PDA

View Full Version : Old .Mac account?

Soundburst
Jun 18, 2011, 05:58 PM
I took out a .Mac account trial way back when. . .and ever since have used this for my apple login and iTunes id. (even though I can't log into the actual email).

Will my iTunes account @mac.com become my me.com address?

I'm not sure how i'll transition. :S

Anyone else in the same boat (having an expired .mac account as your iTunes account and future iCloud account?)

Will I lose my login name and all my iTunes credits or does it automatically give me a @me.com address for my iTunes log in account.?

Thanks for any help.

Bear
Jun 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
Those who have active accounts and had @mac.com email addresses when MobileMe went live are able able to get their email as both @mac.com and @me.com

I suspect that not only will you be able to use your ID as @me.com for mail, you may still be able to use it for @mac.com when iCloud email goes live. However, this is only a guess and you will need to wait for more information and possibly the iCLoud stuff going live to regular customers to find out.

maflynn
Jun 19, 2011, 07:54 AM
If you searched, you'll see that this question and its variants has been asked quite a lot lately. Ultimately we really don't know how this is going to flesh out.

iCloud is only beta after all, we have not seen any business process rules being applied. I suspect its possible to re-use the .mac address instead of .me we really don't know.