Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nakulkundra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
I was using internet at night at home on my MACBOOK PRO, i tried updating the itunes, but also got a new Security update security update 2011-005

updated it and shut down the system, now in morning when i tried usnig the internet, i am getting the following error every time,

you have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage policy

I tried restarting the MacBook
Tried loging in by different username
Tried using internet at different ISP aswell
Please Help !!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Did you try resetting your browser, clearing your cache and cookies? Check with your ISP to see if they have issues or any sites blocked? Try a different browser?

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Is this a company or school issued computer? If so, just contact your IT helpdesk or IT admin.

nakulkundra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Did you try resetting your browser, clearing your cache and cookies? Check with your ISP to see if they have issues or any sites blocked? Try a different browser?

ITS my personal MAC Book Pro,
Tested on ISPs : AIRTEL and MTNL
Country India
Tried resetting Safari and also Firefox

Please Help

Funkatronic

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Pune, India
ITS my personal MAC Book Pro,
Tested on ISPs : AIRTEL and MTNL
Country India
Tried resetting Safari and also Firefox

Please Help

This seems to be some kinda Network Admin issue, (Probably if it's a work/college network) not your ISP.. unless you've overused your FUP on both Airtel and MTNL

Although if you exceed FUP on Airtel the page it shows is differrent.

Edit: OP, what DNS are you using?

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This sounds like an internet filtering software message. Did this happen while you were connected to an office or a university network?
My university network filter blocks certain websites, such as download/torrent websites, pr0n websites, and most content/media streaming websites. Undoubtedly, they do it to conserve bandwidth first and foremost, but also to comply with copyright policies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.