PDA

View Full Version : Apple Releases iLife Support, iDVD, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand Updates

MacRumors
Sep 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Apple has released a number of updates for the iLife '08 suite this afternoon.

iLife Support 8.1
This update supports system software components shared by all iLife ’08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues. It is recommended for all users of iLife ’08.

iDVD 7.0.1
This update improves overall stability, supports general compatibility issues, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

iMovie 7.1
This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities, and performance associated with opening and switching iMovie Events and Projects. This update also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

GarageBand 4.1
This update addresses isolated graphic display issues, compatibility with 3rd party audio software, fixes minor problems with Magic GarageBand, and supports general compatibility issues.

iPhoto 7.1
This update addresses issues encountered when moving photos between Events, plus new greeting card themes, including holiday card designs. It also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/09/26/apple-releases-ilife-support-idvd-iphoto-imovie-garageband-updates/)

Eidorian
Sep 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
iPhoto still doesn't work over NFS mounting home directories. :(

justflie
Sep 26, 2007, 04:10 PM
I hope this addresses the problems I've been having uploading to .Mac web gallery from iMovie... :mad:

KJESPOKO
Sep 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
I hope this fixes the problem with iDVD shutting down. I have also had problems with iMovie and when I export a movie to Quicktime. Once the movie finishes exporting it will just sit until I force quite the program. Hopefully this update has a fix for these problems.

Macbook Pro
iPod Nano black 8GB
iPhone 8GB

fooey
Sep 26, 2007, 04:15 PM
can anyone give details about the imovie update?

"This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities"

sounds promising

justflie
Sep 26, 2007, 04:17 PM

"This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities"

sounds promising

ooooh you're right. didn't even catch that. Verrrrrry interesting. I wouldn't be the one to check it since I have not used most of the editing features of '08 yet. Unless the changes are really obvious, I wouldn't notice.

sananda
Sep 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
magic garageband now seems to work on my g4 previously having been unable to play anything.

Eidorian
Sep 26, 2007, 04:19 PM

sounds promisinghttp://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovie71.html

amac4me
Sep 26, 2007, 04:21 PM
Just downloaded and installed. :)

4God
Sep 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
Finally, a little better audio support.

Mac2004
Sep 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
How come with the new version of IPhoto 7 you cannot click on a photo and zoom in realy close to something on the photo. In the previous version you could move the button over to the right and zoom in really close to a photo. With the newest version I cannot seem to do it.

justflie
Sep 26, 2007, 04:27 PM
woohoo:

Manual Audio Fades
Make smoother sounding audio transitions by manually adjusting the fade duration.

jephrey
Sep 26, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I haven't been able to minimize by double clicking the top bar in at least iPhoto (and possibly other iLife/iWork apps) but continues to work in every other program.

I hope that's fixed.

J

macduke
Sep 26, 2007, 04:28 PM
i can only hope these updates snuck in support for their iPhone counterparts that will be released in this weeks update! ok so maybe not but that would rock.

BlakTornado
Sep 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
All iMovie needs now is a timeline mode and effects!

But how likely is that? :P

Loge
Sep 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
iLife Support 8.1

Slightly unfortunate name, no? :p

psychofreak
Sep 26, 2007, 04:40 PM

Not as much as 10.4.10, not very nice when trying to convince someone that Macs are simple :)

milo
Sep 26, 2007, 04:42 PM
All iMovie needs now is a timeline mode and effects!

Funny, sure looks like it has a timeline to me.

milo
Sep 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
Not as much as 10.4.10, not very nice when trying to convince someone that Macs are simple :)

What's the problem with that?

The box pops up and says a software update is available. The user doesn't even have to know what the OS update is called, that's about as simple as you can get.

mwswami
Sep 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
Slightly unfortunate name, no? :pSure is. :D

un1ty
Sep 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
MainStage got an update as well. 1.0.1

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/MainStage_1.0_lbn_z.pdf

I hope it fixes performance issues I was having with it.

MacsRgr8
Sep 26, 2007, 04:48 PM
Hmm.. I heard that iMovie 08 now works on Leopard (9A559) after this update.

Apple is getting ready..!!!

Loge
Sep 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
MainStage got an update as well. 1.0.1

That's been out a little while.

sananda
Sep 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
unfortunately for me iphoto is still compressing images prior to putting them on a web gallery.

Telp
Sep 26, 2007, 04:54 PM
How come with the new version of IPhoto 7 you cannot click on a photo and zoom in realy close to something on the photo. In the previous version you could move the button over to the right and zoom in really close to a photo. With the newest version I cannot seem to do it.

You have to put it into edit mode first.

psychofreak
Sep 26, 2007, 04:55 PM
What's the problem with that?

The box pops up and says a software update is available. The user doesn't even have to know what the OS update is called, that's about as simple as you can get.
The other day my friend was complaining about how Vista was crashing, but yet praising MS as they always release Service Packs to help with the bugs...I pointed out that we're on 10.4.10, nearly 10.4.11, and he told me that its impossible to be a Mac user without knowing everything complicated about computers...If he only knew...

jamesarm97
Sep 26, 2007, 04:55 PM
I sure hope it fixes the importing of video from hdd cameras like the JVC. After importing a number of movies they would be a problem where there was no audio.

iomar
Sep 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
I hope iMovie can support my Sony TRV520 camcorder. I was able to control my camcorder but could not see the video in iMovie or import it. I hope that is fixed now.

lukasm
Sep 26, 2007, 05:00 PM
Anyone know if this has fixed the iPhoto+Front Row crashes? It hasn't appeared in my software update yet :(

minimac23
Sep 26, 2007, 05:02 PM
Did this update do anything for setting the start and stop frames for the ken burns effect outside of the picture... i.e. start with the entire picture in view, even if there has to be black on either side of the picture to get the entire thing to fit into the screen? The previous iMovie handled that with no problem, but '08 made you take up the entire screen with a picture when doing ken burns. I'll be way excited if that is the case!!! I'm stuck at work and can't go try it for myself.

liketom
Sep 26, 2007, 05:08 PM
i was expecting more from the imovie update

danb77
Sep 26, 2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone know if this has fixed the iPhoto+Front Row crashes? It hasn't appeared in my software update yet :(

Doesn't appear to. :-(

jacg
Sep 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
I wonder if these updates prepare the ground for Leopard Core Animation fun? I see iPhoto Events moving around a date-line or Calendar.

milo
Sep 26, 2007, 05:16 PM

Why didn't it work before, any idea? And is there any way to tell if apple has added 64 bit support to any of their apps?

celebi23
Sep 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
These updates now bring 512x512 icons for iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto & Garageband while running Leopard :cool:

twoodcc
Sep 26, 2007, 05:32 PM

now that is some good news!

justflie
Sep 26, 2007, 05:33 PM
iMovie to .Mac web gallery uploading is still screwy for me. It keeps timing out during the transfer.

celebi23
Sep 26, 2007, 05:36 PM
now that is some good news!

I can confirm that iMovie '08 does work under Leopard 9A559 after the new iMovie update :cool:

psychofreak
Sep 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
These updates now bring 512x512 icons for iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto & Garageband while running Leopard :cool:

They're beautiful...its a pity that development of icons made by others will probably slow down now they have to be all high-res...

lazyrighteye
Sep 26, 2007, 05:49 PM
Any iPhone users know if anything here addressed the issue with transferring pics from iPhones to iPhoto?

That being such a well-documented issue, I'm sure it would have been mentioned almost right off the bat.

Here's hoping the next firmware update will fix...

Dany M
Sep 26, 2007, 05:54 PM

Iv been wondering, how do you guys figure that out or open the icons in preveiw or something...??

milo
Sep 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
I can confirm that iMovie '08 does work under Leopard 9A559 after the new iMovie update :cool:

Good news. A bit off topic, but I haven't seen this info elsewhere. Are there any 64 bit apps included with Leopard? Under the new OS, does that info show up in the "get info" box or is there any way to tell from looking at the app?

Mr. Zorg
Sep 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
I didn't see anything on that list about iWeb. Does this fix the frequently encountered issues with iWeb 08? Problems with files that go missing, crashing on old 06 imported domains, etc? Perhaps the "Support" fixes take care of it?

Vanilla
Sep 26, 2007, 06:06 PM
iMovie08 still stubbornly refuses to import MPEG movies from iPhoto...so all videos taken on my Sony T10 Cybershot are out of bounds...I just find this totally baffling....

Mac2004
Sep 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
You have to put it into edit mode first.

yes, but you still cannot zoom in really close to the photo like before... Something has changed.

Mr. Zorg
Sep 26, 2007, 06:22 PM
iMovie08 still stubbornly refuses to import MPEG movies from iPhoto...so all videos taken on my Sony T10 Cybershot are out of bounds...I just find this totally baffling....

I had noticed previously that it will ONLY import MPEG files directly from a camera, presumably to help thwart DVD editing/piracy/whatever. However, I did find that if you create a disk image with the same name and directory structure that your camera mounts as, then drop your movies in that image with the same naming convention it will work. Kludgy to be sure, but doable.

akac
Sep 26, 2007, 06:27 PM
Good news. A bit off topic, but I haven't seen this info elsewhere. Are there any 64 bit apps included with Leopard? Under the new OS, does that info show up in the "get info" box or is there any way to tell from looking at the app?

The only apps that are 64-bit in Leopard I believe is Chess. There isn't anything good that 64-bit would provide any of the built in apps.

FJ218700
Sep 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
yes, but you still cannot zoom in really close to the photo like before... Something has changed.

works fine for me still (in edit mode)

I like that they disabled the zoom bar in view mode

bobber205
Sep 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
I had noticed previously that it will ONLY import MPEG files directly from a camera, presumably to help thwart DVD editing/piracy/whatever. However, I did find that if you create a disk image with the same name and directory structure that your camera mounts as, then drop your movies in that image with the same naming convention it will work. Kludgy to be sure, but doable.

Really? Booooooo. :mad:

Hopstretch
Sep 26, 2007, 06:48 PM
unfortunately for me iphoto is still compressing images prior to putting them on a web gallery.
According to Apple, that's a feature not a bug. Sorry.

sananda
Sep 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
According to Apple, that's a feature not a bug. Sorry.

yeah, but they told me they were looking at changing it.

lamina
Sep 26, 2007, 07:27 PM
iPhoto finally minimizes when I double-click on the titlebar! That alone is worth the update.

HLdan
Sep 26, 2007, 07:41 PM

It works great for me now. Before if I choose to view one of the events from iPhoto using Front Row it would cause a crash between iPhoto and Front Row.

offwidafairies
Sep 26, 2007, 07:42 PM

ive noticed the same. it sux :mad:

offwidafairies
Sep 26, 2007, 07:45 PM

wow those icons look amazing :)

MrCrowbar
Sep 26, 2007, 07:55 PM

Just open the iPhoto preferences and activate Edit Photo "in main window".

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1965/iphotoqn6.png

Eduardo1971
Sep 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
I didn't see anything on that list about iWeb. Does this fix the frequently encountered issues with iWeb 08? Problems with files that go missing, crashing on old 06 imported domains, etc? Perhaps the "Support" fixes take care of it?

Yeah, I didn't see anything for iWeb '08. Mine STILL keeps crashing.

10th Wonder
Sep 26, 2007, 08:17 PM
That's weird the only update i got was iLife 08' support and not the individual ones for iPhoto 7.0.1, Garage Band 4.0.1,iDVD 7.0.1 and so on? When I went into the iLife apps to maunally check the updates it says all my software is up to date? Anyone having this problem too?

10th Wonder
Sep 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
Anyone have any idea why I can't get the update on the apps but i got an iLife '08 support update?

SiliconAddict
Sep 26, 2007, 08:48 PM
Yah iPhoto is buggy as heck. I hope this helps.

BollywooD
Sep 26, 2007, 08:55 PM

it works for me when in Full Screen Mode.
:)

klaxamazoo
Sep 26, 2007, 09:20 PM
That's weird the only update i got was iLife 08' support and not the individual ones for iPhoto 7.0.1, Garage Band 4.0.1,iDVD 7.0.1 and so on? When I went into the iLife apps to maunally check the updates it says all my software is up to date? Anyone having this problem too?

Make sure the iLife 08 apps are in the applications folder. I put mine in a separate folder and it wouldn't update until I moved it back.

kind of annoying

Multimedia
Sep 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
After editing more than 20 videos since the release, the 7.0.1 interface fell apart fully and I had to say prayers the whole application wasn't going to permanently fail in the middle of an edit. Overall I LOVE iMovie 7 a LOT. And I'm excited to see this significant update to come along as fast as it did. I'm not with my editing Mac Pro right now - am at Apple Cupertino Town Hall on 1 Infinite Loop attending MacFilmMakers where the RED 4K camera is featured.

So late tonight Pacific I'll let you know if my interface bugs problems were fixed. :)

You can check out my iMovie 7.0.1 edits at my Camp Obama Video Blog-Podcast (http://CampObama.blogspot.com) also listed in iTunes (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=263428026).

Hopstretch
Sep 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
yeah, but they told me they were looking at changing it.
That would be good news. Hope they're thinking about doing the same for iWeb albums.

Multimedia
Sep 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
Make sure the iLife 08 apps are in the applications folder. I put mine in a separate folder and it wouldn't update until I moved it back. kind of annoyingSystem RULE is to always leave all applications in the Applications folder where they are installed. NEVER move them into somewhere else.

klaxamazoo
Sep 26, 2007, 09:43 PM
System RULE is to always leave all applications in the Applications folder where they are installed. NEVER move them into somewhere else.

I remember it working for iLife 07. I like to keep my applications organized, ie my iLife stuff went into an iLife folder that is kept under Applications. It makes things simpler for me. Once Leopard comes out and I have stacks then re-organizing applications becomes less of an issue.

wackymacky
Sep 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
I suspect this release is more to do with compatibility issues with the imminent OS 10.5. Rather than improving functionality with Tiger.

aafuss1
Sep 26, 2007, 10:18 PM
Apple should add a classical Magic Garageband style in a future update.

I'm happy with new greeting card and similar project types being added for each season in iPhoto updates.

celebi23
Sep 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
Iv been wondering, how do you guys figure that out or open the icons in preveiw or something...??

I was able to figure it out with a feature in Leopard called Quick Look. (http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/quicklook.html) With that, you're able to tell if the icon of the app looks fuzzy or clear when viewing it via Quick Look. If it's clear looking at that size, chances are it has a 512x512 icon

xsedrinam
Sep 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
I was able to figure it out with a feature in Leopard called Quick Look. (http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/quicklook.html) With that, you're able to tell if the icon of the app looks fuzzy or clear when viewing it via Quick Look. If it's clear looking at that size, chances are it has a 512x512 icon
"Opening files is so 2006". :D That got my smile for the day.

aafuss1
Sep 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
iWeb needs to have a option that exports a folderless structure-eg. as Google's Page creator doesn't support them.

coolbreeze
Sep 26, 2007, 11:08 PM
Holy mackeral.

This update HOSED my MacBook.

I went to reboot after the update, and iDVD was "hung." It wouldn't let me restart at all. I went to Force Quit, iDVD wasn't running. There was no other way to restart outside of holding the power button.

After the reboot, my dock was factory-fresh (standard Apple apps) and my Safari settings were wiped out, color profile changed, iPhoto library, iTunes library gone (not anywhere to be found). I'm super nervous.

Where did everything to? How could a simple update seemingly wreck my entire computer?

Someone please help. I have to go to sleep now, but I'm going to keep checking this thread in the morning. :(

bobber205
Sep 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
Holy mackeral.

I went to reboot after the update, and iDVD was "hung." It wouldn't let me restart at all. I went to Force Quit, iDVD wasn't running. There was no other way to restart outside of holding the power button.

After the reboot, my dock was factory-fresh (standard Apple apps) and my Safari settings were wiped out, color profile changed, iPhoto library, iTunes library gone (not anywhere to be found). I'm super nervous.

Where did everything to? How could a simple update seemingly wreck my entire computer?

Someone please help. I have to go to sleep now, but I'm going to keep checking this thread in the morning. :(

I had a similar situation the other day when I hosed my home directory permissions. That could be it.

I think there's a repair permissions in Disk Utility. Someone here can probably elaborate.

Eidorian
Sep 27, 2007, 12:15 AM
Holy mackeral.

Someone please help. I have to go to sleep now, but I'm going to keep checking this thread in the morning. :(Did you have your iLife applications open when you did the update?

It also sounds like you've only lost access to your user home directory.

compuguy1088
Sep 27, 2007, 12:21 AM
Apple should add a classical Magic Garageband style in a future update.

I'm happy with new greeting card and similar project types being added for each season in iPhoto updates.

They should do that, though I was wondering why they originally didn't include that. They have every other genre and sub-types, but classical!

aafuss1
Sep 27, 2007, 12:52 AM
Manuals for each iLife apps have been revised:
http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/

peeeter
Sep 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
nice update, but iMovie is still useless because of bad video quality.

r-sparks
Sep 27, 2007, 02:28 AM
The other day my friend was complaining about how Vista was crashing, but yet praising MS as they always release Service Packs to help with the bugs...I pointed out that we're on 10.4.10, nearly 10.4.11, and he told me that its impossible to be a Mac user without knowing everything complicated about computers...If he only knew...

IMHO one of the biggest ironies about Macs is that they're computers that are designed to be simple but that are usually bought by power users, who are well able to cope with more complex computers.

Macs should be used by grandmas and office workers—people who don't even know what a computer is. But that's just not the case. They use Windows computers.

Instead, Macs are bought be people who are experienced computer users and therefore have the foreknowledge to know that Macs make computing easier and more elegant.

I wonder if Apple have finally realised this is recent releases of OS X, by including sophisticated functions such as Automator, or multiple desktops. These tools are easy to use, but powerful, and way beyond what grandma would want or need. Far beyond the kind of functions that Herzfeld and co would have envisioned back in the early eighties.

[/troll]

xStep
Sep 27, 2007, 03:24 AM
nice update, but iMovie is still useless because of bad video quality.
The video quality seemed fine to me when I worked with a 1080i source just last week.

peeeter
Sep 27, 2007, 05:17 AM
From DV video it throws away every second line. That is done even with source shot in progressive mode.

The video quality seemed fine to me when I worked with a 1080i source just last week.

asrai
Sep 27, 2007, 06:10 AM
Thank you Apple for addressing many concerns and requests!!! :)

jacg
Sep 27, 2007, 06:50 AM
Sorry if someone has already pointed this out. Has anyone noticed the new combined folder+disclosure triangle? If you have a folder in the album section of iPhoto, the triangle is on the folder.

I'll try to attach a screenshot to show what I mean. Is this a glitch or a new direction for flippy triangles?

milo
Sep 27, 2007, 07:18 AM
The only apps that are 64-bit in Leopard I believe is Chess. There isn't anything good that 64-bit would provide any of the built in apps.

I wouldn't expect much but it would make sense for apple to throw in one or two, even if it's only to provide an example for devs.

With Chess, is there a way to tell that it is 64 bit, is that shown in the get info box? And is there a way to run it in 32 bit mode, like the checkbox you can use to force rosetta with universal apps on intel macs?

AquaVita
Sep 27, 2007, 07:50 AM

First thing I thought of. LOL

Foggy
Sep 27, 2007, 07:54 AM
Did this update do anything for setting the start and stop frames for the ken burns effect outside of the picture... i.e. start with the entire picture in view, even if there has to be black on either side of the picture to get the entire thing to fit into the screen? The previous iMovie handled that with no problem, but '08 made you take up the entire screen with a picture when doing ken burns. I'll be way excited if that is the case!!! I'm stuck at work and can't go try it for myself.

Glad to see I am not the only one getting p'ed off with this - I use photos a lot in my family movies as I dont always carry a video camera around so find that it works well to fill out a holiday movie. Unfortunately this version doesnt seem to fix that - it also still doesnt seem to let me preview the ken burns effect either :mad:

I really like iMovie 08 - I love the way it catalogues my video onto my external drive and that I can easily pick and choose clips. The inability to edit the audio levels with the same flexibility you had in the timeline, the limited ken burns ability and the fact you cant import mpegs from iphoto all add up to driving me nuts - I really dont want to go back to iMovie HD as I much prefer the way you select clips and the ease with with you can build the movies in iMovie 08, but without those features it isnt really much of an upgrade for me :(

mwp98223
Sep 27, 2007, 07:55 AM

Well, it removes "Events" from the list in Front Row, which prevents Front Row from crashing when you try and play an event. I don't see that as a solution since now you must create albums if you want discrete events to show in Front Row. What's the point of introducing "events" in iPhoto for organization if we are forced to revert to the "old" method of creating new albums?

mwp98223
Sep 27, 2007, 07:58 AM
Sorry if someone has already pointed this out. Has anyone noticed the new combined folder+disclosure triangle? If you have a folder in the album section of iPhoto, the triangle is on the folder.

I'll try to attach a screenshot to show what I mean. Is this a glitch or a new direction for flippy triangles?

Is that iPhoto? I don't see that in my update.

mwp98223
Sep 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
It works great for me now. Before if I choose to view one of the events from iPhoto using Front Row it would cause a crash between iPhoto and Front Row.

Do you see "Events" listed as an option in Front Row with the new update?

Fabio_gsilva
Sep 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
I love having updtates.

So, waiting now 10.4.11...\\Go, Apple!!

donlphi
Sep 27, 2007, 09:24 AM
So can we...

Save a frame from a movie as a pic or jpg?
Edit Chapters?

Just curious... I did the install, but didn't notice anything different.

This new iMovie was the biggest step backwards apple has ever taken. Is is total crap. It is dumbed down to grade school level and lacks any quality editing tools.

I guess I'll go back to using an old version of final cut pro I used to use.

smirk
Sep 27, 2007, 10:52 AM

I wish they'd make this an option. However, I did a test with two 4 megapixel photos. I had them blown up at Costco to 8"x10" twice: once as the original 1.5 MB images straight from the camera, and then again as the 350 KB files that I downloaded from my .Mac web gallery (these are the ones that iPhoto recompressed when it uploaded).

I have to say that at 8x10 the difference was imperceptible. I shuffled them up and studied both sets of photos and was unable to tell which was clearer, sharper, or had less compression artifacts. One part of one photo *maybe* had a tiny bit of artifact, but on the whole it was pretty impressive (to me).

mrkgoo
Sep 27, 2007, 12:26 PM

that's a glitch.

You probably already know, but it goes away after closing and reopening - I had that once before the update.

A very real change from the update is that importing images now offers to delete your images from the source AFTER importing.

Forced Perfect
Sep 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
Doesn't address the two things I want fixed/added:

1. Hitting delete doesn't seem to work when in an album (or maybe only Smart Albums). I have to go to library view to delete photos from my "not in an album" album. :P

2. I want support for Canon 40D RAW files! That's all I care about right now.

Floris
Sep 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
I just received the following updates an hour ago.

Numbers Update 1.0.1
This update primarily addresses issues with tables and performance

Pages Update 3.0.1
This update primarily addresses issues with change tracking and performance

Keynote Update 4.0.1
This update primarily addresses issues with builds and performance

Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update
his EFI Firmware Update fixes several fan behavior and Boot Camp issues on Mac Pro computers.

After the firmware is successfully applied to your computer, your BootROM Version will be either:
MP11.005C.B08 or MP21.007F.B06

You can confirm the version of the Boot ROM installed on your computer using System Profiler.

To complete the firmware update process, please follow the instructions in the updater application (/Applications/Utilities/Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update.app). The updater will launch automatically when the Installer closes.

None of these require a reboot. (unless you run the firmware update program, which requires a shutdown)

herr_neumann
Sep 27, 2007, 05:28 PM
Time to add iWeb to the list.

looking4anotebo
Sep 27, 2007, 05:51 PM
From DV video it throws away every second line. That is done even with source shot in progressive mode.

And DV looks great with my mbp.

It's not imovie, it's your hard drive or your camcorder.

FJ218700
Sep 27, 2007, 06:36 PM
Doesn't address the two things I want fixed/added:

1. Hitting delete doesn't seem to work when in an album (or maybe only Smart Albums). I have to go to library view to delete photos from my "not in an album" album. :P

to delete from the library when in an album, hit control-option-delete (might be control-option-command-delete, or just command-delete, if forget for sure)

Eduardo1971
Sep 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hopefully this resolves iWeb '08 crashing *repeatedly* and *corrupting* my web site created under the previous version of iWeb. I plunked down money to buy iLife '08 and iWeb '08 has been really horrible!

Bosunsfate
Sep 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
Hopefully this resolves iWeb '08 crashing *repeatedly* and *corrupting* my web site created under the previous version of iWeb. I plunked down money to buy iLife '08 and iWeb '08 has been really horrible!

They just released iWeb 2.0.2, downloading now.

aafuss1
Sep 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/iweb202.html-if you can't get it through SU OK, get the update here.

peeeter
Sep 28, 2007, 04:08 AM
I guess we have different quality standards.

iMovie's improper handling of DV is widely discussed in different sites and forums . Just couple of examples:
http://www.sanneblad.se/johan/imovie08_vs_studio11.html
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5288052

I can understand removing interlaced fields on real time playback, but why should they do it on export. Most of modern DV cameras have progressive mode. iMove 08 seems to make no difference and removes lines also from non-interlaced video. As the software is capable of handling HD, there shouldn't be any performance issues why they should cut out half of the lines.

And DV looks great with my mbp.

It's not imovie, it's your hard drive or your camcorder.

langis.elbasunu
Sep 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
The last 2 times I tried to install the iphoto update it gets hung up at about 50% and I have to do a hard shut down. This sucks!! Anyone have any similar issues?

Perdix
Sep 28, 2007, 01:46 PM
For the first time in my life Apple have let me down.

7.1 freeze after 30 seconds or so and is completely unusable. iPhoto 7.1 works fine until I try to select Preferences and then freezes.

I'm using a dual 2.0 G5.

SiliconAddict
Sep 29, 2007, 03:20 AM
Well thank you Apple. Somehow they managed to make iPhoto slower with this update. It now takes 5-7 seconds to open iPhoto and there is a lag even when I close it. :mad: All I have in this library is 700 or so picts. The same behavior is in all 4 libraries I have. No addins. Rebooted. Ran a permissions check. Are these people incompetent?

Bosunsfate
Sep 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
Well thank you Apple. Somehow they managed to make iPhoto slower with this update. It now takes 5-7 seconds to open iPhoto and there is a lag even when I close it. :mad: All I have in this library is 700 or so picts. The same behavior is in all 4 libraries I have. No addins. Rebooted. Ran a permissions check. Are these people incompetent?

Have your reported your issues to Apple on the support site? I'm sure there is something unique about either the library or your configuration that obviously wasn't part of the test program. After all, its not like the kind of performance you are reporting is the same as others.

I upgraded and iPhoto still scrolls like butter. :rolleyes: And my library have over 1800 photos.