You'll need Vista Ultimate to run the thing in Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Lovesong, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Sep 15, 2006
    Stuck beween a rock and a hard place
    DailyTech had an interesting story...

Apparently, if you are planning to use Vista with Parallels (or any other virtualization or emulation software), you will need to shell out for either the Business or Ultimate Editions, in accordance with the EULAs of the different editions. The conundrum here is that since Parallels has poor 3-D virtualization (to be kind to them), you really would not be able to experience "The Wow." Most users that would run Vista through Parallels will probably run a couple of non-graphics intensive programs, and likely to have settled for the Home or Home Premium Editions. Any thoughts?
  2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2005
    This issue came up long time ago. Most users using Parallel are going to stick with XP. As for me, Vista Ultimate is going to stay on my boot camp for another 6 months since im using the the beta.
  3. KKP925 macrumors member

Jan 16, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    I've been running Vista Business through Parallels, and yes, there is no "Wow" factor! I am guessing that Parallels can't take full advantage of my Mac Pro's high end video card! :confused:
  4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    why should I care about the WOW factor of Vista in Parallels...

Im running Parallels so that i dont HAVE to see that crap.

In essence im running vista apps without Vista...

then again, maybe there is a WOW factor within every Vista app?