You have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage poli

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nakulkundra, Sep 13, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2011
    I was using internet at night at home on my MACBOOK PRO, i tried updating the itunes, but also got a new Security update security update 2011-005

updated it and shut down the system, now in morning when i tried usnig the internet, i am getting the following error every time,

you have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage policy

I tried restarting the MacBook
    Tried loging in by different username
    Tried using internet at different ISP aswell
    Please Help !!
  2. macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    Did you try resetting your browser, clearing your cache and cookies? Check with your ISP to see if they have issues or any sites blocked? Try a different browser?
  3. macrumors 603

Feb 15, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    OP what ISP, which web site and what country are you in?
  4. macrumors 6502

Feb 12, 2008
    Is this a company or school issued computer? If so, just contact your IT helpdesk or IT admin.
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2011

ITS my personal MAC Book Pro,
    Tested on ISPs : AIRTEL and MTNL
    Country India
    Tried resetting Safari and also Firefox

Please Help
  6. macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
    San Jose (CA)
  7. macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2010
    Pune, India
    This seems to be some kinda Network Admin issue, (Probably if it's a work/college network) not your ISP.. unless you've overused your FUP on both Airtel and MTNL

Although if you exceed FUP on Airtel the page it shows is differrent.

Edit: OP, what DNS are you using?
  8. macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    This sounds like an internet filtering software message. Did this happen while you were connected to an office or a university network?
    My university network filter blocks certain websites, such as download/torrent websites, pr0n websites, and most content/media streaming websites. Undoubtedly, they do it to conserve bandwidth first and foremost, but also to comply with copyright policies.