Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Cant get a sense of the material but it looks more like hard plastic and will therefore scratch.

I like the desmay type cases whose material will not show scratches.

You can but good knock-offs on ebay.

Here is a linky:

Click me

DrSMC

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2011
Cant get a sense of the material but it looks more like hard plastic and will therefore scratch.

Here is a linky:

Click me

NO this case is not hard plastic... it is TPU (soft but tough) .. this is very good design.. just ordered a clear one for my 4S

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town

Here is a linky:

Click me

Thanks for posting this. Just put in an order.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Just received a clear case (for my black 4S) and a pink one (gift for my sister's white 4S) and I'm super impressed with the quality and the fit of this case!

Liked it so much that I ordered a second clear one (backup)!

Definitely better looking than those stupid metal bumpers/cases that make the iPhone look like a Transformer-reject. This is definitely the case to have IMO.

Power Ranger

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2011
Wow this case looks like a great case! Does the front have any kind of protruding "lip" for lay-on-the-table screen protection? If it does I'm gonna get one myself as well. :cool:

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Just received a clear case (for my black 4S) and a pink one (gift for my sister's white 4S) and I'm super impressed with the quality and the fit of this case!

Liked it so much that I ordered a second clear one (backup)!

Definitely better looking than those stupid metal bumpers/cases that make the iPhone look like a Transformer-reject. This is definitely the case to have IMO.

Post some pics. Would like to know how the clear looks on a black iPhone.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Pic of clear case on my black 4S, per request.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    402.9 KB · Views: 204
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 197
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 164

wymi

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2012
These look like nice cases! For those of you that have this case the consensus is that the buttons have good tactile feel? My big issue with TPU cases is how stiff the buttons are.

JRWill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
These look like nice cases! For those of you that have this case the consensus is that the buttons have good tactile feel? My big issue with TPU cases is how stiff the buttons are.

No the buttons provide a natural touch.. very precise

RoyWill

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Just want to order another one for my colleague.. .and they are running a promotion @ only $12.99 :mad: I paid $20 early this week... :mad::

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Does this case turn yellow for any of you? Anyway I could get this case shipped to Canada?

Last edited:

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Just want to order another one for my colleague.. .and they are running a promotion @ only $12.99 :mad: I paid $20 early this week... :mad::

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 3 more (1 clear, 1 smoke and 1 pink) and got a price adjustment for the previous 2 that I ordered. :D

Absolutely love these cases......and no yellowing thus far on the clear (few days of use).

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
3rd this notion.

Would like to see how it holds up.

Yeah well the op has very few post and they are all boasting this same company so I'd say it's obviously marketing but does anyone besides these well trained thespians have first hand experience with the product?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Yeah well the op has very few post and they are all boasting this same company so I'd say it's obviously marketing but does anyone besides these well trained thespians have first hand experience with the product?

Yeah, it's a $3.99 case worth about $2.50. Fit is loose around dock connector and near volume button edge. Rubber feels really cheap. Had it on for 1 day, could not stand the feel.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Yeah, it's a $3.99 case worth about $2.50. Fit is loose around dock connector and near volume button edge. Rubber feels really cheap. Had it on for 1 day, could not stand the feel.

Either you got a defective case or you're talking about some other case because EVERYTHING you described is completely not accurate.

For starters, the rubber material of the case is high quality and the case fits the iPhone 4s PERFECTLY, including the dock connector, the 2 bottom speaker cuts-outs, the top power button and the volume buttons on the side.

The case is very snug and far from being "cheap." You're entitled to your opinion but my experience using the Zum Gelee case is apparently vastly different from yours.

RoyWill

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Boston, MA

Can you post a picture to show how does the case look like? Mine is perfect for me.. picture tells everything;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.