Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donelson

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2005
London, UK
Pardon me for asking what may seem like a dumb question here... but it *is* a media event... is it going to be on TV as well? If so, anyone know what channel(s) (USA)?
I don't see any live Apple webcast, only "audience" reports.

Is there going to be an Apple feed online?

DriverDan

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2002
text updates- which ones?

This will be my first time following this via text updates. Does it work rather well?

I've found that Engadget does this well, with rapid text and photo posting. I'm also going to try Macworld's postings in another tab.

phelim

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
McCartney

i cannot believe there hasnt been a post on mac rumors news about the appearance Paul McCartney is making on BBC Radio 1 at the same time the keynote starts (6pm BST), as fakesteve said in his latest post(http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/09/today-we-change-world-again.html), there has to be a connection.

i believe US residents who subscribe to sirius satellite can listen to it here:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Channel&cid=1121444083985

it says: Sir Paul McCartney joins BBC Radio 1’s Edith Bowman to make a very special announcement. What is it? You’re going to have to listen to find out!.......it's actually scott mills he will be on with, they couldnt make a simple time conversion...

radpanic

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
iPhone event updates?

Does anyone know of a good way to get updates of the event via iPhone over edge? I have tried to find a RSS feed of the event but no luck. What are you using?

mymaccc

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2007
Live coverage

there are a lot of web sites that offers live coverage starting at 10am PST / 1pm EST / 7pm ECT / 3am (6-sept) AUST

like on MyMac

mmzplanet

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Florida
I predict 10.4.11, The Beatles on iTunes and a surprise early relase of Leopard:D

Yes, lets setup at the Moscone to announce 10.4.11...... :rolleyes:

Beatles on iTunes is possible.... Early Leopard release? Nah, at most they may set a Leopard release date. But for sure we will have iPods!

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Apple merges with ... Apple

Thats the link for Sir Pauls "special announcement" live from BBC 1 Radio.
Just to be the first to say it, ...

this along with the other rumours makes one think that Apple will be merging with ... Apple.

Applecorps.jpg

- rumour of "big new deal" with established company
- rumour of Beatles coming to iTunes
- rumour of Apple getting into the recording business

Add that to the fact that in the last law-suit settlement, *Apple* (the computer company) actually obtained full rights to the Apple (record company) logos, and Sir Paul's "special announcement," and I think you have a merger rumour.

People noted at the time how unusual it was that as part of their settlement, Apple records gave up all rights to their own logos to Apple computer.

:)

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
yeah, like a major iPhone update

i'll keep posting this till i get what i want :cool:

juststranded

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2006
worldofapple.com always has an amazing auto-update DHTML sort of thing in their live coverage. No refreshing. New info just fades in.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
A major revamp to the iPod line is needed. Hopefully we all get surprised with today's announcements.

I expect an update to iTunes today as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.