Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
DailyTech had an interesting story...
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5951

Apparently, if you are planning to use Vista with Parallels (or any other virtualization or emulation software), you will need to shell out for either the Business or Ultimate Editions, in accordance with the EULAs of the different editions. The conundrum here is that since Parallels has poor 3-D virtualization (to be kind to them), you really would not be able to experience "The Wow." Most users that would run Vista through Parallels will probably run a couple of non-graphics intensive programs, and likely to have settled for the Home or Home Premium Editions. Any thoughts?

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
This issue came up long time ago. Most users using Parallel are going to stick with XP. As for me, Vista Ultimate is going to stay on my boot camp for another 6 months since im using the the beta.

KKP925

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I've been running Vista Business through Parallels, and yes, there is no "Wow" factor! I am guessing that Parallels can't take full advantage of my Mac Pro's high end video card! :confused:

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
why should I care about the WOW factor of Vista in Parallels...

Im running Parallels so that i dont HAVE to see that crap.

In essence im running vista apps without Vista...

then again, maybe there is a WOW factor within every Vista app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.