Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I hope this carries over to YT music. I don’t like seeing cardio b, Nikki manage, or drake in the hotlist. I’d like to remove them from my YouTube experience.

Reactions: tonyr6 and Oilbrnr

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
Yeah, you're talking about a separate and completely unrelated issue. This (don't recommend) doesn't affect that issue. That's a perceived system issue. This is not that, and can't be tied to that. You may need a different thread for your issue.
We don't know that. The "don't recommend" thing could go into the ranking algorithm globally. Still seems innocent enough.

warp9

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2017
FYI, this has always been available on desktop browsers. Being available on mobile is what's new here.

Reactions: Baumi

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
I managed to get my Youtube home page to be completely black for 6 months now, I have a script that automatically blocks every channel they suggest. I am happy with the 17 channels I am subscribed too

Baumi

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
FYI, this has always been available on desktop browsers. Being available on mobile is what's new here.
Exactly. I’ve been using it for a long time on the desktop and didn’t even realize mobile didn’t have it until now.

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Oh good! What could possibly go wrong with this?

Good thing there aren't big groups of people that will mobilize and defame companies and content producers just because of political bias... good thing.. cause that'd be insane to live in a world like that... good thing...
Yeah, I used to give Google and big tech the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore. They’re publishers and need to be treated like such.

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Didn't realize Lew had so many haters. I'm sure his 14.7M subs, millions of views per upload and bank account will help comfort him from the "not interesteds". ;)

Why is it that someone that finds his style unappealing has to be a hater? Not everything is for everyone and people have a right to not want to have their recommendations include him or any other YouTuber. I have no hate for the man at all. I'm too busy living my life to hate on anyone for anything. More power to him. But he's not my cup of tea and I appreciate YouTube for giving me a way to keep him and many other YouTubers out of my feed. :cool:

tongue in cheek
You intend it to be understood as a joke, although you might appear to be serious.

I thought the winky face was enough to explain this but I guess not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.