Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I took out a .Mac account trial way back when. . .and ever since have used this for my apple login and iTunes id. (even though I can't log into the actual email).

Will my iTunes account @mac.com become my me.com address?

I'm not sure how i'll transition. :S

Anyone else in the same boat (having an expired .mac account as your iTunes account and future iCloud account?)

Will I lose my login name and all my iTunes credits or does it automatically give me a @me.com address for my iTunes log in account.?

Thanks for any help.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Those who have active accounts and had @mac.com email addresses when MobileMe went live are able able to get their email as both @mac.com and @me.com

I suspect that not only will you be able to use your ID as @me.com for mail, you may still be able to use it for @mac.com when iCloud email goes live. However, this is only a guess and you will need to wait for more information and possibly the iCLoud stuff going live to regular customers to find out.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you searched, you'll see that this question and its variants has been asked quite a lot lately. Ultimately we really don't know how this is going to flesh out.

iCloud is only beta after all, we have not seen any business process rules being applied. I suspect its possible to re-use the .mac address instead of .me we really don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.