Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deebinem

Suspended
May 7, 2017
I also want to be able to communicate with aliens a la Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
I don't think the watch can produce 6 quavers accurately after getting sent a group of 5 quavers, a group of 4 quavers, and then a group of 4 semi-quavers...

Maybe a Siri Shortcut instead?

Reactions: macsplusmacs

Timelordprime

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Toronto
I hope this is fully user-definable. My AppleWatch already has a mind of its own, and does things when I don't want it to just by motion.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
ending a timer that way should be the default way and not an accessibility.

sully54

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
Canada
This is crazy. I remember a few years ago there was a kickstarter for a motion sensing armband called Myo which was designed to allow someone to control their computer using arm gestures. The fact that this is now available on a consumer device is simply astounding.

I can only imagine that this is the groundwork for some sort of control device for Apple's AR glasses.

[AUT] Thomas

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2016
Graz [Austria]
Great if it works... my AW doesn't even wake every time I rotate my wrist and the AW going to sleep prematurely is one of the biggest issue for apps. For my smartlock if I don't keep the watch awake long enough it won't complete the communication with the lock. Microsoft Authenticator suffers from the same issue and even displays a message to keep the watch awake.

In theory all this is nice... but practically some basics aren't even working properly. And this are bloody obvious basics... Apple needs to stop ignoring that and fix that first...

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
This is not just assitive touch, but a huge improvement for everyone who just "wants" it.
Exactly.

Not sure how quickly I'll learn these gestures, but they'll be quite useful for, say, controlling the watch while riding a bike.

ninetyCent

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
I thought this was some stupid concept video someone created again but damn, it already exists.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Guess I’m gonna have to switch to my other hand when visiting those “special” websites…. :p

(it’s a joke, kids. And get off my lawn!)

• Haha
Reactions: Apple_Jae
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.