Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
It would appear Samsung doesn't even try to hide it anymore. (via AllThingsD)

Samsung_shop.png

kdarling

macrumors P6
That implies clueless managers. ;)

Don't get me started on managers :)

---

In this case, it's the story of a Korean company opening a tiny store-in-a-store in Italy.

That's almost tailor made to present loads of opportunities for misunderstandings when explaining that they want lots of app icons on the walls.

I love it. I could almost see a bad Saturday Night Live skit coming out of this.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Seriously? Like Samsung needs another reason for Apple legal to be all over their asses. What's next? Samsung is gonna start calling their Galaxy line the iGalaxy line of phones?

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
Seriously? Like Samsung needs another reason for Apple legal to be all over their asses. What's next? Samsung is gonna start calling their Galaxy line the iGalaxy line of phones?

They are not even making an effort to coverup now. I was really looking forward to the Nexus Prime but after all this fiasco, I'm not so sure.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Don't get me started on managers :)

---

In this case, it's the story of a Korean company opening a tiny store-in-a-store in Italy.

That's almost tailor made to present loads of opportunities for misunderstandings when explaining that they want lots of app icons on the walls.

I love it. I could almost see a bad Saturday Night Live skit coming out of this.

Thats not just "A Korean company"

It's Samsung itself.

Continue the important initiatives by Samsung. After you have created important spaces within stores and electronics chains, the producer is ready to make a new leap forward by creating a real "shop in shop". Samsung Mobile has chosen the point of sale of the Euronics brand new shopping mall "Centro Sicilia" in Catania to open his shop sponsored dedicated to the world of smartphones and Tablet where customers can try out all the news of the Korean home.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
It's a tiny stall in a shop in Italy, it's not like they've put them up on their website. It probably comes down to hiring a decorator that doesn't know any better.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Is this really surprising?

Look at how they operate:

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/13394128/

What they've done in this case they probably consider perfectly normal. That's the scary part. It certainly seems they consider a lot of shady and dubious activity perfectly normal. It appears this is the way they have always operated. It seems to be ingrained in their corporate culture.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
It's not hard to imagine one at all. It's called:

"Hiring clueless decorators."

that is my guess and of those icons 3 of them pointed out are the exact same one. The decorator screwed up on multiple accounts.

The fact that people are thinking Samsung did this on purpose is the bigger laugh and speaks to an entire new level of bland bashing. Apple RDF really has messed with you all's brains.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It's not hard to imagine one at all. It's called:

"Hiring clueless decorators."

I'll agree to this giving Samsung the benefit of the doubt. Still, one thing bothers me, if the management knows the legal battle going on between their employer and Apple, why allow to post a well known Trademarked icon? Why not say, "hey you know what? This icon is not ours, we may get a notice."

phamduc.minhanh

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Greetings,

This reminds me of the story about Nokia's CEO insisting that all of his employees should use Apple iPhones. It is not the same story, but I am just saying.

Cheerio,

Pham Duc Minh Anh

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
It's a tiny stall in a shop in Italy, it's not like they've put them up on their website. It probably comes down to hiring a decorator that doesn't know any better.

pesky truth is right there.
The fact that some people seem to think Samsung did this on purpose speaks volumes to how brain washed Apple's RDF has made them.

Last edited by a moderator:

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Rodimus Prime said:
boss.king said:

pesky truth is right there.
The fact that some people seem to think Samsung did this on purpose speaks volumes to how brain washed Apple's RDF has made them.

At this point, put nothing past Samsung. They are capable of anything.

In any case, the news is spreading. AppleInsider's got a hold of the story already. Just more evidence that casts negative aspersions on Samsung.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

In any case, the news is spreading. AppleInsider's got a hold of the story already. Just more evidence that casts negative aspersions on Samsung.

Apple fan site is worth nothing in your argument.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada

Rodimus Prime said:

Apple fan site is worth nothing in your argument.

It's been picked up by CNet and others. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme. It's just more unwanted attention for Samsung in an increasingly uncomfortable situation they're in.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006

It's been picked up by CNet and others. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme. It's just more unwanted attention for Samsung in an increasingly uncomfortable situation they're in.

Still stands anyone who thinks Samsung did this on purpose is truly brainwashed by Apple RDF field and clearly can not think for themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.