PDA

View Full Version : Y'all happy with your blackbooks?

iMpathetic
Feb 25, 2008, 08:56 PM
I should be getting one tomorrow and want to know what people's general opinions of them are. Any issues? Pleaseant surprises? Complaints?

waterskier2007
Feb 25, 2008, 08:58 PM
had one since june 07. 2 ghz processor 2 gb ram. love it. no problems

iMpathetic
Feb 25, 2008, 09:03 PM
had one since june 07. 2 ghz processor 2 gb ram. love it. no problems

Does it get really hot? That's a concern of mine....

legacyb4
Feb 25, 2008, 09:07 PM
Doesn't get too hot but you definitely do notice the wear/grease spots on the keys after a while...

Vader
Feb 25, 2008, 09:17 PM
I have one, and I didn't use a mouse for the first month that I had it, so the trackpad has a shiny area in the middle of it, other than that, grease from your hands wipes off easily. Mine never gets above 90F on the bottom, and the fans are unnoticeable when surfing the web, chatting, and typing. The fans only become noticeable when playing any type of game or using any processor or graphics intensive app.

LinuXtreme
Feb 25, 2008, 09:26 PM
I'm very satisfied with my BlackBook. I really have no complaints except for the fact that mine (like most others) attracts smudges. They wipe off nicely though. Even though I'm anal about smudges, I'd still recommend it over a white one (though thats just because I prefer black over white or even silver).

As for heat, I'd imagine that it runs just as hot as the midrange MB.

Edit: One pleasant surprise was that it looks so seamless! The IR port, sleep light, and iSight, being black, blend into their surroundings. I've seen the white MacBooks and the aforementioned items stick out against the white background like a sore thumb. Dunno, I'd personally find that a bit irritating to look at all the time (or at least at first as I imagine I'd be able to get used to it. Still for me this was a bonus!).

dlap
Feb 25, 2008, 09:37 PM
I had two of them and I just couldn't live with the smudges. The good: it looks terrific.

MM07
Feb 25, 2008, 09:39 PM
I am very happy with mine as well. I upgraded the RAM to 4g and now I'm looking into getting a bigger HD.

leftfoot
Feb 25, 2008, 09:45 PM
Had mine since August of 2006.

Very happy, but it's hard to ignore the cracks.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2339/2262009396_866af5b577.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2103/2261216527_3d10fbb27f.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2092/2262009264_871cfff4aa.jpg?v=0

:(

mckyvlle
Feb 25, 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm very happy with my BlackBook. Loaded with 4gigs of RAM, it just flies! Easy to wipe of smudges using a damp cloth. No real concerns with heat. Though if I'm gaming I put it on a desk instead of my lap.

Apple will replace a cracked case. There are other threads on this.

iTeen
Feb 25, 2008, 11:15 PM
I couldn't be happier with mine...the only thing i suggest is to buy a thing of iKlear...works wonders with the stupid grease spots on it.

YuriVoorhak
Feb 25, 2008, 11:30 PM
lol smudges. Golly, you'd almost think a computer wasn't a tool used to accomplish a task.;)

I'm pretty happy with mine, but the caveat is that I don't do any heavy lifting with it. In the end, size was the probably the biggest reason I didn't get a MBP, followed closely by nitpicky stuff like the embedded keyboard and no latch. I got the mid 07 model, so I'm also stuck with 2GB of ram. Not a bad model by any means, but definitely "high end consumer" rather than "pro" material. It's almost like they planned it that way. :D

leftfoot
Feb 25, 2008, 11:45 PM
I'm very happy with my BlackBook. Loaded with 4gigs of RAM, it just flies! Easy to wipe of smudges using a damp cloth. No real concerns with heat. Though if I'm gaming I put it on a desk instead of my lap.

Apple will replace a cracked case. There are other threads on this.

I wish I could, but mines out of warranty.

SrMasterSell
Feb 25, 2008, 11:47 PM
I bought my BlackBook Nov. 2007. It is a Core 2 Duo, 2.2 Ghz, 4 gig Ram.

No over heating. Looks terrific. My first Mac and I am very happy with it.

Only one problem so far, it was the DVD player, one of my DVDs makes the computer crash! As long as I don't play that particular DVD, everything works perfectly.

Wireless works flawlessly.

Ron

Zer0
Feb 26, 2008, 01:11 AM
Yes... first mac! Very happy!!

The smudges do pi$$ me off however!

mckyvlle
Feb 26, 2008, 01:30 AM
I wish I could, but mines out of warranty.

It's not a warranty thing, rather a known defect in the plastic/manufacturing process for the MacBook's casing. Try asking an Apple Store about it. The threads I mentioned have experiences of MacBook owners getting their case swapped by Apple because of the cracks, including those out of warranty.

Stuart in Oz
Feb 26, 2008, 02:10 AM
I bought myself one on Sunday and I'm really pleased with it so far.

The black looks way better than the white and the previous poster is right - it makes the joins disappear beautifully. I've had three previous Apple laptops - two white and one titanium - and this one is much nicer to look at.

I would not have chosen a glossy screen if there had been a choice but now that I've got it I really like it. It just makes all the stuff look so much sharper. It wouldn't be right for pro video or image work but for home use it looks great.

The keyboard is the best I've ever typed on. I spent ten minutes in store typing on this and the MBP next to it and this was much more precise for me - I have large hands and the extra space between the keys on the MB was what I preferred. However, if you have smaller hands you may prefer the pro keyboard as the keys are immediately next to each other.

All in all, it's good.

iBookfan
Feb 26, 2008, 02:16 AM

The black looks way better than the white and the previous poster is right - it makes the joins disappear beautifully. I've had three previous Apple laptops - two white and one titanium - and this one is much nicer to look at.

I would not have chosen a glossy screen if there had been a choice but now that I've got it I really like it. It just makes all the stuff look so much sharper. It wouldn't be right for pro video or image work but for home use it looks great.

The keyboard is the best I've ever typed on. I spent ten minutes in store typing on this and the MBP next to it and this was much more precise for me - I have large hands and the extra space between the keys on the MB was what I preferred. However, if you have smaller hands you may prefer the pro keyboard as the keys are immediately next to each other.

All in all, it's good.

Do you use the Moshi PalmGuard to protect the "palm-rest"-area?

I've bought one, but hav'nt got my BlackBook yet :-)

jhande
Feb 26, 2008, 06:00 AM
Bought a CD MB (black) in Oct. '06. No problems whatsoever. Very pleased.

iMpathetic
Feb 26, 2008, 06:04 AM
All right guys, the responses to this thread have been way more positive than I thought they would be. Just what I need to hear. :D

It's actually kinda funny how good of a deal I'm getting. Thinkpad T60 Core Duo, Toshiba Satellite 1.6GHz Pentium 4-M, and $125. In return:

2.2GHz SR blackbook
1GB RAM
160GB HD
Leopard

w00t! :D

oneearth
Feb 26, 2008, 01:04 PM
i got a used first gen blackbook. i'm the sort of the person who lets his car get all dirty, so initially all the smudges were a bother and now i don't even pay attention to them and let them accumulate.

my general sense is that mac laptops don't seem to be built as reliably as pc laptops. with this blackbook, some annoyances that i experience:
- somewhat of a sharp front edge on wrists/lower forearms while typing
- screen flickers intermittently
- i jammed the blackbook into a laptop case that a bit small a few times and then i noticed that some of the black polycarbonate or whatever the material the casing is made of, was rubbed off. i wasn't too impressed that strong rubbing against the case by the material of a laptop bag would take have such a dieting effect. material was rubbed off only on the top cover and not the bottom cover but the top cover is more noticeable.
- no modem or pcmcia slot
- haven't learned yet how to do that two finger right click

i like mac os x and i will continue using this blackbook, but by no means am i totally enamoured by mac laptops. i'm keeping my pc laptops for their greater hardware (yes, windows isn't so hot) reliability and extended function (modem and pcmcia).

so in my mind, neither pc nor macs are the be-all-end-all to computer nirvana.

oneearth
Feb 26, 2008, 01:26 PM
one thing that i forgot to mention that i really, really, really, really like and appreciate about the blackbook is: it is very very quiet with hardly any fan noise at all at any time. :)

i'm just using it for emailing, word processing, desktop publishing, web design and i love the quietness of it. in fact, quietness of any computer is a key factor for choosing a computer and making my computing experience enjoyable.

iMpathetic
Feb 27, 2008, 08:40 PM
Well, guys, I finally got it!!!!! It is an engineering marvel. (read:hawt ;)) Unfortunately, I'm not typing on it right now. At 9:15 my mother made me go to bed, so I'm under the covers on my touch. One question is, why is the iSight so grainy? It seems abnormally bad.

angrygolfer
Feb 27, 2008, 08:44 PM
Well, guys, I finally got it!!!!! It is an engineering marvel. (read:hawt ;)) Unfortunately, I'm not typing on it right now. At 9:15 my mother made me go to bed, so I'm under the covers on my touch. One question is, why is the iSight so grainy? It seems abnormally bad.

Hmmmmm. Mine doesn't seem grainy. Maybe in darker settings it might look that way but in a normal lifghted room it should look pretty decent...

kretzy
Feb 27, 2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, the grainy iSight is usually due to it being too dark.

Joesanerd
Feb 28, 2008, 01:40 AM
...except for the fact that i just bought it a month ago, and they just about doubled the HD...

dtklamf
Feb 28, 2008, 03:20 AM
i bought a refurb.
i hate the glossy screen so %$#@#$$%^ much.

iMpathetic
Feb 28, 2008, 06:23 AM
i bought a refurb.
i hate the glossy screen so %$#@#$$%^ much.

I actually like it, first time I've used a glossy screen.

iMpathetic
Feb 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hmmmmm. Mine doesn't seem grainy. Maybe in darker settings it might look that way but in a normal lifghted room it should look pretty decent...

Yeah, my sister and I were messing around with Photo Booth this morning, it's a lot better.

Cheffy Dave
Feb 28, 2008, 04:15 PM

[SNIP X 3]

WTF, quit dropping it:rolleyes:

maclover92
Feb 28, 2008, 09:44 PM
i am absolutely loving my blackbook
other tahn the fact i bought mine 3 weeks ago,
and now they bumped up the specs on all the new ones.. oh well
and good job on buying all that by yourself, you deserve to have great things if you work hard for them
it says alot if you are 14, make big money of buying and selling on craigslist, and writing for an internet support article..
great job, we need more of you in the world

ColonelSmith
Feb 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
I <3 the glossy screens on the MacBook. But back when I got mine I couldn't bring myself to go Black. White is just so.... Apple. Couldn't resist.

dsnort
Feb 28, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'm on my second Blackbook and I've loved both of them. (The first one suffered a mischief).

Currently have the 2.16 Ghz model with 2 GB RAM.

leftfoot
Feb 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
WTF, quit dropping it:rolleyes:

Never dropped. Ever.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=230291

Maybe you should read that thread. :)

Stuart in Oz
Feb 28, 2008, 10:42 PM
Do you use the Moshi PalmGuard to protect the "palm-rest"-area?

I've bought one, but hav'nt got my BlackBook yet :-)

Um, no, I've not seen that product. But personally I've never worried about getting a worn look on my laptops. I like them when they are nice and shiny new all right but I really live on my laptop and they've all ended up looking battered and marked. Sorry not be more help.

Stuart in Oz
Feb 28, 2008, 10:49 PM

At least I was until this morning when the hard drive failed big time. :(

However, in every cloud there is a silver lining - and - my Merom 1/160GB machine went back as a DOA three hours ago and a nice new Penryn 2/250GB came out for me!!! :)

I was screaming on Tuesday cause I just missed out on the upgrade by 4 days and I had really wanted a 250 gig hard drive in the first place. And today was the last day I could have had a DOA as well!

Only issue now is I paid to upgrade the old machine to 2 gig of RAM and the new one already has that, so I made sure I retrieved my 2 x 1 gig chips from the old machine and now I need to find a way to sell them off and get my money back. ;)

QCassidy352
Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 PM
I've had mine for all of one evening, but so far I love it! :D

SFStateStudent
Feb 28, 2008, 11:03 PM
and now, I can come outta' the closet. Gave up the White MB 2.16 120GB, yesterday for the Brand Spankin' New BlackBook 2.4 250GB. I had configured everything for the White MB, but they didn't have "it" in stock. They said it would have taken a few days to configure the computer, so the Store Manager said, "I can get you the BlackBook for the same price!" So, I bit like a dog goin' after fleas, and have enjoyed the two-day adventure, and have had very little sleep! I don't miss the White MB, and the last trip through airport security the TSA people rubbed the cloth over my keyboard and left a reddish-pinkish mark that was quite visible above the touchpad until I put the iKlear to it. So, now I've said it! No looking back, and living high on the hog!!! :cool:

iMpathetic
Mar 3, 2008, 10:39 PM
Well, just an update, I guess. I love mine to bits. Hooked it up to my JBL Creatures and MX Revolution. Everything I need in a computer. :)

Bit grimy though...

KruseF1
Mar 3, 2008, 11:38 PM
Bought my blackbook back in 2006 (core duo). It's my first mac and I can say that I've been very happy with it but I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade.

Kruse

razyorv
Mar 4, 2008, 02:53 AM
My 2.16 BlackBook with 2GB is great! No problems whatsoever. However, when I work on large print projects (8000px x 6000px) it does show its lack of a dedicated graphics; but other than that, I'm very happy.

trip1ex
Mar 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
Got mine the other day. Refurb.

iSight sucks on mine for video. The playback is pretty choppy. Is that the norm? IT's definitely not smooth like my iMac. The frame rate is definitely a good chunk south of 24 fps.

The screen also has a poor vertical viewing angle.

I'm warming up a bit to the laptop. Still I might return it.

dizzlemizzle
Mar 4, 2008, 08:04 PM
really like mine...i bought it at the beginning of the month...2.2 ghz with 1gb ram and 160 gb HDD....kinda disappointed with the upgrade but its not a big deal.

i just bought 4gb of ram so i'm looking foward to that...then in a couple months i'll probably upgrade the hard drive to 500gb when they're released

xraydoc
Mar 4, 2008, 09:14 PM
My 2.16 BlackBook with 2GB is great! No problems whatsoever. However, when I work on large print projects (8000px x 6000px) it does show its lack of a dedicated graphics; but other than that, I'm very happy.

What you need is RAM, not a better graphics chip. A graphics chip will help with 3D stuff. Page layout, Photoshop, etc., will benefit from RAM far more than a faster graphics chip.

Your machine, if its a Core Duo, is stuck at 2GB. If its a Core 2 Duo, it'll take 3GB.

mckyvlle
Mar 4, 2008, 09:45 PM
What you need is RAM, not a better graphics chip. A graphics chip will help with 3D stuff. Page layout, Photoshop, etc., will benefit from RAM far more than a faster graphics chip.

Your machine, if its a Core Duo, is stuck at 2GB. If its a Core 2 Duo, it'll take 3GB.

While Santa Rosa Core 2 Duos and Penryns go up to 4gigs.

jayeskreezy
Mar 4, 2008, 10:21 PM
i got a used first gen blackbook. i'm the sort of the person who lets his car get all dirty, so initially all the smudges were a bother and now i don't even pay attention to them and let them accumulate.

my general sense is that mac laptops don't seem to be built as reliably as pc laptops. with this blackbook, some annoyances that i experience:
- somewhat of a sharp front edge on wrists/lower forearms while typing
- screen flickers intermittently
- i jammed the blackbook into a laptop case that a bit small a few times and then i noticed that some of the black polycarbonate or whatever the material the casing is made of, was rubbed off. i wasn't too impressed that strong rubbing against the case by the material of a laptop bag would take have such a dieting effect. material was rubbed off only on the top cover and not the bottom cover but the top cover is more noticeable.
- no modem or pcmcia slot
- haven't learned yet how to do that two finger right click

i like mac os x and i will continue using this blackbook, but by no means am i totally enamoured by mac laptops. i'm keeping my pc laptops for their greater hardware (yes, windows isn't so hot) reliability and extended function (modem and pcmcia).

so in my mind, neither pc nor macs are the be-all-end-all to computer nirvana.

you probably would've enjoyed a macbook pro better :)

vansouza
Mar 4, 2008, 10:53 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2339/2262009396_866af5b577.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2103/2261216527_3d10fbb27f.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2092/2262009264_871cfff4aa.jpg?v=0

Won't Apple Care fix the unit for you, because if that kind of damage is not covered then I am not going to get one.

iMpathetic
Mar 7, 2008, 03:06 PM
While Santa Rosa Core 2 Duos and Penryns go up to 4gigs.

Yup! I can't wait to stuff mine with 4GB.

MacGeekDC
Mar 8, 2008, 01:30 AM
No the penryns are better then the meroms i owned both the new ones cool better for a nice suprize i think the vents bigger

kerotab
Mar 8, 2008, 01:38 PM
I've had mine since April '07 and have had no problems what so ever. My only gripe about it is that the keyboard can get dirty easily but hey, nobody said it was perfect! =)

bluedoggiant
Mar 8, 2008, 01:41 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I want one!! I don't think I'm gonna get a white one

trip1ex
Mar 9, 2008, 12:05 AM
I ended up returning my black refurb MB.

I don't know what I'm getting now. I don't absolutely need a laptop, but like moving around the house with one when I had it. Right now I move my 17" iMac around the house except it doesn't work well on the couch. :P IT does well on the coffee table though.

I'm getting closer and closer to eliminating the MBP from consideration as more and more I don't want the gaming temptation.

That leaves me at the MBA or trying another MB. I like the black better, but would probably get a new middle of the road whitey one. The MBA rocks with the trackpad and screen and size and everything really but hd space.

Pacer69
Mar 9, 2008, 11:51 AM
lol smudges. Golly, you'd almost think a computer wasn't a tool used to accomplish a task.;)

I'm pretty happy with mine, but the caveat is that I don't do any heavy lifting with it. In the end, size was the probably the biggest reason I didn't get a MBP, followed closely by nitpicky stuff like the embedded keyboard and no latch. I got the mid 07 model, so I'm also stuck with 2GB of ram. Not a bad model by any means, but definitely "high end consumer" rather than "pro" material. It's almost like they planned it that way. :D

Lost me there...that model is upgradeable to at least 3 if not 4gb of RAM. You're not stuck with 2gb...at all. :D

BTW your reasons for getting a MB are pretty much my exact reasons for upgrading from my PB 1.67 to a BlackBook.:cool: Not too worried about the heavy lifting as I don't game on my 'puter and I figure a 2.2 or 2.4 MB will be a big performance increase over my PowerBook, even in occasional iMovie/iDVD stuff.

iMpathetic
Mar 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
Lost me there...that model is upgradeable to at least 3 if not 4gb of RAM. You're not stuck with 2gb...at all. :D

BTW your reasons for getting a MB are pretty much my exact reasons for upgrading from my PB 1.67 to a BlackBook.:cool: Not too worried about the heavy lifting as I don't game on my 'puter and I figure a 2.2 or 2.4 MB will be a big performance increase over my PowerBook, even in occasional iMovie/iDVD stuff.

Okay, speaking of huge performance gains....

My main 'puter is a PMG3 with three 19" displays. CRTs.

Shazam.

Yeah, BlackBook, you're inferior. I'm sorry. :p

Pacer69
Mar 11, 2008, 10:34 AM

Shazam.

Ah, you must have that G3 setup in an airplane hangar! Those CRTs take up some real estate! :D

gkarris
Mar 11, 2008, 11:42 PM
Not really.

I wanted it to also have:

16 Gigs RAM
500 Gig SSD
Blu-ray/HD DVD RW Drive
3.0 GHz Octo Core
Backlit Keyboard
2 x 512 Meg ATI Graphics in SLI

And a 128 Gig iPod Touch (free after rebate).

All for $999 :eek:

I didn't get any of these... :p

HoldFastHope
Mar 12, 2008, 01:31 AM
I didn't get any of these... :p

No matte screen? :p

mikky05v
Mar 12, 2008, 01:38 AM
All right guys, the responses to this thread have been way more positive than I thought they would be. Just what I need to hear. :D

It's actually kinda funny how good of a deal I'm getting. Thinkpad T60 Core Duo, Toshiba Satellite 1.6GHz Pentium 4-M, and $125. In return:

2.2GHz SR blackbook
1GB RAM
160GB HD
Leopard

w00t! :D

that's the exact specs of my new one I just got..
I waited for months for a black one to show up refurbished..
White is nice and all but it's different
the track pad is more glossy, the case feels odd, even the keys don't seem right lol.. at least not after having a blackbook since the MB was released.
I definitelt prefer it but i guess it's all based on preference, i have friends who would never buy a black one.. whatever tho, i love it
smudges are way better on the new ones and it comes with a handy cloth that kills umm easy

iMpathetic
Mar 25, 2008, 04:27 PM
that's the exact specs of my new one I just got..
I waited for months for a black one to show up refurbished..
White is nice and all but it's different
the track pad is more glossy, the case feels odd, even the keys don't seem right lol.. at least not after having a blackbook since the MB was released.
I definitelt prefer it but i guess it's all based on preference, i have friends who would never buy a black one.. whatever tho, i love it
smudges are way better on the new ones and it comes with a handy cloth that kills umm easy

Selling it for $1150 tonight. The end of an era. :)

imfrog2002
Mar 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
I had a White Macbook for almost a year, and I had nothing but trouble, I got a Blackbook (my white one broke, got a new one, and it was black. :D) and it's been awesome. Not a single problem, and it is seamless. On the white one, the iSight, IR, and sleep ports were a little bit distracting. The blackbook is SO streamlined, and sleek. I think it looks, and works better than the MBP. :D It's also amazingly fast. I bootcamped XP onto it, and it's faster than the new computer that my mom got, and it's stats are supposedly better. I love it.

iMpathetic
Mar 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
I had a White Macbook for almost a year, and I had nothing but trouble, I got a Blackbook (my white one broke, got a new one, and it was black. :D) and it's been awesome. Not a single problem, and it is seamless. On the white one, the iSight, IR, and sleep ports were a little bit distracting. The blackbook is SO streamlined, and sleek. I think it looks, and works better than the MBP. :D It's also amazingly fast. I bootcamped XP onto it, and it's faster than the new computer that my mom got, and it's stats are supposedly better. I love it.

Shut up......

Making me sad! :(

kamm
Mar 25, 2008, 05:13 PM
It's OK. I still miss our top-notch Vaio SZ - a FAR BETTER HW than this new BlackBook, passed to my parents - but hey, that couldn't run Leopard while this one runs XP.:cool:

sixtyone
Mar 25, 2008, 06:14 PM
i'm still in a constant debate with myself over getting the blackbook or a MBP...

what makes me lean towards the MBP is the resolution... the screen just seems way too small on the blackbook

xraydoc
Mar 25, 2008, 11:08 PM

Shazam.

Let's see you take that with you on a plane, to Starbucks, to give a presentation someplace... ;)

asmallchild
Mar 26, 2008, 04:10 AM
i'm still in a constant debate with myself over getting the blackbook or a MBP...

what makes me lean towards the MBP is the resolution... the screen just seems way too small on the blackbook

For me, it was the finger stains. :o

siurpeeman
Mar 26, 2008, 04:17 AM
i picked up a refurb 2.2 ghz a few weeks ago, and i've been loving it ever since. anybody who knows me will tell you i'd be the type of person who'd be bothered by the smudges, but i'm surprisingly not. it's a computer, and i'm using it. i clean it every few days, and it's good enough for me.

iMpathetic
Mar 26, 2008, 06:04 AM
i'd be the type of person who'd be bothered by the smudges, but i'm surprisingly not. it's a computer, and i'm using it. i clean it every few days, and it's good enough for me.

Ha ha, when I had mine, I never, NEVER wiped it off. :D

I agree completely with you. Computers are meant to be used!

OZMP
Mar 26, 2008, 07:54 AM
i bought one today, went in to buy a base model white one LOL
I like it, cant compete with the macpro, but its not designed too. this keyboard is re-teaching me too touchtype as my bad habbits are a no go on a lappy keyboard lol.

i bought it for when i want to browse while on the couch or dont want to wake the GF, and the MP will still be my main machine... i control the screen from this machine, currently encoding movies on the MP while on the couch :D
Only gripe is the battery life seems to be non-existant even after a charge til full.
cheers,

iMpathetic
Mar 27, 2008, 06:18 AM
i bought one today, went in to buy a base model white one LOL
I like it, cant compete with the macpro, but its not designed too. this keyboard is re-teaching me too touchtype as my bad habbits are a no go on a lappy keyboard lol.

i bought it for when i want to browse while on the couch or dont want to wake the GF, and the MP will still be my main machine... i control the screen from this machine, currently encoding movies on the MP while on the couch :D
Only gripe is the battery life seems to be non-existant even after a charge til full.
cheers,

Have you calibrated (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh2339.html) it?

dubhe
Mar 27, 2008, 06:23 AM
Received my new one today, love it. Ok, it is a lot more than the white one for what it is but you won't regret it! See it here with my old 12" PB :)

OZMP
Mar 27, 2008, 07:40 AM
Have you calibrated (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh2339.html) it?

my internet is capped atm so cant load much, but i set the energy saver prefs to save power when on battery and go nuts when plugged in.

cheers,

iMpathetic
Mar 27, 2008, 07:58 AM
my internet is capped atm so cant load much, but i set the energy saver prefs to save power when on battery and go nuts when plugged in.

cheers,

All right then, here's the process.

Plug in, let it charge until it's at 100%
Keep it charged for two hours
Drain it until it goes to sleep
Leave it for five hours
Charge it back up to 100%

Your battery is now calibrated! :)

iMpathetic
Apr 12, 2008, 03:12 PM
Grrr...

Every time I read this thread, tears come to my eyes.

Why the *** did I sell it? :(

archesdevil
Apr 12, 2008, 03:16 PM
Love mine! :D