PDA

View Full Version : spoiler free updates for next monday's keynote?

bkvideography
Jun 6, 2007, 12:15 PM
do any of the admins know if there will be a link to the quicktime vid just like the last keynote that doesn't give away any of what happened?

UberMac
Jun 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
That would be great! Perhaps you (an admin) could update the post above with a link once the time is nigh. Then...we can just link to that single post and not worry about any adverts or spoilers...like last time :P

Uber

MustardMan
Jun 6, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've seen this done in the past for other keynote videos - it's a really awesome way to find out about the new announcements, and I hope they'll do it this time. I watched the entire iphone announcement without reading a single news site talking about the phone. Seeing the multitouch interface demonstrated without reading descriptions first was freakin sweet!

Please, please, give us a spoiler-free article with a link to the video, that we can bookmark in advance and will be updated when the video is posted.

Mac-Addict
Jun 6, 2007, 02:29 PM
That would be great! I think that it goes on through my school day so when I get back I want to watch the full video without seeing anything before hand.

arn
Jun 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
Details here

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/07/wwdc-2007-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/

story linked to this thread.

arn

Shanesan
Jun 7, 2007, 01:17 AM
Sweet. Good to hear. :)

queshy
Jun 7, 2007, 01:24 AM
I don't think I'll be able to resist waiting for the stream...what year do you think a live stream will be possible?

Bonte
Jun 7, 2007, 01:24 AM
Great service, thank you very much. Its really hard to do but i always try to keep away from the whole internet on days like that and watch the stream, a much much better experience that way.

I'm extra excited this time because there is a real chance that osX will make it to the PC, this is 'le moment suprème'. :)

Silentwave
Jun 7, 2007, 01:28 AM
I almost signed up for this. Then I realized I'll not only be there, but I'll be the one providing the spoilers :p

I'm extra excited this time because there is a real chance that osX will make it to the PC, this is 'le moment suprème'. :)

No, there isn't. I think Steve has been pretty clear on this being exaclty the opposite of their philosophy. He spent 5 minutes or so reinforcing this point at MWSF.

weeman
Jun 7, 2007, 01:32 AM
Thanks for this. You guys are the greatest!

From Win to Mac
Jun 7, 2007, 02:00 AM
I don't think I'll be able to resist waiting for the stream...what year do you think a live stream will be possible?

My friend those years have come and gone... Back in 2000, we used to get live streams of both Macworld keynotes, and I even used to go to Apple's corporate offices here in Montreal, where it was broadcast via satellite. They even had free food for all of us...

odedia
Jun 7, 2007, 02:31 AM
The spoiler-free version during macworld in January failed completely. While going to the page, just above it in that black line of "updates" I could see "Apple announces the iPhone". That was spoiler-full :) I warned that this might be a problem before the keynote, but was assured that the page is totaly static, which of course was not the case.

If possible, please make the page completely static this time, i.e. with no third-party dynamic frames like that from Amazon, or that line of "latest news" at the top.

Thanks! :)

Bonte
Jun 7, 2007, 03:04 AM
No, there isn't. I think Steve has been pretty clear on this being exaclty the opposite of their philosophy. He spent 5 minutes or so reinforcing this point at MWSF.

In MWSF 1995? In his interview with Bill he clearly stated that the Mac (and iPod and iPhone) is a beautiful box with superior software and that Apple is mainly a software company (mentioned it 3 times). Man, i want my name on the front page if osX is OEM'ed. :)

Well anyway, its as close as we'll ever get so i'm excited, and if Apple doesn't open up osX for PC's then i'm very interested in how they will technically lock the OS to prevent us installing it on homebrew PC's.

brooksfow
Jun 7, 2007, 03:06 AM
I just wanted to express thanks (along with many others) for informing and considering those of us who (sometimes) prefer spoiler-free updates when it comes to the keynotes. I think it's great, even though on rare occassions I've been known to peek. Thanks.

TheChillPill
Jun 7, 2007, 03:49 AM
I can understand them not streaming it, but I don't know why Apple don't just stick it on itunes the moment it's available. The stream is generally unusable for a day or so, and it does spoil the enjoyment of it somewhat.

A downloaded version, which you could enjoy on your :apple: TV would make great evening viewing with some popcorn and a beer (yes, I really am that sad!).

Heck, I'd even pay for it!

Much Ado
Jun 7, 2007, 04:35 AM
As others have said, this would be really cool- but let's make sure there are no spoilers like at the MacWorld attempt :)

I'm in.

richard.mac
Jun 7, 2007, 04:36 AM
thanks for this! exactly how i wanted to do it! cheers!

Bonte
Jun 7, 2007, 06:15 AM
A downloaded version, which you could enjoy on your :apple: TV would make great evening viewing with some popcorn and a beer (yes, I really am that sad!).

Your not alone, i can tell you that. :apple: TV version would be great. :)

pagansoul
Jun 7, 2007, 07:06 AM
I myself love spoilers. I also love having the itunes/podcast videos of past events with keynotes by SJ. I have a nice little collection that I look at from time-to-time. I would think that having an appleTV would shine in these cases but alass I can't get one because I'm saving for Sony BR 300 which will be @ $500 this month. Can't wait to make use of my HDTV, finally. I already purchased Planet Earth series from BBC as my first BR buy.

tuartboy
Jun 7, 2007, 07:39 AM
In MWSF 1995? In his interview with Bill he clearly stated that the Mac (and iPod and iPhone) is a beautiful box with superior software and that Apple is mainly a software company (mentioned it 3 times). Man, i want my name on the front page if osX is OEM'ed. :)

Well anyway, its as close as we'll ever get so i'm excited, and if Apple doesn't open up osX for PC's then i'm very interested in how they will technically lock the OS to prevent us installing it on homebrew PC's.

No, it has been addressed quite recently. There is no way that Apple will cannibalize their hardware sales to make $10 on the sale of OS X just so they can spend $15 paying their support staff to handle all the extra work.

As to your second paragraph, they have had an intel version for 1.5 years now and you still don't see many hackintoshes. The generic driver support is so poor that many people can't get various hardware devices to run (LAN, sound, etc...) on their existing equipment and just give up or don't do it. DRM never works, but make your product hard to use on other hardware and most will never try.

mduser63
Jun 7, 2007, 08:09 AM

Heck, I'd even pay for it!

I was thinking about this the other night when I was watching the D5 Jobs and Gates interview on my AppleTV. I'm trying to decide if I want to avoid the live updates or not. Usually I follow the live updates, but this year I'll have to work, and while I can probably catch most of it on my lunch break, it might be fun to just wait until after work and watch it without knowing anything...

cc bcc
Jun 7, 2007, 08:21 AM
Notify me of Keynote Stream

ARN ROCKSSSSS OH YEAH :D

Thanks!

alec
Jun 7, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, 500 GB 99 dollar true video iPods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it from me first!

p0intblank
Jun 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
I'll be watching the keynote before doing any reading on Monday. :) I did this for MacWorld and last year's WWDC. It makes the experience that much better.

Edit: By the way, here is the link to the Apple Events page:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/

The stream should show up on the left where the WWDC graphic is now.

~Shard~
Jun 7, 2007, 09:57 AM
Looking forward once again to MacRumors' live coverage. It's been excellent in the past and I'm sure it will be just as good this time around. Thanks in advance Mods and Gods. :cool:

~Shard~
Jun 7, 2007, 10:26 AM

Ah, the good old days... Live streams were the nrom several years ago, but not anymore - too bad you missed out. :(

greenbreadmmm
Jun 7, 2007, 10:37 AM
so i know theyd only be rumors but are there gonna be any upgrades to the ipod or free leopard upgrade passes announced at wwdc? Thanks

~Shard~
Jun 7, 2007, 10:39 AM
so i know theyd only be rumors but are there gonna be any upgrades to the ipod or free leopard upgrade passes announced at wwdc? Thanks

Your guess is as good as anyone's! :D No specific rumors to this affect have surfaced that I'm aware of, but again, anything can happen. Don't worry, all will be revealed in a week. ;) :cool:

arn
Jun 7, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'll be watching the keynote before doing any reading on Monday. :) I did this for MacWorld and last year's WWDC. It makes the experience that much better.

Edit: By the way, here is the link to the Apple Events page:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/

The stream should show up on the left where the WWDC graphic is now.

Of note the Apple Events page had spoilers on it last time... so it might not be a safe page to visit.

Also, for those sticking around for our coverage... we're hoping it'll be better than ever.

arn

psychofreak
Jun 7, 2007, 10:50 AM
Of note the Apple Events page had spoilers on it last time... so it might not be a safe page to visit.

Also, for those sticking around for our coverage... we're hoping it'll be better than ever.

arn

Will the photo's be bigger? (this is one reason why I also have Engadget open on another window)

~Shard~
Jun 7, 2007, 10:56 AM

There's no other place I'll be next Monday, so I'm looking forward to it. The last keynote coverage was great and I'm sure this one will be even better. Again, thanks in advance arn and crew. :cool:

Doctor Q
Jun 7, 2007, 11:01 AM
If possible, please make the page completely static this time, i.e. with no third-party dynamic frames like that from Amazon, or that line of "latest news" at the top.That's the plan.

greenbreadmmm
Jun 7, 2007, 11:06 AM
well do you think there going to announce a new ipod , or am i safe in getting it with my mbp tonight?

shu82
Jun 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
Danke gods! This is my preferred method.

ajhill
Jun 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
Okay, game over, Steve Jobs and the iPhone are a lock for the cover of Time magazine in December for Man of the Year.

The question is, just what "secret features" will we find out about on Monday from the WWDC conference?

I get the feeling a lot of people will be talking about the "Vista Killer" OS next week.

Bring on the iPod killers, bring on the iPhone killers, bring on the Leopard killers, ooops the next version of Windows won't be out for another 5 or 6 years...

Al

Maccus Aurelius
Jun 7, 2007, 11:17 AM
well do you think there going to announce a new ipod , or am i safe in getting it with my mbp tonight?

The iPod's free, so you're safe anyway. :D

Oooh good I haven't seen a keynote in a while. They're always fun to watch. Imagine that beefy Mac Minis were suddenly rolled out. Engadget and Gizmodo would implode.

I'm pretty glad that Apple has proceeded to hush those that claim that they're short changing their macs. Hopefully this keynote will stick it to 'em again. :p

greenbreadmmm
Jun 7, 2007, 11:33 AM
i know but im getting the 80 gig so its gonna cost me a little, and if the new ones come out then those are also discounted. I dunno i could wait till monday, but i already had been planning to go tonight for about 3 days.

arn
Jun 7, 2007, 11:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

arn

Will the photo's be bigger? (this is one reason why I also have Engadget open on another window)

bigger photos , "continuous" ajax feed , better transcriptions

those are the goals

rdowns
Jun 7, 2007, 11:47 AM
thoise are the goals

Spell check? :D

arn
Jun 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
Spell check? :D

:) damn treo keyboard.

arn

Maccus Aurelius
Jun 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
i know but im getting the 80 gig so its gonna cost me a little, and if the new ones come out then those are also discounted. I dunno i could wait till monday, but i already had been planning to go tonight for about 3 days.

Well, if it does make you pause for a bit, then you could always wait for monday. The deal will still be around by then. I'd say wait if it bugs you, it may pay off yet :)

Mac Fly (film)
Jun 7, 2007, 12:12 PM
Thank you! I hate those spoilers. :D

Mac Fly (film)
Jun 7, 2007, 12:13 PM
:) damn treo keyboard.

arn
Treo? :eek: You may need an iPhone :D

hob
Jun 7, 2007, 01:05 PM
The Keynote's on Monday now?

What happened to Mad Apple Tuesdays?!

Looking forward to it, anyhow :)

szark
Jun 7, 2007, 01:46 PM
The Keynote's on Monday now?

What happened to Mad Apple Tuesdays?!

Looking forward to it, anyhow :)

The WWDC Keynote is and always has been on Monday. The Macworld Keynote is on Tuesday.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Posting from IE on a Windows Mobile device??? That's just wrong, arn. ;)

xtqqtxxx
Jun 7, 2007, 02:02 PM

arn

Will you post the link to the stream when it comes out so we can copy it into Quicktime manually like you did for the last MacWorld keynote?
Maybe send the link to those who subscribed via e-mail.

By the way they put the MacWorld keynote on iTunes as a podcast. Hopefully they do it again. It was a little higher resolution I think.

EDIT: Link to MWSF 2006 Podcast (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=212293773)

arn
Jun 7, 2007, 02:05 PM
Mobile device??? That's just wrong, arn. ;)

nah, it's a Palm OS based Treo. I guess the software identifies it wrong.

arn

dernhelm
Jun 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
My friend those years have come and gone... Back in 2000, we used to get live streams of both Macworld keynotes, and I even used to go to Apple's corporate offices here in Montreal, where it was broadcast via satellite. They even had free food for all of us...

Sounds cool. They used to do live Satellite feeds to the Apple stores as well. Have those stopped too? I don't see why they wouldn't want to continue that. I bet they get more than a few impulse buys if they trotted out the new merchandise immediately after showing the keynote.

Bonte
Jun 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
No, it has been addressed quite recently. There is no way that Apple will cannibalize their hardware sales to make $10 on the sale of OS X just so they can spend $15 paying their support staff to handle all the extra work.

Dell is paying $50 for Windows and does the support, not MS. Its not that bad.

As to your second paragraph, they have had an intel version for 1.5 years now and you still don't see many hackintoshes. The generic driver support is so poor that many people can't get various hardware devices to run (LAN, sound, etc...) on their existing equipment and just give up or don't do it. DRM never works, but make your product hard to use on other hardware and most will never try.

Agreed, they don't need DRM just crappy drivers. Dell already has a laptop that can use the Mac Mini disks because its so similar to it, Apple hardware isn't that special anymore. A beautiful box but with extraordinary software, Steve's words.

It can go both ways, we'll have to wait.

szark
Jun 7, 2007, 02:18 PM
nah, it's a Palm OS based Treo. I guess the software identifies it wrong.

arn

Or the browser's pretending to be IE for compatibility. I should have thought of that. :)

Sounds cool. They used to do live Satellite feeds to the Apple stores as well. Have those stopped too? I don't see why they wouldn't want to continue that. I bet they get more than a few impulse buys if they trotted out the new merchandise immediately after showing the keynote.

Yeah, I miss those. Unfortunately they are removing the theaters from more and more stores, so it's unlikely they'll ever resume that practice. Shame. I always enjoyed going to the store for the keynote broadcast.

tritonus
Jun 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks, you guys are great! Why is there even one "negative" rating for this fantastic service brought to you by MacRumors?

I hope spoiler-free coverage will also be an option for future keynotes.

ata
Jun 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!

Oh. Wait.

Doctor Q
Jun 7, 2007, 07:38 PM
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!

Oh. Wait.Don't use the Internet (other than our spoiler-free page) or turn on the TV before you view the Keynote. In fact, don't look out the window. Somebody might be standing there wearing a T-shirt that says "iPhone service contract free for first million customers" or "Leopard includes PlayStation emulation" or "iSpreadsheet Rocks" or something else you don't want to know yet. :eek:

monke
Jun 7, 2007, 08:16 PM
Details here

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/07/wwdc-2007-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/

story linked to this thread.

arn

Thanks a lot MR Crew!

I tried this last keynote, MWSF '07, and it was really weird. Of course I saw the iPhone preview on the Apple QT page, but watching it was like I was there. Sitting there, I found myself totally engaged with the video, and quite often, talking to myself about how amazing the iPhone was.

I've done it the MacRumorsLive way too. It's just as fun, because you can't wait for the next update and you find yourself looking around the internet for pictures and any other info.

Happy WWDC 2007 to All! :)

hatcher146
Jun 7, 2007, 09:39 PM
about how long after the keynote will it take to put the video up just wondering?

arn
Jun 7, 2007, 11:07 PM
about how long after the keynote will it take to put the video up just wondering?

a few hours

arn

puuukeey
Jun 8, 2007, 06:36 AM
ITS AN IPHONE!!!!!
/oh sorry. guys.. sorry... didn't mean to spoil anything

lucascantor
Jun 8, 2007, 05:19 PM
This time I REALLY REALLY WANT to see a spoiler free link to the keynote video. I tried to accomplish this with the last MacWorld, but my friend thwarted my attempts for a cheap laugh... I wanted to kill him.

casik
Jun 9, 2007, 09:54 AM

ummm.... the same way they do now? there is not a chance in the world that OS X 10.5 will be able to run on PC... not because they can't do it.. they just DON'T WANT TO. The main reason people use Apple Computers is because they run OS X. Why dissconnect your software from your hardware?

Sunnzy
Jun 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
ummm.... the same way they do now? there is not a chance in the world that OS X 10.5 will be able to run on PC... not because they can't do it.. they just DON'T WANT TO. The main reason people use Apple Computers is because they run OS X. Why dissconnect your software from your hardware?

Maybe Apple should stop spend any effort to make it difficult to run on generic x86 platforms? Not to support it, but just not implement anything against it neither, if that makes sense.

gerygg
Jun 10, 2007, 05:59 PM
OK, the keynote is @ 10 AM EST
How long after that that do you think we'll have the link to the spoiler free? How long after the keynote is finished Apple usually upload the video?

Billy Boo Bob
Jun 11, 2007, 04:48 AM
You guys are all talking about the spoiler at the top of the spoiler-free page last time, but...

I thought I submitted my email address so I could have a link to the stream emailed directly to me without even having to first open a browser.

Also, do you (Arn) think you could do a follow-up email if and when they post a QT / podcast version of it? It's going to take a week for the stream to be watchable... When the stream is first posted you're lucky to get a frame every few seconds, and the connection just drops out a lot.

I don't have an HDTV, nor an :apple:TV, but that does sound like a sweet way to watch it if you got 'em. I do, however, have a DVD player that will play DiVX movies, so when I get the QT/podcast one I'll export it to DiVX and watch it on my stone age 480p TV. ;)

Edit: Actually, I guess the source might be 480p in the DiVX file, but the old standard NTSC TV would be 480i (or whatever the number of lines actually are). Symantics. :-)

agentkow
Jun 11, 2007, 02:01 PM
I love this system and all, but I wish there were some more comforting messages on the article page, like:

The keynote is now over, it's only a matter of time.

A link to the keynote has popped up but is not functioning just yet.

The keynote is till going on 3 hours later because of all the mazing stuff coming out.

At least something to let me know the system is still alive and I'm not the only person waiting here. It needs to be more like Alcoholics Anonymous or something...

Macnoviz
Jun 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
I love this system and all, but I wish there were some more comforting messages on the article page, like:

The keynote is now over, it's only a matter of time.

A link to the keynote has popped up but is not functioning just yet.

The keynote is till going on 3 hours later because of all the mazing stuff coming out.

At least something to let me know the system is still alive and I'm not the only person waiting here. It needs to be more like Alcoholics Anonymous or something...

That would indeed be nice. Although normally the Keynote should already be done.

agentkow
Jun 11, 2007, 02:28 PM
That would indeed be nice. Although normally the Keynote should already be done.

I know, and those unread items in my MacRumors RSS feed are killing me!

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 02:40 PM
I know, and those unread items in my MacRumors RSS feed are killing me!
The horror! The horror! :D

I still don't know anything about what was shown in the keynote, but my brother does, and he keeps teasing me! :p

Gentile
Jun 11, 2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone know about what time this thing will be posted? What was the time lag from last year?

agentkow
Jun 11, 2007, 02:56 PM
The horror! The horror! :D

I still don't know anything about what was shown in the keynote, but my brother does, and he keeps teasing me! :p

I have to make sure I don't talk to anyone even remotely computer-inclined today for just that reason.

Also, the number of RSS stores keeps climbing! AUGH!

Jay5000
Jun 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
Warning-- there is a spoiler on the apple events page that someone posted a link to earlier. I didn't realize it at first, but if you want to remain pristine, don't follow that link.

Thanks to those who have resisted the urge to post spoilers to this thread... or to the moderators who are deleting them.

This is my first time going the pure-streaming route. I watched about 10 minutes of the live coverage, realized I really wanted to watch it happend without knowing, and so decided to wait.

Its torturous waiting...

sam10685
Jun 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
when will this be posted? i'm going nuts. i think i'll go get a bottle of vodka.

Macnoviz
Jun 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
Oh, the dilemma:( , stay up (22u30 already here) or go to bed?

Yixian
Jun 11, 2007, 03:32 PM
Generally how long does it take to go up?

Macnoviz
Jun 11, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm going to bed.

but first some words of advice:
do not use ANY apple website (eg webmail) I had very minor spoilers before logging in.
Do not read ZDNet Alerts. (I had a minor (although...) spoiler just by the headline)

nighty night. I'm watching the Keynote first thing tomorrow (in about 10 hours)

jzieske
Jun 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
I was going to wait and just watch the stream but I have to go to work. I gave in a read the front page.

I also checked apples site and no mention of a stream yet anywhere.

agentkow
Jun 11, 2007, 04:08 PM
I'm very close to giving in...

TheFreshPrince
Jun 11, 2007, 04:25 PM
I hope it comes soon. I got up early to watch it before I go to work here in Japan - and I NEVER get up early.

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 04:29 PM
aye...
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7607/rssmz2.jpg

richcon
Jun 11, 2007, 04:29 PM

Be strong, Agent Kow. Be strong.

kinless
Jun 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't bother to warn any of my co-workers in the programming dept not to say anything this morning since they're all anti-Mac anyway, but then one of them sent an e-mail to all of us about something and I'm like "dammit!"

So I know one thing...

*sigh*

Still waiting... and waiting...

You're killin' me smalls!

Lermex
Jun 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
Ukraine here.
Waiting from morning till now, 20+ hours already...

yellowtip
Jun 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
It's 5:41am here in Hong Kong. How much longer is this gonna take? I've been up all night waiting for this stuppid video link to be made available.

Please hurry up!! :apple: I can't take this anymore!!!

It's light outside already, birds are wisteling...and still no Keynote Video... :(

Yixian
Jun 11, 2007, 04:44 PM
What teh bloomin hell is the delay? It was four hours ago ffs!!

yellowtip
Jun 11, 2007, 04:51 PM
What teh bloomin hell is the delay? It was four hours ago ffs!!

Let me guess....the QT encoder probably crashed near the end, so they had start all over again.... or the guy in charge met this cute girl during his lunch break..and is telling her how he as an iPhone at home..and he can show her if she comes along.

Man...it's funny how sleep deprivation affects your ability to think straight :o

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
Damnit hurry up!

:mad:

agentkow
Jun 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
I've got the big screen up and ready here at work so I can watch the keynote while doing updates in the labs, but now I'm off in 36 minutes and might as well wait till I get home.

I could watch it at work tomorrow, but there is no way I could go through the evening without giving in...

sam10685
Jun 11, 2007, 05:05 PM
What is going on here?

Londoner
Jun 11, 2007, 05:06 PM
I just joined MacRumors so I could say how dangerously close I am to giving in!!

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well its now been 5 ****in hours since the keynote started...

mac17
Jun 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
its been 6 hours already is this normal? im dying to know what happend but ill never give in:D :apple:

sam10685
This better be the best ******* keynote ever.

arn
hang on guys... we're still keeping an eye out for it

arn

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 05:12 PM
if i remember correctly 6:30pm est was the time it popped up last time

but also around 8pm est rings in my head too...that would mean 2 hours...i hope its not that long

logik-bomb
Jun 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
I can't wait any longer... :mad:

richcon
Jun 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
What is going on here?

This isn't a spoiler, but here's a quick update on why it's taking so long. The Apple keynote editing team has had to do some quick CG touchup work on the real keynote video. Seems the Jobsbot3000's turtleneck wasn't the right shade of black, and the real Steve Jobs objected furiously from his secret vacation home in Bali.

So once they're finished colortiming the video and removing a couple other odd blemishes, we'll be seeing the video soon.

agentkow
Jun 11, 2007, 05:15 PM
hang on guys... we're still keeping an eye out for it

arn

So reassuring! It's nice to know someone is looking out for us still.

I almost want to ask if it was worth the wait, but I don't want to know if it wasn't. I also don't want to get my hopes up too high either.

True love waits.

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
just joined to say im breaking!

its midnight here and i have THE exam of my life tomorrow!

And I still need to look over it!!!

:eek:

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
I almost gave in when I got home from work and it wasn't up yet. But this is my first time trying the spoiler free edition, and I suffered through work all day so I figure I would go ahead and hold out! It better be up before 7 or I am looking. All my friends already know the secrets so I am avoiding phone calls...sitting in my room sweating and shaking from excitement.

yellowtip
Jun 11, 2007, 05:20 PM

boy...that sure sounds like me when I was in college :D

sam10685
Jun 11, 2007, 05:21 PM
This isn't a spoiler, but here's a quick update on why it's taking so long. The Apple keynote editing team has had to do some quick CG touchup work on the real keynote video. Seems the Jobsbot3000's turtleneck wasn't the right shade of black, and the real Steve Jobs objected furiously from his secret vacation home in Bali.

So once they're finished colortiming the video and removing a couple other odd blemishes, we'll be seeing the video soon.

Are you serious? wow. (i'm actually good. whenever is cool...)

Londoner

Ah, maybe they will announce a device for cheating in exams that will be shipping tonight! Giving you enough time to go to your local apple shop in the morning and pick one up!!

Porshuh944turbo
LOL, I can't believe I just read "True Love Waits" haha. That's funny man, good times.

I am so ready to watch this keynote. My brother and a friend are coming over to watch it. We're having a Keynote Party, lol, though my brother "cheated". :rolleyes: This will be my 2nd "spoiler free" keynote and it is the only way to go!

You can hold out! It should only be a bit longer. hopefully... :)

logik-bomb
Jun 11, 2007, 05:22 PM
The bad thing is that I cant visit the usual websites.... maybe I get some spoiler :confused: :confused:

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 05:22 PM
Does anyone remember how long Macworld took?

yellowtip
Jun 11, 2007, 05:23 PM
could it possibly be that they won't be releasing the video at all?? :confused:

richcon
Are you serious? wow. (i'm actually good. whenever is cool...)

No. :)

Porshuh944turbo
Someone posted that the video from MacWorld came up at 6:30 EST, which is 8 minutes away. We'll see!

Londoner
Jun 11, 2007, 05:24 PM

Nooooooo!!! don't tempt fate. lol

manu chao
Jun 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
Does anyone remember how long Macworld took?
I think it appeared at 1400 hours Pacific, but it was pretty choppy and I only started watching it at 1500 or 1600 hours Pacific. My memory could be a bit imprecise but I am almost 100% sure it appeared before 1600 hours Pacific because I watched most of it that night and anything later would have made that impossible over here.

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 05:26 PM
Ah, maybe they will announce a device for cheating in exams that will be shipping tonight! Giving you enough time to go to your local apple shop in the morning and pick one up!!

GOD I hope so!

man i know i'm making a mistake staying up...

but my religion comes before everything!
when the great Jobso holds the annual ceremony, all believers must watch!

logik-bomb
Jun 11, 2007, 05:27 PM
I guess this will be the url :D

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc07/

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 05:27 PM

I guess I have 2 religions then!! :D

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 05:28 PM

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 05:29 PM

I've refreshed that page like 50 times this pas hour!!!:D :D :D

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 05:31 PM

Not so sure about that...

I had to call my friend to ask him if it was up yet before I tried getting on safari and avoiding all the usually pages...he said that the site reflects where the video will be, but it is not linked yet.

Didnt think to ask the url. I'm paranoid about spoilers

johnee
Jun 11, 2007, 05:32 PM
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf07/

(:D)

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 05:34 PM

(:D)

you got me excited there!:o

Londoner
Jun 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
GOD I hope so!

man i know i'm making a mistake staying up...

Yeah there is actually subliminal messages in his keynotes to convert to Steve Jobs' iReligion. ;)

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
Posting is about the only thing getting me through this...thanks for being here guys! :rolleyes: :p

caliguy
Jun 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
Ah this is annoying. Luckily I've only had to wait for about 10 minutes so far since I came home from school. I can't imagine waiting for hours with no video.

EEcuber17
Jun 11, 2007, 05:39 PM
wtf is taking so long

wheres the video?

Rivka
Jun 11, 2007, 05:40 PM
on that link that is posted, the menu bar styling looks new, i of course cant go to any other apple.com page to check if it is site wide update, of am i just going crazy cause i have been waiting too long for the keynote?

yeah the worse part is that i dont dare surf at all cause i just know that apple news is going to be everywhere

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah there is actually subliminal messages in his keynotes to convert to Steve Jobs' iReligion. ;)
SPOILER!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p

xtqqtxxx
Jun 11, 2007, 05:41 PM

They will, on their site it says this in a little box:

"WWDC Keynote
Watch this space for the exclusive webcast of the Worldwide Developers Conference keynote address by Steve Jobs."

Can't.Wait.Any.Longer

logik-bomb
Jun 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
Ah this is annoying. Luckily I've only had to wait for about 10 minutes so far since I came home from school. I can't imagine waiting for hours with no video.

The keynote was at 6pm in my country. Now its 11.40pm and still no video

As someone said.. "true love waits"

=)

Rivka
Jun 11, 2007, 05:42 PM

ok that is frigging funny!!!!!!

joseph2166
Jun 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
I sometimes wish apple news NEVER made the headlines anywhere.

I very stupidly wanted to know what was hapenning in the world (besides the video not being up yet). So I went to bbc.co.uk and DUH DUH DUH... Well you can imagine how annoying it was.

caliguy
Jun 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
The keynote was at 6pm in my country. Now its 11.40pm and still no video

As someone said.. "true love waits"

=)

:D Oh man. Sorry to hear that. I'm going to go get food so that I don't waste another 20 minutes.

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
They will, on their site it says this in a little box:

"WWDC Keynote
Watch this space for the exclusive webcast of the Worldwide Developers Conference keynote address by Steve Jobs."

Can't.Wait.Any.Longer

where?

man i can't handle it no more!!!!

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 05:45 PM
It would a lot easier if the keynote was in the evening. That way I could sleep while the monkeys upload the video. :p

joseph2166
Jun 11, 2007, 05:47 PM
It would a lot easier if the keynote was in the evening. That way I could sleep while the monkeys upload the video. :p

Trust me having it in the evening here hasn't helped at all. Who could sleep when anything with 'apple' and 'secret features' is about to be announced?

Kitchen Table
Jun 11, 2007, 05:48 PM
I just joined to say that it is almost 0100 here, and i am getting frustrated by waiting.

I also would like to thank Macrumours for supplying this service and for those times before when i have used it.

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 05:49 PM
definitely taking longer than usual

macworld was up at 6pm est

xtqqtxxx
Jun 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
where?

man i can't handle it no more!!!!

Apple still has not posted the video, but when they do it will show up in that little box.

I don't want to post the link to it because there are some spoilers there.

Hang in there.

Londoner
Jun 11, 2007, 05:51 PM

I very stupidly wanted to know what was hapenning in the world (besides the video not being up yet). So I went to bbc.co.uk and DUH DUH DUH... Well you can imagine how annoying it was.

lol can you please be my Internet guardian and tell me if anything else is happening in the world apart from apple stuff?;)

I want to check news sites like digg but I need an apple filter!:(

Kitchen Table
Jun 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
The temptation of visiting any Mac site in the universe is high.... this waiting is unbearable. It is like giving an icecream to a 5-year-old and telling him NOT to eat it.

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
was anyone here for macworld when that kid posted that link straight to apples page showing IPHONE haha that was insane

then he said sorry and then five minutes later added another link that once again went to a similar page touting the new apple device

thank god that hasn't happened this time

im totally out of the loop here

awesome :)

joseph2166
Jun 11, 2007, 05:53 PM
lol can you please be my Internet guardian and tell me if anything else is happening in the world apart from apple stuff?;)

I want to check news sites like digg but I need an apple filter!:(

I daren't check back on bbc 'cos I only saw one headline of apple stuff! Imagine if two WWDC's ago the headline had been 'Apple Announces Transition' - you wouldn't have known enough to know anything about the transition (although a monkey could guess it was the intel one).

However I imagine nothing major has happened or the apple story wouldn't be number one.

xtqqtxxx
Jun 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
was anyone here for macworld when that kid posted that link straight to apples page showing IPHONE haha that was insane

then he said sorry and then five minutes later added another link that once again went to a similar page touting the new apple device

thank god that hasn't happened this time

im totally out of the loop here

awesome :)

I remember that. I was pretty angry. :D

Rivka
Jun 11, 2007, 05:54 PM

yeah this stuff has me all spooked, i have never waited for the spoiler free version (have been to the sf expo keynote in person for the last 4 years and got the line by line for the others)
it is really hard to go about my normal day when i am in constant fret of having my hard worked patience ruined by just turning the tv on or lading any webpage (i'm even a bit scared on my email and have ichat turned off)

if i knew it was going to take this long i might not have waited, but now that i have gone this far i dont want to give up

Londoner
Jun 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
I daren't check back on bbc 'cos I only saw one headline of apple stuff! Imagine if two WWDC's ago the headline had been 'Apple Announces Transition' - you wouldn't have known enough to know anything about the transition (although a monkey could guess it was the intel one).

However I imagine nothing major has happened or the apple story wouldn't be number one.

lol unless the apple announcement is so major that it overshadows everything else:D

yellowtip
Jun 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
c'mone!!! this isn't funny anymore. I'm sure the guy that needs to publish the video is enjoying the increbible power he's holding over us now. He's probably checking this forum right now with a nasty grin on his face..

PUBLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

joseph2166
Jun 11, 2007, 06:02 PM
Coooom on there's only so many refreshes of a page you can do before you get tempted into going to apple.com

There might be some perfectly sensible reason for this delay of course... Perhaps the guys dropped the disc carying all the video down a drain whilst they were on their way back to the office.

Please Mr Jobs in the sky - live video and/or very fast video uploading next time around!

manu chao
Jun 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
The macrumors web server seems to be pretty busy, I already had a couple of error messages loading the pages of this thread.

joseph2166
Jun 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
The macrumors web server seems to be pretty busy, I already had a couple of error messages.

It's because everyone's so busy laughing at us idiots who're waiting for nothing.

rowanhall
Jun 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
i can't wait much longer...! i'm like most people... tempted to peek, but would rather see video demos without prior knowledge

caliguy
Jun 11, 2007, 06:06 PM
i can't wait!

....No.

:) You changed your post haha. Got my hopes up.

Londoner
The macrumors web server seems to be pretty busy, I already had a couple of error messages loading the pages of this thread.

haha i got one replying to your comment!

Imagine what the video is going to be like, choppy as hell!

Rivix

yeah, me too. I'm sure most of us are getting them.

yellowtip
Jun 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
grrrr....

soon I'll start to make barking noises...

caliguy
They should just put this on iTunes for us to download once it's ready.

DopestGingah
Okay this is just nuts. Apple knows that everybody is coming home from work and everybody wants to see the keynote (at least in the US anyways). While flipping through channels, I saw Attack of the Show on G4 and I saw something about Apple! :eek: :eek: I immediately changed the channel!!! This is sooooo hard!!!!!! :mad:

rowanhall
....No.

:) You changed your post haha. Got my hopes up.

yeah sorry... i realised my mistake... i typed in the wrong addition to the usual url... my bad... :(

tried to edit it asap to not get hopes up... i'm going mad waiting

rowanhall
Jun 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
They should just put this on iTunes for us to download once it's ready.

i was thinking about that myself... the itunes servers are great, much better than a choppy stream! maybe thats what they're doing??? fingers crossed

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 06:16 PM
1:15 a.m

I need my fix NOOOOW!!:mad:

Just a hit... a small one just a taste thats all i want pleeease!

Kitchen Table
Jun 11, 2007, 06:17 PM
I do not even dare to surf to boring sites... If i would visit Youtube i'm sure the first thing i would see would be a video by some guy who was there.

Even if i would google for "man with balls in bear trap" i would probably just discover that Apple has released an iBeartrap.

Londoner
Jun 11, 2007, 06:21 PM
I do not even dare to surf to boring sites... If i would visit Youtube i'm sure the first thing i would see would be a video by some guy who was there.

Even if i would google for "man with balls in bear trap" i would probably just discover that Apple has released an iBeartrap.

lol you get the most random 'im feeling lucky' result for "man with balls in bear trap" search

caliguy
Jun 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
lol you get the most random 'im feeling lucky' result for "man with balls in bear trap" search

Hahaha.. if you read, one of the members posts "How about royalty checks and a big-jugged chick with a ***** like a bear-trap instead?"

solidfox
Jun 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
Thought I'd add something useful here. If you really don't want it to be choppy use VLC and set the caching value really high.

After making sure you have the advanced option checked in the lower left part of preferences the caching value can be set in...

Preferences > Input / Codecs > Access modules > File (If it's a file... might be an URL and then it'd probbably be HTTP(S), you can set the caching value in both.)

set it to something like 30s (that would be 30 000 ms) or higher and you should be guaranteed a pleasant watch!

Now if only they'd release it soon...

/Fox

hamz01
Jun 11, 2007, 06:30 PM
Watching WWDC06 to pass the time...

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
Watching WWDC06 to pass the time...

Whats the link to that?

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 06:39 PM
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc06/ old one

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
Whats the link to that?
Spoiler free link, if you really don't want to look at apple's website:

Here (rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/2_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/wwdc_2006_2_110.mov)

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 06:41 PM

rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/2_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/wwdc_2006_2_110.mov

even better!

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 06:42 PM

Here (rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/2_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/wwdc_2006_2_110.mov)

ha i just put my arm over the top area of safari...in case there was something in the header lol

but thanks for that!

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 06:43 PM

Too late...but I already knew about that anyways.

caliguy
Jun 11, 2007, 06:43 PM
Does anyone care to guess what unusually funky outfit Steve wore this morning?

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 06:45 PM
Ok, they have 15minutes then i'm off to bed!

where i'll keep refreshing anyway!
but i'll have made my point ... sort of!

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 06:45 PM
Does anyone care to guess what unusually funky outfit Steve wore this morning?

maybe his blue jeans are a little lighter this time...ya know...from all the wear and tear

logik-bomb
Jun 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
Btw, does anyone here already has the new macbook pro? They only arrive in the end of the month here in my country and it will be my first mac..

tkidBOSTON
Jun 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
It's because everyone's so busy laughing at us idiots who're waiting for nothing.

No, we're just in here checking out the comments, amazed at how you guys managed (or, rather, are managing) to not sneak a peek for so long! :)

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 06:47 PM
ha i just put my arm over the top area of safari...in case there was something in the header lol
That's what I did to get the link :p

crjeong
Jun 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
Gah, why is it taking so long?

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 06:49 PM
Gah, why is it taking so long?

yeah this is pretty ridiculous

Stevenup7002
Jun 11, 2007, 06:53 PM
I know how much you want to hear what happened so I'll give you a little tease:

They released the iphone shuffle, its a square with just the home button on it. You press it and it calls someone at random. Enjoy the rest I hope..

wora69
Jun 11, 2007, 06:56 PM

It's up but very very slow. There're two video: keynote address and iPhone introduction.

jeeeeez WHY would you do that?

benjags
Jun 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
maybe his blue jeans are a little lighter this time...ya know...from all the wear and tear

you have to understand that with a US$1 annual salary you can't really afford to buy new clothes every year...

durvivor
Jun 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
I've avoided the entire internet today to avoid spoiling any news. I too want to watch the keynote as my way of getting any news.

Its now been seven hours since the keynote began, and I'm guessing five hours since it ended. Wasn't the stream up within the hour the past few keynotes?

Waiting would be easier if I KNEW a quicktime would be posted... But, what if they are not going to this time?

Thanks for waiting with me though folks!

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 07:02 PM
maybe they were using a tiger mac without time machine

if only they had come out with leopard sooner

Stevenup7002
Jun 11, 2007, 07:02 PM
you have to understand that with a US$1 annual salary you can't really afford to buy new clothes every year...

SIX
BILLION
DOLLARS

Majost
Jun 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
I've avoided the entire internet today to avoid spoiling any news. I too want to watch the keynote as my way of getting any news.

Its now been seven hours since the keynote began, and I'm guessing five hours since it ended. Wasn't the stream up within the hour the past few keynotes?

Waiting would be easier if I KNEW a quicktime would be posted... But, what if they are not going to this time?

As per Apple's new Leapord page (I know you don't want to go there):

http://static.mbauman.net/random/wwdc.png

Mitch1984
Jun 11, 2007, 07:08 PM

I'm in the same boat, my girlfriend pursuaded me not to spoil it by reading macrumorslive and now I'm getting tired. It's 01:08 in the morning over in the U.K.

stadidas
Jun 11, 2007, 07:12 PM
I feel your pain. I'm in the UK too. My friend is leaving to go home tomorrow (we're at Uni) and we've stayed up and had a couple of beers, and still no keynote! A conversation on here may keep us all going in our time of need.

durvivor
Jun 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
I feel your pain. I'm in the UK too. My friend is leaving to go home tomorrow (we're at Uni) and we've stayed up and had a couple of beers, and still no keynote! A conversation on here may keep us all going in our time of need.

I have my beer in hand too.

arn
Jun 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
someone submitted this, don't know if true

I just spoke with an apple spokesman, and they told me that the keynote stream might/probably not be posted until tomorrow, because they're having trouble updating the site.

Meanwhile, i'm DYING over here, waiting for the damn thing to come up. I still don't know what happened at WWDC, and for apple to do this to me is mean and unfair. BLAH!

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 07:18 PM
wow that would suck

Stevenup7002
What the hell? Putting the site down for 2 minutes wont hurt anyone will it?

joseph2166

apple apple PLEASE I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!

Londoner
Update 2: An unconfirmed submission claimed this:

I just spoke with an apple spokesman, and they told me that the keynote stream might/probably not be posted until tomorrow, because they're having trouble updating the site.

We can't verify if true... but stay tuned.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
oh my gosh, this is rediculous....i went to get dinner and came back and its still not up! :mad:

ahe
Jun 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm a bit disappointed, too, but actually it's helping me get some design work done for tomorrow (just looking at the bright side).

It's 2:18 here in Spain and my head is getting heavier by the minute. I'm afraid I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to be able to watch it; my Mac rss subscriptions keep growing and growing, and I dare not look at a single one of them... :confused:

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
oh the pain...tha agony

Stevenup7002
Jun 11, 2007, 07:23 PM
Steve has a button implanted in his neck, if he presses it, the apple site goes down. Come on Steve! Open the iPod's main doors Steve!

Voidness
Pressing the enter key has never been so tempting...
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8776/browserkd2.jpg

stadidas
my Mac rss subscriptions keep growing and growing, and I dare not look at a single one of them... :confused:

Same going on here, and probably across the globe.

Kitchen Table
8.5 hours... and nearing 3 o'clock in the morning.... :mad:

durvivor
Jun 11, 2007, 07:25 PM
It's 2:18 here in Spain and my head is getting heavier by the minute.

I wonder if its easier for you, you can slumber off to bed while we here in North America must toil through hours and hours of waiting.

Mitch1984
Jun 11, 2007, 07:26 PM
Pressing the enter key has never been so tempting...
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8776/browserkd2.jpg

Me too, I'm so tempted especially if that's true that it won't be up until tomorrow.

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 07:31 PM
Me too, I'm so tempted especially if that's true that it won't be up until tomorrow.
It is especially so tempting now that I realize that my internet connection doesn't work with Quicktime streams. I have to wait till they post it on iTunes, and God knows when that will be.

jkmakesmusic
it's up now boys

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d7625zs/event/

xtqqtxxx
Let me try to get the spoiler-free link.

wora69
That's it good night!

You can do it guys!;)

crjeong
Jun 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

todd2000

I doubt it's true... It's APPLE'S site, WHY would APPLE have "trouble" updating THEIR OWN website? Seems odd to me....

irahodges
Well...it looks like I have to give in...I definitely won't wait till tomorrow, but I dont know if i should give it 30 more minutes?

sam10685
Jun 11, 2007, 07:33 PM
I will not eat or sleep until there is justice done.

crjeong
It's up you fools!

Stevenup7002
If you want to try and get the site down, put the finger on your left hand to your temple, think of Steve Jobs and press the button in your neck

durvivor
Jun 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
Let me try to get the spoiler-free link.

I tip my hat to you sir...

Thank you.

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
do they not put up the 650 til later?

irahodges
Jun 11, 2007, 07:35 PM
It's up you fools!

and just in the nick of time

benjags
Jun 11, 2007, 07:35 PM
it's up now boys

wow, thankcs, 5 seconds ago i've received a marumors mail sayng the stream would be delayed... I was just about to go to apple.com and say to myself-one more refresh...just in case- and here it goes

thanks again

jkmakesmusic
Jun 11, 2007, 07:36 PM

that IS a spoiler free link. the only difference is a revised menu bar, but there are no changes as far as menu items

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 07:36 PM
If they are having problems with their site, why dont they put it on iTunes! :mad:

arn
Jun 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
rtsp://a2047.v1412b.c1412.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1412/1_h264_350/1a1a1ae555c531960166df4dbc3095c327960d7be756b71b49aa1576e344addb3ead1a497aaedf11/99427722_1_350.mov

Copy paste that url into Quicktime or your Web Browser.

If you can't, you can visit http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d7625zs/event/ which has some hints at the content.

caliguy
Jun 11, 2007, 07:38 PM
I was just about to go crazy.

xtqqtxxx
Jun 11, 2007, 07:39 PM
rtsp://a2047.v1412b.c1412.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1412/1_h264_350/1a1a1ae555c531960166df4dbc3095c327960d7be756b71b49aa1576e344addb3ead1a497aaedf11/99427722_1_350.mov

Copy paste that url into Quicktime or your Web Browser.

If you can't, you can visit http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d7625zs/event/ which has some hints at the content.

Dang you beat me to it, I was about to post this:

That's why you're Arn! :)

mlmorg
Jun 11, 2007, 07:39 PM
thanks everyone

we made it :)

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 07:41 PM
Holy Slowness

wdw_
Jun 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
anyone not getting video?

Kitchen Table
Jun 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
Right...

snacks... check
coffee.... check

let's rock!

and thank you for the link

xtqqtxxx
Jun 11, 2007, 07:44 PM
Working perfectly for me. :D

The intro is very funny. :)

Rivix
Jun 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
Too bad its studdering...

Voidness
Jun 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
The intro is very funny. :)
I thought this was a spoiler free thread ;)

Kitchen Table
Jun 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
Don't forget to play Keynote Bingo.

Stevenup7002
Jun 11, 2007, 09:16 PM
I cant believe Steve Ballmer took the stage!

Epicurus
Jun 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
This was my first time waiting for the stream rather than just getting the blow-by-blow live on some site. It was a great relief to know I wasn't the only crazy one out there, and reading this forum kept me from getting too impatient.

I'm pretty sure this is the way I'll do all future keynotes (unless I end up going to one of these conferences in person!).

taraine
Jun 11, 2007, 11:20 PM
If they are having problems with their site, why dont they put it on iTunes! :mad:

The iTunes Podcast of the Keynote is up and running.

T

DKZ
Jun 12, 2007, 02:53 AM
Where can I find the iTunes Podcast, as far as I can se its not in ITMS anywhere.

Diatribe
Jun 12, 2007, 06:52 AM
Yes, does anyone have a download link for the keynote?

Voidness
Jun 12, 2007, 11:05 AM
So, who still hasn't watched the keynote? I couldn't because Quicktime streaming doesn't seem to work with my internet connection. So I'm waiting till it's on iTunes.

The iTunes Podcast of the Keynote is up and running.
Where? I can't find it.