Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
i left it on my table and i just came back, i am using a hairdryer to wipe them off they come out from keyboard and from the vents! help me out

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
I would keep your computer off, and just leave it alone for awhile ... there can't be anything in there that they want... so once they get board and move on you should be fine ...

(at least, thats what my logic is telling me right now):confused:

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Ok, everything is stable now. They stopped getting out from the keys and the vents. I am scared, how should I put my computer on the freezer?

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
You don't want to put it in the freezer; besides the possibility of damaging something, you'd be hard pressed to get dead ants out of the device without opening it. I'd stick with one of the sugar/honey ideas.

nfg315

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
NYC
haha, this is pretty funny

just dont let the ants go back in the macbook with the honey or sugar...that would be messy

i dont know about fridge/freezer...youll have to watch for condensation. obviously turn it off and take out the battery...after you take it back out, wait a day or so to let it dry before putting the battery back in

edit: just thought of this - get one of those canned air deals and blow them out of there

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Exactly, go buy FCP or something intensive (or just rip a DVD, I kid) and try to run it on your MB, that should make it uncomfortably warm. I dunno why they'd be in it though, maybe it's because it looks like a big shiny white tic-tac.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I killed about 3-4 in the past 5 min. They get out from the keys, vents and cd slot. Typing this i killed 3 more.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
My girlfriend's MacBook made me LOL every time I used it. For weeks ants would appear from the crevices. Of course she lives at Starbucks and I am sure there were plenty of crumbs to sustain life. I would leave it adjacent one of those traps (just occurred that if you placed it too close they would crawl back in and then die).

MacBook -------2 ft---------- Ant Poison -----------3 ft---------- Pile o' Moist Sugar

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.