Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smaht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2021
Going round and round with YTTV support and they don’t get it. I get occasional but more frequent vertical pixelization on mostly the broadcast networks, whether it is live or recorded. All of their suggestions didn’t help- lower the resolution, delete and reinstall the app.
I have an A1842 32gb Apple TV running tvOS 15.0. Doesn’t happen on any other app from Netflix and Disney + to Amazon and Hulu.
Would upgrading to a newer AppleTV help? Or switch to HuluLive?

besler3035

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Going round and round with YTTV support and they don’t get it. I get occasional but more frequent vertical pixelization on mostly the broadcast networks, whether it is live or recorded. All of their suggestions didn’t help- lower the resolution, delete and reinstall the app.
I have an A1842 32gb Apple TV running tvOS 15.0. Doesn’t happen on any other app from Netflix and Disney + to Amazon and Hulu.
Would upgrading to a newer AppleTV help? Or switch to HuluLive?
This is due to YTTV broadcasting a lower bitrate. I agree, their picture quality looks like utter crap compared to the competition. Hulu Live and Fubo are both better, but have their own cons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.