PDA

View Full Version : Y Does it Take 500 posts to Get an Avatar ???

Eager Beaver
Dec 26, 2011, 09:15 PM
That is an excessive amount of posts just for an avatar, C'Mon Man !!! :mad:

Schtumple
Dec 26, 2011, 09:17 PM
Keeps out the people who aren't worth it ;)

simsaladimbamba
Dec 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
17 days to go for you.

Anyway, it's a good way to have a reward for those sticking around and contributing to this board.

They could be bigger though, but that is what the Demi/Contributor status is there for.

RKO
Dec 26, 2011, 09:21 PM

Y complain now as you are just about there @422 posts? :rolleyes:

fun173
Dec 26, 2011, 10:13 PM
stop being such an eager beaver :D

Yumunum
Dec 26, 2011, 10:15 PM
It's a valid question. Not a huge deal, but it's interesting.

RKO
Dec 26, 2011, 10:30 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1229987&highlight=macrumors+avatar

BugBytes
Dec 26, 2011, 11:10 PM
I think its because it keeps out most of those who would make an inappropriate avatar. Or at least that's one of the reasons I think they do it.

Eager Beaver
Dec 26, 2011, 11:16 PM
I think its because it keeps out most of those who would make an inappropriate avatar. Or at least that's one of the reasons I think they do it.

I think after 100 posts, they could rest assured it's not a spam account trying to promote something, or post inappropriete avatars -

100 posts is some serious dedication to any website, and I find 500 incredibly excessive !!!

It's a flippin avatar, some guys would rather just pay MR $20 bucks than be forced to post 500 times just for an avatar -

@RKO, you are still 2 years away from qualifying for an avatar, so butt out pal!

This "rule" needs to be re-evaluated IMO, and that's the reason for this thread -

Duff-Man
Dec 26, 2011, 11:43 PM
Duff-Man says..is reading the FAQ or searching the forum *really* that difficult? Been there, done that. I still say that stuff that this should double the eligibility....oh yeah!

zigzagg321
Dec 26, 2011, 11:45 PM
Rules are rules...Also, if 100 keeps out spam or what have you, then 500 will really keep out spam accounts. I'm ok with that.

TheGenerous
Dec 27, 2011, 12:54 AM
in your signature you could put a link to see your avatar :cool:

Darth.Titan
Dec 27, 2011, 01:23 AM
500 posts for an avatar. That's the rule, and no amount of complaining is going to change it. It's a silly thing to get worked up over at any rate.

Like it or lump it.

hexonxonx
Dec 27, 2011, 06:18 AM
I never thought it was that big of a deal. I still don't have one after all these years.

Shrink
Dec 27, 2011, 06:54 AM
All those folks above gave you reasons for 500 posts.

But here is the truth - all of us who have avatars got them for only 10 posts. I hate to say it, but the Mods are making you have 500 posts because they don't like you.

Sorry, I know the truth hurts - but I thought somebody should tell you the hard facts. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Hang in, you'll get there. It felt, for me, like a fun landmark.:D

Angelo95210
Dec 27, 2011, 07:02 AM
It's not a big deal. And I find you a bit rude to ask for one like that, you accepted the rules when you signed up.

500 is for the regular users. This avatar picture is an easy way to recognize people we are used to discuss with. If everyone should have an avatar, this would no longer be the case.

Eager Beaver
Dec 27, 2011, 09:37 AM
Y complain now as you are just about there @422 posts? :rolleyes:

RKO is the perfect example -
he has been posting here for 3 solid years and is clearly not a spammer
But he only has 300 posts, so depriving him of an avatar in fear he might be a spammer is totally excessive.

@Angelo95210 "It's not a big deal. And I find you a bit rude to ask for one like that"

ru serious dude?
you find me rude for asking this question in the "site and forum feedback"
according to u, this forum should NOT be used, and any question posted is being rude?
Nice job Angelo, do you know what the word "feedback" means? :o

EvanLugh
Dec 27, 2011, 09:51 AM
"depriving someone of an avatar".
We need a 'first world problems' forum..

rdowns
Dec 27, 2011, 10:10 AM
I agree, 500 posts is too many to have to wait. There are tons of members who have been here for years and have no avatar. Avatars make reading the forums and identifying members much easier, IMO.

Edit: Except for the ***** who change their avatars every other day. :D

simsaladimbamba
Dec 27, 2011, 10:17 AM
Maybe there should be similar rules like the Marketplace rules applied to the avatar, like 500 posts or one year of membership, whichever comes first, though there should be a minimum of 100 posts after one year membership to get an avatar. Or something like that.

Weaselboy
Dec 27, 2011, 10:27 AM

This does seem to be a theme in the feedback forum. You asked a legit question and got a stream of smart remarks, but still no answer why it could not be 100 as opposed to 500 posts.

Admittedly not a life altering issue, but a legit question none the less.

Tilpots
Dec 27, 2011, 10:39 AM
If they change it to 100, why not 75, or even 50? :rolleyes:

MR has gotten along well enough with the established avatar limit. If anything, the mods should make it a moving target for whiny posters. :D

dukebound85
Dec 27, 2011, 10:46 AM
I think it's fine as is personally. There are only a few dozen who post enough that I recognize avatars.beyond that, they kind of clunk up the forum

----------

Agree

Lol I bet seeing you are just over 100:p

ericrwalker
Dec 27, 2011, 10:47 AM
I have no problem with having members earning their avatars.......Anymore.:D

rocknblogger
Dec 27, 2011, 10:52 AM
I'm almost there so it doesn't matter too much for me and I've seen rules similar in other forums but usually the number of posts was 100 or less.

Honestly I think once you reach 200 or 300 it's pretty obvious you're here to stay but hey, it is what it is.

MacDawg
Dec 27, 2011, 10:55 AM
As stated several times in this thread, the question has been asked multiple times, and has been addressed by the site

Contrary to what has been stated, eliminating spammers is not the primary consideration
By checking the numerous other threads on this subject you will find a number of other reasons involved

Yes, it could be reduced to 100, but that number is just as arbitrary as 500
As mentioned by other posters, why not 50 or 75, or 250 for that matter

The decision was made to reward community involvement and participation with an avatar
Yes, the post count is somewhat high, and is therefore more meaningful

Other decisions were also made
Such as not allowing graphics in signatures
Along with several other items you might typically find in other forums
All of these decisions have been questioned at one time or another
They have been evaluated, discussed and sometimes modified

Rest assured, the request to lower the post count for avatars has been made before
And will continue to be made
And each time it will be reviewed

However, I for one am not in favor of a change to the requirement

SandboxGeneral
Dec 27, 2011, 11:04 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

As stated several times in this thread, the question has been asked multiple times, and has been addressed by the site

Contrary to what has been stated, eliminating spammers is not the primary consideration
By checking the numerous other threads on this subject you will find a number of other reasons involved

Yes, it could be reduced to 100, but that number is just as arbitrary as 500
As mentioned by other posters, why not 50 or 75, or 250 for that matter

The decision was made to reward community involvement and participation with an avatar

Other decisions were also made
Such as not allowing graphics in signatures
Along with several other items you might typically find in other forums
All of these decisions have been questioned at one time or another
They have been evaluated, discussed and sometimes modified

Rest assured, the request to lower the post count for avatars has been made before
And will continue to be made
And each time it will be reviewed

However, I for one am not in favor of a change to the requirement

I agree. If a person is really interested in this forum, they'll participate frequently and will achieve 500 posts very quickly.

TheGenerous
Dec 27, 2011, 11:17 AM
You could write 10 responses a day to any thread here for two months and get an avatar I think.

People put their photos up, or in the setups thread, you could either post yours or simply say something

einmusiker
Dec 27, 2011, 11:24 AM
I have no problem with having members earning their avatars.......Anymore.:D

my thoughts exactly :D:D

GGJstudios
Dec 27, 2011, 12:24 PM
You could write 10 responses a day to any thread here for two months and get an avatar I think.
Or answer a lot of questions and get one in 10 days! :)

Honestly, it's not worth worrying about. Unless you only sporadically post here, you'll have an avatar for a lot longer than you didn't have one. It happens when it happens. Just focus on participating in the forum and don't worry about such ridiculously trivial things.

Firestar
Dec 27, 2011, 12:27 PM
Y Does it Take 500 posts to Get an Avatar ???
To make people like you u ask questions.

BugBytes
Dec 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
I think after 100 posts, they could rest assured it's not a spam account trying to promote something, or post inappropriete avatars -

100 posts is some serious dedication to any website, and I find 500 incredibly excessive !!!

It's a flippin avatar, some guys would rather just pay MR $20 bucks than be forced to post 500 times just for an avatar -

@RKO, you are still 2 years away from qualifying for an avatar, so butt out pal!

This "rule" needs to be re-evaluated IMO, and that's the reason for this thread -

But if you care that much about getting an avatar and it's that important, maybe you need to refocus your priorities.

It's not like some outrageous rules I've seen before on other forums.

lovish
Dec 27, 2011, 01:24 PM
Nice rule... I guess I would have 10-20 by now :P

Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore

If one posts 10 posts daily then its just a matter of 50 days.. no big deal... that way one would become permanent native of MR too....

Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore

Eager Beaver
Dec 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
But if you care that much about getting an avatar and it's that important, maybe you need to refocus your priorities.

It's not like some outrageous rules I've seen before on other forums.

I don't understand your advice, refocus my priorities?
I never asked to compare it to other "outrageous" rules on other sites?

Just wanted a direct answer from the staff to my question, not sure why I can't get one.
I ask why the number needs to be 500, and I get ..... it's been asked before, go search. :(

Alaerian
Dec 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
You received your answer right here. Stop throwing a tantrum over something so insignificant.

verwon
Dec 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I agree. If a person is really interested in this forum, they'll participate frequently and will achieve 500 posts very quickly.

I did it. Started using the site in July, when I bought my iPad 2 and wanted to learn about it, before it arrived.

MacDawg
Dec 27, 2011, 01:36 PM
I don't understand your advice, refocus my priorities?
I never asked to compare it to other "outrageous" rules on other sites?

Just wanted a direct answer from the staff to my question, not sure why I can't get one.
I ask why the number needs to be 500, and I get ..... it's been asked before, go search. :(

I answered you directly, but there is more than one answer
And not only has it been asked before, it has been answered before

It is a perk/reward for community participation and involvement
It doesn't NEED to be 500
It was set at 500 by the site owner and the admins
There are other reasons as well, and you can find them reading through the other threads

soco
Dec 27, 2011, 02:00 PM
I agree, 500 posts is too many to have to wait. There are tons of members who have been here for years and have no avatar. Avatars make reading the forums and identifying members much easier, IMO.

Hey... :D

Or answer a lot of questions and get one in 10 days! :)

Honestly, it's not worth worrying about. Unless you only sporadically post here, you'll have an avatar for a lot longer than you didn't have one. It happens when it happens. Just focus on participating in the forum and don't worry about such ridiculously trivial things.

This is what I did. I went ape answering people's questions and trying to help out with whatever was going on for a couple weeks. I stuck to speaking on topics I knew about or could research for others and otherwise participated in a lot of fun threads and long-winded discussions.

Now I just sit around and whine all day.

Much more fun.

GGJstudios
Dec 27, 2011, 02:12 PM
I went ape answering people's questions and trying to help out with whatever was going on for a couple weeks. I stuck to speaking on topics I knew about or could research for others and otherwise participated in a lot of fun threads and long-winded discussions.
This is an ideal appoach! Not only do you get what you want (an avatar), but you do so by giving others what they need (answers to their questions). No matter how little you may feel you know, there is always someone who can benefit from your input, even if it's just your opinion. There are thousands of threads on "should I buy this or that?" or "what x do you prefer?" which don't require advance technical knowledge; only your opinion. It's easy to participate in a helpful way, without spamming or making useless posts. Everyone wins when you participate in this way.

steve2112
Dec 27, 2011, 02:38 PM
So what you are asking is:

Y U NO HAVE AVATAR?

Doctor Q
Dec 27, 2011, 02:56 PM
500 is an arbitrary cutoff. As far as I know the number has never changed in the history of the site. But in one sense the avatar requirement has been lowered over time, simply because the opportunities for participation in discussions are much more numerous than in the past.

There were about 1520 new forum threads in the month that I joined MacRumors in 2002. In comparison, last month there were about 17300 new forum threads, i.e., over 10 times as many discussions going on at any given time. It's much easier for almost anyone to find conversations of interest. The 500-post requirement used to represent years of participation for most forum members, and now it sometimes represents only months of participation. Avatars identify the most active users, who once numbered in the dozens, and then in the hundreds. Now thousands of users have avatars and people earn them faster than before.

Meanwhile, all users can give themselves a profile picture (http://forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=editprofilepic) that will appear on their user page.

LostSoul80
Dec 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
Do you really care about an avatar on a forum? :eek:

rocknblogger
Dec 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
Can't wait to start pissing you off :D

Eager Beaver
Dec 27, 2011, 04:20 PM
You received your answer right here. Stop throwing a tantrum over something so insignificant.

It's a simple question, and you say stop throwing a tantrum?
You didn't get a hug today did you?

----------

Hey... :D

This is what I did. I went ape answering people's questions and trying to help out with whatever was going on for a couple weeks. I stuck to speaking on topics I knew about or could research for others and otherwise participated in a lot of fun threads and long-winded discussions.

Now I just sit around and whine all day.

Much more fun.

Best answer of the thread right here !!! ^^^ :)

SandboxGeneral
Dec 27, 2011, 04:25 PM
It's a simple question, and you say stop throwing a tantrum?
You didn't get a hug today did you?

----------

Best answer of the thread right here !!! ^^^ :)

Not to discredit Mr. Pink's comments, but MacDawg's answers in posts 28 & 41 weren't good enough for you? You wanted an answer from someone on staff, and he is on staff and provided you an answer.

Alaerian
Dec 27, 2011, 04:27 PM
Yes, a tantrum. See below.

There are literally thousands of active discussions on these boards. Find the ones that you can contribute to and do so.

ru serious dude?
you find me rude for asking this question in the "site and forum feedback"
according to u, this forum should NOT be used, and any question posted is being rude?

Eager Beaver
Dec 27, 2011, 06:02 PM
Not to discredit Mr. Pink's comments, but MacDawg's answers in posts 28 & 41 weren't good enough for you? You wanted an answer from someone on staff, and he is on staff and provided you an answer.

Did I say they weren't good enough for me?
I like your avatar, but I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth.
So it's up to you to tell me which are my favorite posts, really?

SandboxGeneral
Dec 27, 2011, 06:17 PM

Gee, I'm really sorry to have offended you. I prostrate myself before you and beg your forgiveness.

I wasn't trying to "put words in your mouth", but simply asked a legitimate question based on several comments you had earlier made.

apunkrockmonk
Dec 27, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'm mostly a lurker. Been here for years and I still haven't earned mine.

Edit: upon closer inspection I have recently passed the threshold. Score.

GGJstudios
Dec 27, 2011, 06:40 PM
I'm mostly a lurker. Been here for years and I still haven't earned mine.

At least I'm a little closer now.
You've already earned it, 18 posts ago, on Dec. 15th. Just add one.

rocknblogger
Dec 27, 2011, 07:36 PM

Dude you need to chill out a bit. I've seen some of your other threads and you can be a bit rude sometimes. You seem to fly off the handle when someone is being critical of what you say or are trying to point out something you may have misunderstood or might be wrong about.

It's okay to be wrong. It's part of learning so maybe re-read some of the replies directed at you before you start pounding that poor keyboard :D

saving107
Dec 27, 2011, 08:25 PM
Dude you need to chill out a bit. I've seen some of your other threads and you can be a bit rude sometimes. You seem to fly off the handle when someone is being critical of what you say or are trying to point out something you may have misunderstood or might be wrong about.

So I'm not the only one who's noticed.

I took me 2 1/2 years to earn my avatar, and when I did I felt like I earned it because I had contributed enough to the forum, OP, you've only been here 3 months.

ericrwalker
Dec 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
So I'm not the only one who's noticed.

I took me 2 1/2 years to earn my avatar, and when I did I felt like I earned it because I had contributed enough to the forum, OP, you've only been here 3 months.

Nope, you're not the only one who's noticed it.

s15119
Dec 28, 2011, 03:28 PM

I think it's a good question. In my opinion this policy encourages useless and meaningless posts. Focus should be on quality and not quantity.

Frankly the board has become more useless as the years have gone by.

GGJstudios
Dec 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
I think it's a good question. In my opinion this policy encourages useless and meaningless posts. Focus should be on quality and not quantity.
Useless and meaningless posts should be reported, as they violate forum rules:
Useless and one-word posts. Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool" or LOL) or a smilie, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed, so don't post them.

lewis82
Dec 28, 2011, 04:18 PM
I'm a bit off-topic, mods might want to move this, but why are avatars in GIF format? I tought they were in JPEG before...

My previous avatar had become all pixelated after the change...

simsaladimbamba
Dec 28, 2011, 04:22 PM
I'm a bit off-topic, mods might want to move this, but why are avatars in GIF format? I tought they were in JPEG before...

My previous avatar had become all pixelated after the change...

Why do you think that? My avatar is in PNG format to have transparency and it still is, though .GIFs can have transparency too.

lewis82
Dec 28, 2011, 06:04 PM
Why do you think that? My avatar is in PNG format to have transparency and it still is, though .GIFs can have transparency too.

http://cdn.macrumors.com/avatarcache/354496.gif

That's why ;) I know it's a pure first-world problem, but I'm just wondering why.

EDIT: I submitted it as a .png, in case you were wondering.

simsaladimbamba
Dec 28, 2011, 06:08 PM
http://cdn.macrumors.com/avatarcache/354496.gif

That's why ;) I know it's a pure first-world problem, but I'm just wondering why.

EDIT: I submitted it as a .png, in case you were wondering.

Ah, I see. Those bastards. Now I understand why my 500 x 500 pixel avatar looks soooo small.

Anyway, your current avatar seems fine, from a visual standpoint of view, as the say in Canadia.

srf4real
Dec 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
I earned my way to an avatar by participating in discussions and contributing to multiple threads. I also posted my own unique (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41) threads after doing searches on topic and finding no clear answers or related threads within recent history.

Some folks just create their own version of a redundant topic and blow it up with silly posts. We know who you are, and your post requirements for avatar status has been raised to 5,000. Also, wastelanded posts do not count toward your quota.;)

X5-452
Dec 28, 2011, 10:56 PM
I've been on this site for almost 6 years, and lurked it for ~3 years prior to that. I still don't have an avatar and I'm OK with that....

It's only a picture. You shouldn't establish your self worth based on an internet avatar.

Comeagain?
Dec 29, 2011, 02:01 AM
I've been on this site for almost 6 years, and lurked it for ~3 years prior to that. I still don't have an avatar and I'm OK with that....

It's only a picture. You shouldn't establish your self worth based on an internet avatar.

No, but you can use an avatar to establish who you are in a way that's easier to see then a username. MacNut, GGJStudios, Intell, and Firestar are all very easy to recognize just by their avatar.

roadbloc
Dec 29, 2011, 04:38 AM

Separates the men from the boys. Get posting constructive things, and we'll see. :p

BreakGuy
Dec 29, 2011, 04:49 AM
I don't think 500 posts is all that too many really. It certainly is not hard by any means to reach that mark. 10 to 15 posts a day and you'll have an avatar in a little over a month.

I simply see it as something to look forward to. Knowing you've contributed to the community so much as to deserve easier recognition of who you are on the forums by way of an avatar.

eawmp1
Dec 29, 2011, 05:27 AM
Y ask Y?

Why is a touchdown worth 6 points? Why not 1, 3, 5, 12? These are are the rules established by the administrators of this forum. And after 1 1/2 pages of replies, some sarcastic and some earnest, I don't think you are going to find an answer that satisfies you, OP.

More importantly, why do I have over 3000 posts and have not selected an avatar?

simsaladimbamba
Dec 29, 2011, 05:32 AM
More importantly, why do I have over 3000 posts and have not selected an avatar?

Because you don't need one, you get recognised by your username just fine.

Though your dozens of "What avatar to get?" threads seem to proof, that you still have vanity. ;)

Wow, I accidentally hit the "+1" button for my post and wanted to take it back. I could do this before, but now I just get a "-1" and not a "0". What the **** is going on? And why are there no capital asterisks when the censored word is capitalised?

iStudentUK
Dec 29, 2011, 05:37 AM
I like the requirement being high, it means there are less avatars to 'learn' to recognise.

eawmp1
Dec 29, 2011, 07:41 AM
Because you don't need one, you get recognised by your username just fine.

Though your dozens of "What avatar to get?" threads seem to proof, that you still have vanity. ;)

Wow, I accidentally hit the "+1" button for my post and wanted to take it back. I could do this before, but now I just get a "-1" and not a "0". What the **** is going on? And why are there no capital asterisks when the censored word is capitalised?

1) That I've not chosen an avatar indicates the lack of importance of an avatar in my life.
2) The one thread I started in the privates was for fun, not vanity.
3) I'll downvote myself to provide voter nullification. You're welcome.

Why do I seem to bother you so?

iStudentUK
Dec 29, 2011, 07:50 AM
The one thread I started in the privates was for fun, not vanity

Lol... privates :D

simsaladimbamba
Dec 29, 2011, 07:56 AM
1) That I've not chosen an avatar indicates the lack of importance of an avatar in my life.
2) The one thread I started in the privates was for fun, not vanity.
3) I'll downvote myself to provide voter nullification. You're welcome.

Why do I seem to bother you so?

Sorry, my reply to your post was meant sarcastically. I didn't even know, you started a thread about avatars, especially if it was a private forum I can't access.

And the voting comment was not directed at you, just some observation I accidentally had.

Anyway, while avatars are nice, and I tried many, one even got confused for showing violence against women, while it was just some frames from Amelie, for which the movie is R-rated in the good new USA, I can remember user names too, and I remember yours quite easily.

I still have to find a way to properly show sarcasm I guess. Maybe that violet font should be used, as someone suggested once.

maril1111
Dec 29, 2011, 07:56 AM
I like the requirement being high, it means there are less avatars to 'learn' to recognise.

I fully agree although i think market-place should be increased to 500 posts as well, that way it would be mostly universal rules for everything.

Hellhammer
Dec 29, 2011, 08:02 AM
I fully agree although i think market-place should be increased to 500 posts as well, that way it would be mostly universal rules for everything.

But Marketplace requires membership length of at least 180 days. Avatars don't have such limitations. In MP, the limitations are more important to avoid scamming but the avatar limitation just exists. I think it's something you need to achieve but it's not because having an avatar could be dangerous for others, like in MP.

srf4real
Dec 29, 2011, 08:48 AM
I like having a 'tar because that way when i'm returning to a thread that I've already posted in before, I can quickly scroll to exactly where I left off (when I last posted). I like 30 posts per page, and it saves a lot of time on browsing.

As for EagerBeaver, you are obviously not a patient person and we didn't need this thread created to demonstrate it. You have already made a name for yourself and I for one will surely never forget your participations at the phone hack section.

Therefore it has been determined by management that you shall not achieve Avatar Status, ever. :p

rdowns
Dec 29, 2011, 08:52 AM
I like having a 'tar because that way when i'm returning to a thread that I've already posted in before, I can quickly scroll to exactly where I left off (when I last posted). I like 30 posts per page, and it saves a lot of time on browsing.

Scroll to where you were? Just click the little blue box next to the thread title.

chrf097
Dec 29, 2011, 09:08 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/161x0f7.png

..Guess I'll get there pretty soon.

srf4real
Dec 29, 2011, 09:11 AM
Scroll to where you were? Just click the little blue box next to the thread title.

I must admit I didn't know that yet.. only been here a little while cut me some slack.

But what about when I'm lurking from my work computer and haven't logged in?

It's just a silly picture of me taking a picture. Not all of us have sexy friends dropping their panties on film so we can have a cool 'tar.:cool:;)

iStudentUK
Dec 29, 2011, 09:27 AM

Mind = Blown :eek:

MrMoore
Dec 29, 2011, 12:19 PM
Been here for five years now[1 B.iP] ;) and I am about 150 posts away. Be nice to have but not that big of a deal.

I'm more stealth. I like coming in and watching the craziness.

/|\
/ \

There's my avatar.

Firestar
Dec 29, 2011, 12:31 PM
Amazing.

I guess when you're here for 8 years you learn a few things about the site.

I think I should just start clicking random buttons to see what other amazing things I can do to save time...

pwhitehead
Dec 29, 2011, 12:45 PM

because pigs fly bro! you should of read the agreement b4 you hit i accept and the forum rules b4 you started posting. Bet you felt like **** that you have to now troll 500 posts just to get an avatar. lol!

srf4real
Dec 29, 2011, 01:36 PM
because pigs fly bro! you should of read the agreement b4 you hit i accept and the forum rules b4 you started posting. Bet you felt like **** that you have to now troll 500 posts just to get an avatar. lol!

Well he did it.. let's see if he even comes back here to celebrate or if EagerBeaver was just using us.

I feel dirty.:(

ericrwalker
Dec 29, 2011, 01:40 PM
http://memecreator.net/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/showimage.php/388/Well-aren't-you-an-Eager-Beaver.jpg

Eager Beaver
Dec 29, 2011, 11:24 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=462&pictureid=1400

edit - please stop harassing me Eric :(

The Californian
Dec 30, 2011, 01:47 AM
Eager Beaver, I think you make an outstanding, well articulated point here. A post requirement in no way ensures that someone won't come on here and spam - actually, if someone wanted to spam with an avatar that depicted their company logo or what not they could easily drop 500 quick spam posts and meet that requisite in no time. In fact just looking through this thread I see several people that have been here for a long time and while they consistently post good information, they can not have an avatar because they haven't met the 500 post requirement yet. Reading rdowns post:

makes me think that a more appropriate requirement would be maybe 100 posts with a membership time requirement, say - I dunno, 2 years? No one would wait that long just to spam.

fun173
Dec 30, 2011, 02:05 AM
Eager Beaver, That picture you posted made me lol a lot. Thank You and congrats on the avatar :)

GGJstudios
Dec 30, 2011, 02:15 AM
actually, if someone wanted to spam with an avatar that depicted their company logo or what not they could easily drop 500 quick spam posts and meet that requisite in no time.
Not true. They would be banned long before they got anywhere near even 50 posts.

The Californian
Dec 30, 2011, 02:31 AM
Not true. They would be banned long before they got anywhere near even 50 posts.

My post was dripping with sarcasm bro, I should have thrown in a /sarcasm.

GGJstudios
Dec 30, 2011, 02:32 AM
My post was dripping with sarcasm bro, I should have thrown in a /sarcasm.
It's kinda late here. My sarcasm detector is in sleep mode. :D

qwasedral
Dec 30, 2011, 02:51 AM
Y would you use "Y" instead of "Why"?

GGJstudios
Dec 30, 2011, 02:54 AM
Y would you use "Y" instead of "Why"?
To save the time, pain, misery, suffering, toil and mental anguish of typing Wh? :D

qwasedral
Dec 30, 2011, 02:56 AM
To save the time, pain, misery, suffering, toil and mental anguish of typing Wh? :D

Or you could, you know, use proper grammar. lol

ericrwalker
Dec 30, 2011, 05:34 AM
Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=462&pictureid=1400)

edit - please stop harassing me Eric :(

Actually that looka more like a shed than a ericrwalker. The one I posted is a common meme.

Hellhammer
Dec 30, 2011, 05:46 AM
The initial question in this thread has already been answered and most of the recent posts are off-topic. We think this thread has run its course and has hence been closed.