Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hrh2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
After searching for the answer to this question, I found on Apple discussion a post saying that the iPhone 6+/S can’t take Live Photos but mine can?? So i’m hoping that someone might be able to tell me if there is some way of taking Live Photos on my First Generation 12.9 inch iPad Pro - A1584. When I go into the camera there is no button/icon that looks like the Live Photos button on the iPhone or other pictures i’ve seen online showing how to use the iPad Pro’s camera. The 12mp camera on the iPad Pro must be better than the 8mp camera on my iPhone 6+? I’m want to use the iPad Pro to take photos of 100’s of archival documents so thought the bigger screen would make it easier to take better photos than using my iPhone. Live Photos has been a life saver when going back over the photos in Edit, allowing me to find a much clearer image.

Is there a third party app I could use?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

flaubert

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Actually, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus were the first iPhones to support Live Photos, so no surprises there; see:

https://www.imore.com/live-photos

That same article claims that iPad Pro models should support Live Photos; I wonder if your iOS version needs to be up-to-date for that to be true? So you don't see a Live Photo setting button in the list of other controls (HDR, self-timer, front/back camera control) in the camera app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.