PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed!

APPLEFAN8
Oct 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
Who's getting this game? I'm getting it for ps3, it looks so sweet!

michaelltd
Oct 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking of picking it up for 360. That and Mario Galaxy. Ohhh yeeaaah!

APPLEFAN8
Oct 23, 2007, 08:36 PM
yup Assasins creed looks amazing I can't wait and HAZE!

Mackilroy
Oct 23, 2007, 08:50 PM
I'll more than likely buy it for the Xbox 360, if I buy it at all.

fistful
Oct 23, 2007, 08:52 PM
Just picked up an Xbox 360 Pro bundle today with a free copy of Guitar Hero II w/guitar controller in anticipation of Assassin's Creed.

Nov. 13 is the release right?

2nyRiggz
Oct 23, 2007, 08:58 PM
I'll be getting this for the PS3.....although i'm kinda skeptical about this title now...I smell GTA: medieval all over this title.

who can't figure out whats going on in this game(all the glitchy looking stuff) by now haven't been following at all.

Bless

sikkinixx
Oct 23, 2007, 09:29 PM
I have it ordered for my PS3 but it might get bumped since CoD4, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Mario and Disgaea are all ahead of it :P

Dagless
Oct 23, 2007, 10:03 PM
What's the difference between the 360 and PS3 versions?

And will there be a PC version?

sikkinixx
Oct 23, 2007, 10:08 PM
What's the difference between the 360 and PS3 versions?

The IGN dudes said they couldn't see any differences at all, so I'm guessing just achievements?

GFLPraxis
Oct 24, 2007, 04:04 PM
The devs I talked to said the goal is for them to be pretty much identical.

Much Ado
Oct 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
Apparently it was a struggle getting it onto a standard DVD for the 360, though.

sikkinixx
Oct 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
Apparently it was a struggle getting it onto a standard DVD for the 360, though.

IIRC dealing with the split memory of the PS3 was hard as well, but hopefully they get it all working fine.

MacRumorUser
Oct 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
Will wait to see the reviews and which version is better and then make my purchase decision based on that.

Antares
Oct 24, 2007, 05:13 PM
PS3 version for me

2nyRiggz
Oct 24, 2007, 08:12 PM
Will wait to see the reviews and which version is better and then make my purchase decision based on that.

Don't count on it fella.....unless every single reviewer says whatever version is better then I'll take what they say into account.

I just got my 360 back(today) but I'll still get it for the PS3.....I'm very iffy about this new box and I dont want it playing games that can break it again(I know but I can't help but think)

Bless

bluebomberman
Oct 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
Am I the only person who thinks that the combat looks dreadful? Enemies just kinda stand there waiting for your character to counter-pwn them one by one, even when they have you surrounded 10-to-1. Reminds me, unfortunately, of Heavenly Sword and even Dynasty Warriors...

Latest footage here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26570.html?type=mov). Fast forward to the assassination about 2/3 in to see the combat.

Piarco
Oct 25, 2007, 03:45 AM
With the sheer volume of games I want coming out in November, Assassins Creed has gone from a "must have" to a rental for me - gameplay concerns as stated by bluebomberman... I'll read the reviews with interest, but I'll have COD4 and AC6 on the go, with Mass Effect around the corner. Halo3 and MOH:A are still being hammered in multiplayer too, so Creed can definitely wait...

MacRumorUser
Oct 25, 2007, 03:59 AM
Don't count on it fella.....unless every single reviewer says whatever version is better then I'll take what they say into account.

GAMES™ usually tell you what difference there are between the two versions, as do IGN.

But actually what will probably happen is I'll just pick it up for whatever I can get it the cheapest for.

As its ubisoft it will be region free so I'll probably grab a 360 asian copy for €35 (£23)

Antares
Apr 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
Okay, so I finally beat Assassin's Creed last night....and had a lot of fun doing so. The game was beautiful and the sheer scope and volume of the cities were amazing. The details! It was a graphically stunning game. Combat was fun and realistic. The story was engaging (I can't wait for the sequel to see how the story continues). That said, the missions were too repetitive. I would have like more variety there. The AI also wasn't completely logical....why would the drunks and street tards push and grope Altair and not any of the other people around? Why would the guards attack Altair if he was the one being pushed and attacked?
Oh, and Desmond and Lucy really should have hooked up. I tried everything to see if that was possible. And it's not like there weren't any opportunities...there were lots of moments where they were left alone after Vidic (or whatever his name is - the doctor guy) left the room. But this obviously wasn't a part of the game. Though, you can tell he was attracted to her.

Anyway, this was actually a pretty good game. I can't wait for the sequel. They just need to beef up the mission variety.

psychofreak
Apr 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
I thought it was graphically good, and the movement was fantastically smooth. However, the game was waaaay too easy, and very repetitive.

Zwhaler
Apr 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
I thought it was graphically good, and the movement was fantastically smooth. However, the game was waaaay too easy, and very repetitive.

I agree. I havent beat the whole thing, but I wasnt too impressed by what I played. Visually great, controlled great, but I just didnt feel like there was a lot of variety. Not to mention that at times the AI is absolutely laughable (like when you are fighting a group but only one person at a time attacks you)

pcypert
Apr 7, 2008, 11:31 AM
Same here. Beat it pretty easy. Took longer than Mass Effect though...but I saved all the civilians and did all the towers. Skipped most of the Informers though...some of them were just plain frustrating :)

Good start to a series for sure. I look forward to the added quest types on the PC as that will give an idea what they're thinking for in the future.

Hope they pick a different time period for the sequel. Tired of Holy War. Maybe some other period. Restoration France would be good. Very into socially acceptable behaviors :D

Paul

Antares
Apr 7, 2008, 11:59 AM
Not to mention that at times the AI is absolutely laughable (like when you are fighting a group but only one person at a time attacks you)
Yes, my gripes are with the logic of the AI. But I've had multiple people attacking me at the same time. Three at once, even....A templar next to me started slashing me just as I was about to dodge an attack from a templar in front of me. This only happened on several instances.

Same here. Beat it pretty easy. Took longer than Mass Effect though...but I saved all the civilians and did all the towers. Skipped most of the Informers though...some of them were just plain frustrating :)

Hope they pick a different time period for the sequel. Tired of Holy War. Maybe some other period. Restoration France would be good. Very into socially acceptable behaviors :D

Same here. I missed a few informers but got most of them. Got all the towers and saved all the citizens. But there's no way I'm going to try and find all of the flags...

I'm thinking that the sequel will take place in Feudal Japan. You get hints with the writing at the end. Bit that's just a guess and I may be reading too much into it.

MacRumorUser
Apr 7, 2008, 05:37 PM
It was a very good albeit flawed game. I still have masses to do in it though, but I will get there...... eventually :)

Taustin Powers
Apr 8, 2008, 03:02 AM
It was pretty good, graphics were awesome, but it really didn't live up to its potential.

From the previews, I was really looking forward to the whole investigating aspect of the game, hunting for information and stuff. Climbing towers to scout out guard locations, coming up with a strategy to infiltrate places, you know...using your brain? But that turned out to be a completely meaningless "beat up three guys to get a big X on the map" mechanic. None of the "information" gathered from the laughable dialogues of the investigations had any sort of consequence. In the end, I even stopped listening, knowing I would just get a big fat X on the map anyways, and all I can do is walk to it and then beat up more guys with swords.

Lots of wasted potential there...

Antares
Apr 8, 2008, 10:18 AM
From the previews, I was really looking forward to the whole investigating aspect of the game, hunting for information and stuff. Climbing towers to scout out guard locations, coming up with a strategy to infiltrate places, you know...using your brain? But that turned out to be a completely meaningless "beat up three guys to get a big X on the map" mechanic. None of the "information" gathered from the laughable dialogues of the investigations had any sort of consequence. In the end, I even stopped listening, knowing I would just get a big fat X on the map anyways, and all I can do is walk to it and then beat up more guys with swords.

Lots of wasted potential there...

I completely agree. That made it too easy. I initially thought that I would be getting clues and have to find my assassination targets based on the information that I obtained...."he is reportedly hiding out in a warehouse near a church" ....I would then have to find the church with a warehouse near it. ...Instead, the game gives you an X on the map, showing you where to go. Though, I suppose you DO have the option to turn off the map points and only go off the clues.

Another cool thing would have been to have a real-time night/day element to the game (like in Majora's Mask) where you'd get information that a target would be somewhere at a certain point in the day....and you would have to be there at that time to complete your objective. Or things like, during the day, the streets are more crowded and you have a lot of opportunities to get lost in the crowd, shops and buildings are open and less guarded. At night, the streets are mostly empty and you can sneak and hide in shadows but there are no vigilantes to help you flee from guards, buildings and locations are more heavily guarded. During the day, you can be spotted by guards from further away. At night, they don't see you unless you are closer, etc... There is a lot of potential that was missed and could (hopefully) be covered in future Creed games.

pcypert
Apr 8, 2008, 10:35 AM
Feudal Japan would be fantastic. Would make for some interesting family bloodlines though :)

There needed to be more planning to the game. Rewards for using civilians you've saved and stuff.

Also you SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICKPOCKET MONEY AND PAY THOSE DAMN B@@@@@S OFF. This game teaches you to hate beggars :) I'll feel dumb if there was this option, but that would really make so much sense. You can get along in your pickpocket quest if you've paid these chicks off and they leave you alone...

I hope they scour forums and do focus groups for the second...because it could be a Game of Year if they do half this stuff.

Paul

MacRumorUser
Apr 8, 2008, 10:40 AM
Basically it was a great premise but just wasn't refined enough in practicality. But as a new IP we can only hope a sequel improves on the good stuff and doesn't fall into the mistakes often made by great new IP's and have utterly average or crap sequels.

themoonisdown09
Dec 22, 2009, 09:23 AM
I just bought this game last night for the PlayStation 3 for $20. From what I've played so far, it's really awesome. I'm glad this game isn't really hard (at least so far) because I'm not really that good.

The one main thing bugging me so far is that you can't skip through the cut-scenes. I like them and all, but I can see this being really annoying if you're playing it the second time through.

MacRumorUser
Dec 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
^ Yeah I restarted a while ago and it irked me that you couldn't skip through them, even the tutorials have to be replayed and they are as boring as hell. :o

themoonisdown09
Dec 22, 2009, 09:53 AM
^ Yeah I restarted a while ago and it irked me that you couldn't skip through them, even the tutorials have to be replayed and they are as boring as hell. :o

Do you know if you can skip the cut scenes in Assassin's Creed 2?

I noticed that there are a lot of improvements with Assassin's Creed 2. The main one (for me) being that you don't die when you go in water. I think it's weird that a great assassin dies when he goes into water.

Antares
Dec 22, 2009, 12:16 PM
I think it's weird that a great assassin dies when he goes into water.

Everyone has a weakness, no matter how powerful or skilled. Superman's is kryptonite. Achilles's was his heel. Samson's was his hair. Altair's was water.....

whooleytoo
Dec 22, 2009, 01:10 PM
Everyone has a weakness, no matter how powerful or skilled. Superman's is kryptonite. Achilles's was his heel. Samson's was his hair. Altair's was water.....

:D

Always annoys me when you have characters who can take dozens of bullets, climb tall buildings, but then can't walk up a slight slope! Or take Sean Devlin (protagonist of The Saboteur) who can climb the Eiffel Tower, survive Zeppelin crashes, but is out-foxed by a clothes-line. Can't brush through it, duck under it, or climb over it.

MacRumorUser
Dec 22, 2009, 02:03 PM
Altair's was water.....

I wonder if he was related ?

http://marionsilver.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wickedwitchmelting.jpg

Huntn
Dec 22, 2009, 03:21 PM

X-Men don't have weaknesses. ;)

2nyRiggz
Dec 22, 2009, 03:29 PM
I'm losing interest in the game...I think I'm halfway through but I have no desire to finish it up. I'll play again soon but for right now I'll put it on the back burner.

Bless