Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Nice feature addition. Now, if they would just give me the ability to give them money in order to remove ads without bundling YouTube Music Premium (which I have no need for), I'll be happy as a clam. I would gladly pay them up to $5.00 per month to remove ads from YouTube.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Don’t like the policies start your own company and do what you like. It’s a free country after all.

Don't like opinions that trigger you? You are free to start your own blog. It's a free country after all....
And chapters does indeed look like a good feature.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Don't like opinions that trigger you? You are free to start your own blog. It's a free country after all....
And chapters does indeed look like a good feature.
Agreed but youtube has a monopoly which makes it difficult for a startup to be successful. Just saying....

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Great, now go and make a decent iOS app.

One that looks like it was made for iOS instead of Android, with support for PiP, auto dark mode, a functional comment section and without that annoying pop-up ad for YT Premium.
And default video to 1080P. Tired of changing it from 480 to 1080p every time.

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
It’s a welcomed feature, but I don’t understand why I can’t skip through the chapters like playing a CD. I have to scrub through and hope to catch the beginning of the chapter. Odd omission.

iDento

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
Youtube is not perfect on Apple TV but for dear complainers, try Facebook Watch app, for Apple TV? It’s a bag of hurt as some genius guy once said.

TrowaNY

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2014
I'd like to take time out to thank all the "Time Stampers" out there that saved us all so much time.
The real MVP's!!!

Reactions: alexmshore

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
I honestly love YouTube, the problem is the company behind it. Another problem is that its a monopoly, almost all video on the internet is on YouTube and there is no break away from that since last I heard hosting videos online is not-profitable infact it can be a loss so I have no hopes of any tech. company or investor to create a competitor.

Great feature, but it would be great if they could fix the player experience on Apple TV - it's literally the worst thing I've used on the platform.

They might be doing this on purpose to make you hate the Apple platform and move to a Google platform. They say Google sites always work better on Chrome than Firefox or Safari.

That's true. Navigating while playback e. g. to adjust subtitles is just not fun at all especially because so much of the image gets covered by the UI. The worst thing for me is the image quality. No matter the resolution it's just utter garbage, especially in dark scenes. I don't know if that's somehow bugged for me or normal.

This might have to do with video codec, Google uses a codec which Apple refuses to use, so Apple will never get 4K from youtube. Thats what I understood.

Aidan04

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2016
Great. Now bring 4k back to the apps.. when are they gonna use the new standard Protocol that apple will support..

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
The only content they remove should definitely definitely be removed and anyone with half a braincell would agree.
Well when they removed those doctors in CA explaining why mistakes were made in the covid19 response (which was correct), that was wrong. Lets end this - thank you

expiredyogurt

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2016
not america
no content creator will ever do this because they want viewers to sit through their edgy intro and also the sponsors of their video before they would show their 30 sec content. I'd like it if users can submit the chapters so I don't have to sit through those ads / intro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.