Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As the event draws near, we will be updating this list with locations for live coverage of the media event. We will post news items as they become available and will also be providing SMS Updates. The event starts at 10AM Pacific, 1PM Eastern.

Live Coverage

The following sites offer text updates (and some have photos).

- Gizmodo
- Engadget
- Macworld
- MacDailyNews
- MacObserver
- ArsTechnica
- SlashGear.com
- Utility Belt
- Svmmac.fr - French
- Cunning.tv
- Apple Gazette
- Stuff.TV

Don't worry, MacRumorsLive.com will return for Macworld San Francisco 2008 with more improvements.

Update: Apple Stores are down.

Article Link: 'The Beat Goes On' Live Event Coverage

bobobo

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Not invited again. :/

Time to get employeed by Engadget or even do a merger.

mathiew

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2006
Pomcast is also doing a "live" audio coverage tonight: http://www.pomcast.com/wp/?lp_lang_pref=en&p=989

Tomorrow wednesday Sept. 5th, as of 6.45pm CET, or 9.45 PT, we’ll have an “enhanced” audio stream here at Pomcast. It will be in English so that all of you can follow it, and while we’ll not have video, you’ll see images of the new iPods as they arrive to us. This means you’ll get a very low refresh rate video, like an image every 10 seconds, to be just enough for showing images, while the audio quality will be the most important. Join StuFF mc with his team (HpTroll, Matthew, John Fox, …) to just “sit back and relax” while we “crawl the internet” searching infos for you. Tune in here a few minutes before it begins…

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Unlikely. You act like Apple likes rumor sites.

I think Apple completely loves the idea that their strategy of holding things close to the vest inspires the existence of rumor sites. MANY, MANY rumor sites. But they also know that you can't make the 'outsiders' part of the party, or the whole system crumbles.

There are times I am sure Apple would like to string up a few of the rumor site operators, but for the most part they know their most rabid fans love them.

irbdavid

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2006
I'll admit to being lazy, because it's not a hard thing to look up, but can we get times for these things in GMT/UT as well, for those of us not in the USA?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Maybe it's just me, other than possible iTS subscription service for movies, and ringtone conversion for the iPhone this event really doesn't appeal to me too much.

I have an iPhone and an 8GB black Nano as well as the long too long extra long awaited aluminum iMac, 2.8 24". So I'm happy to see them roll it out, just not on the edge of my seat hoping for anything.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
My Prediction

i predict...

i will want to have the new iPod. not because it has been 3 years since i bought my last iPod.

and i also predict, i won't have the money for it :eek:.

might as well accept the dish washing job in the restaurant down the street...

lukeisme09

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2007
gulf coast
all i know is im finially excited to see new ipods those screen shots look amazing, so far on itunes i havnt seen anything about the beatles. Ill keep a look out throught the day. :D

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
Unlikely. You act like Apple likes rumor sites.

This would fly if the only press invited was MacWorld and CNet (though even they have acted more like rumor sites in recent years), but with attendees like Engadget, I don't see how a MacRumors can be viewed much differently...

Further, we know Apple is a MacRumors advertiser, so they can't be that upset with rumor sites.

Yateball

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
Gahhhh, only a little over 2 hours left now!

Excitement.... starting..... to..... build

outlandos

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
I'll admit to being lazy, because it's not a hard thing to look up, but can we get times for these things in GMT/UT as well, for those of us not in the USA?

19:00 GMT+1

so if you live in the UK (which is GMT) it's 18:00

~J~

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Pardon me for asking what may seem like a dumb question here... but it *is* a media event... is it going to be on TV as well? If so, anyone know what channel(s) (USA)?

Bobthemonkey

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2006
19:00 GMT+1

so if you live in the UK (which is GMT) it's 18:00

Correction, the event starts at 17:00GMT/UTC.

In the UK it does start at 18:00 local, becuase we are currently operating in BST rather than GMT due to daylight saving.

Ember Whimsy

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2007
Connecticut
Woohoo two more hours! XD

OK I'm a bit confused by something, I checked out a lot of these sites. Some seem like they're going to have live video feeds...? and others seem like they are just updating with text. Is that right, or am I missing something? This is my first "live" event so any clarification would be great. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.