Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weblogik

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Im real happy with mac pro specs, but i kinda hate the towers... When can we expect a redesign? Even a little update? I'd hate to buy and see a new one a couple of months later, im not in crazy rush but i do kind of need a new comp...

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Im real happy with mac pro specs, but i kinda hate the towers... When can we expect a redesign? Even a little update? I'd hate to buy and see a new one a couple of months later, im not in crazy rush but i do kind of need a new comp...

You hate them because you're bored of them or something functional about the towers like lack of bays or something? Just curious.

weblogik

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
You hate them because you're bored of them or something functional about the towers like lack of bays or something? Just curious.

Hate is too strong of word, has nothing to do with anythign but looks i think theyre great :)
A redesign would make me feel like i have a "new" model, which id like to have if im gonna go drop 5k :)
i said it was a very superficial question :)

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
I see. Ok I get that now. Ya it would kind of suck if 3 months from now some radical super cool design came out but I must admit I do like the current mac-pro design and I'm primarily a PC guy :)

deux-ex-mak

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
I like it

I like the current design. You can't argue about taste they say. But from a functional point of view I don't think you can improve it.

I guess a re-design is always risky when we are talking about re-inventing the wheel - in this case, the cube...

You could have it gold colour metal given the current relation hardware-prize, but I'd rather have it black if we are to change colors... :D

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
IMO the only thing that would improve the existing chassis is if it could hold a couple more drives (yes 6) :)

weblogik

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
I like the current design. You can't argue about taste they say. But from a functional point of view I don't think you can improve it.

I guess a re-design is always risky when we are talking about re-inventing the wheel - in this case, the cube...

You could have it gold colour metal given the current relation hardware-prize, but I'd rather have it black if we are to change colors... :D

See, if a black mac came out 2 months after i bought a current gen mac pro i would be pissed!!!

MorzillA

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Miami
mine could be in a potato sack - as long as it ran well.

I couldn't agree with you more on that!!! I have a PMG4 that runs OSX 10.3.9 and as long as it runs better than my G/Fs PC and the one I use at work (PC) it could look like SHREKs ass for all I care :D LMAO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.