, the more storage you have the less you are willing to upgrade in order to store your pictures there and save space on the device

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
And how is this news?
This is around the same time frame as the launch day orders where we were quoted for 5 to 6 weeks!
Mathematics is not that hard...

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
Apple retail has still been largely sold out at close of business. New supply daily but still flying off the shelves.

I’m super happy that Apple is going to have them available for Christmas and into January.

All the production problems I believe were overblown and Apple was actually producing quite a bit after the release of iPhone 8 to be prepared for Nov 4.

Staggered launch was always the plan to build excitement and get everyone who wanted an iPhone 8 an iPhone 8.

$87B is happening and I expect quite a bit more.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
I just ordered the 64gb X in Space Grey last night. I thought I would be happy enough with my 8 for another year, but with having seen it in person and my friends giving it nothing but glowing reviews, I’ve finally been pushed over the edge.

Wow, upgrading from a model you just bought a couple months ago when it was introduced. That's the quickest upgrade I've ever heard of. Even quicker than me upgrading to an X after buying a 7 Plus 11 months ago.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. But be warned, FaceID is often slower than TouchID and doesn't work all the time. Otherwise, amazing phone and worth the $$$.
[doublepost=1513001453][/doublepost]Reports of supply-chain bottlenecks have been greatly exaggerated.

bensh1

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Just placed on order on T-Mobile for the X 256gb SG over the weekend.. they're quoting me ship date from 12/13 - 12/20.

How come is the T-mobile model so constrained? More people buying or less production?

The apple store had it in store, but T-Mo didn't :-(
Went through T-mobile due to Loss/Theft insurance.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Glad to see people will be able to get their X's in time for Christmas. And this is after analysts predicted X supply wouldn't catch up until early 2018.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.