PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors Forum Turtle Like

Huntn
Apr 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
FYI for about the last week, while my overall internet connectivity is normal, but my connection to MacRumor's Forums operates at a crawl. Is something going on there? Sometimes I wait for minutes for a new forum page to load. One of my techniques to speed things up is to stop the page load, then renew it. To reconfirm, this is the only site I'm having this issue with.

-aggie-
Apr 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Seems fine to me.

SandboxGeneral
Apr 26, 2012, 10:33 AM
It's working fine for me. Have you cleared your browser cache?

EDIT: Also in Safari, if you bring up your Activity window, which link for MacRumors is holding things up?

Scepticalscribe
Apr 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
Have to say I've noticed that MR is pretty slow both yesterday and today, as well, (and is the only site which is quite that slow).

Actually, I had thought about starting a thread on the topic, and so, was pleased to spot this, before I did so.

Michaelgtrusa
Apr 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
What browsers are you using?

maflynn
Apr 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Is there a particular time from which you notice the performance problems?

Starfighter
Apr 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
I also think it's browser related for some odd reason. During these last couple of days MR has been really slow from time to time, with some complete freezes/stops when I just couldn't navigate the site anymore - but with a change of computer (and therefore also browser) everything was back to normal. So I figured it was just me and didn't bother telling anyone.

Michaelgtrusa
Apr 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
Opera and all versions of chrome cause this site to hang and their is no solution fix this. It all started with the forum upgrade back in February.

Macman45
May 1, 2012, 02:10 AM
It's fine on Safari, but as suggested OP: Clear your browser cache...It usually helps things along. Can't say I've noticed any site slow down at all.

Michaelgtrusa
May 1, 2012, 02:51 AM
It's fine on Safari, but as suggested OP: Clear your browser cache...It usually helps things along. Can't say I've noticed any site slow down at all.

I had a clean install of both browsers and my cache is always cleared, a non issue for me and not the solution to a server issue.