PDA

View Full Version : Apple Expo Paris - September 25-29th. New Products?

MacRumors
Aug 17, 2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Apple Expo (http://www.apple-expo.com/) takes place on September 25-29th this year in Paris, France. In recent years, Apple has not used Apple Expo in Paris as a launching ground for new products. The last official Apple keynote speech was given in 2004 by Phil Schiller and introduced (http://www.macrumors.com/2004/08/31/new-imac-g5-announced/) the iMac G5. The last time Steve Jobs participated in an Apple Expo keynote was a PowerBook release (http://www.macrumors.com/2003/09/17/apple-expo-paris-2003-rumor-wrapup-winners-and-losers/) in 2003. There were no Apple keynotes for the 2005 or 2006 Apple Expos.

9to5mac.com (http://www.9to5mac.com/apple-expo-paris-iphone-ipod-event-europe-2355445767), however, speculates that Apple could use this year's Paris Expo as the launching ground for a number of European initiatives, as well as possibly the new iPod. Certainly, the timing of the event coincides with many expected announcements from Apple, though no official plans has been announced.

Apple revealed (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/25/apple-posts-818-million-profit-for-3rd-quarter-2007/) during their 3rd Quarter financial conference that they would be announcing the iPhone's european availability this quarter in "a few select countries". Rumors have pegged UK, France and Germany (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/04/apple-to-partner-with-o2-for-iphone-uk-orange-in-france/) as the first countries outside the U.S. to receive the iPhone.

September also corresponds with historical refreshes in Apple's iPod line as well as the end of Apple's Back to School (http://www.apple.com/backtoschool/) iPod promotion. There have been ongoing rumors (http://ipod.macrumors.com) that Apple would be updating the iPod soon with our Buyer's Guide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPod) showing both the iPod and iPod Nano being overdue for updates.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/08/17/apple-expo-paris-september-25-29th-new-products/)

psychofreak
Aug 17, 2007, 10:18 AM
New iPod please Apple :) Although I just got the battery of my 15GB 3G iPod replaced a month ago (now ~20 hours life) its getting old...

Eidorian
Aug 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
Computer hardware please Apple.

RadioStar
Aug 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
Steve's going to take this time to announce what everyone's been waiting for...

A new iPhone!

Also iPods are discontinued.

plumbingandtech
Aug 17, 2007, 10:23 AM
So...iphone euro...

Seems like apple would announce ipod-phonic video 6.01G or whatever they call it in the states, but who knows.

BKKbill
Any Apple event like this should bring some goodies that we can all enjoy. :)

TheChillPill
Steve's going to take this time to announce what everyone's been waiting for...

A new iPhone!

Also iPods are discontinued.

Pffft, it's obvious we'll see the Powerbook G5 here :D

Squonk
Aug 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
I think the new hardware (iPods) will still roll out prior to Paris. Do we really need another iPod keynote?

And wouldn't this be a bit too early to announce new MacPro's with the Penryns coming in Nov? Unless Apple will have the chips available early...

Nah, I just don't see them announcing new hardware at this event.

rubberduck007
Best get them Eurostar tickets booked people!!!!!

Mange tout, Rodney, mange tout....

ezekielrage_99
I going to have to say iPods... and hopefully coloured iMacs :cool:

BKKbill
Aug 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
I going to have to say iPods... and hopefully coloured iMacs :cool:

Colored iMacs man Eidorian is going to jump on you. :p

~Shard~
Aug 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
My guess is that we'll see new iPods, but otherwise any announcements will be related to new deals, iPhone in Europe, iTMS-related news, etc. - no other specific product announcments. It is too early for Mac Pro updates as we have to wait for Penryn in November and the iMacs and Mac minis were just updated. Apple won't update the MacBooks or MacBook Pros for a while yet either.

The past couple expos haven't been anything too spectacular, so let's hope this one has something a little more exciting in terms of announcemnets for us. :cool:

GekkePrutser
Aug 17, 2007, 10:30 AM
This is more of a page 2 rumor in my view... Nothing substantial, just guesswork...

dallardyce
Aug 17, 2007, 10:30 AM
Maybe it will include news of iTunes Store movies and TV shows in Europe. It's been rumoured recently that a UK launch was coming soon...

Eidorian
Aug 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
Colored iMacs man Eidorian is going to jump on you. :pI'm at a loss for words...

Columbo X
Aug 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
Any sign of those iTunes TV and movie downloads for the UK / Europe?

RadioStar
Aug 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
You're all forgetting one thing:

xServe.

Oh yes, it's xServe's time to shine. Are you excited yet? It's the perfect Christmas gift for friends, loved ones, and children. Give the gift that keeps on giving: a database server. It's that kind of brilliant, out-of-the-box thinking that Apple marketing is known for. We're looking at a game-changer here, people.

EagerDragon
Aug 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
iTablet Sept 25?

Squonk
Aug 17, 2007, 10:36 AM
Sure, I see these things being rolled out in Paris - iPhones for the UK and iTMS tv shows. And more face time for iLife/iWeb...

Caitlyn
Aug 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'd really like to see the MacBook upgraded to be equip for Leopard. Also maybe Nano updates, but honestly, the iPod isn't of much interest to me lately after all the intense hype about the iPhone.

sartinsauce
Aug 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
Pffft, it's obvious we'll see the Powerbook G5 here :D

I kind of can't believe this joke is still going around. I read MR for years before I joined and started posting. I'm guessing you did too.

We need a new joke around here. Any suggestions?

cheunghy
Aug 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
Remember Steve said there would be some news about the Apple TV 'soon'?

abrooks
Aug 17, 2007, 10:45 AM
Any sign of those iTunes TV and movie downloads for the UK / Europe?

Yea the launch is rumoured (http://news.worldofapple.com/archives/2007/08/08/tv-and-movies-coming-to-uk-itunes-store/) to be very soon, so this is a possibility.

But I have to disagree somewhat with Mac Rumors, Apple really doesn't like the Expo in Paris, past speculation has pointed towards adverse French laws (http://news.worldofapple.com/archives/2006/03/17/french-law-changes-to-cause-itunes-closure-update/) coming down on Apple causing Apple to pull out of France as much as possible.

Not to mention, who likes France anyway :p

Let's not forget Mac Expo London (http://www.macliveexpo.co.uk/client/index.aspx?page=2)....

Squonk
Aug 17, 2007, 10:46 AM
I kind of can't believe this joke is still going around. I read MR for years before I joined and started posting. I'm guessing you did too.

How about a 12" MBP?
Or the QuadCore MBP?

Alloye
Aug 17, 2007, 10:47 AM
My money's on new iPods. The current iPod promo will be over and the holidays will be right around the corner.

peletrane
Aug 17, 2007, 10:48 AM
Any hope of Logic 8.0????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously. It's been like 2004 sice 7, and the universal binary crossgrade don't count for squat!

ezekielrage_99
Colored iMacs man Eidorian is going to jump on you. :p

Or a Mac Pro with a racing stripe and speed holes....

:confused:

sososowhat
It struck me as very odd the way they updated the mini & barely even mentioned it. It seems to me either of two possibilities:
1) They don't care about the mini, but the processor-bump was a no-brainer
or

2) The real announcement is coming real soon (like Paris): they're finally going to introduce a mini+ (or whatever) form-factor.

Eidorian
Aug 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
Or a Mac Pro with a racing stripe and speed holes....

:confused:Front panel cheese grater = speed holes

koobcamuk
Aug 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
New iPod please Apple :) Although I just got the battery of my 15GB 3G iPod replaced a month ago (now ~20 hours life) its getting old...

Where did you get that done? I might consider selling my Nano and doing that to my old 3G. Saying that, I think the HD is also on the way out! :rolleyes:

trevorlsciact
Aug 17, 2007, 10:50 AM
I'm worried apple will neglect the iPod in light of the iPhone--like they did the apple II with the Macintosh. I'm also worried the iPhone will never take off. I fear history will repeat itself. :(

andrewm
Aug 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
Come on, Apple--give us an early Leopard release, just in time for back-to-school!

Compile 'em all
Aug 17, 2007, 10:58 AM
I hope they have some new about the Euro iPhone.

BigPrince
Aug 17, 2007, 10:58 AM
Is the Apple Expo have a "conference" like Macworld where you attend different seminars are various topics or is it just a showcase for company products?

Is it in English?

psychofreak
Aug 17, 2007, 10:59 AM
Where did you get that done? I might consider selling my Nano and doing that to my old 3G. Saying that, I think the HD is also on the way out! :rolleyes:

Cancom on High Street Kensington in London. The battery and plastic tools cost £20, they wanted another £20 to do it themselves I tried and failed to replace the battery, so went in to the shop and told the guy I'd pay the £20 if he could do it with the included tools. He failed and did it properly for free :)

fanbrain
Aug 17, 2007, 10:59 AM

And wouldn't this be a bit too early to announce new MacPro's with the Penryns coming in Nov? Unless Apple will have the chips available early...

I was hoping for a MacPro update. My Dual 2.0 G5 is on its last leg. I guess I'll just have to wait longer (unless there is another form factor in-between the MacPro and the iMac).

dazzer21
Aug 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
NEW iMAC!!!!!! ;)

cgmpowers
Aug 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
I certainly hope its redesigned cinema displays with a camera and IR imbedded into the display to match every other mac who has the isight and toys that go along with it.

MacPro people have been abandoned with regards to the software that's on the new iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pro's...

I want Front Row, I want the PhotoBooth (as silly as it is)...

Chris

vendettabass
Aug 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
Euro iPhone & UK Movies & TV shows.

thats about it I think!

do we think the iPhone can survive a £300 price tag as well as a £30+ monthly contract in the UK?

I'm still in two minds about my iUKphone

sartinsauce
Aug 17, 2007, 11:10 AM
How about a 12" MBP?
Or the QuadCore MBP?

Yeah, or maybe...

iTablet coming Tuesday.
or
New Cinema Displays with iSights on Tuesday.

How come everyone stopped complaining about iSights being a problem in their secret labs and Gov't agencies and such?

Wow, could I be any more OT?

mrkramer
Aug 17, 2007, 11:10 AM
I'm not expecting much since we havn't seen anything new here for several years, but I would not be surprised if it was the announcement of the exact date for the european launch of the iPhone. but I doubt that we will see anything new.

Mgkwho
Aug 17, 2007, 11:13 AM
New iPods on SE the 11th of September.

Apple will have an iPhone presence at Expo, and a press release, but nothing more than the European "launch." I doubt there will be a keynote.

If the upcoming MacPro revisions are minor, we will perhaps see them in early November. I doubt, though, that new displays would accompany them unless they are simply price drops. Dramatically updated displays would surely take place at a special event, if they are to be updated.

(I, for one, hope the iSight camera does not get built into the bezel. It would destroy the simplicity of the displays. They only need to get thinner and cheaper, IMO. Maybe that camera-behind-pixel patent? We can hope).

-=|Mgkwho

MagicWok
Aug 17, 2007, 11:17 AM
I certainly hope its redesigned cinema displays with a camera and IR imbedded into the display to match every other mac who has the isight and toys that go along with it.

MacPro people have been abandoned with regards to the software that's on the new iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pro's...

I want Front Row, I want the PhotoBooth (as silly as it is)...

Chris

see:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2006110314322775

~*~

Not holding my breath for anything either. Sorely dissapointed in no new iPods and I don't think any new ones will be announced due to the anticipated iPhone launch in Europe, to maximise iPhone sales.

I would reckon that new iPods will come out after the Euro iPhone market has settled. For the expo, more along the lines of everyone else in this thread: iPhone launch date / iWork & iLife facetime and promo's / Apple sales figures etc / Euro iTMS video content (finally!). I'd be happy with just the first and last of my expectations, couldn't care about the rest to be honest.

PumaGuy
Aug 17, 2007, 11:18 AM
Maybe the announcement of the iPhone in Canada and other locations:)

RMo
Aug 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'd really like to see the MacBook upgraded to be equip for Leopard.

Wait, is there something about the MacBook now that makes it unsuitable for Leopard? (Serious question, because I'm about to buy one. :))

fastbite
Aug 17, 2007, 11:21 AM
iPhones in the UK, c'mon hurry up!

psychofreak
Aug 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
Wait, is there something about the MacBook now that makes it unsuitable for Leopard? (Serious question, because I'm about to buy one. :))
Not at all, Leopard will be happy on Macbooks :)

erikistired
Aug 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
Front panel cheese grater = speed holes

how about a giant apple spinner on the side of the case? are spinners still in?

~/the macs been parked but the rims keep movin./~

RustyM
Aug 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
How come everyone stopped complaining about iSights being a problem in their secret labs and Gov't agencies and such?

Ok...I'm not supposed to say anything...but....
>.>
<.<
All those people are dead.

You didn't hear it from me.

propynyl
Aug 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
iPhone update 1.02!

Stella
Aug 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
1. The announcement of OSX 10.5 shipping date
2. iPods

notsofatjames
Aug 17, 2007, 12:01 PM
leopard shipping date seems about right on time, as does UK/euro iPhone release date. New iPods seems skeptical, as Apple always tend to do big launches in america. And if it is going to be a new widescreen multitouch flash iPod like all the rumors going around, it wouldnt be done at the expo in paris. It's not one of the big mac-events.

UK/Euro iTMS upgrades is a possibility (moves and TV), but arent the french trying to push through some legislation that bans the iTunes/iPod exclusivity. But I'm in the UK, so that has no effect on me directly.

iPoodOverZune
Aug 17, 2007, 12:06 PM

New versions of Cube and Newton are coming!:)

rsoerensen
Aug 17, 2007, 12:09 PM
While nothing in this thread is anything but speculations, i do believe that there is is a very good chance that we might see the announcement of iPhone/Service providers and possibly 3G in these phones. I don't think we will se any new iPhones, since Apple would like the european early adopters to buy their expensive "big" model instead of being tempted to buy an smaller version - because of that, i don't think we'll see another iPhone (if any) before later next year.

The iPhone is coming to europe in the end of the year, meaning november/december as promised. Since october is the month of Leopard it's a lot more likely for informations about the european iPhone deal to be disclosed at the event in Paris. This is the kind of thing that Apple would like to have people saving up for, and making it 3G and announcing pricing/subscriptions will probably make europeans actually think realistically about purchasing an iPhone - and put it on their wishlist for the holidays etc..

I'm definitely hoping for new Cinema Displays as well. With the iMac introduction this month, it has become clear that the flat panel technology has evolved dramatically since 2004 - making the iMac thinner than the ACDs while it's having an entire computer inside of it. Besides, it's pretty ridicilous, that the new consumer-iMac (24") actually has a larger screen than the 23" Professional-ACD. I'm not taking the 20" into account since most professionals doesn't really get anything from this screen - the additional few pixels compared to resolution of a MBP aren't enough to satisfy any investment towards this screen, so the only real options for professionals are 23" and 30" cinema displays. It should definitely see an update - also to showcase Leopard (if this isn't going to happen on the iMac). It needs to be thinner, with iSight, possibly LCD-backlight (Samsung are just rolling out their new 30" LED backlit displays) and additional input options to keep up with the fierce competition in the market.

Whether an Cinema display update will happen at this event or at the Leopard event is hard to tell.

Where not going to see any iPod updates just yet - wait for MWSF!

That's what i think anyways... iPhone announcement and possibly ACD's as well!

mustang_dvs
Aug 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
Pffft, it's obvious we'll see the Powerbook G5 here :DActually, since Pontiac has trademarked the name "G6" and jumping from G4 to G7 would leave many consumers confused, the new laptop will be the "Macintosh Portable 68030e" It will feature a compact 7" screen with 40 lines of resolution, battery life will be 20mins (with 30 D-cells) and it will only weigh 18lbs. (It will also double as a doorstop, for true digital lifestyle integration.)

xServe.

Oh yes, it's xServe's time to shine. Are you excited yet? It's the perfect Christmas gift for friends, loved ones, and children. Give the gift that keeps on giving: a database server. It's that kind of brilliant, out-of-the-box thinking that Apple marketing is known for. We're looking at a game-changer here, people.

Actually, xServe will be discontinued in favor of the long-forgotten Pippin, which not only will outperform xServe as a server, but will blow the doors off of the PS3 and xBox360... mainly because the minimum purchase quantity will be 20, and they'll be required to run as a multi-machine parallel array with fiber channel connections.

I'd really like to see the MacBook upgraded to be equip for Leopard.There's nothing that will prevent the current (or previous) MacBooks from running Leopard.

My money's on new iPods. The current iPod promo will be over and the holidays will be right around the corner.

Exactly -- the current back-to-school promotion ends on September 16.

Or a Mac Pro with a racing stripe and speed holes...Every racer knows that speed depends entirely on the number of decals applied to the exterior. (And $5,000 ceramic brake rotors -- which will be a BTO option on the next-gen Mac Pro.)

It struck me as very odd the way they updated the mini & barely even mentioned it. It seems to me either of two possibilities:
1) They don't care about the mini, but the processor-bump was a no-brainer
or

2) The real announcement is coming real soon (like Paris): they're finally going to introduce a mini+ (or whatever) form-factor. I hope you're joking -- the reason that the Mini's speed-bump didn't garner much attention from Jobs and company is that it's sold on relatively thin margins and it's intended to be the entry-level entry-level Mac. Besides, if you need to add a display, mouse and keyboard, the $1199 iMac is a better value than the Mini for about the same price.

Where did you get that done? I might consider selling my Nano and doing that to my old 3G. Saying that, I think the HD is also on the way out! :rolleyes:Flash memory still can't compare to the storage capacities of the 1.8" hard disks. In addition, Samsung's single-day production snafu is going to prevent it from being able to fulfill at least 25% of it's NAND flash orders for the second half of this year.

I want Front Row, I want the PhotoBooth (as silly as it is)...While it may be added, it's not a priority by any stretch, given that most MacPro customers are utilizing them for very serious (and processor intensive) uses. Besides, if you're dropping $3k+ on a workstation, it's likely you have the scratch for a $100 USB webcam or professional level IP-based VC set-up.

New iPods on SE the 11th of September.While September 11th is a Tuesday, it's nearly a week before the end of the current back-to-school iPod promotion, so it doesn't make any sense that Apple would introduce a major upgrade to either the Nano or full-size iPods at that point. The 18th or the 25th are the soonest I'd expect a new product in that segment.

iPoodOverZune
Aug 17, 2007, 12:15 PM
Apple III coming !!!

MrCrowbar
Aug 17, 2007, 12:21 PM

xServe.

I love the "Give the gift that keeps on giving: a database server" part. :p

johnnybluejeans
Aug 17, 2007, 12:24 PM

I have to disagree, I think this joke is more funny now than ever. It has matured into something new, like a fine wine.

gugy
Aug 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
I bet the new iPods.

September is the perfect timing for to start holiday season shopping.
I also would expect a big deal about iPhone launching in Europe.

MacinDoc
Aug 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
New towers or minitowers PLEASE!!!

The Mac Pro is very long in the tooth, and we need something between the graphics-disabled iMac and the currently overpriced/under-specced Mac Pros.

storage
Aug 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
Hopefully they'll finally release QuickTime and iPod docks in Europe.

ProFont
Aug 17, 2007, 12:39 PM
How about a 12" MBP?
Or the QuadCore MBP?
How about "THE xMAC IS COMING!!!"?

koobcamuk
Aug 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
Euro iPhone & UK Movies & TV shows.

thats about it I think!

do we think the iPhone can survive a £300 price tag as well as a £30+ monthly contract in the UK?

I'm still in two minds about my iUKphone

No... it can't work at all. £300 and £30 in the UK? No chance. There are some really good phones out now and around the corner for free on a contract. Also it has to be 3G. Also, it has to be on a totally unlimited data plan. Also, the plan can't be more than £35...

notsofatjames
Aug 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
No... it can't work at all. £300 and £30 in the UK? No chance. There are some really good phones out now and around the corner for free on a contract. Also it has to be 3G. Also, it has to be on a totally unlimited data plan. Also, the plan can't be more than £35...

As much as £300 and £30/mo sounds bad, im sure many people would. I certainly would. It's times like these I love my credit card! It doesnt fit the current market (its not free), but from what i gather, it was the same in the US, and the iPhone broke that barrier. It will be on an unlimited data, it would be stupid not to, and since edge is non existant in UK, i would hope 3G, but i still doubt it.

rest44
Aug 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
What I think would happen:

- iPhone release in Europe

- New iPods

- Mac Pro update (maybe)

- Logic 8 (to release at same time as leopard)

What I wanted to happen (that isn´t listed above):

-iPhone 2.0

- All black iMac (or all aluminium) with matte display, and acessories matching the looks.

- Ultra portable laptop

maccompaq
Aug 17, 2007, 12:58 PM
iPhone II unlocked

Mac Mini Maxi

10" Mac Tablet

Then watch the stock shoot up again.

koobcamuk
Aug 17, 2007, 12:58 PM
As much as £300 and £30/mo sounds bad, im sure many people would. I certainly would. It's times like these I love my credit card! It doesnt fit the current market (its not free), but from what i gather, it was the same in the US, and the iPhone broke that barrier. It will be on an unlimited data, it would be stupid not to, and since edge is non existant in UK, i would hope 3G, but i still doubt it.

There are better deals out there. A lot of people are starting to realise that we're being ripped off in the UK. I threatened to leave Vodafone (in our saturated market) and they offered me 250 anytime any network minutes and 500 texts with 5MB of data for £15 a month. I don't want to increase my tariff. A phone is a phone. Gadgets are cool, but I really couldn't understand how someone would spend over £600 ($1200) in a year on a mobile phone. Also, if they do the usual conversion, the iPhone might be as much as £500 :rolleyes:

mirffy
Aug 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
If it's iTMS-TV shows then I can only hope that they won't make the same mistake like with the music....

Why should I not be able to buy album a if it is offered in iTMS Britain if I can only buy stuff from iTMS Germany??!?!?! :mad: One of the few things I absolutely despise about iTMS

Oh, and they better not restrict buyers SOLY to a dubbed version of TV shows :mad:

Clive At Five
Aug 17, 2007, 01:03 PM

Apple Pippin 2 next Tuesday?

-Clive

aswitcher
Aug 17, 2007, 01:04 PM
What I think would happen:

- iPhone release in Europe

- New iPods

- Mac Pro update (maybe)

- Logic 8 (to release at same time as leopard)

What I wanted to happen (that isn´t listed above):

-iPhone 2.0

- All black iMac (or all aluminium) with matte display, and acessories matching the looks.

- Ultra portable laptop

I would add to this ACD screen up dates.

Maybe a new mouse to go with the new keyboard.

Don Bagles
Aug 17, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'm waiting for a 6th Gen iPod, and a 2nd gen iPhone.

iHerzeleid
Aug 17, 2007, 01:22 PM
Apple III coming !!!

27 Years Too Late.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_III)

RadioStar
Aug 17, 2007, 01:25 PM
September 25, Paris:

It was announced today that Apple Inc., manufacturers of the wildly popular line of Macintosh computers and iPod digitial media players, will discontinue all current lines of products. According to Apple CEO Steve Jobs, the company plans to focus on what had always been Jobs' original dream: becoming the world's largest fruit wholesaler.

"Red Delicious, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Jonathan. The many varieties of nature's candy. Starting today, we at Apple look to reconnect with our roots. It's time to stop entertaining the world, and start feeding it," Jobs told the assembled crowd of technology correspondents. "Can you eat an iPod? No. You'll die. Can you eat a Golden Delicious apple, grown by our expert fruit technicians and industrial produce designers, from the trees on our corporate campus in the lush hills of Cupertino? Yes. And you won't die."

Jobs unveiled a new line of products, including an entry-level Red Rome apple encased in a brushed aluminum container (MSRP: $299) and a premium model signed by Bono, lead singer for Irish rock band U2. (MSRP: $399) They are expected to hit store shelves October 11.

FiveEcco
Aug 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
German iPhone and new iPods PLS!!!!! I am selling my G6 iPod on ebay!! I am ipodless :D

Donations via PN :D

KingofAwesome
Aug 17, 2007, 01:43 PM
German iPhone and new iPods PLS!!!!! I am selling my G6 iPod on ebay!! I am ipodless :D

Donations via PN :D

Ooh, you better sell that G6 soon, because once they are announced and available the resale value will go way down. ;)

mandoman
Aug 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
* New itunes store Euro content (ie movies, tv shows)

* Leopard October release date announced + buy new mac
now and get free upgrade to Leopard when released promotion

* Euro iphone dates and partnerships announced (NO 3G)

* Maybe but doubtful, 6G ipod...

mdntcallr
Aug 17, 2007, 02:10 PM
My hope is for the following:

New Mac Pro's with blu-ray drives
New HDMI capable LCD displays
New Ipod
new mini iphone
Option for Better graphics card on imac

Virgil-TB2
Aug 17, 2007, 02:26 PM
It only makes sense to announce the European iPhone at this event, as to announce it in the US would be a slap in the face to all Europeans. Ditto for European related itunes announcements.

Then again Americans are famous for not understanding these kinds of issues. :)

I am not so sure about anything else though, especially the iPods. The same psychology that leads Americans to have no idea why everyone in Europe doesn't love them to death, would also lead to most Americans being "incensed" at a major new product announcement like the iPods being made somewhere else besides "the homeland."

It would be a very cool, and very mature, forward thinking thing to do, so *maybe* out of all companies Apple might do this, but I sincerely doubt it. Apple might be the coolest US company ever, but they are still Americans.

Don Bagles
Aug 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
September 25, Paris:

It was announced today that Apple Inc., manufacturers of the wildly popular line of Macintosh computers and iPod digitial media players, will discontinue all current lines of products. According to Apple CEO Steve Jobs, the company plans to focus on what had always been Jobs' original dream: becoming the world's largest fruit wholesaler.

"Red Delicious, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Jonathan. The many varieties of nature's candy. Starting today, we at Apple look to reconnect with our roots. It's time to stop entertaining the world, and start feeding it," Jobs told the assembled crowd of technology correspondents. "Can you eat an iPod? No. You'll die. Can you eat a Golden Delicious apple, grown by our expert fruit technicians and industrial produce designers, from the trees on our corporate campus in the lush hills of Cupertino? Yes. And you won't die."

Jobs unveiled a new line of products, including an entry-level Red Rome apple encased in a brushed aluminum container (MSRP: $299) and a premium model signed by Bono, lead singer for Irish rock band U2. (MSRP: $399) They are expected to hit store shelves October 11.

HAHAHAHAHA!

crazy.fool
Aug 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
my money is deffinetly on new ipods.

I work for a large electronics chain in the uk begins c ends with an s 6 letters work it out lol anyway the evidence i am going on is that for 3 months now our stock of 30 and 80 gb ipod video's has been very low and for 3 weeks we have been out of stock we have plenty of the shuffles and nanos of all sizes. Its the same for the whole area of stores ipod refresh here we come.

Wayfarer
Aug 17, 2007, 02:39 PM
Bring on the Euro iPhonic! :)

A Pittarelli
Aug 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
im going to guess that this will be iphone related

thejadedmonkey
Aug 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
<snip>
Flash memory still can't compare to the storage capacities of the 1.8" hard disks. In addition, Samsung's single-day production snafu is going to prevent it from being able to fulfill at least 25% of it's NAND flash orders for the second half of this year.

What happened?

And I'm rooting for new iPods!!! iPod iPod iPod iPod! It's about time I retired my aging 3G iPod (although with that battery, it's still going strong today).

wngraham
Aug 17, 2007, 03:13 PM

Safari feels snappier after reading that post....

alec
Aug 17, 2007, 03:16 PM

How about "Everytime someone makes a Powerbook G5 joke, I abort a fetus"

Cloudane
Aug 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
I can't see them doing anything Mac-related. We've just had a Mac event, and with Leopard coming in October (another big Mac event during which I'm sure they'll release new Mac Pros to go with it) it'd be too many clumped together.

European iPhone launch, sure.
European iTunes content, sure.
Maybe a new iPod on the back of that (it's been a while since it was updated I think?)
Perhaps a new Apple TV, again riding on the back of the iTunes/multimedia theme.

They don't seem like the types to give a release date for Leopard? They seem more likely to hold an event in October and say "look how cool this is, and it's available from today" like they usually do.

Can't see them doing a mini tower, as much as I'd like to see one. It just wouldn't fit in with the way their product line works, it'd steal a lot of thunder from the highly profitable Mac Pro, which is currently the only option if you want to add drives, change video cards etc, and being kept out of the reach of the bargain basement PC crowd for good reasons. Essentially they'd be giving in and creating an "Apple PC", which goes against everything Apple, at least these days.

sartinsauce
Aug 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
Safari feels snappier after reading that post....

Ha!

Snappier!

I had forgotten that one. Not enough people use/know about "Snappy"

offwidafairies
Aug 17, 2007, 03:30 PM
How about a 12" MBP?
Or the QuadCore MBP?

im down with that
and thats no joke :)
bring it on!

offwidafairies
Aug 17, 2007, 03:32 PM
* Leopard October release date announced + buy new mac
now and get free upgrade to Leopard when released promotion

that would be nice :)

EagerDragon
Aug 17, 2007, 03:43 PM

PowerBook G6?

EagerDragon
Aug 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah, or maybe...

iTablet coming Tuesday.
or
New Cinema Displays with iSights on Tuesday.

Wow, could I be any more OT?

Yup, iTablet.

EagerDragon
Aug 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
How about "THE xMAC IS COMING!!!"?

xMac your friends and relatives, the new xMac from Apple coming Sept 25!:D

Hehe, also sounds like drugs.

Gav
Aug 17, 2007, 04:02 PM
I'm hoping for either a line of Steve Jobs polar-necks and jeans, or a Steve Jobs doll.

Squonk
Aug 17, 2007, 04:20 PM
I'm hoping for either a line of Steve Jobs polar-necks and jeans, or a Steve Jobs doll.

=]

With a big G5PB belt buckle!

I can see it now - Steve Job morphs from Apple CEO in keynote to his impersonation of Zoolander on the runway! "That's Steve Jobs; he's so HOT right now!"

Oy - I think I'm taking crazy pills!!??!?!?!

twoodcc
Aug 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
yeah i predict new ipods

Peace
Aug 17, 2007, 04:29 PM
Apple is an actual exhibitor this year.Were they last year?

The Paris show seems a bit bigger this year.

alexm13
Aug 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

what about a macpro update?

JesterJJZ
Aug 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
32core Mac Pros please. :D I also need a new iPod.

JonHimself
Aug 17, 2007, 05:57 PM
I have to disagree, I think this joke is more funny now than ever. It has matured into something new, like a fine wine.

I agree, as unrealistic as it seemed at the time of the Powerbook G5 rumors, it is now EVEN MORE ridiculous to expect such a release. Although the overuse of it can get annoying

bananas
Aug 17, 2007, 06:05 PM
iPhone seems boringly obvious. hope we get something else too..

ok then, maybe new ipod nanos in 5 colors (http://www.9to5mac.com/ipod-nano-colors-3425232)

timmillwood
Aug 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
I guess someone has said this but it is late and im too lazy to read but...
because Paris is in France and France is in Europe maybe they will release the iPhone and iTunes movie / TV store in Europe.

Quickdood
Aug 17, 2007, 06:36 PM
I doubt Apple will announce a new Ipod in Europe. I believe Apple will use this event to release more information about the European Iphone release. If they are going to announce a new Ipod in September it will probably be on the 18th. I am not sure if Apple does this but I believe the new Ipod they announce will at first only be available in the US. I think they will do this because they won't want to do anything to take away from the Iphone launch in Europe. I see the new Ipod having a widescreen, multi-touch interface but no blue tooth or wifi. I say this because the FCC will have to be brought in to allow bluetooth and wifi and at this point I don't think Apple has time to go through the FCC for the necessary permissions if they aim for a September release.

On the other hand Apple could release the new Ipod in the European event and have it available in Europe but if they do this I don't expect the new Ipod to be widescreen or have multi-touch because it would take away from the Iphone. The only way we might see a new ipod announcement with a wide multi-touch screen in Europe is if Apple truely believes that not having wifi, phone, and bluetooth on the new ipod will be enough to encourage people to still buy an iphone.

bananas
Aug 17, 2007, 06:41 PM
the more I read about this event the more I get exited.

check this out (http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/animations/index.php?home=pro#games)

"Welcome to a new world of gaming pleasure – networked games, persistent worlds and online competition… this year, Apple Expo will give you the keys to open up whole new worlds…"

ibn.
Aug 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
i'm looking forward to a 12" MBP.

but i'm not as hopefully as i was. i'll probably just end up buying a 17" anyways in october.

but lets go iPod update! i think that the most reasonable assumption. but that will probably happen after the back to school offer is over.

FleurDuMal
Aug 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
Merom MBP!!!!1

quigleybc
Aug 17, 2007, 07:13 PM
they aren't gonna announce squat.

Paris expo is almost always a snore.

My guess is an iPhone EU service provider and that's it.

move along...

Malarkey
Aug 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
A few days ago I got an email from Apple reminding everyone that now's the time to get those iPods engraved to give as holiday gifts. It showed an image of iPods hanging from a tree, and there wasn't anything there I haven't seen before. It made me think that they really won't be introducing new iPods before the holidays. Why would they be clamoring for people to get engraved iPods now, only to get those people angry when a new model comes out? My bet is on new iPods in January, at Macworld. Too bad, because I've been waiting since 2005 for a widescreen iPod with a screen comparable to the Sony PSP.

Football1maniac
Aug 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
Apple will not release their new "Ultimate iPod" in Europe. They will have an iPod related Media Event prior to Paris, where we will see new iPods and iPod Nanos. But Apple will announce the iPhones release in Europe in Paris, and just go over Leopord. (Fun fun).

God Bless Steve Jobs:apple:

Malarkey
Aug 17, 2007, 09:45 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/03/02/next_gen_video_ipod_still_a_ways_out_sources_say.html

Eidorian
Aug 17, 2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/03/02/next_gen_video_ipod_still_a_ways_out_sources_say.htmlMarch 2, 2007...

Anything newer?

RadioStar
Aug 17, 2007, 09:56 PM
Apple has released new iPods before Christmas every single year since the iPod introduction.

There will be new iPods before the holiday season. September through November, who knows when, but we'll get 'em.

mustang_dvs
Aug 17, 2007, 10:34 PM
A few days ago I got an email from Apple reminding everyone that now's the time to get those iPods engraved to give as holiday gifts. It showed an image of iPods hanging from a tree, and there wasn't anything there I haven't seen before. It made me think that they really won't be introducing new iPods before the holidays. Why would they be clamoring for people to get engraved iPods now, only to get those people angry when a new model comes out? My bet is on new iPods in January, at Macworld. Too bad, because I've been waiting since 2005 for a widescreen iPod with a screen comparable to the Sony PSP.

That's a bunch of Malarkey! Apple's pushing the iPods hard because they want to clear out existing product in the channel. Last year, right after the education rebate ended, Apple introduced a new iPod Nano and bumped the full size iPod. While some people may be upset if they buy an iPod right before a new revision is introduced, it'll be a vast minority -- a) it's the nature of the beast with technology that there'll always be something newer, faster and cheaper sooner or later, b) the age of the current iPod is public knowledge, as is the implication that the iPhone represents the future of the iPod, and c) if they do buy an iPod right before a revision, they always have the option of returning it to exchange for the new model. Besides, Apple had no qualms about intro-ing new iMacs two days after 10+ states had tax free weekends that included computers.

ZachPruckowski
Aug 17, 2007, 10:47 PM
Apple will not release their new "Ultimate iPod" in Europe. They will have an iPod related Media Event prior to Paris, where we will see new iPods and iPod Nanos. But Apple will announce the iPhones release in Europe in Paris, and just go over Leopord. (Fun fun).

God Bless Steve Jobs:apple:

I agree with all that you said, but in addition, I could maybe see MacBooks in Paris. Apple will update the Macbooks again in 2006, and it won't be before Sept. 15 or after Nov. 25th.

SiliconAddict
Aug 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
*shrugs* If Apple doesn't come out with a new* iPod I'll simply spend my money on a new DSLR. Its either Apple or Canon. It depends on if Apple decides to actually do something other then OMG ITS IPHONE!!!11|||oneoneeleventyone

Yes I'm jaded. http://home.comcast.net/~jonnormand/icons/posting.php_files/icon_confused.gif

*New. a.k.a not warmed over iPods we've had for 2 years.

Erasmus
Aug 18, 2007, 01:38 AM
Front panel cheese grater = speed holes

Makes melted cheese on toast with the dual Clovers underneath, and the Crossfire HD2900XT's on top...

Expected release date 25th September, 2010.

Seriously, they have to do something about the games. Steve made such a scene at WWDC, and now that the iMac has had half it's brain removed to make it more "lovable", I swear, the best gaming machine is the MBP (Semi joke, I know the MP beats it, but only with a BTO GPU)

All these new games, and nothing Apple sells will play them on highest settings. In my opinion, EA means Crysis for Mac eventually, and that means we need 8800's or 2900's ASAP. Apple can't go on about new games when the graphics technology they use won't meet the game.

And all iPods will come with inbuilt phone capability, just calls and texts. And will not be on contracts.

EDIT: That link back there sounds interesting in relation to games, but back to my point, how can Apple keep going on about games when their best (and really, only) piece of gaming hardware costs like AU$5000, and still only comes with an old, old X1900XT???

EVH
Aug 18, 2007, 05:42 AM
I'm hoping they're going to announce the new iPod and plans for the european launch of the iPhone.

However, I can't see any products being released on that day.. more just an announcement, with the hardware coming a few short weeks / days later :)

BCNMacLovr
Aug 18, 2007, 07:24 AM
I hope a little more interest in Europe... why not a common iTunes Store for the countries with Euro?

If Steve wants to sell more AppleTV he has to launch TV Shows and Movies.

Cloudane
Aug 18, 2007, 07:29 AM
As a 12" PB user myself and having seen the 13" Macbooks, I don't really see the point of a 12" MBP. It's hardly any bigger and you get a far better screen.

A 13" MBP would be nice though!

Caitlyn
Aug 18, 2007, 09:04 AM

I just feel as though the MacBook's current video memory system is not going to cut it with the very graphical interface that will be coming in Leopard.

SactoGuy18
Aug 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
I do think we will have a "hardware refresh" of the iPod line on September 18, 2007.

However, I do think the current 2G nano is NOT going away. Apple will drop the 2 GB model, make the 4 GB model the "low end" model, make the 8 GB model the "mainstream" model (in up to 10 different case colors), and offer a new 16 GB nano. Apple will offer a new "intermediate" model that looks like a reduced-size 5.5G iPod but with either 8 or 16 GB of flash memory that can play videos in the same format now used on the 5.5G video iPod. And we'll see a high-end 6G video iPod with touchscreen controls with either 60 or 100 GB hard drives.

Chupa Chupa
Aug 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
Some of you must be in deep REM because you have really vibrant dreams. Do you really think Apple is going to give Europe, France especially, the pleasure of being the venue where it announces new iPods after its been such a PITA targeting iTMS? HA! Jobs has a much longer memory than you guys.

IF there are new products it will be Euro iPhone + some annoucement about Apple TV for Europe. No iPods. Maybe a Leopard ship date revealed but we all know its Oct 26 anyway (last Friday in Oct.)

Being as the US is the biggest iPod market Apple will save any new iPod announcement for its usual Fall Special Event.

koobcamuk
Aug 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
There will be no iPhone in Europe yet. Contracts are not settled. No new iPod.

Maybe movies on iTunes. That's all I think will happen.

kenaustus
Aug 18, 2007, 03:57 PM
Considering that Stave Jobs mentioned that there are a lot of exciting things in the pipeline for the rest of the year I would expect something to come out of Paris. I think it is a situation where Steve is not pissed at the French - just at the French politicians.

The iPhone for Europe is a good bet, as is a new iPod.

A Mac mini+ would also be a good line to announce in Paris.

New displays would also be very nice and an iSight camera can be blended in just as it is in the new iMac to avoid cluttering up the overall design.

The simple fact is that the Paris show provides Apple with a lot of free exposure to the media and they would be foolish to pass up the opportunity if they in fact have a lot of products lined up for the rest of 07. Time to take advantage of the opportunity.

maccompaq
Aug 18, 2007, 04:02 PM
The cube is coming back. It's time is now.

outlandos
Aug 18, 2007, 05:34 PM
Let's hope for new iPods, I am going to buy of those no matter what! :cool:

bananas
Aug 18, 2007, 06:11 PM
The cube is coming back. It's time is now.

That would be sweet. they could call it iQube :D

:apple:

http://vanilja.org/foo/iqube.jpg

zedsdead
Aug 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
My Predictions:

(1) iPhone Europe Launch
(2) Apple TV Europe Launch

Of course, these both mean that Movies and TV Shows will be coming to Europe...the only added thing I can see is the addition of 720p HD options (or the 960x540 Psuedo HD that Steve recently spoke about)...this would trickle to America as well...I can't see them launching 640x480 content in Europe as the NEW thing there...I really feel the video res is getting bumped soon, or at least the option will be there for both (since clearly some things will not be in HD).

Not expecting the iPods yet...Early-Mid November at the earliest, possible not until Macworld '08...especially due to the recent "email flyer" Apple sent out about iPods for the holidays.

Mac Pro's / New Cinema Displays likely to come with Leopard.

AidenShaw
Aug 19, 2007, 08:16 AM
...I can't see them launching 640x480 content in Europe as the NEW thing there....

Especially since European standard definition TV is 720x576 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/576i).

MacinDoc
Aug 19, 2007, 10:16 AM
That would be sweet. they could call it iQube :D

:apple:

http://vanilja.org/foo/iqube.jpg
Is that a computer or a food processor?

Marky_Mark
Aug 19, 2007, 10:56 AM
[Re: PowerBook G5] I kind of can't believe this joke is still going around. I read MR for years before I joined and started posting. I'm guessing you did too.

I don't mind what's introduced, as long as it makes Safari snappier :D

maccompaq
Aug 19, 2007, 11:24 AM

That would work as a Mac Mini Maxi as long as the top or bottom was easily removed to get at the HD and optical drive.

bananas
Aug 19, 2007, 12:55 PM

:D
ok then, it was just a joke, but let's make it more appleish. no more visible fan.

zedsdead
Aug 19, 2007, 03:08 PM
Especially since European standard definition TV is 720x576 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/576i).

Clearly, that too:cool: Forgot to mention the PAL standards. But that doesn't mean Apple won't keep the 640 Horizontal Ratio...at least I hope they don't. The iPhone can playback up to 720xN video, over 2000 bitrate...why not encode at that setting...on par with dvd's in most settings.

zedsdead
Aug 19, 2007, 03:14 PM
:D
ok then, it was just a joke, but let's make it more appleish. no more visible fan.

It would likely have the Apple symbol on top as well...like the Apple TV...or maybe a Apple Logo to the third power of something, ie. Mac Cubed...it wouldn't be called iCube...Apple wants the word Mac in all of their computers.

southerndoc
Aug 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
A 13" MBP would be nice though!

Agreed! I am holding out for a 12" or 13" MBP because I'm not a big fan of the glossy display and plastic enclosure of the MB. Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing a solid state disk drive. That plus LED backlighting should make for a very nice battery life!

t0mat0
Aug 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
From what i've heard from a rep from O2 hey've got plans coming out on or around 26th September for data plans (which they much need) broadband and possibly more.
Since O2 hasn't said definitively they've go the contract, (bar the recent website leak) this goes frther to hint it's true.

Shagrat
Aug 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
Ha!

Snappier!

I had forgotten that one. Not enough people use/know about "Snappy"
Maybe Apple will move into other food lines...

The iCrocodile Sandwich....we make it Snappy!

koobcamuk
Aug 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm with vodafone and I doubt I would change unless O2 have a deal priced similarly to the USA, which it won't.

From what i've heard from a rep from O2 hey've got plans coming out on or around 26th September for data plans (which they much need) broadband and possibly more.
Since O2 hasn't said definitively they've go the contract, (bar the recent website leak) this goes frther to hint it's true.

wade247
Aug 20, 2007, 12:35 PM
Could this be a clue that Vodafone will be the carrier for iphone in the uk?

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82896&stc=1&d=1187631331

zap2
Aug 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
It only makes sense to announce the European iPhone at this event, as to announce it in the US would be a slap in the face to all Europeans. Ditto for European related itunes announcements.

Then again Americans are famous for not understanding these kinds of issues. :)

I am not so sure about anything else though, especially the iPods. The same psychology that leads Americans to have no idea why everyone in Europe doesn't love them to death, would also lead to most Americans being "incensed" at a major new product announcement like the iPods being made somewhere else besides "the homeland."

It would be a very cool, and very mature, forward thinking thing to do, so *maybe* out of all companies Apple might do this, but I sincerely doubt it. Apple might be the coolest US company ever, but they are still Americans.

Wow.....you know Apple released the iMac G5 at the Paris Expo, and no one cared right? And over the years they released OS X beta, new iBooks, upgrade PowerBook, BT Mouse/Keyboard, iCal and iSync all in Paris....plus EMI/Apple with iTunes Plus was done in England, and no one cared.

Most people in the USA doesn't care where Apple talks about its newest things. You sound very imature about this whole thing, why would you care where Apple releases info about their newest product? If they do it in the USA, its because they are a USA company. Not because they hate you, or love America.

triskadecaepyon
Aug 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
I don't expect anything big on the video ipods to be updated, but the nanos I think will be upgraded more. Let's hope they suprise us.

Gumps
Aug 21, 2007, 03:36 AM
I think I am in a small minority, but I'd love some sort of apple home server. There's a real need to being together my MBP, apple tv and content to allow wireless streaming from a big, upgradeable NAS (wireless).

Plenty of opportunity for devices to allow streaming to hifi as well.

My ethernet HDD just does not cut it

knelto
Aug 21, 2007, 03:44 AM
It would likely have the Apple symbol on top as well...like the Apple TV...or maybe a Apple Logo to the third power of something, ie. Mac Cubed...it wouldn't be called iCube...Apple wants the word Mac in all of their computers.

What about the Macinbox? :D

Cloudane
Aug 21, 2007, 06:58 AM
Could this be a clue that Vodafone will be the carrier for iphone in the uk?

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82896&stc=1&d=1187631331

Interesting turnaround if true, however it looks fake to me - the word 'Vodafone' is a slightly brighter white than the other elements, suggesting it's been photoshopped in.

johngordon
Aug 21, 2007, 07:08 AM
I'm probably on my own here - but right now top of my wish list would be a new revamped version of Final Cut Express, with :

1. The multiple timeline functionality of FCE.
2. The ease of use of iMovie 08.
3. A UI more akin to Aperture.

That's all.

maccompaq
Aug 21, 2007, 09:52 AM
When iPhoneII is released in Paris, we in the US will be jealous, but the stock will shoot up to $160.

RobHague
Aug 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yes! The iPlay or urrr something...

http://laptoping.com/nvidia-geforce-8800m.html

A small mac-mini like system that packs a core2 and a decent graphics card. XD designed as a bridge between the iMac and Mac Pro ~ but for serious gamers!

Ok maybe not. But i can hope. :P

Ugg
Aug 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
Wow.....you know Apple released the iMac G5 at the Paris Expo, and no one cared right? And over the years they released OS X beta, new iBooks, upgrade PowerBook, BT Mouse/Keyboard, iCal and iSync all in Paris....plus EMI/Apple with iTunes Plus was done in England, and no one cared.

Most people in the USA doesn't care where Apple talks about its newest things. You sound very imature about this whole thing, why would you care where Apple releases info about their newest product? If they do it in the USA, its because they are a USA company. Not because they hate you, or love America.

Virgil's post was sort of silly. ~40% of Apple's sales come from overseas and I believe the bulk of that comes from Europe. Now that Apple Stores and strengthened Apple partnerships are springing up all over the continent, it makes sense for Apple to pay more attention to the Euro market.

People don't care about where the announcements are made, just that they are made.

bananas
Aug 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
Yes! The iPlay or urrr something...

http://laptoping.com/nvidia-geforce-8800m.html

A small mac-mini like system that packs a core2 and a decent graphics card. XD designed as a bridge between the iMac and Mac Pro ~ but for serious gamers!

Ok maybe not. But i can hope. :P

OOH! I would seriously pay $900-$1000 for a Mac Mini (or something similar) with GF8800M

:apple: plz, my credit card is ready!

maccompaq
Aug 21, 2007, 12:32 PM
OOH! I would seriously pay $800-$900 for a Mac Mini (or something similar) with GF8800M

:apple: plz, my credit card is ready!

I have been waiting for such a machine and would buy in a minute.

grafikat
Aug 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
Je veux un UMPC si vous plait !

http://i13.tinypic.com/4zisnsn.jpg

derekboyer
Aug 22, 2007, 01:36 PM
I don't know if this means anything, but I work at a major iPod retailer and I looked at the company's stock on Video iPods and it is only 138 of both sizes and colors. I don't know if this means that my company hasn't been buying them, or if Apple is cutting back on production preparing for an update.

ABM
Aug 22, 2007, 04:56 PM
i googled for some apple ipod mockups.... don't know what was posted yet.

http://techfreep.com/images/showtimeroundup1.jpg
http://techfreep.com/images/showtimeroundup2.jpg
source: http://techfreep.com

http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/2479-mockup.jpg
http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/2479-patent.jpg
source: http://www.trustedreviews.com

http://s147808562.onlinehome.us/applepete_com/concepts/iphone.jpg
source: http://www.applepete.com/

http://www.techmanifesto.com/images/ipodwide1.jpg
http://www.techmanifesto.com/images/ipodwide2.jpg
http://www.techmanifesto.com/images/ipodwide3.jpg
source: http://www.techmanifesto.com/archives/2006/02/10/new-ipod-video-is-touch-friendly/

http://www.realityx.net/pictures/iphone/iphone_7.jpg
source: www.realityx.net/category/apple/

maccompaq
Aug 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
If the headless Mac is not announced on September 5, it will be announced in Paris. Then watch the stock go up!

IPSY
Sep 5, 2007, 07:29 PM
Ive been waiting for to long i need a mac and the only one that has the performance i need is the mac pro plz let there be an update in paris :apple:

this pc is ******** me :mad:

:apple: rules

maccompaq
Sep 5, 2007, 08:14 PM
It did not happen today so I guess we will have to wait for Paris for our new Mac updates. I love Paris. I lived there for 4 years.

phytonix
Sep 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
iTunes Hi-Fi.

retroneo
Sep 5, 2007, 11:44 PM
Ive been waiting for to long i need a mac and the only one that has the performance i need is the mac pro plz let there be an update in paris :apple:

this pc is ******** me :mad:

:apple: rules

The Mac Pro can only come out after Nov 11. That's the date Intel the Penryn processors and new chipset are out. I'd expect around 2 weeks after the 11th.

Eidorian
Sep 5, 2007, 11:46 PM
The Mac Pro can only come out after Nov 11. That's the date Intel the Penryn processors and new chipset are out. I'd expect around 2 weeks after the 11th.That or Apple gets the chips early.

Gen3tix
Sep 6, 2007, 12:12 AM
New Mac Pro's would be great, but I really want some updated ACDs. Currently, it's hard to pick an ACD over a Dell or other monitor considering it costs slightly more, and has less inputs.

Other than Mac Pros or ACD updates in Paris...not sure what else is possible, since most of the other products have been updated fairly recently. New products? We'll see.

ABM
Sep 6, 2007, 09:16 AM
I hope we will see the iPhone announcement Europe there...

CWallace
Sep 6, 2007, 01:30 PM
I hope we will see the iPhone announcement Europe there...

Engadget thinks that we may see a 16GB 3G iPhone announced at Paris now that the 8GB model was reduced in price.

zedsdead
Sep 6, 2007, 01:40 PM
Engadget thinks that we may see a 16GB 3G iPhone announced at Paris now that the 8GB model was reduced in price.

I agree with this, likely both (8 and 16).

Really want those HD downloads for Apple TV...:mad:

ABM
Sep 6, 2007, 02:52 PM

That would be more than i expected in my hottest dreams till yesterday... I pray that we will see an 16GB version.

vendettabass
Sep 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
That would be more than i expected in my hottest dreams till yesterday... I pray that we will see an 16GB version.

yeah that'd be awesome! I really don't wanna be paying > £25 a month contract though! Very interested in this unlocking business I've been hearing - o2 have some cool SIM offers (http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simonly) at the minute..

can't wait for december!

carltabet
Sep 6, 2007, 04:03 PM

I'm on my knees praying with you but I think a 3G version is too good to be true! A 16GB model would be good enough for me but then they would have announced it on September 5.
It'll be announced either at Appe Expo or at Macworld 08 in January.

MHIoscar
Sep 7, 2007, 04:50 AM
i wan to buy a macBook Pro 17" but i wanna wait after Paris to see if new MBP are coming...

I hope :apple:

Cloudane
Sep 7, 2007, 07:56 AM
My iPod Touch is due to ship on the 28th, so I'll be kicking myself if they release a 3G 16GB iPhone to the UK on the 29th... but it's bound to happen :D Well, that's what eBay's for I guess, or the 14 day cooling off period as I think that applies from when you receive it rather than when you order it.

Not holding my breath though. 3G is a fairly big change, and the American customers are complaining enough as it is without Apple giving us better technology than them.

ABM
Sep 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
I'm on my knees praying with you but I think a 3G version is too good to be true! A 16GB model would be good enough for me but then they would have announced it on September 5.
It'll be announced either at Appe Expo or at Macworld 08 in January.

I think the same way... alas.

carltabet
Sep 7, 2007, 12:26 PM
i wan to buy a macBook Pro 17" but i wanna wait after Paris to see if new MBP are coming...

You definitely need to wait until after the Apple Expo in Paris. The MBP will probably get an upgrade when Leopard is released in late October, and if not, well at least you'll have your Mac with the latest Mac OS X. It's a little less than 2 months away.

Squonk
Sep 7, 2007, 12:45 PM
You definitely need to wait until after the Apple Expo in Paris. The MBP will probably get an upgrade when Leopard is released in late October, and if not, well at least you'll have your Mac with the latest Mac OS X. It's a little less than 2 months away.

The only updates that I could imagine would be a larger standard hard drive and possibly a bump to the 2.6GHz processor and then some additional BTO drive options. I doubt we'll see the 17" LED screens, but that would be nice.

aswitcher
Sep 7, 2007, 05:10 PM

I have hopes now they will release the mythical ultralight MBP 10-12".

MHIoscar
Sep 10, 2007, 05:23 AM
http://www.laptoplogic.com/data/news/images/3156/1.jpg
this will be nice....

yetanotherdave
Sep 10, 2007, 05:59 AM
My iPod Touch is due to ship on the 28th, so I'll be kicking myself if they release a 3G 16GB iPhone to the UK on the 29th... but it's bound to happen :D Well, that's what eBay's for I guess, or the 14 day cooling off period as I think that applies from when you receive it rather than when you order it.

Not holding my breath though. 3G is a fairly big change, and the American customers are complaining enough as it is without Apple giving us better technology than them.

I'm with you on that one. I've ordered a touch too, and my contract with vodafone has over a year to run, which is how I'm justifying the touch. I want the sweet touch/phone thing, iPhone probably wont be on vodafone, so I can't just swop the handset, the touch will make the year wait bearable and by the time my contract is up, 2nd gen iPhone 3G and more storage :D

Of course if iPhone does end up on vodafone I'll be selling the touch for a classic and getting the iPhone...

EvanLugh
Sep 10, 2007, 06:04 AM
iPhone UK better be unveiled! :rolleyes::D

the dr
Sep 10, 2007, 06:10 AM
I heard the G5 powerbook was coming...

ABM
Sep 10, 2007, 06:16 AM
I found this one...

Purported T-Mobile ad claims 3G iPhone for Germany in November

By Prince McLean
Published: 01:00 PM EST

A print advertisement rumored to have leaked out of T-Mobile Germany suggests that Apple could launch a 3G-capable iPhone in the region on November 12th.

Originally published by MacBidouille, the ad (also below) promises a version of the Apple handset with support for 3G-level cellular Internet access using both the US-friendly HSDPA format and typically Europe-only UMTS, with theoretical download speeds reaching the format's full 3.6Mbps.

Aside from obvious references to 3G-capable speeds and a suspicious one-off mention of a "16GB iPod," the ad otherwise describes an iPhone akin to the U.S. model, complete with a 2-megapixel camera and Visual Voicemail capabilities.

Electronista, which transcribed much of the German-language text, notes that the supposed "3G iPhone" would sell for 499 Euros ($687) including a coupon for the iTunes Store, and would be available with phone plans that all offer unlimited data and vary only in terms of general calling minutes and SMS messages.

An "L" plan would offer 200 minutes and 100 messages for 50 Euros ($69) per month; "XL" and "XXL" plans would jump to 300 and 400 minutes respectively for 60 Euros ($83) and 70 Euros ($96) per month with 150 and 200 messages each.

T-Mobile has yet to officially confirm its selection as Germany's exclusive carrier for the Apple handset, but has already been caught preparing support materials for the product, in one case hosting images for the product on its own website. Similarly, resource files embedded in the U.S. version of the iPhone also list "T-Mobile" as one of the handset's international "default carriers."http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/09/08/purported_t_mobile_ad_claims_3g_iphone_for_germany_in_november.html

http://files.macbidouille.com/news/200709/iphone_release_ger1.jpg
http://files.macbidouille.com/news

RossoA
Sep 10, 2007, 06:19 AM
iPhone UK better be unveiled! :rolleyes::D

God damn I hope so.

alexapplemac
Sep 10, 2007, 07:03 AM
ahhh

new macbooks anyone?!!!!

maybe?!!

PLEASE

EvanLugh
Sep 10, 2007, 07:06 AM
No macbook :D
iPhone UK :D

Havn't actually looked into a new macbook, guess I'll have a jander.

alexapplemac
Sep 10, 2007, 07:13 AM
whattt :(

why no macbooks....there are rumours suggesting an october realease and the apple apple is at the end of september...its a good few days long and all the ipods have been announced

.........plus theyve had the back to school promotion to get rid of old macbooks / nanos

macbooks?

i can't keep waiting!!! i kind of doubt theyll have the macbooks updated with leopard and then soon after have another major update with design, because thats what we're waiting for, it's the only white major product apple has left

rong889
Sep 10, 2007, 08:04 AM
I think the new hardware (iPods) will still roll out prior to Paris. Do we really need another iPod keynote?

iShak
Sep 10, 2007, 08:27 AM
must be the iPhone .. it would be quite interesting to see how European market, especially the European carriers react to Apple's new toy as it has already received fair amount of criticism across the pond .. and even more interesting will be to see how Apple reacts to a very different phone market and the associated dynamics, would the activations go smooth? would Apple compromise over how much say does the carrier has? any reduction in tariffs? phone locks? sim-frees? 3g? ..

I think it would sell like hotcakes for first few weeks but then once it loses the exclusivity and an unlock solution arrives it would go down rapidly.

Jade Cambell
Sep 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
So is there any new news on what's gonna happen at this event? 16GB iPhone maybe?

Squonk
Sep 18, 2007, 11:48 AM
So is there any new news on what's gonna happen at this event? 16GB iPhone maybe?

I'm thinking the 16GB iPhones will be out in early 2008. I doubt it will be out this fall. Of course, I do hope that I am wrong.... ;)

Jade Cambell
Sep 18, 2007, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking the 16GB iPhones will be out in early 2008. I doubt it will be out this fall. Of course, I do hope that I am wrong.... ;)

Do you think I should wait till the 25th to buy one, just in case?

Pants Dragon
Sep 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
CONCRETE Leopard date? Seriously, I know it'll probably October 31st, and that's okay, take as much time as you need. but give me a date to look forward to!

Alloye
Sep 18, 2007, 01:14 PM
CONCRETE Leopard date?

Let's hope so. The fact that we don't have one already is making an October release seem rather optimistic. I'm also concerned with how infrequent ADC seeds are being posted this late in the game. We needed to have an RC build by now. Apple has almost no time left for developer testing and feedback.

npdale
Sep 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
i'd like to see new cinema displays with isights built in ... who thinks this is likely??? :S

Cloudane
Sep 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
Well there blow most of the theories brought up in this thread!

Must be the French iPhone launch then?

Jade Cambell
Sep 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
Does anyone care about the Expo Paris?

If someone can give me a 100% solid, logical reason, along with evidence, why they won't update the iPhone in any way on September 25th, then i'll order one right here, right now.

rossgumbrell
Sep 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
Right guys, lets get this thread up and running again, its near dead!

What are the possibilities for this years expo?

OS X 10.5 Leopard release date announced - Likely
Macbook Updates - Likely
Mac Pro Updates - Possibly
Macbook Pro Updates - Unlikely
Cinema Display Updates - Possibly
Mighty Mouse Update - Possibly
16gb iPhone announced - Unlikely
European iPhone Launch Details - Possibly
New Products - Possibly

Any i may have missed?

Where are all the rumors? There have been none for this years expo!?!?!

:apple::apple::apple:

Jade Cambell
Sep 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, it's weird.. no rumors at all. I'm beginning to think maybe new Mac Pro's finally.

Complete overhaul of the machine. It's been over a year!

Peace
Sep 18, 2007, 06:36 PM
iPhone launch for France.

netdog
Sep 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
i'd like to see new cinema displays with isights built in ... who thinks this is likely??? :S

I think they have their eye focussed elsewhere.

netdog
Sep 18, 2007, 06:39 PM
iPhone launch for France.

After the fizzled London event, I fear this may be it.

Oh please let there be a Mac Pro announcement and a Leopard date.

Peace
Sep 18, 2007, 06:40 PM

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/18/steve-jobs-in-berlin-tomorrow-france-on-thursday/

gusapple
Sep 18, 2007, 06:42 PM

YES! BINGO! This is what I want (minus the Mac Pro, sorry, I will hope it comes out for all of you pros who need it) but I don't think that Leopard is likely. However, a Leopard DATE is VERY likely.:D:D:D:D

carltabet
Sep 18, 2007, 06:55 PM

Unfortunately, I don't believe Europe will get a 16GB iPhone until early 2008. The UK announcement that was held yesterday September 18 mentions an 8GB iPhone and I assume it will be the same for Germany and France.
Also, I don't think there will be 3G until next year.

I'm disappointed really, I expected at least a bump in storage space. Gonna have to wait now, this is not a trivial purchase, it's an investment!

Jade Cambell
Sep 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately, I don't believe Europe will get a 16GB iPhone until early 2008. The UK announcement that was held yesterday September 18 mentions an 8GB iPhone and I assume it will be the same for Germany and France.
Also, I don't think there will be 3G until next year.

I'm disappointed really, I expected at least a bump in storage space. Gonna have to wait now, this is not a trivial purchase, it's an investment!

So in that case I should just order my iPhone now, because I want it before January.

You really think there's no chance for 16GB on the 25th? What if England get's the 16GB as well, and he just said 8GB to not give it away beforehand and lose a week of sales?

carltabet
Sep 18, 2007, 07:12 PM
So in that case I should just order my iPhone now, because I want it before January.

You really think there's no chance for 16GB on the 25th? What if England get's the 16GB as well, and he just said 8GB to not give it away beforehand and lose a week of sales?

Well, if Apple was going to announce a 16GB model on the 25th, logically they could have done it yesterday. But personally I don't think it hurts waiting another week and see what happens, maybe they will really surprise us.

Otherwise, it will mean the European iPhones we will get in November will have 8GB. I don't think a 16GB model will then be released for Christmas because that's less than 2 months later.

Jade Cambell
Sep 18, 2007, 09:44 PM
Well, if Apple was going to announce a 16GB model on the 25th, logically they could have done it yesterday. But personally I don't think it hurts waiting another week and see what happens, maybe they will really surprise us.

Otherwise, it will mean the European iPhones we will get in November will have 8GB. I don't think a 16GB model will be released for Christmas because that's less than 2 months later.

Damn, you just made me want to wait the week out again.. but I really wanna order one right now.

I know i'll end up waiting.. so there's no point in bugging myself about it.

carltabet
Sep 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
I'll be waiting until the Apple Expo wraps up before I make a decision, you should too.
Hang in there!

Jade Cambell
Sep 19, 2007, 01:24 AM
I'll be waiting until the Apple Expo wraps up before I make a decision, you should too.
Hang in there!

Alright, I will. But we'll know ON september 25th, whether they're releasing a 16GB iPhone, right? I'm not waiting till the 29th.

huvas78@hotmail
Sep 19, 2007, 04:37 AM
Sorry, but all software is there (only Leopard not yet), but no serious update of the professional machines yet...

The professionals are Apple's most loyal users, and they're served last. In my opinion not a good move.

Let's keep hopes up for September 25?

Jade Cambell
Sep 19, 2007, 10:02 PM
So still no rumors on this event? This is getting insane.

mrkramer
Sep 19, 2007, 10:51 PM

don't get too excited the last few years there has been nothing at this event.

carltabet
Sep 19, 2007, 11:25 PM

After the UK and the German announcements on the 18th and the 19th, the iPhone should be announced in France this Thursday 20th and it will be 8GB.

Unless the Apple Expo reveals a 16GB model which I think is getting increasingly unlikely, you should go ahead and get the iPhone.

That said I still advise you to do it after the Expo wraps up on the 29th just to make sure all announcements have been made. There's no need to rush because you won't get it before Nov 9 anyways. I'm assuming you're living in Europe. ;)

Jade Cambell
Sep 19, 2007, 11:37 PM
After the UK and the German announcements on the 18th and the 19th, the iPhone should be announced in France this Thursday 20th and it will be 8GB.

Unless the Apple Expo reveals a 16GB model which I think is getting increasingly unlikely, you should go ahead and get the iPhone.

That said I still advise you to do it after the Expo wraps up on the 29th just to make sure all announcements have been made. There's no need to rush because you won't get it before Nov 9 anyways. I'm assuming you're living in Europe. ;)

No, i'm living in the states, and I want an iPhone really badly. I just don't want to buy one and then have them release a 16GB on the 25th.

carltabet
Sep 19, 2007, 11:50 PM
Okay so just wait a little longer to make sure you won't be pulling your hair if they announce one on the very last day of the Expo!
The minute the event ends on the 29th, if no announcements have been made for a 16GB iPhone, you can go ahead and get one.

But don't hate me if they release one at Christmas! You've had the 8GB iPhone since June 29 so a memory upgrade could be due by then for you guys.

Jade Cambell
Sep 19, 2007, 11:57 PM
Okay so just wait a little longer to make sure you won't be pulling your hair if they announce one on the very last day of the Expo!
The minute the event ends on the 29th, if no announcements have been made for a 16GB iPhone, you can go ahead and get one.

But don't hate me if they release one at Christmas! You've had the 8GB iPhone since June 29 so a memory upgrade could be due by then for you guys.

Why do I have to wait until the 29th? Don't products usually get released on the first day of these things?

carltabet
Sep 20, 2007, 12:20 AM
Hum... I think you're right, Apple does have a tradition of releasing new products or upgrading existing ones on the first day of an event. So then September 25 is your deadline.

Jade Cambell
Sep 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
Hum... I think you're right, Apple does have a tradition of releasing new products or upgrading existing ones on the first day of an event. So then September 25 is your deadline.

Thank god. I'm ordering On september 25th, with or without a 16GB upgrade. I'm only waiting to avoid the risk of them releasing one after I buy. However, if they do release one, I'll buy the 16GB for sure.

Jade Cambell
Sep 23, 2007, 10:49 PM
Okay, is this event even happening?

No rumors. No excitement. No speculation. No threads! Nobody cares. I think Steve is gonna stop at the border of France, call it a day, and go home. :rolleyes:

sblasl
Sep 23, 2007, 11:04 PM
I really don't think that they will announce an update for the iPhone for the US at this expo. Wrong venue & audience.

Cloudane
Sep 24, 2007, 06:26 AM
There's nothing left to announce! I always thought it'd be the European iPhone. Seems unlikely to be anything major from all I've heard about dodgy relationships with Apple etc.

My only remaining guess is a partnership with some French company (what's le French for Starbucks?)

netdog
Sep 24, 2007, 06:53 AM
There's nothing left to announce!

Huh?

Leopard ship dates.

Mac Pro Penryn updates.

iTMS movie rentals and more movies and tv shows made available.

More AppleTV news.

News feeds on AppleTV?

Cloudane
Sep 24, 2007, 06:56 AM
What I meant was nothing left specific to Europe. I think they'd announce Leopard etc from the States.

Mind, I forgot about that TV thing...

apotegma
Sep 24, 2007, 07:19 AM
What I'm thinking [hoping for] is that the 16gb iphone is very probable.....

- i think apple made the price drop and discontinued the 4gb to make space for the 'high end' model...
- ipod touch has a 16gb hd and is just as small.
- holiday!

why not? [let me hope :( ]

so, deadline- Sept. 25 or 29???

jackc
Sep 24, 2007, 07:22 AM
No way they're going to release a 16GB iPhone. The consumers have spoken: no quick updates and price drops, please!

Jade Cambell
Sep 24, 2007, 08:14 AM
No way they're going to release a 16GB iPhone. The consumers have spoken: no quick updates and price drops, please!

I have a Quad 3.0Ghz Mac Pro.

A while back they "Added" an 8 core option to the Mac Pro, for $700 MORE than what I paid for my CPU Upgrade.

Did I feel cheated? Of course not! I still have the newest revision of the Mac Pro, for over a year now.

If apple adds a high end iPhone option with 16GB capacity, and doesn't change anything else, that's not the same as dropping the price of the 8GB by $200.

But there isn't even a keynote tomorrow.. so i'm really wondering what's going on with this event.

twoodcc
Sep 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
I'm hoping for anything

James Craner
Sep 24, 2007, 09:23 AM
Well I predict

1. More Leopard info and ship date announced.

2. New displays with iSight built in

Jade Cambell
Sep 24, 2007, 11:15 AM
Well, whatever they release, it'll just be a spontaneous website update at about 6:00AM PST I think. Cause there's no keynote scheduled.

I Am Designer™
Sep 24, 2007, 11:19 AM
MacDailyNews have posted some pictures from the show floor...

Looks like there aren't the usual 'black shrouds' guarding something new... So I don't think we will see any new hard/software - possibly just a reiteration of euro-iphone news - and a last run through of leopard and a release date...

Cloudane
Sep 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
No keynote?? Definitely nothing new, then. Unless it's something The Steve really doesn't care about or plain dislikes (and we've already had the Mac Mini refresh haha)

Jade Cambell
Sep 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
MacDailyNews have posted some pictures from the show floor...

Looks like there aren't the usual 'black shrouds' guarding something new... So I don't think we will see any new hard/software - possibly just a reiteration of euro-iphone news - and a last run through of leopard and a release date...

...Or a 16GB iPhone. They wouldn't shroud that in black. It's just a higher end option of an already existing product.

I'm telling you guys, it makes the most sense. Just a quiet update at apple.com tomorrow morning. He definitely doesn't need a keynote for that.

carltabet
Sep 25, 2007, 08:49 AM
...Or a 16GB iPhone. They wouldn't shroud that in black. It's just a higher end option of an already existing product.

I'm telling you guys, it makes the most sense. Just a quiet update at apple.com tomorrow morning. He definitely doesn't need a keynote for that.

Hey! I see you're still hoping for a 16GB update!
This is getting increasingly unlikely, nothing interesting has come out of the Apple Expo today. Actually, the French iPhone wasn't even announced by Apple. England and Germany have release dates already but we don't. It seems Apple and our leading carrier Orange are not in agreement yet.

I think you can go ahead and order your 8GB iPhone now. A bigger size model won't be released until at least Christmas if not Spring.

LizKat
Sep 25, 2007, 09:09 AM
There's nothing left to announce! I always thought it'd be the European iPhone. Seems unlikely to be anything major from all I've heard about dodgy relationships with Apple etc.

My only remaining guess is a partnership with some French company (what's le French for Starbucks?)

Nothing left to announce sounds pretty unApple, plus to throw a gig and basically say hey thanks for coming we've had a great time in Paris, seeya later.... huh? Whatever they announce should make Europeans feel special and the French happy they're at the center of it right now!

As for Apple partnering up with a French anything, I guess it won't be with Armani, at least not any time soon. Samsung and Armani have paired up in France to bring out a designer smartphone. An Armani phone, what could be next.

I kinda wonder how much headway Paris Expo can make in the buzz versus the brouhaha about iPhone updates versus locked iPhones etc. The iPhone itself is not coming out in France until what, end November, so I would think the Expo would try to focus more on Leopard or.. dare we think a POP! of revised MacBooks?

Jade Cambell
Sep 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
Nothing left to announce sounds pretty unApple, plus to throw a gig and basically say hey thanks for coming we've had a great time in Paris, seeya later.... huh? Whatever they announce should make Europeans feel special and the French happy they're at the center of it right now!

As for Apple partnering up with a French anything, I guess it won't be with Armani, at least not any time soon. Samsung and Armani have paired up in France to bring out a designer smartphone. An Armani phone, what could be next.

I kinda wonder how much headway Paris Expo can make in the buzz versus the brouhaha about iPhone updates versus locked iPhones etc. The iPhone itself is not coming out in France until what, end November, so I would think the Expo would try to focus more on Leopard or.. dare we think a POP! of revised MacBooks?

It's Tuesday, September 25th, 9:49 AM PST. Is anything going on in Paris??

Can someone with experience on these matters just tell me if there's still a chance that a 16GB iPhone will be available in the next few days??

Peace
Sep 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
It's 8:21PM in Paris..

Nothing today..
The past few years Steve has steered clear of MacExpo Paris.

spydr
Sep 25, 2007, 01:28 PM
All the christmas presents from Apple are already announced. No more till Macworld '08, methinks.

Jade Cambell
Sep 25, 2007, 01:37 PM
Alright, I just placed my iPhone 8GB order. If they do anything within the next 14 days.. i'll just return it and get the new thing. :D

Now i'm super excited to get my iPhone. :D

jackc
Sep 25, 2007, 01:49 PM
Dammit, no MacBook and Leopard announcements? I blame the French.

carltabet
Sep 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
Alright, I just placed my iPhone 8GB order. If they do anything within the next 14 days.. i'll just return it and get the new thing. :D

Now i'm super excited to get my iPhone. :D

Congrats! Glad to see you were patient enough to wait until the 25th. You're doing the right thing because the iPhone won't see any upgrades for a while, and I know you were going crazy. I intend to wait for v2 but I'm gonna have to be VERY patient.

TurboSC
Sep 25, 2007, 07:44 PM
Well that was an uneventful event...

AlBDamned
Sep 25, 2007, 07:58 PM
Dammit, no MacBook and Leopard announcements? I blame the French.

You should probably just blame yourself for thinking there'd be something announced. Nothing like a bit of blind optimism....

Pants Dragon
Sep 25, 2007, 09:04 PM
Still 4 more days people.... don't freak out yet.

Taylor C
Sep 25, 2007, 09:42 PM
I got all excited, too. :(

AlBDamned
Sep 25, 2007, 09:48 PM

You're right. Let's all cross our fingers and toes for the next four days that there's going to be some random, unprecedented announcement at a show that Apple barely even acknowledges these days. Excellent idea ;)

Cloudane
Sep 26, 2007, 06:49 AM
Sheesh, I have to wait a full week just to say "I told you so"? :p

Microsoft Office as the only announcement so far, hahaha, does anyone actually care about MS Office now that iWork and NeoOffice are so good?

twoodcc
Sep 26, 2007, 07:40 AM

I'm still hoping

AlBDamned
Sep 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
I'm still hoping

"fool me once..."

jackc
Sep 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
"fool me once..."

Party poooper
*in Schwarzenegger voice*

ale500
Sep 26, 2007, 03:40 PM
German store is down !!!!!!
(22:41 GMT+1)

Peace
Sep 26, 2007, 03:47 PM
All European stores are down.Wanna know why?

Because it's the (almost) exact same time there that it was when the U.S. store went down last night.