PDA

View Full Version : Rising Mac Sales and Subnotebook Plans

MacRumors
Sep 21, 2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

TheStreet claims (http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techhardware/10380765.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA) that they have heard that Apple is expected to sell 2.35 million iMacs and MacBooks this quarter, beating out analyst estimates by 400,000 units.

Meanwhile, they also claim to have heard more about Apple's "subnotebook Mac" which is described as "ultra-thin" with a 10-12inch screen, sleek rounded edges and less than 2 pounds.

They expect the new subnotebook next quarter in time for the holiday sales season, and even claim a memo has been circulated to tell some employees to cancel vacation plans between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

TheStreet has not been a particularly accurate source of Apple rumors, so this should be taken with a grain of salt. However, it is somewhat consistent with recent rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/09/21/slim-aluminum-macbooks-soon/) of a thin MacBook. TheStreet was previously responsible for the Drop in Production of iPhones (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/31/drop-in-production-of-iphones/) rumor which was credited to Miller Tabak & Co. analysts, but was based on a misunderstanding (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/08/02/iphone-production-on-target/) ("We don't have an Apple analyst, we don't even have a tech analyst")

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/09/21/rising-mac-sales-and-subnotebook-plans/)

Grimace
Sep 21, 2007, 11:00 AM
Bring It!! I'll take two!

Eidorian
Sep 21, 2007, 11:01 AM
Dear Apple

Once again I have $2K monies for you. Update the Mac Pro or MacBook if you want my monies.

~Eidorian

Naimfan
Sep 21, 2007, 11:03 AM
I bet they would sell a ton of them....if they're priced correctly. Truism I know.

Having seen some tiny notebooks, they're just too small for me--I like something with a bit of heft, so for me the 15" PB is perfect, as is the current MB or the older 12" iBook. A 10" screen just seems like it would be too darn small!

Also, will the Mac Pro EVER be updated again? I know, lots of threads on that exact question...

Onejim21
Sep 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
to me a 10'' is not practical for a notebook...I think at best they will go back to the 12'' or maybe keep the 13''..and as far is HD space goes...i'm guessing right around 64ish...not anything more..cuz flash mem is ridiculous right now gahd well much love to apple i've been holding off on buying a Mac laptop till leopard came out..and when it does so will these new Macs!!

:apple::apple::apple:
I Love Apple..lol

plumbingandtech
Sep 21, 2007, 11:07 AM
Guess I am buying something thin and notebook like before Christmas!

mkrishnan
Sep 21, 2007, 11:08 AM

Hopefully it won't be spiral bound! :eek: ;) :D

We'll see. I'm very up for it....

joemama
Sep 21, 2007, 11:11 AM
Great....I was planning on buying a MacBook Pro in the next few weeks...

Should I wait now?

Cinematographer
Sep 21, 2007, 11:16 AM
[] they have heard that Apple is expected to sell 2.35 million iMacs and MacBooks this quarter, [].

These numbers are very high, even if you include Mac mini, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro sales.

I bet The Street has no idea that there are more than two Mac models on the market. :rolleyes:

mkrishnan
Sep 21, 2007, 11:19 AM

Do you want a subnotebook? If what is coming is anything like what they're describing, keep in mind that this will be a very different beast than a current MBP -- it will be a lot smaller, it will be a lot lighter, it will probably have a lot less hard drive space as well as less processing power.

fastbite
Sep 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
Great numbers but I totally distrust TheStreet. They seem to play games sometimes (to put it politely).

YoGramMamma
Sep 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
what are the chances you think, that apple might use 1.8" or whatever hard drives like in iPods when/if they to come out with an ultraportable?

As much as i'd like to see all flash, they could have an 80 gb or even 160gb hard drive a much lower costs than what flash would be. And it wouldn't be too huge of a burden on battery life, at least i dont think.

studiomusic
Sep 21, 2007, 11:31 AM
The $treet plays with stocks in my opinion.
They probably sold all their interests in AAPL just before that bit of 'misunderstanding' about the cut in iphone production (that has since turned out to be the opposite), then they bought back shares after the drop. Now they want to sell again, so they are saying very good things.
Expect them to predict low ipod/mac/iphone sales for the end of the year holiday buying season so that they can send the stock lower to be able to buy before MWSF...
(Yes, Cramer can move stock prices, thanks to the nimwits who buy or sell everything he says!)
My $.02 worth.

slicecom
Sep 21, 2007, 11:36 AM

Should I wait now?

Yes, you should wait, but why stop there? I'd recommend waiting until 2028 when rumour has it Apple plans to release their completely holographic laptop.

Abstract
Sep 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
There aren't any laptop details that couldn't have easily been made up. In fact, I may do this and see how far it goes. ;)

"A 10--12 inch screen"? Wow, great guess.

myusername
Sep 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
Nothing against theories, guesses, speculation or employee memos. Guys, it's the Holiday season, regardless of the company, Apple included, most retail stores do not allow vacation time between the traditional Black Friday, (Thanksgiving) and the start of the New Year. Where are all the no time off memos for the new nanos, iPod classic, iPod touch or the new iMac. Is a new ultra portable going to cause so much traffic they need every sales person on the floor ?

danielwsmithee
Sep 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
I've been using the new wireless keyboard for a few days. I could totally see a sub-notebook that utilizes its design and form factor. It is about the perfect size for a 12.1" wide-screen, and I think they can do better then 2lbs. My Dell D420 is about that, and it's design is pretty clunky.

BornAgainMac
Sep 21, 2007, 11:46 AM
I expect this new notebook to be 100% flash-based and small. Possibly using the multitouch screen technology. This would cut the thickness of the device.

"You can finally touch your iLife and iWork."

devilot
Sep 21, 2007, 11:47 AM
Do you want a subnotebook? ... it will be a lot smaller, it will be a lot lighter, it will probably have a lot less hard drive space as well as less processing power.It's bizarre (well not that bizarre), but I've always preferred smaller notebooks (12" PB, 12" iB, and now MB) and constantly said, if Apple released a subnotebook, a truly compact notebook, I'd gobble it up in a flash. Even if there was no optical drive.

And I meant it...

... but I'm starting to find that less and less of a primary want especially in light of the capabilities of the iPhone and iPod touch.

IJ Reilly
Sep 21, 2007, 11:50 AM
I luvs me some subnotebook. If Apple plays their cards right, we might be buying three new Macs this year (one down, two to go!).

CalBoy
Sep 21, 2007, 11:57 AM
It's bizarre (well not that bizarre), but I've always preferred smaller notebooks (12" PB, 12" iB, and now MB) and constantly said, if Apple released a subnotebook, a truly compact notebook, I'd gobble it up in a flash. Even if there was no optical drive.

And I meant it...

... but I'm starting to find that less and less of a primary want especially in light of the capabilities of the iPhone and iPod touch.

Did you ever use your PB and iBook at college? That's where this rumored subnotebook would be a dream. 2 lbs and only 10 or 11" (even 12 would be fine), I could take that sucker to the end of the world and back; not that I'm getting my hopes up; rumors have been getting our hopes up and then destroying them every two months or so. I can dream can't I (as my hopes go up)?

flopticalcube
Sep 21, 2007, 11:57 AM
It's bizarre (well not that bizarre), but I've always preferred smaller notebooks (12" PB, 12" iB, and now MB) and constantly said, if Apple released a subnotebook, a truly compact notebook, I'd gobble it up in a flash. Even if there was no optical drive.

And I meant it...

I agree. For what I do on it, my MB is way overpowered. I would gladly trade in processing power and drive space for weight.

I luvs me some subnotebook. If Apple plays their cards right, we might be buying three new Macs this year (one down, two to go!).

Snap!

scruch
Sep 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
Dear Apple

Once again I have $2K monies for you. Update the Mac Pro or MacBook if you want my monies.

~Eidorian

asdasd , i too! , i have here 2K for you! please.

macjonny1
Sep 21, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hmmm....I wonder too if this could also be a replacement for the mini. yes I know that it has a screen and doesn't quite do the same thing. But, I would love something like this to attach to my TV, and be permanently docked there. Then I could pull it out when I wanted an extra computer to port around as well. Currently the macbooks are a little too big to do this for me now...

devilot
Sep 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
Did you ever use your PB and iBook at college?Yes. I did. And yes, I would have drastically hoped for a subnotebook-- if, like I posted, it weren't for the advent of the iPhone/touch which make it almost a moot point for me. :p

mkrishnan
Sep 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
And I meant it...

Oh, me too. I just mean that it would seem like whether or not someone actually wanted this in their notebook would play a role in whether they'd delay getting a Macbook Pro! ;)

I dunno... I go through on and off phases where I carry my notebook around with me, but whenever I do, I pretty invariably would prefer it to be, like you said, very thin and light. I'd make most of the same trades you would.

And given that I have a Blackberry and not an iPhone, I'd still see a lot that I'd do on a notebook -- report writing, reading journal articles and doing patient research, etc, etc.

Although I do notice that I usually don't feel the need to keep Mail or GMail open anymore on my iBook, since I have my BB sitting next to it. :)

CalBoy
Sep 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
Yes. I did. And yes, I would have drastically hoped for a subnotebook-- if, like I posted, it weren't for the advent of the iPhone/touch which make it almost a moot point for me. :p

See, I'm the type of person that would want both an iPhone and a subnotebook. I would use the notebook for "school" stuff like writing notes and such, and the iPhone for getting myself out of a boring lecture:p

Even though the notebook can function as a "fun" device, the iPhone just fits that "fun" paradigm so much better.

jamesarm97
Sep 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
What they need is to make the trackpad out of an iPhone screen. Then you would not only have multitouch, but have a programmable / context sensitive touchpad. I know they had patents lately that showed some sort of color changing touchpad.

BTW
Sep 21, 2007, 12:05 PM
These numbers are very high, even if you include Mac mini, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro sales.

I bet The Street has no idea that there are more than two Mac models on the market. :rolleyes:

I agree. Ramping-up production takes time. If there was such a spike in Mac purchasing I'm sure DigiTimes would chime in quoting anonymous manufacturing reps.

massiv
Sep 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
i know everyone wants a sub-notebook. I definitely do. But do not read anything into what The Street says. They admittedly pump false info into the market to influence stock prices. Just google Apple - Moritz - Cramer - Wolverton and be amazed at the FUD these guys spread before they want to invest. Screw The Street and Jim Cramer. I would bet more on the 9to5mac info then The Street. ;)

CalBoy
Sep 21, 2007, 12:09 PM

Yeah, that number does seem to be inclusive of all Mac sales, not just iMacs and macbooks. Oh well, we'll just wait a few (and maybe a few more) more weeks for Apple's 4th Quarter results to be out.

SirOmega
Sep 21, 2007, 12:11 PM
I don't believe the street's numbers. I think they're too high. 2M seems about right, maybe 2.1. I dont think the halo effect is that strong - most people I know who bought an iPhone were mac-heads already (or in my case, hybrids since I have an XP desktop and a MacBook, c'mon xMac!).

MattyMac
Sep 21, 2007, 12:15 PM
yes! Yes! YES!

That would be magnificant if it were released soon!

Looks like my girlfriend will be getting a hand me down 12in pb...lucky girl!

Orng
Sep 21, 2007, 12:22 PM

Should I wait now?

If you've investigated the current options and think that a Macbook Pro meets your needs and a standard Macbook does not, then you will find that this sub-notebook, if that is what it is, will not meet your needs.

That being said, I'm like you; planning a MBP purchase for after Leopard (late october...?) but wondering now if I should hold out for Penryn or Macworld or whatever... January is far away, I'll need a new machine before then.

Of course, I wouldn't be thinking this at all if I didn't come to these sites, I'd buy, and be mad later when the update came out. At least now, I can gamble, I can choose to buy despite the knowledge I might be outdated within months, but I won't be mad, because I knew.

Maccus Aurelius
Sep 21, 2007, 12:31 PM
Be patient Maccus, be patient. You will buy your Leopard MBP in January. Be patient Maccus.

igazza
Sep 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
notebook = giant iphone . :apple:

nagromme
Sep 21, 2007, 12:45 PM
Ignore "The Street" and Scott Moritz entirely. They can't even be counted on to make educated guesses--the invent things for their own profit. They invent fake good news and bad news alike, and are likely to report something as true when they actually think it's NOT true, so they can later report some fictional "problem" at Apple that prevented it from happening.

They completely fabricate sources and rumors, and have been clearly shown to make a habit of this again and again.

This article discusses about The Street's "analysts" intentionally manipulating Apple (and other) stock prices with false info, and admitting brazenly on video that they are lying--and how illegal it is--but saying that it's profitable to invent these lies. And, clearly, getting away with it:

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/F521AA31-1E02-4DF1-86C3-AA022A105D18.html

Seeding false reports of bad Apple news is easy, as Cramer explained, “If I were short Apple, I would be working very hard today to get that. And the way you would do that is pick up the phone and call six trading desks. And say, listen, I just got off the phone with my contact at Verizon, and he has already said 'listen, we’re a Lucky G [LG] house, we're a Samsung house, we’re a Motorola house. There is no room for Apple. They want too much. We are not going to let them in. We are not going to let them do what they did to music.' And that’s a very effective way to keep a stock down.”

“What's important when you're in that hedge fund mode is to not do anything remotely truthful. Because the truth is so against your view that it's important to create a new truth, to develop a fiction. The fiction is developed by almost anybody who is down by 2% or up 6%. You can't take any chances, you can't have the market up any more than it is if you're up 6.”

Amazing :(

Lesser Evets
Sep 21, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sub-notebook-sub-notebook-sub-notebook.

If this notebook is like a sub it will sink.

I want to know exactly what a subnotebook would aid? If they can make it a touch screen, flash drive, wifi-blue tooth utilizing-cintiq screen mofo, then it will rule. If it is just a cheesy, small size, more-of-the-same type thing, it will be very disappointing. It should be made to be a note pad affair for note taking; no flip up screen, no keyboard, and total writing/art control.

And it should do the dishes.

nagromme
Sep 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
I want to know exactly what a subnotebook would aid?

It would aid portability. I have a 15" PowerBook now, and have tried carrying around a friend's 13" MacBook too. I want something smaller. Some say "deal with it, carry something bigger," but that ignores the age-old fact that people DO find value in smaller and lighter.

And I wish this rumor came from a credible source, because a 12"-or-smaller MacBook Pro is what I've been waiting to buy.

Lesser Evets
Sep 21, 2007, 12:57 PM
Portability is what we have.

You have to offer a bit more then portability in the current market. So it would be helpful to make it portable, AND functional. A MacMiniPowerBook sounds kinda assy to me.

Hattig
Sep 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
If Apple do this then will it:

(A) be a beautiful device, costing similar to other subnotebooks from Sony, etc - i.e., a lot

(B) be a beautiful device, at a decent price because Apple's expertise in manufacturing compact devices lets the do this at a decent price.

(C) be a reasonably nice looking device, a bargain for what it is, although it will still have a lot. $799, but far more desirable and useful than an Asus Eee PC.

The fact is, decent sub notebooks, with decent screens, non-anaemic CPUs and good design, are fricking expensive.

IJ Reilly
Sep 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
And I wish this rumor came from a credible source, because a 12"-or-smaller MacBook Pro is what I've been waiting to buy.

The subnotebook rumors are multi-sourced now, so we don't need to rely on TheStreet.com for credibility. For me, the lightest smallest Mac I can use for making Keynote presentations, surfing and e-mail is just what the doctor ordered. It sure doesn't need to have a mondo hard drive, or even to be cutting-edge fast.

nagromme
Sep 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
The fact is, decent sub notebooks, with decent screens, non-anaemic CPUs and good design, are fricking expensive.

Yep. And I'll pay it! Or if Apple chooses a compromise between small performance and price, I'll take that. Now, if Apple goes rock-bottom and low-cost, it will be a great machine for some but is NOT what I'm after.

The subnotebook rumors are multi-sourced now, so we don't need to rely on TheStreet.com for credibility. For me, the lightest smallest Mac I can use for making Keynote presentations, surfing and e-mail is just what the doctor ordered. It sure doesn't need to have a mondo hard drive, or even to be cutting-edge fast.

In fact, I hope it has no HD at all. Even if it means limited capacity and high price, I want flash storage! Light, fast, power-efficient, and no moving parts! 64 GB would suit me fine. I have a 60 GB iPod to attach when I need more space.

AtHomeBoy_2000
Sep 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
They expect the new subnotebook next quarter in time for the holiday sales season, and even claim a memo has been circulated to tell some employees to cancel vacation plans between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

aww come on! that's the best time to go to Disney! Let them support Jobs' other employer.

Naimfan
Sep 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
Rather than trying to shrink the MB or MBP, I'd think Apple would come at this from the other direction--growing the iPhone. To me, that makes a lot more sense than trying to shrink current laptops because it would let them do something really different.

And no, I don't mean to make an iPhone with a 9 inch screen, though they could probably incorporate phone functionality also. Also, a bit further afield, but couldn't the iPhone be the first step to a world where we use an iPhone like device to tap back to a desktop we have parked at home? Not an IT person, but rather like a thin client model?

badtzmaru
Sep 21, 2007, 01:27 PM
now that i saw this on 9to5mac I believe its true. well i WANT to believe its true.. i SOOO want a mini mini mini apple laptop. PLEASE jobs make it a black christmas this year.

IJ Reilly
Sep 21, 2007, 01:31 PM
In fact, I hope it has no HD at all. Even if it means limited capacity and high price, I want flash storage! Light, fast, power-efficient, and no moving parts! 64 GB would suit me fine. I have a 60 GB iPod to attach when I need more space.

Half that much flash RAM would be fine for me. A sub is not supposed to be a desktop Mac replacement. I think it would be very cool if Apple took the iPhone/Touch interface to the next natural step in this product. Give me a display with a touch interface and a wireless keyboard and I'm in hog heaven!

CalBoy
Sep 21, 2007, 01:40 PM

I think that if Apple is serious about this subnotebook, then Flash would be the only viable storage solution. Here's hoping:o

nagromme
Sep 21, 2007, 01:47 PM
One thought in favor of this being a new MacBook and NOT a sub-Pro: Penryn is coming in January, and it would make sense to release new Pro models then. Meanwhile, holiday shopping is coming now, which makes this a good time to refresh the consumer models. And the Back To School promo may have cleared out a lot of the old MacBooks too.

It does seem that the plastic MacBooks haven't been out that long--it feels too early for a total replacement. But I seem to recall the iMac G5 got a near-total redesign (albeit with the same basic styling) pretty quickly. So it happens.

Black aluminum is definitely the future I see for the Pro line--and maybe the consumer line as well. A choice of real colors would be even cooler! Orange or red MacBook Pro Nano please!

jbh001
Sep 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
If is got Penryn + Santa Rosa, I'll be interested, otherwise I'll wait for that. That means that it won't ship until at least November 12, 2007 when Penryn is "officially" released.

danielwsmithee
Sep 21, 2007, 01:52 PM
I think that if Apple is serious about this subnotebook, then Flash would be the only viable storage solution. Here's hoping:oNot true it could easily use the small 4200 rpm hard drives. They are now up to 160 GB (the new iPod Classic). Lots of other subnotebooks use them. I took one out of my Dell it is very small and thin. Although flash would be nice to store certain things on because those hard drives are very slow.

plumbingandtech
Sep 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
It does seem that the plastic MacBooks haven't been out that long--it feels too early for a total replacement.

Yes. But isn't it the same look /plastic from the ibook g3,g4?

I had a ibook g3 and it looks the same now as it did then.

Except for the ibook -> macbook name change.

Virgil-TB2
Sep 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
The $treet plays with stocks in my opinion.
They probably sold all their interests in AAPL just before that bit of 'misunderstanding' about the cut in iphone production (that has since turned out to be the opposite), then they bought back shares after the drop. Now they want to sell again, so they are saying very good things.
Expect them to predict low ipod/mac/iphone sales for the end of the year holiday buying season so that they can send the stock lower to be able to buy before MWSF...
(Yes, Cramer can move stock prices, thanks to the nimwits who buy or sell everything he says!)
My $.02 worth.Yeah, I wish that MacRumors (and everyone else) would just stop reporting stuff that comes from "theStreet."

They have admitted in the past to releasing stories that have no basis in fact and also that their reasons for doing so, were to manipulate the price of the stock. In this very article they admit to not having any Apple tech experts and that they are just repeating a (convenient?) rumor.

We are just helping them out by blindly posting stuff that allows them to enjoy their shady underhanded stock manipulations. At the very least a more complete and explicit warning about the source should be included with the article.

danielwsmithee
Sep 21, 2007, 01:56 PM
If is got Penryn + Santa Rosa, I'll be interested, otherwise I'll wait for that. That means that it won't ship until at least November 12, 2007 when Penryn is "officially" released.
A sub-notebook in the 2 lb range is going to have to to use the ULV processors. Core 2 Duo 1.2 Ghz (http://laptoping.com/intel-core-2-duo-u7600-u7500-ulv-ultra-low-voltage-processors.html)

Cinematographer
Sep 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I wish that MacRumors (and everyone else) would just stop reporting stuff that comes from "theStreet."

Completely agree. It's a page 2 rumor at the most.

CaryMacGuy
Sep 21, 2007, 02:04 PM
I think that it would be a real shame if the new Macbook didn't have an optical drive. Having that would make installing some new software extremely difficult. Also, if I wanted to rip a CD to iTunes and my iPod, that would be virtually impossible. Now if they shipped the device with an external USB optical drive, that would probably be ok since it seems that lately my use of CDs is less and less. Now I really hope that multi-touch is the next thing to be added to the Macbook, and knowing Apple's way of doing business, the Multitouch macbook will be priced the same as the current Macbook.

danielwsmithee
Sep 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
I think that it would be a real shame if the new Macbook didn't have an optical drive. Having that would make installing some new software extremely difficult. Also, if I wanted to rip a CD to iTunes and my iPod, that would be virtually impossible. Now if they shipped the device with an external USB optical drive, that would probably be ok since it seems that lately my use of CDs is less and less. Now I really hope that multi-touch is the next thing to be added to the Macbook, and knowing Apple's way of doing business, the Multitouch macbook will be priced the same as the current Macbook.Most sub-notbooks have external optical drives. It is really nice because they rarely get used but you almost have to have one.

mkrishnan
Sep 21, 2007, 02:21 PM

I can only speak for myself, of course. But as I have said before, this is more than fine with me. That's *exactly* what I want, and I'm willing to pay for it. And that attitude *does* pretty much describe the core Apple consumer.

CalBoy
Sep 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
Not true it could easily use the small 4200 rpm hard drives. They are now up to 160 GB (the new iPod Classic). Lots of other subnotebooks use them. I took one out of my Dell it is very small and thin. Although flash would be nice to store certain things on because those hard drives are very slow.

Well, I'm taking this from the Apple perspective. Apple usually wants to offer something slightly novel and "revolutionary" (term is used loosely here) whenever they branch out into an area in which they don't usually compete. I think Flash would give the advantage of weight, battery life, and boot time to this rumored Apple subnotebook. I'm just thinking that if Apple is going to launch a subnotebook, it's going to be very competitive, and one of the best ways to do that is to use Flash instead of a regular HD.

Confidemus
Sep 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
My specs:

taken from the new iPod nano: 2 inch display has 320 x 240 pixels resolution.
So 12'' would be 1920 x 1440 pixels resolution. That is just fine for me.
Put in the 160 GB HD from iPod classic.
WiFi and Bluetooth.
Take the touch screen form the iPhone, but three times bigger as a replacement for the whole keyboard. That would be the context sensitive input device.
Put in DVD (HD or Blue Ray).
Charge a fortune (3000 US$ or Euros).

Sell it like hot cakes.

Sky rocket AAPL.

My guess for all here: Buy one of these sub-notebooks and 500 AAPL and you will be in heaven either way.

Confidemus

tk421
Sep 21, 2007, 02:51 PM
Nothing against theories, guesses, speculation or employee memos. Guys, it's the Holiday season, regardless of the company, Apple included, most retail stores do not allow vacation time between the traditional Black Friday, (Thanksgiving) and the start of the New Year. Where are all the no time off memos for the new nanos, iPod classic, iPod touch or the new iMac. Is a new ultra portable going to cause so much traffic they need every sales person on the floor ?

Yeah, I agree completely. That vacation comment is pretty absurd.

emotion
Sep 21, 2007, 02:54 PM

And I meant it...

I've been thinking exactly the same. I might still be tempted by a subnotebook (well maybe more 12" than 10") but I guess we'll see. Apple need to use some of Intel's LV (not ULV) chips. A 13.3 mbp with smaller bezel than the MB.

mkubal
Sep 21, 2007, 02:59 PM
Mmmm.... sleek rounded edges:

offwidafairies
Sep 21, 2007, 03:06 PM
o my gosh o my gosh o my gosh SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!
but i can only by ONE laptop with my education discount per year
O WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO???????

kugino
Sep 21, 2007, 03:22 PM
i doubt this report...something this new, and not just an updated current product, will require an "event." i don't anticipate new events from now until MWSF except, perhaps, for leopard.

if there is a new subnotebook, it will be unveiled during steve's keynote speech in january.

eazyway
Sep 21, 2007, 03:25 PM
i doubt this report...something this new, and not just an updated current product, will require an "event." i don't anticipate new events from now until MWSF except, perhaps, for leopard.

if there is a new subnotebook, it will be unveiled during steve's keynote speech in january.

There is an event in paris on Tuesday... It would not be the first time something was introduced at Paris

Tom B.
Sep 21, 2007, 03:27 PM

Sorry, that's not how it works. A 12" widescreen would be around 1280 x 800 max.

nagromme
Sep 21, 2007, 03:44 PM
o my gosh o my gosh o my gosh SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!
but i can only by ONE laptop with my education discount per year
O WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO???????

The best thing to do would be to spread your enthusiasm for this fictional report, helping The Street manipulate stock prices as is their habit :)

happydude
Sep 21, 2007, 04:16 PM

only we're two down (macbook and imac), one to go!! something thin and 12" or less is all it will take!! thank goodness for that 1% REI return on credit card purchases. all these new computers and we'll get a free tent to boot! and then there's the iphone temptation . . . common christmas/holiday bonus!! apple's been busy this year . . . busy taking my money!!

i loves my apples :apple::apple::D:apple::apple:

twoodcc
Sep 21, 2007, 04:26 PM

haha, it's starting to look like it

Detlev
Sep 21, 2007, 04:47 PM
Should I wait now?

Yes, for several reasons:

You'll get the latest and greatest
It is a new product that will never be refreshed, ever
TheStreet rumors are always true

gak! Maybe it will come with a 4 GB HD. You know, all the ones that were going to be put in iPhones. This is Page 2 material.

iLionel
Sep 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
The box will probably be smaller then my MBP, LOL.

Rocketman
Sep 21, 2007, 05:10 PM
I was just thinking today. What about the Mac. Then I came up with it.

Include free earbuds with each one. The second best iPod ever :)

Rocketman

AuburnTigerr
Sep 21, 2007, 05:36 PM
This may have already been said, but I think it will be more of a thin, light Macbook or Macbook Pro than I true sub notebook. Which is something I would certainly be interested in!

Gosh
Sep 21, 2007, 05:42 PM
How close do you think it will be to the Intel Metro - the world's thinnest laptop?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/notebook-supermodel/intel-unveils-worlds-thinnest-laptop-almost-skinny-as-a-razr-263359.php

Was said that Apple and Intel were working together on certain projects!

RedTomato
Sep 21, 2007, 05:49 PM

I have a PB15 1.5ghz. It was top of the range, Apple's best, a mere 2 or so years ago. It only has an 80GB drive.

A subnotebook with 64GB flash would suit me fine for 90% of my computing needs. For the times when I need a large HDD, I'm happy to attach a small external. Ditto the optical drive.

Hell, aren't the 1.8'' drives up to 120GB now? Why not have one of these PLUS 32GB flash memory? The system with the most frequently used applications (MS office, firefox etc) and data could stay on the 32GB flash, and the 1.8'' drive could stay turned off, and only come on when needed.

CWallace
Sep 21, 2007, 05:51 PM
How close do you think it will be to the Intel Metro - the world's thinnest laptop?

I was wondering why would Apple want to put a MultiTouch trackpad on the new machine (as some rumor sites have suggested), but then I realized the Metro has that second LCD embedded on the outside of the main display. That would be a perfect place for a MultiTouch screen...

gnasher729
Sep 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
I think that if Apple is serious about this subnotebook, then Flash would be the only viable storage solution. Here's hoping:o

What's wrong with transplanting one of these 80GB or 160GB 1.8" disks from an iPod?

nagromme
Sep 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
Hell, aren't the 1.8'' drives up to 120GB now? Why not have one of these PLUS 32GB flash memory?

That's what Intel (and others) have been up to, and it does seem likely. A good compromise, and one that saves wear on the HD.

I might prefer a 2.5 HD over 1.8 if the 1.8's are truly not designed for prolonged use, but I seem to recall that the FIRST 1.8's were not meant for constant use, but that this is no longer true. I believe current 1.8" HDs have a very high MTBF compared to the old ones, suitable for daily computing.

(I know I booted OS X off my iPod and used it as my main and only drive for weeks a couple years ago, and it never even got hot. Still runs great.)

CalBoy
Sep 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
What's wrong with transplanting one of these 80GB or 160GB 1.8" disks from an iPod?

Energy. The subnotebook's battery can't be too large or heavy, so in order to give it decent battery life, a lot of good stuff is going to have to be used. I'm talking LED backlighting, Flash, and probably a lower clock CPU (maybe an SR 1.8?).

tjcampbell
Sep 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
My iphone is going to be my sub notebook when I get my hands on it. But if apple impresses me with something extremely portable and without the need for a stupid optical drive then I'll also be gittin that too. TC

iDAG
Sep 21, 2007, 06:58 PM
It's great to hear that Apple could sell over 2 million Macs and knowing that 10.5 will only help when it comes out next month. Apple could sell 2.5 million during the holidays. The sub-notebook I have no idea where that's going to go.

Passante
Sep 21, 2007, 07:11 PM
TheStreet=bull sheet. After all the bs about TheStreet making up stories to pump up or deflate a stock why reprint it here?

p2rjade
Sep 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
"Personally" a smaller MBP would do me no good, I have noticed a lot of my friend want smaller laptops, maybe I just need my eyes checked.:)

JoeG4
Sep 21, 2007, 09:17 PM
Why is it, I predict the new MacBook will have a *stunning, unique two tone black and aluminum finish with black keyboard, black trackpad, and black screen bezel.

Perfect, if it follows the iMac design language, it'll look EXACTLY like an HP laptop.

Am I the only one who's scared?

Fluffymuff
Sep 21, 2007, 09:18 PM
"Personally" a smaller MBP would do me no good, I have noticed a lot of my friend want smaller laptops, maybe I just need my eyes checked.:)
Given the miniaturization wizardry in the iPhone, the excess bulk of the MBP is as embarrassing as Brittany Spears' excess bulk.

If the new MBP is going to headline at next year's VMA and wear nothing but a bikini, let's hope it slims down more than she did.

TurboSC
Sep 22, 2007, 02:05 AM
Given the miniaturization wizardry in the iPhone, the excess bulk of the MBP is as embarrassing as Brittany Spears' excess bulk.

If the new MBP is going to headline at next year's VMA and wear nothing but a bikini, let's hope it slims down more than she did.

I'm sure Apple will take great care seeing as this is their Professional laptop. I didn't really like the MacBooks when they first came out, but I can see from a budget standpoint how efficient it is... but for the MacBookPro's I'm sure they won't overlook any detail.

MacTheSpoon
Sep 22, 2007, 02:24 AM
Man, I hope these sub-notebook rumors are true, even though I know the thing is going to be really expensive. I''ve been hoping for one for so long; this 15" MBP is cool, but my 12" Powerbook was so convenient, and this 15" has never really been the ideal replacement. It's cool that it has a graphics card and therefore I can play 3D Windows games on it very well... but honestly I rarely do it and probably wouldn't miss that capability with an integrated graphics subnotebook.

And I'm really excited to see what Apple would do with their design for this!! I bet it will look great. Black aluminum option, please... :) And insanely great battery life, a la Sony Vaios, please...

Macinposh
Sep 22, 2007, 04:19 AM
I have the 2000$ squeezed in sweatty hand.

Hopefully the apple would release the Maclap soon.They have a quite big product gap in their lineup in that area.

10"
LED display
option of 32 or 64 NAND
no optical
sub 2pounds

Base 32GB 1299$ and 64GB1599$.

:cool:

MacsAttack
Sep 22, 2007, 04:30 AM

A little known issue that iPod users don't have, but which the user of a laptop will - performance. Smaller platter and spin speed = slower data transfer speed = bad performance

Flash memory is the way to go. If they made a 128MB flash drive I could fit in my MacBook for 300 or less - i'd buy it. Not there yet (bigger drives are too thick to fit - the best I can find is 32MB), but give it another year...

aapl.jlo
Sep 22, 2007, 06:39 AM
I could put down money that Apple is working on one of these now. Heck, they are probably working on their own like of other electronics and appliances. Consider it-the MacBlender, iSatelite (their own cable service-lol-sign me up), the iCook [stove]. Ah, what a wonderful Mac world.

One last comment, in reality, the MacBook Pro really is thin! How much thinner can you get!? Wait a minute, this is Steve Jobs we're talking about

:apple:

netdoc66
Sep 22, 2007, 07:14 AM
People are using these small machines for other applications such as lifecasting now. If they came up with something in the form factor of a Sony Vaio TX series laptop with comparable battery life I'd be down for that. 2.5 of battery life on Apple's laptops are pretty lame and totally inadequate for the mobile generation...

Scarlet Fever
Sep 22, 2007, 07:52 AM
If they made a 128MB flash drive I could fit in my MacBook for 300 or less - i'd buy it

and i'm sure someone would be glad to sell it to you for that much ;)

JobsRules
Sep 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
I think Apple won't bother releasing a subnotebook unless it can have some real wow factor.

I used to be one of the 'wanna Mac subnotebook' brigade when I still ran a desktop. Now I'm laptop only I'm pretty happy with the current range. A MacBook Pro hooked up to a load of LaCies and a nice TFT is pretty peachy.

A too-small latop really does start of become a gimmick. I was using the iPod touch at an Apple Store today and I really thought:

'Who the heck's really going to want to surf the web on this REALLY. Yes, they may do it a couple of times and feel cool but then wish they'd bought the iPod Classic for more capacity'.

Same with some ultrasubnotebooks - what are most people going to do with a titchy laptop that's fiddly to use? I think most people hope Apple come up with some superslim version of the PB 12" rather than go too crazy.

OS X Dude
Sep 22, 2007, 03:41 PM
Why is it, I predict the new MacBook will have a *stunning, unique two tone black and aluminum finish with black keyboard, black trackpad, and black screen bezel.

Perfect, if it follows the iMac design language, it'll look EXACTLY like an HP laptop.

I feel your pain - white = Apple, til death lol.

Seriously, the white look makes Apple stuff stand out (BlackBook looks like a Fujitsu lappy IMO).

Also, this could be for a mini MBP - as I have seen MacBook Pro's simply called MacBooks in many magazines and websites (probs as it was first Intel Apple Laptop). Maybe the site that submitted this rumour called the Macbook pro a macbook.

Also, there has always been a colour difference between amateur and pro Apple stuff (white and Aluminium respectively) - this may be changing with the iMac going aluminium - but having a MacBook become a MBP midget would confuse people - hence the reason I reckon it's a new entry level MBP or simply a new MBP altogether.

robby818
Sep 22, 2007, 03:56 PM
Apple could introduce the sub notebook (Macbook Pro) this October in time for the holidays, then update the 15" and 17" along the same design cues (imac like) in January. But then again the new intel processors being introduced in January are even better suited for a sub notebook so it would make sense to do everything in one shot in January.

My 15" Macbook Pro is on a fedex truck and is being delivered today so I need to decide whether I want to keep it or wait it out....:o

Fluffymuff
Sep 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
I think Apple won't bother releasing a subnotebook unless it can have some real wow factor.
Oxymoron, darling.

You had me at "subnotebook."

A too-small latop really does start of become a gimmick.
Just as they said about laptops, and GUIs before that. Trust me, subnotebooks are not a gimmick.

Same with some ultrasubnotebooks - what are most people going to do with a titchy laptop that's fiddly to use?
Buy it in droves.

CalBoy
Sep 22, 2007, 05:21 PM
Oxymoron, darling.

How is it an oxymoron? Are you saying that being a subnotebook and having a wow factor are opposing attributes?

aaarrrgggh
Sep 22, 2007, 11:55 PM
...They better figure out how to make a fantastic docking station!

I'm not sure how Apple could do an elegant docking station, and that is really the key for me to be able to go with a sub-notebook. You could do inductive coupled charging for power, and maybe some very short-range networking could provide gigabit networking plus enough bandwidth for video. Completely wireless would be cool to market, but it still seems like it is some time off.

I would really hate for Apple to make a sub-notebook that I couldn't use in the office as well. My 17" MBP is a little hefty to carry around, but I couldn't give up the screen in the office.

winterspan
Sep 23, 2007, 02:58 AM
A sub-notebook in the 2 lb range is going to have to to use the ULV processors. Core 2 Duo 1.2 Ghz (http://laptoping.com/intel-core-2-duo-u7600-u7500-ulv-ultra-low-voltage-processors.html)

Even at the 65nm node, I think its much more likely they would use a LV "low voltage" instead of the ULV "ultra low voltage". If they wait till Penryn @ 45nm, I think they will FOR SURE go with the LV as the TDP will probably be <10 watts

Right now the TDP of the LV chips is 17w vs 10w for the ULV. So its really not that much energy savings for the HUGE hit in performance you'd get (and i do believe they'll wait till 45nm anyways)

LV vs ULV:

# The LV chips go up to 1.8ghz vs ULV only to 1.2ghz
# ALL* of the LV chips have 4MB of L2 cache vs 2MB for the ULV
# the LV chips can run at 667mhz or 800mhz FSB vs just 533mhz for the ULV

winterspan
Sep 23, 2007, 03:15 AM
My specs:

Put in the 160 GB HD from iPod classic.
WiFi and Bluetooth.
Take the touch screen form the iPhone, but three times bigger as a replacement for the whole keyboard. That would be the context sensitive input device.
Put in DVD (HD or Blue Ray).
Charge a fortune (3000 US$ or Euros).

Sell it like hot cakes.

Sky rocket AAPL.

My guess for all here: Buy one of these sub-notebooks and 500 AAPL and you will be in heaven either way.

Confidemus

HA.... would love to see that pixel density manufactured on that size display! unfortunately not going to happen. 1.8" drives suck hard -- much rather see 64GB flash. Blue laser optical disc would take up to much space, too expensive, no use in a subnotebook. All-touchpad keyboard impractical and hard to use. (why replace what works? just enhance the touchpad?)

Here's what I would like to see and which is *realistic* based upon what's available in Japan/Korea right now.

* Core Duo LV or ULV 1.06-1.8ghz
* 1-1.5GB RAM
* 32 or 64GB flash
* 802.11BGN/Bluetooth V2.0/optional 3G WAN
* 8.9" 1024x600 / 10.4" 1024x768 / 11.1" 1366x768 / 12.1" 1366x768
* LED backlighting
* Carbon composite case (unlikely)
* 1.28 => 2.26lbs
* "REAL WORLD" 7-10 hours battery life. (Yes, this IS possible.)

To show Im not full of ****, go checkout what this Asia-importer offers:

http://www.dynamism.com/Notebooks/Subnotebooks/categorygroup.shtml

I would love to see something like a Panasonic R5/T5

plumbingandtech
Sep 23, 2007, 02:15 PM
winterspan+1

And I think that will be the true MacBook SubNotebook.

The thing is that multiple sources are saying smaller MacBooks too so those will have HDs DVDs etc..

So what I gather is that we may have thin MacBooks AND a new subnotebook.

Either way. I looking forward to pick one up to have for my occasional mobile needs.

thetacoman
Sep 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
Black aluminum is definitely the future I see for the Pro line--and maybe the consumer line as well. A choice of real colors would be even cooler! Orange or red MacBook Pro Nano please!
I still miss the white plastic ipods... But an orange mbp mini? Or a black aluminum Mac Pro? That would be SICK!!!:cool:

thetacoman
Sep 23, 2007, 04:04 PM
Blue laser optical disc would take up to much space, too expensive, no use in a subnotebook.
Subnotebooks don't need optical drives, period.

CalBoy
Sep 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
I still miss the white plastic ipods... But an orange mbp mini? Or a black aluminum Mac Pro? That would be SICK!!!:cool:

Halloween is upon us:rolleyes:

winterspan
Sep 23, 2007, 09:40 PM
Energy. The subnotebook's battery can't be too large or heavy, so in order to give it decent battery life, a lot of good stuff is going to have to be used. I'm talking LED backlighting, Flash, and probably a lower clock CPU (maybe an SR 1.8?).

Agreed, except for "lower clock cpu" won't be an SR 1.8 in all likelihood, it will be a 1.2-1.8 LV (NOT ULV). 17 watt TDP, ALL have 4 megs of cache, and 800mhz bus. So performance will not suffer terribly like using a ULV.

winterspan
Sep 23, 2007, 09:42 PM

Scared? is it really that big of deal? have you EVER seen a bad looking Apple product? seriously ever? ( < 10 years old?)

winterspan
Sep 23, 2007, 09:47 PM
A little known issue that iPod users don't have, but which the user of a laptop will - performance. Smaller platter and spin speed = slower data transfer speed = bad performance

Flash memory is the way to go. If they made a 128MB flash drive I could fit in my MacBook for 300 or less - i'd buy it. Not there yet (bigger drives are too thick to fit - the best I can find is 32MB), but give it another year...

I know its hard to believe, But I'll sell you one that is DOUBLE THAT SIZE for your 300!!! Lol. I think you mean "128GB". :)

seanneko
Sep 23, 2007, 09:54 PM
Scared? is it really that big of deal? have you EVER seen a bad looking Apple product? seriously ever? ( < 10 years old?)

Well, for starters there's this ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Clamshell_iBook_G3.jpg/200px-Clamshell_iBook_G3.jpg

CalBoy
Sep 23, 2007, 09:56 PM
Agreed, except for "lower clock cpu" won't be an SR 1.8 in all likelihood, it will be a 1.2-1.8 LV (NOT ULV). 17 watt TDP, ALL have 4 megs of cache, and 800mhz bus. So performance will not suffer terribly like using a ULV.

Ok, you've made a good case. I've amended my opinion.

plumbingandtech
Sep 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well, for starters there's this ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Clamshell_iBook_G3.jpg/200px-Clamshell_iBook_G3.jpg

John DVorak liked it. ;)

winterspan
Sep 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
A too-small latop really does start of become a gimmick. ... what are most people going to do with a titchy laptop that's fiddly to use?

This is another CLASSIC example of the "self-centrism" that I constantly see on MacRumors. Why does every one of these 'tards speak like they represent the whole of the end-user market of Apple products. Who the *** are you to say that a subnotebook is a gimmick? Have you even been to ASIA??

You just said you were on a desktop computer until recently, thus pointing out your limited experience with notebook computers, especially traveling with them. For people like me who have owned and used laptop computers on the go for YEARS, it is very welcoming to have a smaller device. Have you carried around a 4.0-5.0lb laptop for hours out of a day for many days? ok then..
And assuming "titchy" was meant to be "twitchy" along with "fiddly" WTF? -- how does that apply to a subnotebook??

I was using the iPod touch at an Apple Store today and I really thought: 'Who the heck's really going to want to surf the web on this REALLY. Yes, they may do it a couple of times and feel cool but then wish
they'd bought the iPod Classic for more capacity'.

Actually I and Im SURE many others ABSOLUTELY LOVE to use the web on the Touch/iPhone. Have you even used a regular smartphone before? The Touch/iPhone is 100X better than ANYTHING I've ever tried and Ive owned six different devices over the years including Ipaqs, Treos, Blackberries, WinMo PocketPCs, etc.
No I do NOT wish I bought an Ipod classic as it doesn't even COME CLOSE to what the iPod Touch/iPhone can do. Its basically a large 1.8" HDD with a screen. I do not feel "Cool" using it either. I feel "smart" for purchasing an excellent device that does nearly everything I need it to do and goes beyond anything I've used in a long time.

Just because you don't have a serious need for and don't understand the appeal of a sub-notebook and/or a great mobile-internet device to people who travel frequently, college students, etc, DOES NOT mean that that applys to EVERYONE. Isn't that like 3rd grade logic?

TurboSC
Sep 23, 2007, 10:39 PM
I bet they would sell a ton of them....if they're priced correctly. Truism I know.

Having seen some tiny notebooks, they're just too small for me--I like something with a bit of heft, so for me the 15" PB is perfect, as is the current MB or the older 12" iBook. A 10" screen just seems like it would be too darn small!

Also, will the Mac Pro EVER be updated again? I know, lots of threads on that exact question...

I always tell myself that, and I always tell everyone else that... but deep down, even if they charged a little more, I'd probably still buy it.

flyguy451
Sep 24, 2007, 05:33 AM
This is another CLASSIC example of the "self-centrism" that I constantly see on MacRumors. Why does every one of these 'tards speak like they represent the whole of the end-user market of Apple products.

I think you're being a little hard on this person. They're just expressing their opinion - it may be different from your opinion, it may even be wrong but it's still valid. Personally, I agree with you and would buy a smaller Apple notebook is it were available but you and I don't represent the whole end-user market either.

pinksalmon
Sep 24, 2007, 05:42 AM
best of both worlds! huge MBP and small smart phone(iPhone) or i guess if the rumors are true small MB and huge old school car phone.:apple:

gnasher729
Sep 24, 2007, 06:48 AM
Hell, aren't the 1.8'' drives up to 120GB now?

Currently selling drives are 80GB per platter; you can get 80GB = 1 platter or 160GB = 2 platters, like in the iPod Classic. 120GB per platter will be out probably sometime next year, so you will get 120GB and 240GB disks sometime next year. One platter instead of two would obviously be flatter; that might make a difference for an extremely flat subnotebook.

OS X Dude
Sep 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
A sub-notebook might not provide enough power for some users, but they might not be able to afford an MBP either. The MacBook offers a good balance of both - a sub-notebook would make sense as an addition to the laptop line (MacBook Mini?), as then there would be 3 laptops and 3 desktops in Apple's range.

Sub-notebook for travellers/someone not requiring a powerful machine
MacBook for people wanting a balance of both power + value
MBP for professionals/rich frickers!

See, makes sense (and makes Apple's range include 3 desktops + 3 laptops). That way, Apple can further increase it's target audience.

Heinekev
Sep 24, 2007, 11:56 AM
I would be on a subnotebook like white on rice. My biggest problem today is that the only ultra-portable notebooks available are all windows-based.

I gave up an IBM X22 (which I used for YEARS, despite it's dated specs) for a MacBook Pro, and while I am satisfied for sure I am really missing the portability.

Obviously, gaming isn't going to be happening on a subnotebook. But that's not the point of one, imo. As a network engineer by trade, configuring gear holding the laptop with one hand while typing with the other is just another day on the job. Can't do that with a massive notebook.

Traveling is such a pain when having to unbag a 15" widescreen notebook and fit it into the bin. The local airport I fly through (SDF, Louisville) doesn't use bins big enough so my laptop is always in there at an angle and there's a good bit of anxiety as the TSA drone shoves it into the scanner. And for a long flight, it's impossible outside of first class to open a mbp and work on documentation/watch movies... unless you're lucky enough to be sitting in a row by yourself.

If apple releases the subnotebook even at a 3000$ price range I'll still be there release day with the bank card ready.

Been waiting for this for a long, long time

ed.sg
Oct 25, 2007, 10:49 PM
Leopard's launching and still nothing heard out!! Is it actually coming?

CalBoy
Oct 25, 2007, 10:57 PM
Leopard's launching and still nothing heard out!! Is it actually coming?

It's a rumor;)

Either way, I think that for a major announcement like this (a revolutionary product) will probably be shown in January. Just be a little more patient:)