PDA

View Full Version : dvd burner

hockey6773
Aug 24, 2001, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know about a ibook coming out with a dvd-burner

menoinjun
Aug 24, 2001, 04:03 PM
doubtfull. A dvd-r is a professional product aimed at professionals. That is not the ibook's territory. Not only that...but getting one to fit in a laptop isn't going to happen for a while.

-Pete

iamnotmad
Aug 24, 2001, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ptrauber
doubtfull. A dvd-r is a professional product aimed at professionals. That is not the ibook's territory. Not only that...but getting one to fit in a laptop isn't going to happen for a while.

Professional product aimed at professionals? Apparently you've not seen the new quicksilver commercial with the newlyweds making a video to send to thier parents on DVD. That's marketing squarely to consumers.

menoinjun
Aug 25, 2001, 12:16 AM
Actually I have seen it. And I am going by the Apple sourced material that I learn to become the Apple Product Professional that I am and follow the guidelines they tell me that the g4 desktop line as a whole is based for consumers AND creative professionals alike, but the higher end models (that include the DVD-R) are mainly for the pros. That's why they offer models without a DVD-R. I feel that the commercial is mainly to show the few consumers that do have buttloads of cash that apple has created a DVD-R that is available to them, but Apple expects most of its DVD-R customers to be professionals. You rarely see commercials that come out and say "to all of you pros out there...get this!!" The pros know what is going on in their business and with technology...and don't rely on commercials to tell them. The commercial wasn't directly for professionals, it was for the large-walleted (is that a word??) consumer. This doesn't mean though that the DVD-R is not meant mostly for pros.

-Pete

Kela
Aug 27, 2001, 02:30 AM
Well said ptrauber, the pros know the industry and what they need. Commercials hardly influence them. AND WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS.....why the heck is everyone so badly wanting a CD Burner or DVD burner in built in a Ti2 revision or in an i-book. CAnt one just buy an external USB one??

john123
Aug 27, 2001, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Kela
Well said ptrauber, the pros know the industry and what they need. Commercials hardly influence them. AND WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS.....why the heck is everyone so badly wanting a CD Burner or DVD burner in built in a Ti2 revision or in an i-book. CAnt one just buy an external USB one??

Kela, you must not own a PowerBook.

First off, you simply don't buy a USB burner. You buy a FireWire burner for obvious reasons. If you had a choice and you bought a USB burner, you'd be a moron...this really isn't a debatable point.

Second, one of the great things of having a portable computer is just that -- it's *PORTABLE*. When I fly back and forth between cities, the last thing in the world I want to do is find room in my TravelPro for a burner (if you take a suitcase, which many people who fly a lot for short trips don't, you don't want to put your burner in it as we have all seen how checked baggage gets thrown around). For me, the tradeoff is the burner vs the comfortable pair of shoes. I really look forward to the day when I can bring my shoes along. PowerBook G4 revision, I await thee!

spikey
Aug 27, 2001, 10:14 AM
you are wrong john.
Some things you just dont need for a portable.
and anywayz, why the hell would you want to burn a CD on the move or in a cafe???
why dont you just go home to burn a cd and then take it with you when you go out.

[Edited by spikey on 08-27-2001 at 11:16 AM]

spikey
Aug 27, 2001, 10:50 AM
oooooOOOOOOoooooo moody, chill out dude. since when did i flame u?
i said in my opinion u r wrong.

just sit back in ur cafe with ur portable while thinking about ur multiple homes which no doubt have mutiple bedrooms for multiple orgasms..... have a coffee and a fag, and relax
enjoy urself mate, enjoy ur mac, and enjoy the forum, forget ur worries and enjoy debating :)

menoinjun
Aug 27, 2001, 03:11 PM
let's not start this again guys ok?

There are multiple advantages to having a cdburner in a portable, and there are different advantages for a dvd player. I happen to not need DVD in my portable (it would suck the battery too much) so I'd rather have a cdburner or at least a combo drive.

-Pete

NextBrian
Aug 27, 2001, 05:11 PM
I have to chime in favor of a DVD-R (better yet, the SuperDrive) on the Titanium. If Ti had this option, it would be the perfect computer...that said, it looks as if it isn't possible for two reasons. First, as stated above, battery drain is a problem. Second, the heat generated burning DVDs makes it almost impossible to enclose the drive in such a confined, unvented casing. Looks as if I need a second job to by both desktop and portable Macs!

Kela
Aug 28, 2001, 02:23 AM
John123, my friend. I have a question for you. Namely, do you have a snake in your ass? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS INSULTING PEOPLE DURING DEBATES. In your last post you called me a MORON. If you are a professional, (i assume you are an adult and are above 25), why do you act like a child?

1) I OWN A POWERBOOK (lombard without firewire)

2) I know the advanteges of firewire, its just that as spikey said, why the heck would you want to burn dvds on a 3-4 hour flight? Just because Apple sais so?

Dont assume things you dont know about me ok?

- Kela

spikey
Aug 28, 2001, 10:42 AM
Yeah, john was acting like a nobhead.
im a student.... but i dont use that as an excuse to wank like a monkey in a zoo, i take time to look for my orgasms.
So maybe u should rethink what mental age u need to act Mr "im john and can count 1,2,3 huhuhuhuh".
However If u r stressed out or in the dumps then i can accept it.

Anywayz, enough about that subject and on with the convo. I dont know much about the drives in portables but i suppose if there was a DVD-R or woteva wouldnt it make it a hell of alot heavier?

spikey
Aug 28, 2001, 12:29 PM
[please use more appropriate language]

[Edited by arn on 09-06-2001 at 12:19 AM]

Kela
Aug 29, 2001, 02:30 AM
"John123" you stupid Beeeyyatch!! THIS CAME RIGHT OUT OF YOUR POST.

"When I fly back and forth between cities, the last thing in the world I want to do is find room in my TravelPro for a burner"

So I assumed that a dumbass like you would be reffering to burning dvds or cds while in the flight with an inbuilt combo drive, correct?? Beaaaatch!!

SO DONT TELL ME HOW TO READ. AND DO "NOT" tell me to acquire
an education like yours since all I see coming out of you is miseducation and illcommunication.

- A VERY ANGRY KELA!!

spikey
Aug 29, 2001, 03:54 AM
i suppose he could go by chopper, hmm still a flight.
just run on top of a reversible sedgewick

spikey
Aug 29, 2001, 10:38 AM
wot u on about community college?
look u **** up, sum of us cant afford to go to private skool, or university or woteva harvard might be.
i went to a community technology college and i got all passes.
so shut the **** up u right wing biggot. u r a ****ing ********, u r stupid and u have no common sense, dickwad.
(i am john and i can count 1,2,3 huhuhuhuhu)

****ing dickhead

Kela
Aug 29, 2001, 12:22 PM
John123, you are from Harvard? So this is the kind of trash harvard produces? Or were you thrown out? Since, I doubt anyone from the Harvard Club would use "Moron" or "Idiot" in almost every sentence of theirs. And may I ask you a question, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOING TO A GOOD COLLEGE YOU STUPID BITCH??

spikey
Aug 29, 2001, 03:24 PM
and u need skills to socialize??? HAHAHA it just comes naturally to me.

U r such a git-****, go on then u dadshagger go to ur ****ing harvard and butt**** ur lecturers.

Go and stick ur dick up ur own ass u stuck up right wing mother****ing, dadshagging, pratt-nobbing, git ****ing dick sucking, cock wanking, cumsucking, spermswallowing, transexual buggering, backshafting, anal ****ing, prozzy boning, hand jobing, blow jobing, ass sniffing, head licking, bollock ****ing, man bagging, hard nobbing, **** shagging, piss drinking, interbreeding, inbreeding, crossbreeding, anal ****ing son of a bitch.

I dont believe ur parents wasted an orgasm in making you.

YES YOU GUESSED IT IM ****ING WELL PISSED OFF AT U, U KNOBHEAD.

john123
Aug 29, 2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by spikey
and u need skills to socialize??? HAHAHA it just comes naturally to me.

U r such a git-****, go on then u dadshagger go to ur ****ing harvard and butt**** ur lecturers.

Go and stick ur dick up ur own ass u stuck up right wing mother****ing, dadshagging, pratt-nobbing, git ****ing dick sucking, cock wanking, cumsucking, spermswallowing, transexual buggering, backshafting, anal ****ing, prozzy boning, hand jobing, blow jobing, ass sniffing, head licking, bollock ****ing, man bagging, hard nobbing, **** shagging, piss drinking, interbreeding, inbreeding, crossbreeding, anal ****ing son of a bitch.

I dont believe ur parents wasted an orgasm in making you.

YES YOU GUESSED IT IM ****ING WELL PISSED OFF AT U, U KNOBHEAD.

I think that spikey's mommy and daddy should ground him and not let him play with his Mac Plus for a week!

Megaquad
Aug 29, 2001, 06:13 PM
yes i do

Kela
Aug 30, 2001, 02:28 AM
So John, you are from Harvard club right? And your posts are so eloquent and filled with factual information right?

what was the neccessity of this post then?

"spikey, my dog is smarter than you, and it's been dead for 5 years now."

See, since you are from Harvard, you have NO sense of Humor. SO I am aware that,that was a desperate attempt to be funny. But let analyze this statement. So, you had a dog and you say it is smarter than Spikey right? You use the presentense as in it IS smart. Yet foolishly (and non Harvard like) you go on to mention that it HAS been dead for the past 5 years. I feel that you may be having some skizophrenic moments here as you yourself dont know if your dog is dead or alive. Also, I dont even know if you are making a totally irrelevant statement. "spikey, my dog is smarter than you." SO your dogs name was spikey and is dead???. PLease think more clearly in the future.

Megaquad
Aug 30, 2001, 04:55 AM
John123, you are from Harvard? So this is the kind of trash harvard produces? Or were you thrown out? Since, I doubt anyone from the Harvard Club would use "Moron" or "Idiot" in almost every sentence of theirs. And may I ask you a question, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOING TO A GOOD COLLEGE YOU STUPID BITCH??

you are writing things that would write only 12 yr old kids..

Megaquad
Aug 30, 2001, 04:58 AM
So John, you are from Harvard club right? And your posts are so eloquent and filled with factual information right?

what was the neccessity of this post then?

"spikey, my dog is smarter than you, and it's been dead for 5 years now."

See, since you are from Harvard, you have NO sense of Humor. SO I am aware that,that was a desperate attempt to be funny. But let analyze this statement. So, you had a dog and you say it is smarter than Spikey right? You use the presentense as in it IS smart. Yet foolishly (and non Harvard like) you go on to mention that it HAS been dead for the past 5 years. I feel that you may be having some skizophrenic moments here as you yourself dont know if your dog is dead or alive. Also, I dont even know if you are making a totally irrelevant statement. "spikey, my dog is smarter than you." SO your dogs name was spikey and is dead???. PLease think more clearly in the future.
actually i think that was very funny
and you kela,are analyizing that...god.. how stupid kids live on this planet

Kela
Aug 30, 2001, 05:17 AM
Bad English again. Im starting to think that you run a Nordic Star Trek website!! How cute.

Kela
Aug 30, 2001, 05:29 AM
So tell me Megaquad, or can I call you Bruno? How fast is the internet access in Zagreb?

Megaquad
Aug 30, 2001, 08:53 AM
wrong dude,it's Split,i'm not living in zagreb,it is double isdn,tnx for asking :)

john123
Aug 30, 2001, 09:29 AM
Bad English again. Im starting to think that you run a Nordic Star Trek website!! How cute.

Does anyone else find it mildly hysterical that this guy rants about English yet can't make his subjects and verbs agree for the life of him?

spikey
Aug 30, 2001, 12:16 PM
firstly, u stink
secondly the only reason why ur dog is dead is cos u butt****ed it too hard, u cross breeding ****head.
as for the whos clever debate, well any1 who like pentiums is as thick as ****.
and any1 with a name like john123 tells me u didnt get far in maths at skool did u?
with an insult like "spikey my dog is cleverer than you" u ought to be ashamed of having a dick.
infact do u have a dick john? either u dont, or it is so small you use tweezers to wank.

mnkeybsness
Aug 30, 2001, 01:10 PM
spikey-how old are you?????

spikey
Aug 30, 2001, 01:16 PM
20 Mr. business
i swear when i get pissed off. if u mistake that for immaturity then you are a sad bastard.
If u dont then you arent.

Gallifrey
Aug 30, 2001, 03:07 PM
Spikey? Kela? You fight fight in here too?

dswan34
Aug 30, 2001, 04:11 PM
People are really good at wasting time in here

Gallifrey
Aug 30, 2001, 04:17 PM
yeah really. until apple sovles the heat issue its not wise to put in any burner of any kind. thats my 2 cents.

evildead
Aug 30, 2001, 06:15 PM
I haven't been at my desk in a few days and I miss out on such a big fight. People are getting personal

spikey
Aug 31, 2001, 10:32 AM
Unlucky, u have probably missed:
me getting way pissed off and afterwards having a nervous breakdown , a fight with john123, john123 showing just what a right wing fascist twat he is, megaquad sticking by john123, me sticking by kela, a lot of swearing by me, and i think u have just missed it all.

john123
Aug 31, 2001, 10:40 AM
Unlucky, u have probably missed:
me getting way pissed off and afterwards having a nervous breakdown , a fight with john123, john123 showing just what a right wing fascist twat he is, megaquad sticking by john123, me sticking by kela, a lot of swearing by me, and i think u have just missed it all.

You nimwit, I've voted Democratic all my life (and volunteered for them, too). Yeah, I'm really "right-wing."

God, did you fail out of that community college that supposedly accepted you?

spikey
Aug 31, 2001, 11:03 AM
FOR ****S SAKE JOHN U ****ING ********, WHY CANT YOU JUST ****ING LEAVE IT. WHAT YOU SAID WAS ****ING OUT OF ORDER AND RIGHT WING, LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE ****HOLE, I HAVE ALREADY GOT ACCEPTED BY THAT COLLEGE, I HAVE ALREADY PASSED WITH THAT COLLEGE, AND I WILL END UP WITHT THE ****ING DEGREE I WANT.
WHEN YOU WRITE NEXT TIME THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE KNOBHEAD, READ WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY TYPED ********, OBVIOUSLY LITTLE MR HARVARD HERE CANT READ HIS OWN WRITING NEVER MIND MINE.
**** OFF JOHN.

Classic
Aug 31, 2001, 11:21 AM
Boys, get a room, so you can work this out front to back...

We'll leave it to you guys to figure out who gets pole position.

john123
Aug 31, 2001, 11:41 AM
FOR ****S SAKE JOHN U ****ING ********, WHY CANT YOU JUST ****ING LEAVE IT. WHAT YOU SAID WAS ****ING OUT OF ORDER AND RIGHT WING, LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE ****HOLE, I HAVE ALREADY GOT ACCEPTED BY THAT COLLEGE, I HAVE ALREADY PASSED WITH THAT COLLEGE, AND I WILL END UP WITHT THE ****ING DEGREE I WANT.
WHEN YOU WRITE NEXT TIME THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE KNOBHEAD, READ WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY TYPED ********, OBVIOUSLY LITTLE MR HARVARD HERE CANT READ HIS OWN WRITING NEVER MIND MINE.
**** OFF JOHN.

Wow, someone sure is angry!

Anyway, I have not typed anything "right-wing" here at all. I guess you just don't know what "right-wing" means. When's your birthday? I'll buy you a dictionary.

spikey
Aug 31, 2001, 11:59 AM
oh ofcourse not dickwad. Mr harvard says people who go to community colleges are stupid, that aint at all right wing is it.
whether you think it was or it wasnt you were still out of order saying what u did.
and you still cant just leave it.
Whens your birthday? i will get u a life.

Ur a ****.

Megaquad
Aug 31, 2001, 12:01 PM
LOL ROTFL ;)))

john123
Aug 31, 2001, 12:13 PM
oh ofcourse not dickwad. Mr harvard says people who go to community colleges are stupid, that aint at all right wing is it.
whether you think it was or it wasnt you were still out of order saying what u did.
and you still cant just leave it.
Whens your birthday? i will get u a life.

Ur a ****.

You know what's really funny?
I didn't even go to Harvard. While I did go to another Ivy League school, for real, I thought it would be quite hysterical to see how worked up you'd get over a comment as condescending as the one I made with a name as big at Harvard's.

You met and exceeded all my hopes and expectations.

spikey
Aug 31, 2001, 12:21 PM
U know whats really reeeaally funny?

that last post of yours proves how much of a twat you really are, to everyone

Kela
Sep 2, 2001, 12:06 PM
I think John123 has an inferiority complex. John123, you could have admitted that you are from one of the worse ivies like Brown. But you had to say you are from Harvard. LOL!! It hurts...I know, I can understand you. You said thatr you were a computer sales clerk in yor last job. So when you went to AN IVY LEAGUE college, did you do janitorial work? Honestly...or were you a part time librarian? I mean, clearly YOU are NOT what Ivy league schools produce.

john123
Sep 2, 2001, 12:32 PM
I think John123 has an inferiority complex. John123, you could have admitted that you are from one of the worse ivies like Brown. But you had to say you are from Harvard. LOL!! It hurts...I know, I can understand you. You said thatr you were a computer sales clerk in yor last job. So when you went to AN IVY LEAGUE college, did you do janitorial work? Honestly...or were you a part time librarian? I mean, clearly YOU are NOT what Ivy league schools produce.

Oh ye of little knowledge...
1) Contrary to popular (read: misunderstood) opinion, Harvard is not that great a school for undergraduate education. While it has name recognition, far too many classes are taught by TAs, and the kids who go there are a little too stressed out and have no idea how to have a good time. It's a great place for a graduate education, but not really all that great for undergrad. I'll give you a hint, though: no Brown for me.
2) You can go Ivy League and still enjoy all different kinds of jobs. There isn't a magical totem pole at work here that dictates that an IL degree must result in particular jobs in particular sequences. Just something for you to consider. If you have the brainpower...

Kela
Sep 3, 2001, 03:27 AM
What are you trying to do by telling me that one can go to Harvad and still enjoy great jobs??? Are you trying to justify that your burger flipping job is a great job? PLease think. Secondly, please stop sending me mails calling me things like "****ing Nimwit". Its not only a waste of valuable bandwith, but also MB on my account. Infact, just cut your internet connection from your ISP and sit at home and flip burgers. Ill tell you why,....cause you are Superflous.

mnkeybsness
Sep 3, 2001, 06:36 PM
if you dont' want people emailing you about how much of a ****ing dyke you are, then why don't you jsut edit and not have your email available for others to send stuff to you?

dumbass

spikey
Sep 4, 2001, 10:08 AM
thats clever.
Good thing someone here has had a good education.

evildead
Sep 4, 2001, 01:20 PM
wow... you guys are still fighting

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 4, 2001, 02:49 PM
Quote from Jon123:
Second, one of the great things of having a portable computer is just that -- it's *PORTABLE*. When I fly back and forth between cities, the last thing in the world I want to do is find room in my TravelPro for a burner (if you take a suitcase, which...

What Jon means is:
When I fly back and forth between my cities...

I just couldn't help it, I'm shure Spikey and Kela will get a good lol.

mnkeybsness
Sep 4, 2001, 09:58 PM
i think this Nick "masterx (osix)" needs a life-he just joins and already he's trying to join in on people's quarrels with eachother that don't concern him.

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 4, 2001, 10:03 PM
Actually I've been following Kela closly on a lot of threads, only now posting. It seems Jon123 is an OK person, until Kela joins that is. Besides "flying between MY cities"? That's so damn funny.

Plus my disclaimer, I can't help it.

mnkeybsness
Sep 4, 2001, 10:18 PM
so you are saying that you are a stalker

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 4, 2001, 10:25 PM
...well some call it a rumormonger or thread master, but stalker if you like, I'm also a teenage lesbian (j/k)

mnkeybsness
Sep 4, 2001, 10:30 PM
congratulations....you are a ****ing queer

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 4, 2001, 10:35 PM
(j/K) just kidding, hmm kidding, as in a joke. What is a joke you might ask? Wel a joke usually involves some irony and perhaps a common conception. Old fat hornies on their PCs claim to be teenage lesbians, thus unless you are a teenage lesbian you shouldn't be offended. The joke uses 2 internet conceptions together, the term j/k, and the lesbian thing. Combined with a harsh assumption I'm a starker makes for a good time had by all (you ass).

Kela
Sep 5, 2001, 02:32 AM
So MasterX, adre you saying that its because of me that John123 flips and becomes wild? So youre saying that when I entered the forum, he became mad?

- Kela

spikey
Sep 5, 2001, 08:41 AM
Well it aint true, john just has a habit of not listening to other people. its really the closed minded attitude that got apple beaten by todays PCs. (sorry john, no offense, atleast ur heart is in the right place), he also has a tendency of pissing me off.

john123
Sep 5, 2001, 11:18 AM
Well it aint true, john just has a habit of not listening to other people. its really the closed minded attitude that got apple beaten by todays PCs. (sorry john, no offense, atleast ur heart is in the right place), he also has a tendency of pissing me off.

That's retarded. If I didn't listen, then I wouldn't be able to give you such amazingly detailed responses and criticisms to your various piss-poor comments.

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 5, 2001, 12:33 PM
According to the dictionary:
John is a bathroom or the toilet iself. AKA piss-pot
Jon is a name AKA a person

I call John123 "Jon123" in my posts, because I respect him as a person, I'm just saying It's ironic that's he's listed as John (although to be fair SOMETIMES John is used as the spelling for the name, want to keep it fair after all) and SOME people think hes an irate piss-pot (naturally not including myself)

Just covering all the bases…

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 5, 2001, 12:34 PM
To all of those Anti-John123 people (not including myself) running MacOSX run OmniDictionary and look at the listing for "John" numbers 1 and 4.

spikey
Sep 5, 2001, 12:43 PM
"piss poor comments"
lol, thats a bit much coming from a dick like you.

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 5, 2001, 12:46 PM
Just because I have to throw my dick over my shoulder when I piss so it doesn't toutch the water hardly seems like a relevant topic.

spikey
Sep 5, 2001, 12:56 PM
lol, i was quoting john.
and i said he WAS a dick, not he had one.

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 5, 2001, 01:01 PM
Good news for me. I thought it seemed out of character for you. It's you me and Kela vs Joh123 and MnkeyBssness. Note that dick thing is a concept from "The Man Show"

: ¬)

mnkeybsness
Sep 5, 2001, 06:57 PM
hey, i got no beefs with spikey
masterx and kela just annoy the **** out of me, i don't have all that time to write tons of insults, all i do is tell the two of you that you are retarded cause you annoy me often, a lot of your comments/remarks, are great, but when someone gets on my nerves, i let them know it. john just pisses me off and that's that.

arn
Sep 5, 2001, 11:26 PM
Keep it clean guys...

this thread is dead....

Users will be deleted for offensive posts...

arn