PDA

View Full Version : My Shuffle Died... Help!

rickboy
Mar 31, 2008, 09:31 AM
My shuffle is dead. Anyway i can fix it? What happens is that when i press play the green light flashes followed by the orange light and the BOOM... its shuts off! The red light does not go on and I had been charging it for the last 2 days. But when i press play this happens and it doesnt even make a sound anymore. Ive had it for little over a month and i never banged it around or treated it badly. So what could it be? Is apple slipping in the production quality department or what? Its a 1G version of the new ones that clip on. I restored and updated the software for it and still nothin.

rickboy
Mar 31, 2008, 11:11 AM
aww man... 22 views and not yet 1 sinle reply is this thread that pathetic? I just wanna know if i can save my iPOD shuffle.

kevinws
Mar 31, 2008, 01:41 PM
I had this happen to mine. For some reason it stopped charging from my usb port. The usb port is fine. My 5.5 iPod charges fine off the port as does my cell phone. Anyway I plugged it into into a generic usb wall charger and let it sit overnight. It now holds a full charge and I can charge it off the usb port on my pc.

hope this helps

Kevin

zainjetha
Mar 31, 2008, 01:57 PM
if its still in warranty and registered take it in to an applestore and they should
replace immediately

weckart
Mar 31, 2008, 06:03 PM
deleted

Cheffy Dave
Mar 31, 2008, 07:37 PM
My shuffle is dead. Anyway i can fix it? What happens is that when i press play the green light flashes followed by the orange light and the BOOM... its shuts off! The red light does not go on and I had been charging it for the last 2 days. But when i press play this happens and it doesnt even make a sound anymore. Ive had it for little over a month and i never banged it around or treated it badly. So what could it be? Is apple slipping in the production quality department or what? Its a 1G version of the new ones that clip on. I restored and updated the software for it and still nothin.

Slipping on quality, i think not. Mine's been through the washer/dryer 4 times,:eek: dried it out,still works. it's now in the hands of my 7 year old grandaughter:rolleyes:
Apple rocks:D:apple::apple: