Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henry V

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2020
I have just got a new iPhone 15 pro.
I have an iPhone 8 and am trying to transfer info to my new phone.
I am with Vodafone.
All apps and other bits of info have been transferred, but I cannot transfer
My telephone number or e-mail.
There is an option to transfer from a nearby phone but nothing happens.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Henry.

ps I got a cover from apple with the phone but it does not protect the screen??
What am I missing.
I would like a case for the phone where you can charge it without taken out the phone.
I have a magnetic disc that attaches to the back of the phone.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Vodafone in what country? Do you plan to use eSIM or physical SIM on the 15 Pro?

Transfer is discussed in this article. What message are you receiving after trying to transfer the SIM?

Email should transfer via Quick Start though you will need the password for the mail. It's pretty simple to just remove & re-add too.

As far as I'm aware, Apple cases have never protected the screen. But I don't have personal experience; I go caseless.

Henry V

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2020
Vodafone in what country? Do you plan to use eSIM or physical SIM on the 15 Pro?

Transfer is discussed in this article. What message are you receiving after trying to transfer the SIM?

Email should transfer via Quick Start though you will need the password for the mail. It's pretty simple to just remove & re-add too.

As far as I'm aware, Apple cases have never protected the screen. But I don't have personal experience; I go caseless.
Vodafone - UK
I was thinking of transferring physical sim to eSim.

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
to transfer physical sim to esim you need to request a sim swap, I think you can do it in the vodafone app if you are pay monthly, PAYG isn't supported on esim (Pay as you go plus excepted). I have an esim and TBH the physical sim is a lot more convinient.

The transfer from nearby phone opnly works on intial setup

Henry V

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2020
All done, my friends!!
Thank you so much for your assistance.😍

Henry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.