Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
No keynote?? Definitely nothing new, then. Unless it's something The Steve really doesn't care about or plain dislikes (and we've already had the Mac Mini refresh haha)

Jade Cambell

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
I Am Designer™;4230685 said:
MacDailyNews have posted some pictures from the show floor...

Looks like there aren't the usual 'black shrouds' guarding something new... So I don't think we will see any new hard/software - possibly just a reiteration of euro-iphone news - and a last run through of leopard and a release date...

...Or a 16GB iPhone. They wouldn't shroud that in black. It's just a higher end option of an already existing product.

I'm telling you guys, it makes the most sense. Just a quiet update at apple.com tomorrow morning. He definitely doesn't need a keynote for that.

carltabet

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Beirut
...Or a 16GB iPhone. They wouldn't shroud that in black. It's just a higher end option of an already existing product.

I'm telling you guys, it makes the most sense. Just a quiet update at apple.com tomorrow morning. He definitely doesn't need a keynote for that.

Hey! I see you're still hoping for a 16GB update!
This is getting increasingly unlikely, nothing interesting has come out of the Apple Expo today. Actually, the French iPhone wasn't even announced by Apple. England and Germany have release dates already but we don't. It seems Apple and our leading carrier Orange are not in agreement yet.

I think you can go ahead and order your 8GB iPhone now. A bigger size model won't be released until at least Christmas if not Spring.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
There's nothing left to announce! I always thought it'd be the European iPhone. Seems unlikely to be anything major from all I've heard about dodgy relationships with Apple etc.

My only remaining guess is a partnership with some French company (what's le French for Starbucks?)

Nothing left to announce sounds pretty unApple, plus to throw a gig and basically say hey thanks for coming we've had a great time in Paris, seeya later.... huh? Whatever they announce should make Europeans feel special and the French happy they're at the center of it right now!

As for Apple partnering up with a French anything, I guess it won't be with Armani, at least not any time soon. Samsung and Armani have paired up in France to bring out a designer smartphone. An Armani phone, what could be next.

I kinda wonder how much headway Paris Expo can make in the buzz versus the brouhaha about iPhone updates versus locked iPhones etc. The iPhone itself is not coming out in France until what, end November, so I would think the Expo would try to focus more on Leopard or.. dare we think a POP! of revised MacBooks?

Jade Cambell

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Nothing left to announce sounds pretty unApple, plus to throw a gig and basically say hey thanks for coming we've had a great time in Paris, seeya later.... huh? Whatever they announce should make Europeans feel special and the French happy they're at the center of it right now!

As for Apple partnering up with a French anything, I guess it won't be with Armani, at least not any time soon. Samsung and Armani have paired up in France to bring out a designer smartphone. An Armani phone, what could be next.

I kinda wonder how much headway Paris Expo can make in the buzz versus the brouhaha about iPhone updates versus locked iPhones etc. The iPhone itself is not coming out in France until what, end November, so I would think the Expo would try to focus more on Leopard or.. dare we think a POP! of revised MacBooks?

It's Tuesday, September 25th, 9:49 AM PST. Is anything going on in Paris??

Can someone with experience on these matters just tell me if there's still a chance that a 16GB iPhone will be available in the next few days??

spydr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2005
MD
All the christmas presents from Apple are already announced. No more till Macworld '08, methinks.

Jade Cambell

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Alright, I just placed my iPhone 8GB order. If they do anything within the next 14 days.. i'll just return it and get the new thing. :D

Now i'm super excited to get my iPhone. :D

carltabet

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Beirut
Alright, I just placed my iPhone 8GB order. If they do anything within the next 14 days.. i'll just return it and get the new thing. :D

Now i'm super excited to get my iPhone. :D

Congrats! Glad to see you were patient enough to wait until the 25th. You're doing the right thing because the iPhone won't see any upgrades for a while, and I know you were going crazy. I intend to wait for v2 but I'm gonna have to be VERY patient.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Still 4 more days people.... don't freak out yet.

You're right. Let's all cross our fingers and toes for the next four days that there's going to be some random, unprecedented announcement at a show that Apple barely even acknowledges these days. Excellent idea ;)

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
Sheesh, I have to wait a full week just to say "I told you so"? :p

Microsoft Office as the only announcement so far, hahaha, does anyone actually care about MS Office now that iWork and NeoOffice are so good?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.