Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Well maybe it is demographic how it is used. I teach at an elementary school - all kids use TikTok and snapshat. Some use instagram and almost no one use Facebook. Among teachers it is the opposite. But that may also say a lot about teachers...
Yup, different demographics use TikTok differently. There are also numerous teachers on TikTok.

Blu-ray1972

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2013

TikTok is rolling out the ability for users to upload videos that are up to 10 minutes long, an increase from the previous 3-minute time limit imposed on the app, the company has confirmed to TechCrunch.

tiktok-logo.jpg

TikTok has been testing out the feature for several months and is now slowly rolling it out to all users. TikTok has had a history of increasing the maximum time length for videos on the app in an effort to keep pace with the changing dynamics of the content created.

Initially, videos were limited to just 15 seconds, before they were increased to 60 seconds, then 3 minutes, and now 10 minutes. The 10-minute option aims to "unleash even more creative possibilities for our creators around the world," TikTok said.

TikTok users will be notified when they're able to upload 10-minute-long videos, as long as they're running the latest app version.

Article Link: You'll Soon Be Able to Watch 10-Minute Videos on TikTok
No! The 3 minute ones are painful enough!

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
TikTok is killing YouTube slowly, as YouTube is getting more and more hostile towards users and creators.

Although I don't get where TikTok is going with a longer duration, I do have to admit the ease of use of the app. It's no wonder so many creators even use TikTok to make their videos for IG and YouTube. The plethora of templates is amazing, and they're even easier to use than IG's. Basically TikTok is doing for video what IG did for photos.

abowlby

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Eastern US
TikTok is playing Icarus here. I’m not sure anyone wants to watch a 10 minute video on being Josh Safdie’s muse during Unnca Jahms.

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
  1. Introduce video platform with short maximum length but no commercials.
  2. Over time increase the maximum length of the videos.
  3. When usage reaches a critical threshold gradually introduce commercials, followed by a pay option to bypass those commercials.
  4. Sell video platform, then after a short absence start a new video platform with short maximum length but no commercials.

Reactions: kc9hzn

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
I don’t use TikTok, but I feel this will really hurt YouTube and IG.
doesn’t bother me anymore majority of the people i watch, are on rumble, odysee, bitchute now I have so many alternatives that make youtube so annoying with their ads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.