PDA

View Full Version : Online Apple Store iPhone Orders Shipping July 6th

MacRumors
Jul 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Despite citing 2-4 week delays in iPhone shipments made from the online Apple Store (http://store.apple.com), Apple has notified some customers that their iPhones will ship by July 6th (Friday):

Good news! We're happy to let you know your iPhone will ship by July 6th, 2007. Visit Order Status for the most current information on your order. iPhone orders will ship in the order they were placed. We're working hard to ship your iPhone as soon as possible. Thank you again for shopping on the online Apple Store.

Apple started accepting online orders for iPhones on June 29th at 6pm PT.

plumbingandtech
Jul 2, 2007, 03:54 PM
Hope the Bluetooth voice/ear deals go out too.

yoman
Jul 2, 2007, 04:01 PM
This is good news. Maybe I'll be ordering one soon. :)

dr_lha
Jul 2, 2007, 04:22 PM
No such email to me yet, my order is still listed as 2-4 weeks. That said I didn't order until yesterday.

Kenny Pollock
Jul 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
This post convinced me to purchase one online.

Hopefully it doesn't take 2-4 weeks, just placed the order 20 seconds ago.

usasalazar
Jul 2, 2007, 05:24 PM
This post convinced me to purchase one online.

Hopefully it doesn't take 2-4 weeks, just placed the order 20 seconds ago.

Me too - The guy at the apple store said they don't charge until shipped so if I happen to come across one sooner I can but it and cancel the web order. If the apple store gets another batch tomorrow I'm all over it!

dr_lha
Jul 2, 2007, 06:13 PM
No such email to me yet, my order is still listed as 2-4 weeks. That said I didn't order until yesterday.
OK. I just got the email, it says it will ship "before July 13th". So I guess just over 2 weeks.

bluefire75
Jul 2, 2007, 08:33 PM
"To Our Valued Apple Customer:
Good news! We're happy to let you know your iPhone will ship by July
9th, 2007."

I also ordered some accessories for the iPhone (case and car charger), but those won't ship out until the 17th.

MauiMac
Jul 2, 2007, 08:43 PM
Why don't you all just go to your nearest Apple or AT&T store and pick an iPhone up? :confused:

dr_lha
Jul 2, 2007, 08:52 PM
Why don't you all just go to your nearest Apple or AT&T store and pick an iPhone up? :confused:

1) Because they sold out.

2) I don't want to have to keep going back to see when then get them in. I had enough of that with the Wii.

3) Because I ****ing hate dealing with cell phone salesmen.

I can wait a couple of weeks if I know I'm going to get one with no hassle.

bluefire75
Jul 2, 2007, 09:54 PM

2) I don't want to have to keep going back to see when then get them in. I had enough of that with the Wii.

I second that. Let alone, I ordered other Apple products at the same I ordered the iPhone. Call it laziness, that's fine...for me it's convenience.

BluFish
Jul 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
I went to the AT&T store on Saturday afternoon and I'm having them direct ship it to me. They said they would be shipping this week. We shall see...

NevadaJack
Jul 3, 2007, 10:22 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Despite citing 2-4 week delays in iPhone shipments made from the online Apple Store (http://store.apple.com), Apple has notified some customers that their iPhones will ship by July 6th (Friday):

Apple started accepting online orders for iPhones on June 29th at 6pm PT.

I received this yesterday...ordered at 6:12PM on the 29th.

Yankees 4 Life
Jul 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
now if i could just get my bluetooth headset shipped already...

Peel
Jul 3, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hope the Bluetooth voice/ear deals go out too.

Same here. But these aren't even in the store yet (or at least weren't when I checked Sunday evening). I like how small and sleek the Apple bluetooth headset looks.

Yankees 4 Life
Jul 3, 2007, 01:38 PM
Same here. But these aren't even in the store yet (or at least weren't when I checked Sunday evening). I like how small and sleek the Apple bluetooth headset looks.

yea they say they dont know when they are supposed to arrive in stores... but i really really want one

medea
Jul 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
mines says it will ship by july 13th with arrival by the 17th....
damn, that is too long.

staz
Jul 3, 2007, 08:04 PM
Just checked my order status:

Order Status: Prepared for shipment
Ships by: Jul 6
Delivers by: Jul 10 - Jul 12

Placed the order through apple.com on iDay promptly at 6:00 PDT. They're beating that "two to four weeks" significantly, as expected.

Woot!

hatcher146
Jul 3, 2007, 09:26 PM
Just checked my order status:

Order Status: Prepared for shipment
Ships by: Jul 6
Delivers by: Jul 10 - Jul 12

Placed the order through apple.com on iDay promptly at 6:00 PDT. They're beating that "two to four weeks" significantly, as expected.

Woot!

congrats! im still planning on going to an apple store. does anyone know how often apple stores get shipments? maybe when they run ALL the way out? or a few a day? anyone know? thanks.

NevadaJack
Jul 4, 2007, 07:22 AM
Received email today that my iPhone has shipped and new delivery date is "by July 9th." Tracking indicates it is coming directly from China and was shipped July 4th using FedEx. I have received other Apple products directly from China and gotten them in 2-3 days so hoping the connections are good and maybe get a Friday delivery...:)

dr_lha
Jul 4, 2007, 04:52 PM
Received email today that my iPhone has shipped and new delivery date is "by July 9th." Tracking indicates it is coming directly from China and was shipped July 4th using FedEx. I have received other Apple products directly from China and gotten them in 2-3 days so hoping the connections are good and maybe get a Friday delivery...:)
This is why I never bother with the 2 day shipping. Most of the time the items come direct from China and it doesn't matter how fast shipping you use, they arrive in 2-3 days. Free shipping FTW.

rwdebes
Jul 4, 2007, 05:12 PM

so wait.

fithian
Jul 4, 2007, 09:08 PM

I also received notice that the iPhones I ordered have shipped by FedEx. I ordered at 6:04 PT on Friday. Should be here by Friday or Monday. No Independence Day in China.

Eph

dr_lha
Jul 4, 2007, 10:43 PM
so wait.
I am thanks. :confused:

fithian
Jul 4, 2007, 10:51 PM
Got the same email, but it shipped on July 4 from China. Expected delivery on July 9. Or sooner.

dashboard
Jul 5, 2007, 02:40 AM
Mine will ship by the 20th of July, estimated delivery between the 24th and 26th.

hanzoh
Jul 5, 2007, 03:01 AM
Mine will ship by the 20th of July, estimated delivery between the 24th and 26th.

Mine too. Is there any chance, that the shipping will happen BEFORE this date? I really need it to arrive the latest at 23rd...

Would it be helpful to upgrade to Express Shipping?

dashboard
Jul 5, 2007, 06:27 AM
Yeah if you need it by the 23rd, upgrading to express would probably be a good idea, although the 23rd is a Saturday, so it would have to be delivered by Friday the 22nd. You might want to consider, once they replenish the supply of iphones in the physical apple stores, buying one there and canceling your online order, as that would ensure you would have an iphone by the 23rd.

hanzoh
Jul 5, 2007, 07:33 AM
Yeah if you need it by the 23rd, upgrading to express would probably be a good idea, although the 23rd is a Saturday, so it would have to be delivered by Friday the 22nd. You might want to consider, once they replenish the supply of iphones in the physical apple stores, buying one there and canceling your online order, as that would ensure you would have an iphone by the 23rd.

On my calendar, the 23rd is a Monday :)

My friend is currently an au pair in the US and will come home on 24th, that's why I need it by then to arrive. There are some finance-transfer problems, so me paying with my credit card was the best solution, as she is very busy at the moment.

Anyway, I will give the hotline a call now and see what they can do, maybe the 20th is just a very cautious date, as it were with all my other orders at Apple (which in contrast to the iPhone were stated as "available in 24hrs" though)...

NevadaJack
Jul 5, 2007, 07:48 AM
Status this morning shows my iPhone departed Indianapolis, IN at 4:50AM. Should make it to LV by Friday morning and hoping for delivery that day.:)

hanzoh
Jul 5, 2007, 07:51 AM
I just spoke with the hotline and the guy told me, that express shipping wouldn't really help, but he was very confident, that the shipping date (20th) will change positively. Due to the holiday yesterday and all the online orders at once, they are kinda busy down there in China, but they are trying to get them out now as soon as possible, so here's to hoping that it WILL arrive earlier.

staz
Jul 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
"2 to 4 weeks"?
How about "less than 1 week"?

http://users.adelphia.net/~jdtrombley/fbl05/update.jpg

BluFish
Jul 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
I ordered my phone from AT&T on the 30th. I went to the store (of course they were sold out) so I had them direct ship it to me. Got an email this morning that it has shipped (from Ft. Worth) and I'll have it tomorrow (I opted to pay an extra $6 or so and had them ship it overnight). Has anyone else tried to order from AT&T directly?

dr_lha
Jul 5, 2007, 10:46 AM
I just spoke with the hotline and the guy told me, that express shipping wouldn't really help.
Indeed, as I said above if they're shipping direct from China they already use the fastest shipping available. Paying extra for 2 day shipping is just giving Apple extra profits!

KauaiBruce
Jul 5, 2007, 01:11 PM
In MY case paying for the extra shipping will be well worth it. Our local Fed Ex on Kauai will let packages sit on the truck for days until the 'estimated delivery date' hits.

Once in a while I get lucky but most of the time my packages from them are in the state of "On truck for delivery" until that date hits. The last time was getting me pretty mad because it was there for 5 days. The box was even a little damp from our local humidity but thankfully the contents were fine.

BTW: I ordered on the 30th 11am HI Time. Mine is marked for shipping July 13 with delivery on the 17th.

etaylor3971
Jul 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
I live in San Diego and ordered June 29th a few minutes after 6pm - stated 2-4 weeks for delivery at that time, then would ship by July 6th. Should have it by 1030am this morning as it is "On the Truck for Delivery" - (FedEx).

Cheers!:)

vitasenza
Jul 6, 2007, 11:38 AM
I'm only slightly concerned right now. I placed my order 7 minutes after 6 on the 29th and up till now my tracking stuff was looking good, but now I have an additional in transit line from China after previous info was from Indiana :confused:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/jonb2002/Test%20pics/shippingtransit.jpg

My expected delivery time isn't untill the 9th so I'm hoping I don't have to get angry with fedex/apple for any reason :D

wrtm
Jul 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
What do you make of this FedEx tracking info?

Jul 6, 2007
7:38 PM In transit SHENZHEN CN
12:59 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
12:24 AM Int'l shipment release INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Jul 5, 2007
3:05 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
12:52 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
7:36 PM In transit SHENZHEN CN

Jul 4, 2007 5:51 PM Left origin SHENZHEN CN

KauaiBruce
Jul 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
I HAVE seen this in the past when getting stuff from the other side of the international date line. Sometimes the date sorting on the Fed Ex site does not match up.

Either that or a lot of people who work in customs now own some iPhones.:D
(probably just a computer glitch. It just says In Transit, not that they HAVE it there)

vitasenza
Jul 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
I understand the fact that it shows times (arrival/departure ect) in the time zone of that area, rather than formatting them to my speciffic time zone, it's kind of cool really to see somthing shipped at 7pm and arrive at another location at 12pm the same day (ahhh time warp :p )

What I would like to know is why there is departure info from China on the 5th, tracking info continues on to Alaska and Indiana, then tracking info shows in transit from China again and as of 1:44pm July 6th is in Alaska again.

Looking at etaylor's post just above his was already "on truck for delivery" so why the double shipping in this case?

Whatever the reason for the odd tracking info, as long as it's here by Monday I wont be complaining. I paid the extra money for the faster shipping (although I doubt if that was needed), if it goes beyond Monday I will certainly be calling apple for a refund on that $10.00 ;)

*EDIT*
On second thought I paid 10 bucks for 2 day shipping (business days of course). The 4th was a holiday of course, but then 5th and 6th would be 2 days... hmm...

ajhill
Jul 7, 2007, 01:48 AM
The rumor is that 1 million iPhones have been activated in the first week. However a recent poll on another site (not that I read anything but MacRumors) listed 28% of buyers of the iPhone as having placed their orders thru the Online Apple store. Which means that there could be another wave of 280,000 activations this weekend when those initial iPhone online orders get delivered.

1.25 million in just over a week?!@ Now that's nothing to sneeze at.

However it's just the beginning. I know I have personally talked three people into purchasing an iPhone. What with all the demos I have had to conduct this past week. Not to mention the those people who are not necessarily Apple Early Adopters, but just tech early adopters in general. When they see this phone in all it's glory, they are going to want one.

I'm really interested in just 2 numbers. 1. How many iPhones have been sold?, and 2. How much of my montly bill does Apple get?

With just 2 days of iPhone sales falling into the last quarter that Apple is about to report lets hope they see fit to give us those numbers.

How big of a chunk of the monthly bill was TOO BIG for Verizon? and yet not too big for ATT?

One never knows...

Oh, and don't forget AppleTV. They have big plans for that. Apple has the video rental business in their sights next. You really didn't believe Steve Jobs when he said that AppleTV was just a hobby, did ya? Hobby, my eye. As long as your hobbies include hostile take over attempts of traditional marketplaces.

Boy am I glad Steve Jobs is on our side!!!

wrtm
Jul 7, 2007, 07:45 AM
A lot of iphones showed up at Apple stores in the midwest overnight. CNN is speculating that a plane load arrived from China. I wonder if the first shipment of online orders was re-directed from Indiana FedEx location to Apple stores. A second shipment left China in time for a Monday delivery to online buyers so really it doesn't affect those deliveries. Could be that Apple decided to take advantage of the first shipment instead of letting it sit at FedEx over the weekend waiting for Monday morning deliveries. Just a thought...

NevadaJack
Jul 7, 2007, 09:06 AM
A lot of iphones showed up at Apple stores in the midwest overnight. CNN is speculating that a plane load arrived from China. I wonder if the first shipment of online orders was re-directed from Indiana FedEx location to Apple stores. A second shipment left China in time for a Monday delivery to online buyers so really it doesn't affect those deliveries. Could be that Apple decided to take advantage of the first shipment instead of letting it sit at FedEx over the weekend waiting for Monday morning deliveries. Just a thought...

Unlikely. Mine was shipped the 4th from China and arrived at my front door at 9:43AM on Friday (yesterday.) It was scheduled for delivery on the 9th. I also paid the extra $10 for shipping but noted my AX was not charged for the extra $10.

I think what Apple states on your order for shipping and delivery will be pretty accurate and no games. I don't think the store inventories are related to the online inventories.

http://www.nevadajack.us/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3427_1024_crop.jpg

hanzoh
Jul 7, 2007, 09:16 AM
I think what Apple states on your order for shipping and delivery will be pretty accurate and no games.

Are you saying that my iPhone will really not ship until the stated ship date (jul 20)? :O

NevadaJack
Jul 7, 2007, 11:03 AM
Are you saying that my iPhone will really not ship until the stated ship date (jul 20)? :O

Unless all of a sudden they can speed up the fulfillment chain I think the date is pretty firm.

It looks like they are "rationing" the production runs to meet online and Apple and AT&T store demands. All online orders are based on when received.

KauaiBruce
Jul 7, 2007, 11:17 AM
Mine is still slated to ship on the 13th. I will post if it ships before that. I will also be checking my AT&T store to see if they ever got more. :p

I wish we had an Apple store since those seem to be getting direct shipments.

rieux
Jul 7, 2007, 11:49 AM

I think it's likely you are correct, as you can see beow my order has come from China twice now.

KauaiBruce
Jul 7, 2007, 02:45 PM
The leaving China twice thing is really wierd. I can think of three reasons.

1. Apple determined a problem with a batch of phones and headed them off. (I DO NOT think they would have grabbed them to sell).
2. Fed Ex was robbed and they are keeping it quiet. (Or a truck wrecked. etc.)
3. Someone screwed up with a batch of prescanned paperwork and the actual Iphones were not actually in the crates on those planes.

Check your tracking number with the ones that are actually delivered. If they are different then it is #1 or #2.

r3dcloud
Jul 8, 2007, 04:18 AM
i ordered mine the first day it came out at 6 o'clock and received it on july 5 :)

hanzoh
Jul 8, 2007, 06:28 AM
I upgraded to 2day shipping now, so the 24-26th was replaced by 24th :mad:
Never mind, here's to hoping that it will ship earlier as in r3dcloud's example :)

ufmedrudy
Jul 9, 2007, 01:09 AM
Mine is also slated for the 13-17 timeframe....GOD I hope that this batch gets shipped early, like the first round did! :D

ajhill
Jul 9, 2007, 01:56 AM
Well, the latest rumor I heard last week called for 1 million iPhone account activations through ATT. Couple this rumor with a poll at Loop Rumors, or was it Apple Insider that said 28% of buyers had purchased from the Apple Store. Does this mean that Apple has sold 280,000 iPhones through the online store, IN ADDITION to the 1,000,000 that the Apple stores and ATT stores have sold in the last 10 days?

Could it be, 1,280,000 iPhones sold in 10 days? I guess people really like it.

Mulyahnto
Jul 9, 2007, 02:35 PM
Well, the latest rumor I heard last week called for 1 million iPhone account activations through ATT. Couple this rumor with a poll at Loop Rumors, or was it Apple Insider that said 28% of buyers had purchased from the Apple Store. Does this mean that Apple has sold 280,000 iPhones through the online store, IN ADDITION to the 1,000,000 that the Apple stores and ATT stores have sold in the last 10 days?

Could it be, 1,280,000 iPhones sold in 10 days? I guess people really like it.
Well, if you do the math, than 72% should make up the 1,000,000 iPhones sold in retail stores. and the rest should make up the online orders. So 28% of the TOTAL will be about 389,000 phones. for a TOTAL of 1,389,000 phones. (i.e. 72% of 1,389,000 is 1,000,000).

KauaiBruce
Jul 9, 2007, 08:30 PM
Has anyone gotten a shipping notice since the batch of people got them a week ago?

Hard to believe they have not been making any for the last week.

Is Apple getting them all for the stores and for AT&T and the people who do NOT have 10 AT&T stores they can drive to or an Apple store nearby just get to wait because they KNOW they have us?

BAH:mad:

ufmedrudy
Jul 9, 2007, 10:03 PM
I haven't gotten a new email but I checked the apple.com status page and it says" Prepared to Ship"....this happened around 9pm EDT....anyone know how much longer it should take?

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice since the batch of people got them a week ago?

Hard to believe they have not been making any for the last week.

Is Apple getting them all for the stores and for AT&T and the people who do NOT have 10 AT&T stores they can drive to or an Apple store nearby just get to wait because they KNOW they have us?

BAH:mad:

KauaiBruce
Jul 9, 2007, 10:18 PM
Rudy,
I saw you were also originally scheduled for the 13th like me. What time was your original order? Mine was "Order Date: Jun 30, 2007 at 01:55 PM PDT"

My status on their page still says Not shipped but my case had the "Preparing to ship" for half a day before it shipped.

ufmedrudy
Jul 9, 2007, 11:56 PM
June 30, 2007 at 03:26 AM PDT

Rudy,
I saw you were also originally scheduled for the 13th like me. What time was your original order? Mine was "Order Date: Jun 30, 2007 at 01:55 PM PDT"

My status on their page still says Not shipped but my case had the "Preparing to ship" for half a day before it shipped.

otis123
Jul 10, 2007, 12:47 AM
i ordered on the first, so im expecting ship time by the 13th so im hoping it will ship earlier

KauaiBruce
Jul 10, 2007, 02:40 AM
Ah Otis,
Sounds like I am in the middle. I ordered mine 9 1/2 hours after that other one and nothing is marked as packaging yet. I will see in the morning. If yours also says the 13th then I have hope for tomorrow.

Sadly, it had to be today for ME to get it by Friday even with the 2 day shipping. I will cross my fingers that it arrives by next monday.

My car charger came today. Got the XtremeMac one from the Apple site and it looks pretty slick. The Griffin Snap in case comes tomorrow.

That charger will be handy because I am flying to London in about 6 weeks and I will want to keep it charged on the plane. (That charger better work there). I will be in the air 17 hours.

hanzoh
Jul 10, 2007, 04:27 AM
Yeah guys, please keep me posted about your status! If they ship these on the 11th if the named date was 13th, that would be really good for my 20th/24th situation.

Off topic:
Does someone know how long it takes to transfer money from PayPal to Chevy Chase Bank?

dr_lha
Jul 10, 2007, 07:28 AM
i ordered on the first, so im expecting ship time by the 13th so im hoping it will ship earlier
Mine also says it will ship by the 13th. No update so far. I'm wondering if they're shipping a load over and that mine will ship from California rather than China. That would probably be cheaper for Apple after all.

NateTG
Jul 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
I checked my order status around 3:00pm yesterday (Monday) and it said "prepared to ship". My ship by date was the 13th and I placed my order at 8:45 pm 2 hours and 45 minutes after the online store opened on the 29th.

Anyways, anyone know how long it will before it ships after displaying "prepared to ship"?

KauaiBruce
Jul 10, 2007, 12:58 PM
Let us all know when it is "in the mail". I can only hope that they had a massive rush in the first several hours and that there are not 100,000 orders between yours and mine. :eek:

There must have been a lot of orders right at 6. You ordered less than three hours in and got the second week of shipments.

KauaiBruce
Jul 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
My Griffin Elan snap-in case just arrived. One fun thing about it is that they put a cardboard iPhone inside that looks good enough to fool people from a distance. :D

ufmedrudy
Jul 10, 2007, 08:50 PM
No update to mine as of yet.....maybe they're going to wait until the 13th??

KauaiBruce
Jul 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. Sitting in a "prepared to ship" state for a few days would make me (more) crazy.

otis123
Jul 10, 2007, 09:46 PM
nothing has changed on mine

padmasana
Jul 11, 2007, 09:54 AM
Mine is now shipping after a day of seeing the Prepared for Shipping status. No ETA, though.
I ordered mine three hours after sales began and my ship date was to be July 13.

NateTG
Jul 11, 2007, 11:22 AM
Mine just shipped! I got an email this morning around 7am indicating it had after a day and a half of saying "prepared for shipment". It still has a delivered by date of the 16th, but I'm guessing it will get here by Friday (fingers crossed).

KauaiBruce
Jul 11, 2007, 11:31 AM
I am sure mine will suddenly be marked as "Prepared to ship" right at the moment our local AT&T store admits to me they got some in. (The second it goes to Prepared to ship you cannot cancel the online order)

I finally got a different person (who was actually friendly) on the phone yesterday and he told me they do get some every few days. The woman who USUALLY answers just sounds anoyed that it is another iPhone call and just says "No iPhone" and does not encourage any questions.

ufmedrudy
Jul 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
Mine just shipped! I got an email this morning around 7am indicating it had after a day and a half of saying "prepared for shipment". It still has a delivered by date of the 16th, but I'm guessing it will get here by Friday (fingers crossed).

SAME HERE!! C'mon lets make my weekend!

Nick MAc
Jul 11, 2007, 08:31 PM
My current cell phone plan ends in early August. I am planning to buy an iPhone for my next service. I was wondering anyones advice as whether i should order my iPhone online or wait until late July and try to pick one up in a store. I live in MA, and every time i check the availability there always seems to be at least two out of the six stores here with it in stock. GAH, i can't wait to have an iPhone!

Thanks.

babePhone
Jul 11, 2007, 08:51 PM
Purchased my iPhone :) on June 29 at 6:30 and was told my delivery would be 1 week and will receive an email soon. 1 week turned into 2-4 weeks :rolleyes:confused:

Paid for Overnite Shipping and was told that whenever shipping is done product will be available next day:), but got this message from Fedex.

Ship date
Jul 10, 2007

Estimated delivery
Jul 13, 2007 by 10:30 AM
Date/Time

If anybody has paid for Overnite Shipping and/or has come across same issue please share

KauaiBruce
Jul 11, 2007, 08:59 PM
Where did you order it at 6:30? Apple online or at AT&T? Apple only offered 2 day shipping on their site. It would be impossible to do overnight from China. Where was yours shipped from?

In MY case the 2 day will be a minimum of 4 day. They always add the extra time for where I live. I am crossing my fingers tha they will really ship by the 13th as promised.

Purchased my iPhone :) on June 29 at 6:30 and was told my delivery would be 1 week and will receive an email soon. 1 week turned into 2-4 weeks :rolleyes:confused:

Paid for Overnite Shipping and was told that whenever shipping is done product will be available next day:), but got this message from Fedex.

Ship date
Jul 10, 2007

Estimated delivery
Jul 13, 2007 by 10:30 AM
Date/Time

If anybody has paid for Overnite Shipping and/or has come across same issue please share

powerbook911
Jul 12, 2007, 02:58 AM
Apple might refund the overnight shipping, if you ask them.

ufmedrudy
Jul 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
Now mine says expected delivery is the 16th :(

dr_lha
Jul 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
Mine still says "Ships by July 13th" which of course is tomorrow. We'll see.

EDIT: Actually one thing has changed, it says "Prepared for Shipment". ;)

ufmedrudy
Jul 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
Have you gotten the confirmation email from Apple that it has shipped? When I go to Fed Ex's site and track it....THEY'RE the ones who say estimated delivery is the 16th

NateTG
Jul 12, 2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, mine now says that it's estimated delivery is 16th by 10:30 am (estimated by FedEx and Apple). I was hoping it would get here by Friday, but right now my tracking information looks like this:

http://www.obray.net/images/shipping.jpg

It's stuck in CN still. Too bad, I would have been happy.

dr_lha
Jul 12, 2007, 02:13 PM
Have you gotten the confirmation email from Apple that it has shipped? When I go to Fed Ex's site and track it....THEY'RE the ones who say estimated delivery is the 16th
I've heard nothing from Apple as yet.

KauaiBruce
Jul 12, 2007, 02:32 PM
OMG. I checked 3 hours ago and Nothing new.

NOW I have prepared to ship. YEA.

At least I do not have to call the one local AT&T every hour today hoping they got some. Too late to hit that cancel button now. :D:D:D

ufmedrudy
Jul 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
I have exactly the same....must be in the same shipment....and I have hope that after the clearance happens that it will be in Alaska....it can't say it's in this country until customs clears it

When I called fed ex directly yesterday....the lady told me that as long as it's not held up in customs...then it would be tomorrow by 1030 pm....im in DC...so I'm still confident

Yeah, mine now says that it's estimated delivery is
16th by 10:30 am (estimated by FedEx and Apple). I was hoping it would get here by Friday, but right now my tracking information looks like this:

http://www.obray.net/images/shipping.jpg

It's stuck in CN still. Too bad, I would have been happy.

NateTG
Jul 12, 2007, 03:06 PM
For both our sakes I hope you're right! It's going to be torture if I have to wait another weekend :(. On the bright side, at least one other person is in the same boat I am.

Although, I'm in Idaho Falls and who knows how long it will take to get here.

KauaiBruce
Jul 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
SO, are you telling me that if my phone that is Prepared for shipment somehow gets cleared and sent first I should keep my mouth shut? :p:eek::D

sWaltuo
Jul 12, 2007, 03:35 PM
Ordered Jun 30, 2007 at 10:15 AM PDT and just got updated to "Prepared for Shipment" .. can I get a HELL YES!!

KauaiBruce
Jul 12, 2007, 03:54 PM
Ordered Jun 30, 2007 at 10:15 AM PDT and just got updated to "Prepared for Shipment" .. can I get a HELL YES!!

Jun 30, 2007 at 01:55 PM PDT

I ordered almost 4 hours after you and we seem to be in the same shipment. Orders must have slowed down a bit then after the initial frenzy.

I waited to order until people had time to post real user experiences and YouTube videos.

padmasana
Jul 12, 2007, 04:51 PM
On the bright side, at least one other person is in the same boat I am.

Me too ... or make that me three.
I hope our iPhones are behavin'.

KauaiBruce
Jul 12, 2007, 10:53 PM
Mine is shipped now.

Jul 13, 2007 11:23 AM Left origin

No estimated delivery date though.

It is so funny because it is still July 12 here.

dr_lha
Jul 13, 2007, 05:05 AM
Mine is shipped now.

Jul 13, 2007 11:23 AM Left origin

No estimated delivery date though.

It is so funny because it is still July 12 here.
Yes, mine also shipped at 11:23AM also. I guess Apple lived up to their promise to ship "by July 13th"!

GameFace27
Jul 13, 2007, 07:57 AM
Yes, mine also shipped at 11:23AM also. I guess Apple lived up to their promise to ship "by July 13th"!

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/731/untitled1copykj6.jpg

Looks like we're on the same plane. I really hope that Apple hooked us up and set us up for Saturday delivery!! HA HA! Well, I guess the 17th at 10:30AM is decent. I ordered June 30th at 3:55PM.

I feel like it's the night before Christmas! This is gonna be one LONG night til the 17th! HA HA!:apple:

blakbyrd
Jul 13, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ordered mine online right when they went on sale, shipped a day and a half ago. Will be getting it Monday. :D

KauaiBruce
Jul 13, 2007, 10:13 AM
My tracking is identical to the minute. Thankfully we did not get that extra day for Clearance the shipment a few days earlier had.

Mine is to be delivered by 5pm on the 17th but they usually come at 9:30 am.

I have never had the Fed Ex guy be curious about a delivery before but he was when I got my case delivered. He is delivering lots of small boxes from Apple all over the island. He was surprised that they send every separate item in its own box.:D

NateTG
Jul 13, 2007, 02:27 PM
Looks like the shipment mine was on is now your guy's shipment. Mine says in transit as of 8:24pm on the 13th same as you guys. I guess the shipment was awaiting clearance long enough that they just decided to ship them together or something. Darn! I was really hoping to get it today, but looks like I'll have to wait until Monday.

ufmedrudy
Jul 13, 2007, 04:02 PM
Seems that way....my new trick to try is if they get to the destination sorting facility tonight or tomorrow morning for that matter, I'm going to go try and pick it up there....rather than wait for them to deliver them monday...if I did my calculations correct...the plane should land in Anchorage this evening ( 8 EDT or so) ...so maybe it will fly into Indiana ...where they all seem to go before their final city destination....maybe this will all happen tonight hehe...so I can pick it up tomorrow

Looks like the shipment mine was on is now your guy's shipment. Mine says in transit as of 8:24pm on the 13th same as you guys. I guess the shipment was awaiting clearance long enough that they just decided to ship them together or something. Darn! I was really hoping to get it today, but looks like I'll have to wait until Monday.

NateTG
Jul 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
Good luck man! Mine is now says it's in INDIANAPOLIS undergoing something called "Int'l shipment release". Unfortunately mine won't be shipped directly to Idaho Falls. All packages usually go to Salt Lake City and then are trucked up here. At earliest mine will get here Sunday so I'll probably just have to wait :(. Oh well.

J2theizzle
Jul 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
Good luck man! Mine is now says it's in INDIANAPOLIS undergoing something called "Int'l shipment release". Unfortunately mine won't be shipped directly to Idaho Falls. All packages usually go to Salt Lake City and then are trucked up here. At earliest mine will get here Sunday so I'll probably just have to wait :(. Oh well.

Mine is also in Indianapolis, I live in Moscow, so it has to get to Spokane by 5 or 6am Monday for me to get it Monday. I hope it happens!

ufmedrudy
Jul 14, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well my plan may be foiled because it's the weekend and it looks like mine is stuck in Dulles, which is the local sorting facility which means it prob wont move again until early early monday morning to be put on a truck....oh well....whats another day to wait if I've waited this long

KauaiBruce
Jul 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
MINE is now in Memphis TN. This is good because it will go directly to Honolulu from there and then to Lihue. If it makes any Honolulu flight today then I could see my phone by Monday. hehe

ufmedrudy
Jul 14, 2007, 01:23 PM
Well Bruce, according to http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/FDX which displays all FedEx flights currently in the air....I don't see a memphis to honolulu right now....check every few hours though...you might be in luck...looks like it might go from memphis to Los Angeles and then to Honolulu

EDIT:

Did a Little More research for you on that site..... http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX901 is scheduled to leave Memphis for Honolulu today at 300 pm Central Time

MINE is now in Memphis TN. This is good because it will go directly to Honolulu from there and then to Lihue. If it makes any Honolulu flight today then I could see my phone by Monday. hehe

KauaiBruce
Jul 14, 2007, 02:17 PM
THANKS. The only way I knew there was such a flight was that that is the route my case took last week. If it makes todays instead of tomorrows I really could see my phone by about 9am on Monday.

The plane left Memphis 15 minutes ago. Hopefully the Fed Ex page will inform me I am on it later.

UPDATE: It now says In Transit so I must have made todays plane to Honolulu. It looks like there is a good chance it will be delivered on Monday. They usually do deliver stuff like that as early as possible and I know there is a flight to here very early in the morning.

Still in transit on Sunday morning but I expect that is because they do not update as much on the weekends. Still crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

MyJelleo
Jul 16, 2007, 04:46 AM
I ordered mine on July 9th and all I still have is 2-4 weeks. I hope something happens this week. I really really Hope!

dr_lha
Jul 16, 2007, 09:25 AM
Wow.

The status on Fedex hasn't changed from "International Release" and "delivery by July 17th", but my iPhone just showed up.

KauaiBruce
Jul 16, 2007, 09:32 AM
Congrats!

Mine still says in transport from Memphis but I am pretty sure it is in Honolulu or already here. Looks like the Fed Ex computers have not updated anything yet this morning.

NateTG
Jul 16, 2007, 09:43 AM
Wow.

The status on Fedex hasn't changed from "International Release" and "delivery by July 17th", but my iPhone just showed up.

Mine still says International Release as well, but I haven't gotten it. Hopefully it will come anyway like yours! Otherwise they are late because my delivery date was the 16th by 10:30 am.. that's today!

dr_lha
Jul 16, 2007, 09:43 AM
I guess I'm only 500 miles from Indianapolis, so it came quicker than they predicted. Still its odd that Fedex website still hasn't updated. Usually they're good about keeping things up to date.

ufmedrudy
Jul 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
try using iship.com

it updates faster

I guess I'm only 500 miles from Indianapolis, so it came quicker than they predicted. Still its odd that Fedex website still hasn't updated. Usually they're good about keeping things up to date.

KauaiBruce
Jul 16, 2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the iship trick.

My phone left Honolulu last night right before midnight so that means it should be on Kauai. I usually get that type of shipment within the next hour and a half. hehe

UPDATE: On the truck for delivery for just over an hour now.

dr_lha
Jul 16, 2007, 01:25 PM
try using iship.com

it updates faster
Thanks for the tip. Luckily I had it delivered to work so it wasn't an issue that it turned up early (rather, it was a nice surprise)!

Sadly I just found out it won't work on my old AT&T plan (pre-Cingular). Still I got them to upgrade me to the new AT&T family plan, I didn't mention the iPhone, and they're sending me 2 new free phones because apparently my old phone isn't compatible. As my wife has a almost brand new unlocked GSM phone she's happy with that'll be 2 new phones I'm putting on Ebay ASAP! :)

Still, means the iPhone will be staying in its box for the next few days. :(

KauaiBruce
Jul 16, 2007, 02:35 PM
IT is here. Waiting for activation now. Not sure if it should start syncing yet or not. Fex ex guy said he had a bunch of them.

ACTIVATED. Even got a great new very easy to remember phone number.

Good luck all!

NateTG
Jul 16, 2007, 04:53 PM
I got my phone at about 10am as well. Setup for me took 5 min. but it seemed to take a while before i got service on the phone. I was also disappointed that it took FedEx a long time to update their site, but oh well i gpt it anyway.

severe
Jul 16, 2007, 05:00 PM
Hey guys...

Ordered mine back on the 5th, with just the 2-4 week thing still showing. My bank account hasn't been hit with the charge yet. Is this the norm... not to be charged 'til it's shipped?

Thanks for any info.

KauaiBruce
Jul 16, 2007, 05:03 PM
No charge until shipped. That way you can easily cancel if your local AT&T gets some in before it ships.

hexonxonx
Jul 16, 2007, 05:10 PM
No charge until shipped. That way you can easily cancel if your local AT&T gets some in before it ships.

I ordered online and cancelled that order the next day when I got a phone at an Apple store instead. The charge was deducted from my available credit on my card but when I cancelled, it took about 3 days before my credit line was restored.

severe
Jul 16, 2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I had given up looking on the local level. Maybe I'll poke around now.

Seion
Jul 17, 2007, 09:43 PM
Mine was scheduled to ship the 20th. It is showing "Prepared for Shipment" as of the evening of July 17. Yay!

otis123
Jul 17, 2007, 11:00 PM
ordered mine on the 1st, show up today at 10:40am and the fedex guy gave my dog a biscuit! :)

severe
Jul 17, 2007, 11:45 PM
I'd settle for just the iPhone. ;)

Ordered on the 5th and haven't gotten past the Order Acknowledgment phase. I'm still at "Not yet shipped".

Been hoping for a "Prepared for Shipment" sometime before Friday. :o

MyJelleo
Jul 18, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'd settle for just the iPhone. ;)

Ordered on the 5th and haven't gotten past the Order Acknowledgment phase. I'm still at "Not yet shipped".

Been hoping for a "Prepared for Shipment" sometime before Friday. :o

I ordered mine 4 days after you. I'm hoping for a Prepared for Shipment this week as well. I keep checking for an update every day, and I grow sad with disappointment from seeing the status unchanged every day. Here's to hoping that a change occurs this week...if not, I think I'm going to ebay it.

Seion
Jul 19, 2007, 05:20 AM
Mine has now shipped on July 19 (Shenzen time), July 18 EST. Expected delivery Monday the 23rd.

Well, at least I have the Harry Potter book to tide me over the weekend =)

MyJelleo
Jul 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
Mine has now shipped on July 19 (Shenzen time), July 18 EST. Expected delivery Monday the 23rd.

Well, at least I have the Harry Potter book to tide me over the weekend =)

Congrats! I'm still waiting for something to happen to mine :(.

Cruzan2
Jul 19, 2007, 05:10 PM
Congrats! I'm still waiting for something to happen to mine :(.
ordered mine on july 7 and checked today and says ship by Aug 2 delivered by Aug 6 :)

severe
Jul 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
ordered mine on july 7 and checked today and says ship by Aug 2 delivered by Aug 6 :)

Same here. However, it's not saying much. I mean, that is within the 2-4 week time frame. The end of it, as a matter of fact.

I've known this since the 5th... the day I ordered. :rolleyes:

warmingup
Jul 20, 2007, 08:34 PM
Just so it helps inform others in the queue:

My order place on 3rd July,

Email on the 7th stating shipping by 20th.

Shipped on the 19th,

I live in Sydney Australia and it's a bit annoying tracking the Fedex parcel flying AWAY from me to the far side of the globe to my schooldays mate in Ogunquit Maine just so he can post it back to me!...Oh well the things one must do to circumvent Apple's "Grand Plan"

Warmingup

severe
Jul 23, 2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the heads-up.

As previously mentioned, I placed my order on the 5th. Sometime late last week I received the "Ships by: Aug 2 / Delivers by: Aug 6". And yesterday, the 22nd, I received the "Prepared for Shipment" message. :)

hexonxonx
Jul 23, 2007, 04:42 AM
Apple.com now shows phones shipping within 2-4 business days. Last week it showed 7-14 days.

Cruzan2
Jul 23, 2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the heads-up.

As previously mentioned, I placed my order on the 5th. Sometime late last week I received the "Ships by: Aug 2 / Delivers by: Aug 6". And yesterday, the 22nd, I received the "Prepared for Shipment" message. :)

Mine says shipped as of today:)

severe
Jul 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
Mine says shipped as of today:)

Me too! ;)

Shipment Information:

Shipment Date: JUL 23, 2007

Delivers by: JUL 26, 2007

askripko
Jul 23, 2007, 03:01 PM
Does anybody know can i order shipment to Europe. I know iPhone won't work there, but it's mine problem...
Any help...

severe
Jul 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
I can't imagine that being a problem, askripko.

I'm pretty sure they'll ship anywhere, to anyone willing to pay.

MyJelleo
Jul 23, 2007, 05:29 PM

Mine just shipped today. I was surprised that it shipped like a week sooner than estimated. I love Apple. Now here's to hoping that my screen is pristine.

severe
Jul 25, 2007, 11:34 AM
Came a day earlier than expected.

Now's time to see what all the fuss is about. ;)