Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Third-party accessory manufacturer ZENS today launched the two-in-one iPhone/Apple Watch Power Bank, letting users recharge their Apple devices while on the go. The rectangular case has an integrated induction charger for the Apple Watch -- which is Apple MFi Certified -- and a USB-A port on one side for charging any other device connected to the bank.

The Power Bank has an included battery rated at 4,000 mAh and a 2A output, which ZENS said "guarantees fast charging of the Apple Watch and iPhone or iPad." Its battery falls in line with another portable Apple Watch/iPhone charging pack made by Kanex, which can recharge an Apple Watch six times over on one life.

ZENS-1.jpg

The two-in-one ZENS Power Bank is developed especially for Apple Watch and iPhone/iPad. As is the case with other ZENS products, the innovative new power bank stands out for its sleek, ultra-slim design. It offers a space-saving way to charge your Apple iPhone and/or Apple Watch at home, in the office or on the go, without the need to bring along a cumbersome charging dock while you're underway.

The Apple MFi Certified module that is incorporated in the ZENS Power Bank eliminates the need to add your own Apple Watch Charger. While you are wirelessly charging your Apple Watch, you can use the reversible micro USB cable, that is impossible to plug in wrong, to charge your iPhone or iPad.
ZENS says the Power Bank is ideal for travel as well as home and office use, because "the all-in-one charging and battery solution requires little space on your desk or in your bag" thanks to its ultra-slim design, which is about 5 inches long and just 1.5 inches wide.

The company has released an integrated charging puck accessory before for the Apple Watch, with the small Apple Watch Power Bank that focused on portability and had a 1,300 mAh battery. That cheaper option, which runs for $56, didn't offer simultaneous iPhone or iPad charging with an additional USB-A port, however.

Those interested can purchase the ZENS iPhone/Apple Watch Power Bank from the company's website for EUR69.99 or about $78.00, and it will ship to the United States and several other countries from the Netherlands.

Article Link: ZENS Launches Power Bank for Simultaneous Apple Watch and iPhone Charging

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks nice, I'll have to put that on my Christmas wish list :)

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
The battery is why I returned the Apple watch. It doesn't have realistic battery life to be convenient enough to wear as a watch.

DCJ001

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
"you can use the reversible micro USB cable, that is impossible to plug in wrong, to charge your iPhone or iPad."

Micro USB?

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
I would love to see another similar product that is a charger for the macbook via usb-C with a usb A port for charging the iPhone and a spot for the apple watch as well! That would be a killer product.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I purchased an Adata 10,050 mah charger with dual high and slow speed ports for $25. I doubt the port type drastically changes the price. Seems like they're trying to charge an Apple tax.

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
Nice. I've been using their portable watch charging cube for about 4 months now, and it works great.

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
While the watch battery could certainly be better, I've only had it due in me once or twice fully. I just charge it when I'm taking a shower or eating dinner and it's good to go for the next day. When it did die (I forgot to charge it) I realized how much I appreciated it as I use it so much now that I don't give it a second thought. Something like this could be super handy.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The battery is why I returned the Apple watch. It doesn't have realistic battery life to be convenient enough to wear as a watch.

What's considered 'Convenient'? It depends on how you use the Watch. I have no issue with my Watch lasting more than a day with the heart sensor and Hey Siri function deactivated. It's a wearable rechargeable device, which has the ability to be recharged in a short amount of time. This device at least assists in this.

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
looks nice, do not be ashamed to get it and charge for all to see

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
What's considered 'Convenient'? It depends on how you use the Watch. I have no issue with my Watch lasting more than a day with the heart sensor and Hey Siri function deactivated. It's a wearable rechargeable device, which has the ability to be recharged in a short amount of time. This device at least assists in this.
It doesn't have the battery life of a watch, it has the battery life similar to a phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.