Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M_W

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2016
USA
I'm subscribed to a few music channels on YouTube. I usually listen to them on my iPhone via the normal YouTube app, which allows me to view all videos (songs) uploaded by that channel, add them to my like list, subscribe to new channels, etc. However, it's a little clunky as I can't listen to it in the background and the video part uses up unnecessary bandwidth.

I gave the YouTube Music app a try awhile back, but it didn't let me view which channels I was subscribed to or anything. I've tried Musi as well, but again, I can't see my channels, like videos, etc.

All I want is a way to listen to YouTube audio, in the background, while still being able to access all my account features. Does such a thing exist?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
You can try the protube app, but I am not sure if playing media in the background will use less bandwidth or still the same.

Certain channels may also not be accessible via protube (no idea why). But at just a few dollars, definitely worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.