Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramuman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Hi guys, I'm running ML w/ Safari 5.2 8535.18.5. The OS has been stable so far, but a couple of issues with Safari are bugging me.

Occasionally, I'm unable to enter text on a website in a given tab. If I open a new tab with the same site, everything works.

Also, dragging a Safari web location into a Safari window opens up Finder instead of actually opening that link. Double clicking works fine.

I searched and couldn't find this on the forums. The text issue seems to be a WebKit issue from a couple of other places on the internet.

Last edited:

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Well this is just unacceptable. Someone needs to contact BBB about Mountain Lion needing to go back to Beta. How dare Apple release this without testing!?

:rolleyes:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Such faulty product behavior is completely and totally unacceptable. Demand you money back.

Doombringer

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2012
I didn't get a "complainy" vibe from the OP, just a mention of the glitch and his wondering if anyone else is seeing it in MLion.

The "Bugreport" reply was the most useful reply in this thread thus far. :/

ramuman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I didn't get a "complainy" vibe from the OP, just a mention of the glitch and his wondering if anyone else is seeing it in MLion.

The "Bugreport" reply was the most useful reply in this thread thus far. :/

Thanks - I'm not sure why everyone else thought that I was complaining. There wasn't a mention in Apple's dev forums. The closest was some references in the WebKit community. I was just curious. I did submit the bug report.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
It has nothing to do with complaining. Mountain Lion is developmental software. Mentioning issues with developmental software merits a "Duh!" at the very least. The proper place to respond is to this an other issues with Mountain Lion is the Apple bug reporting site linked to by skillwill in Post No. 2.

ramuman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
It has nothing to do with complaining. Mountain Lion is developmental software. Mentioning issues with developmental software merits a "Duh!" at the very least. The proper place to respond is to this an other issues with Mountain Lion is the Apple bug reporting site linked to by skillwill in Post No. 2.

Thanks - I'm not sure why everyone else thought that I was complaining. There wasn't a mention in Apple's dev forums. The closest was some references in the WebKit community. I was just curious. I did submit the bug report.

I did so before I even posted here.

So I post about beta software in the correct section of a rumors site and I still get lip. Perfect. Should I have posted this in the Lion forum instead - you know where complaining about betas might actually have held merit?

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
I did so before I even posted here.

So I post about beta software in the correct section of a rumors site and I still get lip. Perfect. Should I have posted this in the Lion forum instead - you know where complaining about betas might actually have held merit?

Just ignore them.

It might be useful for other people who experience the same issue, and it's also good to know that a bug report has been filed.

Have fun exploring ML!

GibMcFragger

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
Vancity, BC
Hi guys, I'm running ML w/ Safari 5.2 8535.18.5. The OS has been stable so far, but a couple of issues with Safari are bugging me.

Occasionally, I'm unable to enter text on a website in a given tab. If I open a new tab with the same site, everything works.

Also, dragging a Safari web location into a Safari window opens up Finder instead of actually opening that link. Double clicking works fine.

I searched and couldn't find this on the forums. The text issue seems to be a WebKit issue from a couple of other places on the internet.
I have the same issue (bug). Quitting and reopening Safari seems to fix it.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
The biggest question: Why are you using Safari 4.2 on Mountain Lion? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind. Thread title is incorrect.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like there's a lot of discussion on the apple forums for ML on this bug and I've also submitted a BR, so to say the least apple is aware of this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.