Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Kartik_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Visakhapatnam
Hello,

I ran into this problem roughly 2 weeks ago. The problem is camera app crashes when I try to take a photo. After this all the apps in the memory reload when I try to multitask. The camera app once crashed makes the device unusable for 1-2 seconds and then takes me back to the hone screen. A simple restart is fixing the issue. This is happening almost every time I try to take a picture. I’m currently on iOS 14.5.1 is this a hardware related problem?

Thanks.

_Kartik_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Visakhapatnam
Yes Instagram, WhatsApp, FaceTime etc did not give me trouble. Only the camera app is behaving this way. Sounds like a memory issue (software or hardware I don’t know) to me cuz when I use the camera and take photos the RAM is not holding most of the apps. I still have to update to 14.6 but I’m trying to isolate hardware problems. I heard 14.6 is giving more trouble in performance and battery departments. That stopped me from updating an already performing device.

_Kartik_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Visakhapatnam
Restore your phone, if the problem is still happening get your phone replaced.
Yes I’m looking at options before contacting apple. I have apple care on this device. I will update to 14.6 by doing a DFU restore. If this doesn’t fix the problem then I will have a robust answer about why apple should replace my device.

Reactions: LFC2020

_Kartik_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Visakhapatnam
Update: updated to iOS 14.6 and the problem is not there for now. It’s like a restart as of now. Will update if anything is wrong.

Reactions: Samdh90

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
I have similar bug on my iPhone XS (iOS 14.6)
No idea how to reproduce this bug, maybe it's after having a call in Whatsapp. Bug I had it more than once...

When it happen, the Camera app begin to work fine then is really slow, freeze and crash when I take the photo...After that, my iPhone is really slow for few seconds and I can hardly restart the Camera app. I have to use multitask in order to kill it and be apple to start it again. But it failed too with same bug. Even the iPhone begin to be hot...

The only way in order to fix that is to turn off the iPhone (the menu displayed is a little bugged too). After I turn it on again, the Wallpaper isn't the same... It's like I have done a zoom on it.

I hope it's only a software bug and will be fixed fix next iOS version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.