Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I agree that picture looks slightly different from how I generally imagine an iBook... but it is just a photo of an iBook, plain and simple

KittenKrusher

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2005
I had to take a double-take on that, but now that I look at it, it is a regular iBook. It's just the angle and color. I saw that and thought, "Sweet, Apple slipped up again with a new iBook sneaking out".

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
whatever, i jusdt toht someone else saw it too... anyway, mine IS different, its not just the angle or colour- for example, my keyboard is way closer to the hinge than in the pic, and the keyboard is closer to the power button and the speaker too- plus, its not as SHINY

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
What ???!! You mean Apple have brought out an update? Wow, so much better than this one....

Attachments

• mm-ibooktangerine-offen.jpg
    mm-ibooktangerine-offen.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 120

igucl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2003
Mr_Brightside_@ said:
whatever, i jusdt toht someone else saw it too... anyway, mine IS different, its not just the angle or colour- for example, my keyboard is way closer to the hinge than in the pic, and the keyboard is closer to the power button and the speaker too- plus, its not as SHINY

Is yours a 12"? Because that picture is of a 14". That's why it looks different, and why there is more space between stuff.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Mr_Brightside_@ said:

I don't know that much about iBooks, but could your variances just be the differences between a 12" and a 14" iBook? I know my 15" PB has a lot less grille space on either side of the keyboard when compared to a 17" PB.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Well mine (if i had an iBook instead of a PowerBook) would look different as I'd have a UK keyboard :p

Yoyodyne

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2005
Uqbar
Well, they do Photoshop the gaps at the batteries. The screens on all promotions are definitely doctored. No iBook screen looks as good as they advertise. But hey, that goes with all products, not just Apple's.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Yoyodyne said:
Well, they do Photoshop the gaps at the batteries. The screens on all promotions are definitely doctored. No iBook screen looks as good as they advertise. But hey, that goes with all products, not just Apple's.

Of course. The screen never looks that good when you take a photo of it.

Remember the iPod nano advert with the hand holding it? It's incredibly easy to tell that it's fake. The screen image, at least.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
stevep said:
What ???!! You mean Apple have brought out an update? Wow, so much better than this one....

No dude, that's actually the newest one out right now.

Anyway, i secretly like the iBook color scheme/look better then my Pb. I love the Apple white, and really like the Apple on the lid of PB/iBooks. Apple's "Apple" sets them apart in the look department in my book(No pun intended). Of course you have Dell written everywhere, HP, IBM, Toshiba, Viao etc etc but Apples laptops are so clean looking, and simple, most of you probably feel the same way otherwise i guess you wouldn't be fanatics like me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.