PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Apps thread

Pages : [1] 2

EmptyPockets
Jul 11, 2008, 08:39 AM
lets start a thread for all of the "Coming Soon" applications out there.

When will I be able to copy and paste? send a picture message?

Thanks,

Andrey

richard.mac
Jul 11, 2008, 08:44 AM
Adium may develop an app after the SDK is released as they have to release the source code under GPL agreements but the source code cannot be released under Apple agreements while using the SDK beta.

http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/AdiumForiPhone

i also havent seen Spore in the App Store which will not doubt be an exciting and expected release.

Buschmaster
Jul 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
I believe Spore is said to be coming out in September.

I'm never really sure when to talk about my own apps on here but I have a few...

I suppose I'll just talk about the one that should be on today or real soon since it was submitted early this week.

Briefly...
It will give you the nutritional information of different restaurants. So you pick your restaurant and you get their menu and then you can also add it to your "plate" which can store things maybe such as... A burger, fries, a drink and a dessert. Then it will add together all of those nutritional facts for you. I'll attach a couple screenshots to give you better ideas.

smfinlay
Jul 11, 2008, 10:03 AM
1 password is said to be coming out soon.

Sneak Peek 1password (http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/08/sneak-peek-1password-iphone-pics/)

Korb91
Jul 11, 2008, 10:10 AM
MobileScrobbler is coming soon, and I'm crossing fingers for a fast Peggle release!

bvolt3000
Jul 11, 2008, 10:11 AM
anyone else drooling over the possibility of a slingbox app?

Buschmaster
Jul 11, 2008, 10:14 AM
That would sure be nice!!!

I wonder how likely it is.

I was also hoping for a fish aquarium app. With just basically a video of fish swimming around. Really lame and useless, but would be kinda cool...

Nutter
Jul 11, 2008, 11:43 AM
Byline (http://www.phantomfish.com/byline.html) – a Google Reader client with offline browsing – should be out within the next day or so.

http://www.phantomfish.com/Resources/bylinescreens.png

(Full Disclosure: I wrote this app.)

EDIT: Available now (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284946773&mt=8).

EDIT: Screencast (http://www.phantomfish.com/bylinescreencast.html) available.

JNB
Jul 11, 2008, 12:16 PM
It will give you the nutritional information of different restaurants. So you pick your restaurant and you get their menu and then you can also add it to your "plate" which can store things maybe such as... A burger, fries, a drink and a dessert. Then it will add together all of those nutritional facts for you. I'll attach a couple screenshots to give you better ideas.

Now that's a nice app. Plan on having anything beyond FF, like major "casual dining" places, such as Applebee's, etc., or even slightly above that level, like Macaroni Grill, et al?

Roller
Jul 11, 2008, 12:19 PM
Still would like to know what happened to Makayama's Voice Dial.

velvetelvis
Jul 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
rolando should be coming out soonish. its a like loco roco on the psp.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/02/rolando-a-different-iphone-game/

MikeyTree
Jul 11, 2008, 01:42 PM
iCall, a VOIP app, should be coming soon, but the developers haven't given us any sort of release date.

DrBurkstrom
Jul 11, 2008, 02:19 PM
Has anyone got any idea when there'll be an MSN messenger app?

jviphone
Jul 11, 2008, 02:24 PM

This would be the only app I would need.. lol

Requiemm
Jul 11, 2008, 02:42 PM

As a "portly" individual who's trying to lose weight, this will live on my iPhone.

Now that's a nice app. Plan on having anything beyond FF, like major "casual dining" places, such as Applebee's, etc., or even slightly above that level, like Macaroni Grill, et al?

What he said, how expansive will the database be?

MikeyTree
Jul 11, 2008, 02:44 PM
That would be awesome. I would also love a native app that allows me to stream or download music from itunes on my mac at home.

Requiemm
Jul 11, 2008, 02:50 PM
That would be awesome. I would also love a native app that allows me to stream or download music from itunes on my mac at home.

You mean something like Orb? There was a rumor that they were developing one.

scottybe
Jul 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
Someone should have made a free "Activation Report" app that would grab an iPhone's location and upload that and the time to a web server which would keep a count and show a global map of all activations. I'm not sure if it could show 3G activations separately or just all iPhone 2.0 activations...

I'd bet most iPhone users would want to participate. Would Apple allow it?

Buschmaster
Jul 11, 2008, 07:09 PM
When I submitted it to the app store I submitted it with only a few restaurants since I did promise 10 extra restaurants a month. So I believe the submitted version has Arbys, Chilis, Jimmy John's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's, Taco John's and Wendy's. Now I have even more ready to deploy and the moment it hits the app store an update will be ready and here should be everything that's ready for that update:
Applebee's
Arby's
Burger King
Caribou
Chili's
Chipotle
Dairy Queen
Jimmy John's
KFC
McDonalds
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Ruby Tuesday's
Sonic
Starbucks
Subway
Taco John's
Wendy's

Also, we've been encouraging people to submit ideas for restaurants to be added. So any that you feel should make it on there ASAP send us an email and we'll be sure to get it on there right away!

We promised 100 by the end of 2008 but I am thinking I will bump that waaaaay up. So far this week we've completed almost 10 restaurants nutritional facts, and starting next week we will be pounding even more into it, so I'd expect weekly updates through about mid-August adding 10-15 restaurants every time. We may even shoot for as many as 200 by the end of 2008, which, when you think about it, is a lot!

As a "portly" individual who's trying to lose weight, this will live on my iPhone.

This app was inspired by someone who has diabetes, but can serve so many purposes. I hope it helps you become more healthy, we're going to post more health tips on our website very soon. Just about anyone in the world could be more health (Including myself!) so it never hurts to have some reminders!

What he said, how expansive will the database be?
Like I said above, the database will include only 15-20 places when you actually buy it, but we're committed to including everything we can and if you feel something is left out you let us know and we'll add it as soon as we can.

Also, every update for more restaurants will be free, so in a sense you're buying into the system and you can even suggest restaurants that are very localized to your area, we have no problem trying to get those in, too!

sharp65
Jul 11, 2008, 07:17 PM
I would love a slingbox app, but I heard rumors that apple wouldn't accept it because it would be too resource intensive. They should at least make it available to be used over wifi if they think it would take too much data for edge/3g.

velvetelvis
Jul 11, 2008, 07:28 PM

should have been one at launch. hopefully soon.

richard.mac
Jul 11, 2008, 09:23 PM

Adium will be better. i know which developer i would rather rely on!

Shackler
Jul 11, 2008, 09:33 PM

should be coming soon.
I want a MS office app and video recording app and im sold on this phone

richard.mac
Jul 11, 2008, 09:40 PM
i wouldnt count or rely on Microsoft releasing these^

mceis
Jul 11, 2008, 10:00 PM
Buschmaster, that is a terrific app. A lot of us try to eat healthy, but it's so tough with all of the garbage being served. Thank you and my fiance and myself will be some of the first to buy it.

How about Jason's Deli, Jersey Mike's, and In-N-Out (I would be in such bad shape if I lived on the West Coast)? What email address can we send local suggestions to? Thanks again!

I'm never really sure when to talk about my own apps on here but I have a few...

I suppose I'll just talk about the one that should be on today or real soon since it was submitted early this week.

Briefly...

marksman
Jul 11, 2008, 10:04 PM
1 password is said to be coming out soon.

Sneak Peek 1password (http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/08/sneak-peek-1password-iphone-pics/)

I thought part of the rules of the SDK was you could not develop things like browsers. My memory may be faulty, but since that is what 1Password is saying they are doing it, I might have to see if i can find where I heard that.

cyclingplatypus
Jul 11, 2008, 11:32 PM
WordPress App (http://iphone.wordpress.net/2008/07/10/wordpress-for-iphone/) coming out, looks good and will be open-sourced.

Buschmaster
Jul 12, 2008, 12:26 AM
Buschmaster, that is a terrific app. A lot of us try to eat healthy, but it's so tough with all of the garbage being served. Thank you and my fiance and myself will be some of the first to buy it.

How about Jason's Deli, Jersey Mike's, and In-N-Out (I would be in such bad shape if I lived on the West Coast)? What email address can we send local suggestions to? Thanks again!
Glad to hear I have a few perspective buyers early on. :)

For now why don't you send the suggestions to buschmaster@gmail.com. I'll do my best with any of your suggestions. :)

stoox
Jul 12, 2008, 02:45 AM
anyone know of any video recording apps coming?

dthmtlgod
Jul 12, 2008, 05:10 AM

You need to add Dunkin Donuts.

DogcowUK
Jul 12, 2008, 07:30 AM
I'm holding off buying SplashShopper until this is released:

http://www.groceryzen.com/index.html

SCHMEGGA
Jul 12, 2008, 07:51 AM

This looks cool, but what I would really like is a shopping list that is integrated with YummySoup!

scotty56
Jul 12, 2008, 12:07 PM

I heard something about QIK creating a very nice video app. Check out their website or google iPhone video app QIK, something like that. Should be out soon from what I saw/read.

londondude
Jul 12, 2008, 12:35 PM
anyone know about the slider app? (the one that keeps the sliders on the unlock page with info on emails, texts etc)

londondude
Jul 12, 2008, 12:38 PM
or wifi on/ off button app?

scotty56
Jul 12, 2008, 12:40 PM

Oooh, thatd be a good one.:D

GoCubsGo
Jul 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
Buschmaster, like others I agree this is a great app. Having been a frequent visitor to two sites called Calorie King and Diet Facts I can say that having something more native is perfect. Looking things up on the iPhone at those sites is difficult, not just because of being on edge, but because they're not mobile phone friendly really.

If you do indeed submit at least 10 new restaurants a month then this will be a great app. I think hitting the major FF chains first, then the major casual dining restaurants. Maybe even have a small section for basic foods or something. Either way, I think this would be an app that would be worth buying.

GoCubsGo
Jul 12, 2008, 01:03 PM

Umm I'm pretty sure under settings you can do this. No?

Jiddick ExRex
Jul 12, 2008, 01:41 PM

Briefly...

Comon, why not just make an app that electroshocks you every time you go to Wendy's instead? Do you really have to buy an application in order to figure out that ALL fast food is bad for you?

Has your society and physical education in the US really come to this? I am baffled, really... :o

know-it-all5
Jul 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
When I submitted it to the app store I submitted it with only a few restaurants since I did promise 10 extra restaurants a month. So I believe the submitted version has Arbys, Chilis, Jimmy John's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's, Taco John's and Wendy's. Now I have even more ready to deploy and the moment it hits the app store an update will be ready and here should be everything that's ready for that update:
Applebee's
Arby's
Burger King
Caribou
Chili's
Chipotle
Dairy Queen
Jimmy John's
KFC
McDonalds
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Ruby Tuesday's
Sonic
Starbucks
Subway
Taco John's
Wendy's

Also, we've been encouraging people to submit ideas for restaurants to be added. So any that you feel should make it on there ASAP send us an email and we'll be sure to get it on there right away!

We promised 100 by the end of 2008 but I am thinking I will bump that waaaaay up. So far this week we've completed almost 10 restaurants nutritional facts, and starting next week we will be pounding even more into it, so I'd expect weekly updates through about mid-August adding 10-15 restaurants every time. We may even shoot for as many as 200 by the end of 2008, which, when you think about it, is a lot!

This app was inspired by someone who has diabetes, but can serve so many purposes. I hope it helps you become more healthy, we're going to post more health tips on our website very soon. Just about anyone in the world could be more health (Including myself!) so it never hurts to have some reminders!

Like I said above, the database will include only 15-20 places when you actually buy it, but we're committed to including everything we can and if you feel something is left out you let us know and we'll add it as soon as we can.

Also, every update for more restaurants will be free, so in a sense you're buying into the system and you can even suggest restaurants that are very localized to your area, we have no problem trying to get those in, too!

That App looks awesome, what is the price gonna be?

Alan Taylor
Jul 12, 2008, 04:38 PM

Yea, but it requires going into the settings, and then the network section. This would be a simple button on the home screen you could press. A changing icon would be good too!

mpitts
Jul 12, 2008, 04:46 PM
Comon, why not just make an app that electroshocks you every time you go to Wendy's instead? Do you really have to buy an application in order to figure out that ALL fast food is bad for you?

Has your society and physical education in the US really come to this? I am baffled, really... :o

Yes. We are all robots that have been programmed by the Yum! corporation. We no longer think for ourselves. We exist only on fast food cheeseburgers and soda.

It seems to me that for every overweight / ignorant US citizen on a public forum there is one smug, condesending person from another country.

WLS
Jul 12, 2008, 05:02 PM
moved to appropiate thread

Dr Lu 2010
Jul 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
i would LOVE to have :

Epocrates (full version) not just the Rx
Medical Dictionary app

Also surprised they dont have a Wikipedia app yet.

pooryou
Jul 12, 2008, 05:32 PM
Yes. We are all robots that have been programmed by the Yum! corporation. We no longer think for ourselves. We exist only on fast food cheeseburgers and soda.

It seems to me that for every overweight / ignorant US citizen on a public forum there is one smug, condesending person from another country.

He's right though, no need to be defensive.

LOL a list of places that you should pretty much not eat at in the first place, for the most part, you shouldn't need to buy an app to tell you that, come on.

dadj
Jul 12, 2008, 06:33 PM
Expect to see a iPhone native version of www.ebuddy.com this coming week.
It will allow you to get chatty with MSN, yahoo, aim, gtalk, myspace and icq, or all at once if you create an ebuddy account! Should be a great release.. At least I like it a lot and often even prefer it over the native messengers..

Also pretty soon touchpad pro will come to the app store.. under a new name apparently though.. this has been my favorite app so far for the jailbroken iphones.. it allows you control your pcs in a vnc way, but even better with media controls and all! i use it almost every day to control my mac mini thats connected to my tv. luv it! (www.touchpadpro.com)

KeegoSupremo
Jul 12, 2008, 07:17 PM

The Google app has a search for it if you click on the magnifying glass

Buschmaster
Jul 12, 2008, 08:58 PM

What if you're diabetic? Clearly the society and physical education in the US can't be blamed for that.

What is the problem with knowing what you're eating?:)

That App looks awesome, what is the price gonna be?
$4.99, seems fair enough, eh?

Requiemm
Jul 12, 2008, 09:12 PM

He's right though, no need to be defensive.

LOL a list of places that you should pretty much not eat at in the first place, for the most part, you shouldn't need to buy an app to tell you that, come on.

Thank you, oh so wise ones, for clearing the fog of ignorance from my eyes. With my newfound clarity I definitely won't need this app to help me pick the healthiest meal when my family goes out to dinner.

I also won't need it to help me see how many calories there are in my lunch at TGI Fridays was so I know how many calories I have left for the day.

Once again I thank you for saving me from this crutch instead of doing it all myself. I can only hope to aspire to your high levels of self control and never do anything that is bad for me like you fine folk.

Buschmaster
Jul 12, 2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you, oh so wise ones, for clearing the fog of ignorance from my eyes. With my newfound clarity I definitely won't need this app to help me pick the healthiest meal when my family goes out to dinner.

I also won't need it to help me see how many calories there are in my lunch at TGI Fridays was so I know how many calories I have left for the day.

Once again I thank you for saving me from this crutch instead of doing it all myself. I can only hope to aspire to your high levels of self control and never do anything that is bad for me like you fine folk.
Thank you. :) (Assuming your post is sarcastic! ;))

Requiemm
Jul 12, 2008, 09:21 PM
Thank you. :) (Assuming your post is sarcastic! ;))

Just a tad. ;)

sushi
Jul 12, 2008, 09:49 PM
Byline (http://www.phantomfish.com/byline.html) a Google Reader client with offline browsing should be out within the next day or so.
I like the concept. Seems it would be very handy.

Suggestions:

- Drop the price a bit to make it a more attractive purchase.

- A trial version if possible. Expires after 7 days or whatever.

dadj
Jul 13, 2008, 03:41 AM
i would LOVE to have :

you can find one on www.springlets.com and also one for IMDB

joshysquashy
Jul 13, 2008, 04:19 AM
rolando should be coming out soonish. its a like loco roco on the psp.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/02/rolando-a-different-iphone-game/

This one looks great! Here's the official site where you can join the newsletter.

www.rolandogame.com

http://rolandogame.com/img/rolando_logo.jpg

It looks visually similar to locoroco, but there are more different characters and they all have unique properties. There is also a lot more puzzle solving. Looks to be great!

dadj
Jul 13, 2008, 04:32 AM
This one looks great! Here's the official site where you can join the newsletter.

www.rolandogame.com

It looks visually similar to locoroco, but there are more different characters and they all have unique properties. There is also a lot more puzzle solving. Looks to be great!

doesn't look THAT great imo.. if it really looked like locoroco i would really buy it..

Alan Taylor
Jul 13, 2008, 05:31 AM

www.rolandogame.com

This is the game that I'm interested in :D

myyours
Jul 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
I like the concept. Seems it would be very handy.

Suggestions:

I would love a Google Reader RSS, but i can't justify $9.99 on something that doesn't seem much more involved than the web app that Google already has. That said, I want to pull the trigger regardless. Would you mind explaining the differences between this and the Google web app?

dleute
Jul 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
http://www.allofzero.com/

It is just waiting for approval from apple.

Nutter
Jul 13, 2008, 12:28 PM

I think the price is fair for what it does. I'm not sure that the App Store will be sustainable if such a price for a useful, non-trivial app is considered to be too high.

Of course, I understand that people will want to wait for reviews before splashing out on apps that they can't try first.

Unfortunately, this model doesn't work on the iPhone I'm pretty sure Apple won't allow trial versions which expire. But thanks for your feedback, I will think about this.

Nutter
Jul 13, 2008, 12:32 PM
I would love a Google Reader RSS, but i can't justify $9.99 on something that doesn't seem much more involved than the web app that Google already has. ... Would you mind explaining the differences between this and the Google web app?

The main advantage, other than the superior user interface, is offline browsing. Not only does Byline allow you to browse feed items when you have no internet connection, with inline images, it will also archive the full web pages linked to by items you star and notes you create from Safari on your desktop computer or on the iPhone.

GoCubsGo
Jul 13, 2008, 12:33 PM

Has your society and physical education in the US really come to this? I am baffled, really... :oBe baffled. You're surely missing the point of the app as it is overshadowed by your arrogant attitude. The application is quite useful to simply see what you're eating. Not everything at a fast food joint or a restaurant is "bad". I can eat McDonalds every day, but I tend to eat their salads. Even then, it's not the very best thing but it's still decent. While road-tripping I tend to eat like crap until my body tells me to knock it off. I also tend to jot down how "bad" I've been so I am not shocked the next week on the scale.

Physical education in the US is probably no more of a joke than it is in the UK. Your statement lacks a certain qualification that I'd generally look for in such argument so I'll leave you to your own. ;)

It seems to me that for every overweight / ignorant US citizen on a public forum there is one smug, condescending person from another country.This is very true but then again look at the person who made the statement. :)

To the creator of the app, Buschmaster, $4.99 is a great price, I was thinking since you were willing to update it monthly that you'd be charging closer to $10. I'm happy with $5. :D

Buschmaster
Jul 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
Be baffled. You're surely missing the point of the app as it is overshadowed by your arrogant attitude. The application is quite useful to simply see what you're eating. Not everything at a fast food joint or a restaurant is "bad". I can eat McDonalds every day, but I tend to eat their salads. Even then, it's not the very best thing but it's still decent. While road-tripping I tend to eat like crap until my body tells me to knock it off. I also tend to jot down how "bad" I've been so I am not shocked the next week on the scale.

Physical education in the US is probably no more of a joke than it is in the UK. Your statement lacks a certain qualification that I'd generally look for in such argument so I'll leave you to your own. ;)

As I'm going through the information as I'm entering it, there are healthy options almost everywhere. And a lot of places there are many healthy options. Subway is a great example of this.

This is very true but then again look at the person who made the statement. :)

To the creator of the app, Buschmaster, $4.99 is a great price, I was thinking since you were willing to update it monthly that you'd be charging closer to $10. I'm happy with $5. :D
If you'd like I could charge just you $10, as a special arrangement.;)

The idea behind the $4.99 price is hopefully we can sell a higher volume. With more people buying it there are more people to spread the good word about our company and it may have a better effect on our other apps when they hit the store. Also, July will probably be a month of almost weekly updates. We're getting a ton of requests and want to show everyone our commitment to our customers.

londondude
Jul 13, 2008, 03:10 PM

yes but i want a quick on off switch on the homepage and not have to navigate to settings.

waremaster
Jul 13, 2008, 05:48 PM
I would love to see a VNC application for the iPhone. It would help with my work.

rainmanbk
Jul 13, 2008, 06:10 PM
I would love to see a VNC application for the iPhone. It would help with my work.

Yes! I used the VNC application that was available through Installer.app all the time. Now I'm forced to wait for jailbreak to get it back.

Although I am going to jailbreak again either way...

markrw
Jul 13, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yea, but it requires going into the settings, and then the network section. This would be a simple button on the home screen you could press. A changing icon would be good too!

I would like a button that allows you to turn on or off bluetooth as well as wi-fi. I would guess that most iPhone users turn those off and on regularly.

Jeremy1026
Jul 13, 2008, 09:58 PM

Briefly...

Hey, this just popped up in the App Store today...http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285180322&mt=8 hopefully that doesn't mess with your app :(

Buschmaster
Jul 13, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hey, this just popped up in the App Store today...http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285180322&mt=8 hopefully that doesn't mess with your app :(
Yeah... that will.

So much for the little guy. Right?

Granted it doesn't have the plate feature like ours does but people won't notice that... They'll get the one right away from the big company who doesn't care about the little guys...

Requiemm
Jul 13, 2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah... that will.

Granted it doesn't have the plate feature like ours does but people won't notice that... They'll get the one right away from the big company who doesn't care about the little guys...

Actually I still want to see your app. The plate function is interesting.

Buschmaster
Jul 13, 2008, 10:52 PM
Actually I still want to see your app. The plate function is interesting.
Thank you for your support. Hopefully will see us as trumping them with our customer service, and hopefully a lot of people will want more than just fast food.

dadj
Jul 14, 2008, 01:41 AM
Yes! I used the VNC application that was available through Installer.app all the time. Now I'm forced to wait for jailbreak to get it back.

they are working on a new version of touchpad pro for the store as we speak so you will have your vnc app back soon! It used to be based on the vnsea code but now its completely rewritten and much much better. It will also have pinch functions this time around and no resolution limits.

Bokser
Jul 14, 2008, 02:29 AM
Buschmaster

When you release it, let us know - some fellow forumers are interested, including me :)

greekman
Jul 14, 2008, 03:44 AM
Unless is qik app a video recording app or just a streaming app please let me know if dreamcatcher or someone else will give us a video recording app. As well as mms.

This took a while typing on my touch crap lost wifi connection,good. Got it back. Thanks

Wolf103FM
Jul 14, 2008, 06:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

hoping for an IRC client so I can stop using mibbit

Buschmaster
Jul 14, 2008, 07:23 AM
Buschmaster

When you release it, let us know - some fellow forumers are interested, including me :)
Thanks for the support. :)

Hopefully Apple puts it on the store today!

Sky Blue
Jul 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the support. :)

Hopefully Apple puts it on the store today!

Is this it?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285510507&mt=8

PMB
Jul 14, 2008, 08:48 AM

www.rolandogame.com

wow, i CANNOT wait for that app!

hehe, me too, i need themes, VNsea is awesome....

Island Dog
Jul 14, 2008, 09:01 AM
I'm waiting for the WordPress application.

Buschmaster
Jul 14, 2008, 09:02 AM
Is this it?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285510507&mt=8
Nope. Mine will be based around restaurants.

knelto
Jul 14, 2008, 11:06 AM
I'd like to see an app from South Park similar to the Episode Player on southparkstudios.com. I'd even be fine with Wifi only.

It'd be awesom-o!

Roguepirate
Jul 14, 2008, 12:17 PM

That'd be great in addition to a Bluetooth on/off app so i dont have to drive through 2 menus to turn my wifi & BT on/off.

newappleboy
Jul 14, 2008, 03:02 PM
Nope. Mine will be based around restaurants.

Can you tell us what it will be called? I'd love to keep searching for it and buy it when it comes out. Looks like a great app. Or perhaps you could provide a direct link once it's in the store? :cool:

youashwag
Jul 14, 2008, 04:58 PM
ya what about adding restarants like cheesecake factory or claim jumpers?

Daiden
Jul 14, 2008, 06:03 PM

Neat app, thanks for pointing that out.

Buschmaster
Jul 14, 2008, 07:24 PM
Can you tell us what it will be called? I'd love to keep searching for it and buy it when it comes out. Looks like a great app. Or perhaps you could provide a direct link once it's in the store? :cool:
It will be called "Mint Nutrition" and I'll post the direct link here as soon as it's available.

ya what about adding restarants like cheesecake factory or claim jumpers?
I'll throw those on the list so they'll be in in an update soon.

newappleboy
Jul 14, 2008, 07:34 PM
It will be called "Mint Nutrition" and I'll post the direct link here as soon as it's available.

I'm looking forward to it. :cool:

Galley
Jul 14, 2008, 10:06 PM
The three games we already saw on the iPhone from EA are Scrabble, Tetris and Sudoku. Scrabble is getting Wi-Fi upgrade for multiplayer plus accelerometer action that shakes up the words on your tray. Tetris is getting a feature where you can actually draw the upcoming piece right on your screen. Upcoming games are Need For Speed, Tiger Woods 09, Monopoly and Spore Origins. We'll have hands on with some of these later in the week.

Source: Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5025135/ea-iphone-games-upgrades-scrabble-getting-multiplayer-tetris-getting-piece-drawing-plus-new-games) :eek:

Jeremy1026
Jul 14, 2008, 10:13 PM
Just want to give a heads up on something I am starting development on.

I am beginning work on a tool that can be used by runners and bikers. It will require an iPhone 3G being that it will use GPS. It will be a drain on the battery being that it will keep the GPS connected at all times while the app is running.

The purpose of the app will be to keep track of data in your run or bike. Things like total distance, total time, average pace, lap distance and lap pace. I then hope to make the data exportable (via e-mail) in a .xls/.csv format for easy import into a training log in Numbers/Excel.

I hope to input audio alerts for user definable distances (such as 1/4mi, 1/2mi 1mi etc.) Later versions I hope to add metric measurements.

I believe this app will take me about a month, so expect to see it right around the kick for winter marathon training. Any suggestions or help is always appreciated, feel free to email me at Jeremy1026@gmail.com (Jeremy1026 at gmail dot com.)

ceiph
Jul 14, 2008, 10:39 PM
Jeremy good luck, i have a garmin forerunner that does that for me but i can tell you its amazing to have that data

sushi
Jul 14, 2008, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, this model doesn't work on the iPhone I'm pretty sure Apple won't allow trial versions which expire. But thanks for your feedback, I will think about this.
What about releasing a free version, say "Byline Limited" for free, and a pro version say "Byline Pro" for a fee.

Would this be possible? If so, then potential customers could try out the application and if they like it, upgrade to the pro version for a price.

bacaramac
Jul 14, 2008, 11:16 PM
What about releasing a free version, say "Byline Limited" for free, and a pro version say "Byline Pro" for a fee.

Would this be possible? If so, then potential customers could try out the application and if they like it, upgrade to the pro version for a price.

I think you can do this as twitter has this setup now on the app store.

Markleshark
Jul 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
MobileChat should be up there by the start of next week. Thats one I'm really looking forward to, $2.99. Bargin.

andy007
Jul 15, 2008, 04:08 AM
Just want to give a heads up on something I am starting development on.

I am beginning work on a tool that can be used by runners and bikers. It will require an iPhone 3G being that it will use GPS. It will be a drain on the battery being that it will keep the GPS connected at all times while the app is running.

The purpose of the app will be to keep track of data in your run or bike. Things like total distance, total time, average pace, lap distance and lap pace. I then hope to make the data exportable (via e-mail) in a .xls/.csv format for easy import into a training log in Numbers/Excel.

I hope to input audio alerts for user definable distances (such as 1/4mi, 1/2mi 1mi etc.) Later versions I hope to add metric measurements.

I believe this app will take me about a month, so expect to see it right around the kick for winter marathon training. Any suggestions or help is always appreciated, feel free to email me at Jeremy1026@gmail.com (Jeremy1026 at gmail dot com.)

that sounds a really good app that i would be intrested in. Ill have to remember to look out for that. Im hoping to see some more apps like this.

One possible feature you could include could be a compass (although this is more usefull for walking) and waypoints (Although this would involve downloading the points onto your iphone).

Nutter
Jul 15, 2008, 04:57 AM
What about releasing a free version, say "Byline Limited" for free, and a pro version say "Byline Pro" for a fee. Would this be possible?

Yes, this is possible, but it's hard to know what to leave out without spoiling the experience. A limited time trial would be the best solution, but only Apple can make that happen.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a screencast (http://www.phantomfish.com/bylinescreencast.html), which is the next best thing.

razorianfly
Jul 15, 2008, 05:01 AM
MobileChat should be up there by the start of next week. Thats one I'm really looking forward to, $2.99. Bargin.

MobileChat as in iChat Mobile?! :eek::eek:;)

R-Fly

BillyBobBongo
Jul 15, 2008, 05:18 AM
MobileChat as in iChat Mobile?! :eek::eek:;)

R-Fly

It sure seems that way....be interesting to see if Apple let it onto the App Store, since it's not made by them. *crosses fingers*

Jeremy1026
Jul 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
Jeremy good luck, i have a garmin forerunner that does that for me but i can tell you its amazing to have that data

I have a forerunner as well, so that is my inspirtation for the App.

oursfan
Jul 15, 2008, 11:08 AM

Briefly...

What is the name of this app and is it out yet?

Jeremy1026
Jul 15, 2008, 11:23 AM
What is the name of this app and is it out yet?

It's called "Mint Nutrition" and is currently in queue to be released by Apple.

halsabti
Jul 15, 2008, 12:00 PM
Is there any app that would Sync your Iphone Calendar to your Google's.

Alan Taylor
Jul 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'd love to see an app that lets you do virtual stocks, so you can compete against your friends :D

cmschmidt
Jul 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
they are working on a new version of touchpad pro for the store as we speak so you will have your vnc app back soon! It used to be based on the vnsea code but now its completely rewritten and much much better. It will also have pinch functions this time around and no resolution limits.

Can I ask where you heard this from? I really want this app back.

jecapaga
Jul 15, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'd love to see a Sirius radio player via edge/3g/wifi on the app store.

jwflutterby
Jul 15, 2008, 04:23 PM
The apps I really need to fully replace my Treos/Centro for work are
- Groupwise compatible mail/calendar/contacts app
- telnet
- RDP/VNC compatible app would be WONDERFUL..

I was happy to see SpalshData had SplashMoney all ready for launch but it has been useless without the desktop side since I have always done my data entry on a full keyboard (typos suck when you are trying to balance your check book :( )

I am also looking for something to replace my Palm AutoFile app for tracking gas purchases and car maintenance.. There are some MPG apps out there but none really look good for tracking maintenance and I really like being able to include the brand of gas I bought as I have started to find my gas mileage drops when I fill up at certain stations in my area...

jwflutterby
Jul 15, 2008, 04:32 PM
Buschmaster, I see that Restaurant Nutrition has stolen a bit of your thunder... I don't remember seeing you mention this but will you app have the ability to manually enter foods? I know keeping track of the FF I eat is handy but if I could add the frozen meal I had for lunch and the yogurt I had for breakfast based on the values on the labels it would be worth paying for to me... Plus maybe of you could have like a favorites list because I know when I go to FF places I normally get the same "meal"...

Buschmaster
Jul 15, 2008, 05:17 PM
Buschmaster, I see that Restaurant Nutrition has stolen a bit of your thunder... I don't remember seeing you mention this but will you app have the ability to manually enter foods? I know keeping track of the FF I eat is handy but if I could add the frozen meal I had for lunch and the yogurt I had for breakfast based on the values on the labels it would be worth paying for to me... Plus maybe of you could have like a favorites list because I know when I go to FF places I normally get the same "meal"...
Favorites is almost ready to implement. It's probably one or two weeks away in a free update. I could do the manually entering thing, as well.

At this point it's not like playing catch-up, in my eyes. But it is like playing "let's make sure people know what the better app is"

newappleboy
Jul 15, 2008, 10:24 PM
Favorites is almost ready to implement. It's probably one or two weeks away in a free update. I could do the manually entering thing, as well.

At this point it's not like playing catch-up, in my eyes. But it is like playing "let's make sure people know what the better app is"

Sounds like yours will be by far. I'll have my iPod touch on August 1st and your app will be one of the first ones purchased and synced. I agree with jwflutterby that a good feature would be the ability to add your own foods and/or save favorites. I am part of SparkPeople.com and that ability right there is the only reason I still use the damn thing. I feel like we're asking too much of you, though to be honest, I would not at all be against a couple dollars increase in price were they implemented. I can't wait to see it in the store! :cool:

Buschmaster
Jul 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
Sounds like yours will be by far. I'll have my iPod touch on August 1st and your app will be one of the first ones purchased and synced. I agree with jwflutterby that a good feature would be the ability to add your own foods and/or save favorites. I am part of SparkPeople.com and that ability right there is the only reason I still use the damn thing. I feel like we're asking too much of you, though to be honest, I would not at all be against a couple dollars increase in price were the implemented. I can't wait to see it in the store! :cool:
$4.99 is a great pricing point, even if I do a ton of extra work...

I think you'll like what I've done to the favorites now. I'll make a video very soon. :)

The first update for this app is going to be HUGE! It'll be available a day or two after the app is initially released. It's going to add a couple dozen restaurants (It looks like) and few VERY useful features.

sushi
Jul 15, 2008, 11:56 PM
Yes, this is possible, but it's hard to know what to leave out without spoiling the experience. A limited time trial would be the best solution, but only Apple can make that happen.
Could you make code in your application that allows it to run for say 7 or 30 days after installation?

Another idea. Since you upload pages (links), how about uploading a limited number of pages (links). Say you normally will upload hundreds of pages, but the limited version will only upload say 20 pages (whatever is enough to give a feel for your application).

Dipdip
Jul 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
There's a vnc app called Mocha VNC Lite out there now. No right clicking and no macro support on the lite version...

iNfowarrior
Jul 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
Someone should have made a free "Activation Report" app that would grab an iPhone's location and upload that and the time to a web server which would keep a count and show a global map of all activations. I'm not sure if it could show 3G activations separately or just all iPhone 2.0 activations...

I'd bet most iPhone users would want to participate. Would Apple allow it?

With all of the location based apps out there now, people who are incredibly naive need to take a few steps back and understand the dangers and risk associate with participating in any database that can track you or your iPhone.

Remember, AT&T was sued once already in the past for having absolutely no discretion with turning over users private information to the government. They now have access to your current location..........

waterskier2007
Jul 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
so buschmaster, your app isnt out yet is it, because when it is u have one customer waiting for sure

Buschmaster
Jul 16, 2008, 08:52 AM
so buschmaster, your app isnt out yet is it, because when it is u have one customer waiting for sure
Nope, it better get into the store today or Apple is going to get an unhappy e-mail. ;)

I've implemented a few great new features, so keep in mind when you download it if the update hasn't been uploaded yet it may seem pretty lackluster, but the update adds a few new features as well as a couple dozen restaurants.

Scooterman1
Jul 16, 2008, 09:01 AM

iPhoneVideoRecorder seems pretty good. http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/

And you can purchase both the Video AND Voice Recorder together. Hopefully, it will hit the App store pretty soon as this is currently a Jailbroken App with plans of coming out in the App store. Free upgrades too.

Scooterman1
Jul 16, 2008, 09:04 AM
Not being smart, but wasn't this thread started for Upcoming Apps instead of discussing ONE App. Please private message the questions so that we don't have to read through 500 messages to find 10 we're looking for under the Thread. It sounds like a great ONE App but a LOT of reading.

newappleboy
Jul 16, 2008, 09:13 AM
Not being smart, but wasn't this thread started for Upcoming Apps instead of discussing ONE App. Please private message the questions so that we don't have to read through 500 messages to find 10 we're looking for under the Thread. It sounds like a great ONE App but a LOT of reading.

Technically it's still upcoming though and we're discussing it. The same could be said of the hundred threads about the same issues with MobileMe. People tend to ramble. I could understand your complaint if his app had dropped and we were still discussing it at length here, but until it is released, it's still upcoming. :D

ufoscout
Jul 16, 2008, 09:32 AM
Briefly...

Very cool app. I look forward to purchasing it. Don't give it away for free.

Tannerozzy
Jul 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
WOOT!

Why has no one mentioned this yet? :(
I <3 woot. A woot app would be pretty boss. Esp if it had woot-off integration that showed current percentage.

If woot built in a way to automatically buy that days product from the app there's no reason it should be a free app also.

Jeremy1026
Jul 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
WOOT!

I <3 woot. A woot app would be pretty boss. Esp if it had woot-off integration that showed current percentage.

If woot built in a way to automatically buy that days product from the app there's no reason it should be a free app also.

Ohhh!!! I like that one! Would be fairly simple too, since its all been done on the desktop and in broswers. Then when Apple's PUSH service goes live you can have new items (in the woot off) pushed to your phone!

Requiemm
Jul 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah, bring me a WOOT app! That would rock!

dragonslayer458
Jul 16, 2008, 02:15 PM

or yahoo messanger?

AJsAWiz
Jul 16, 2008, 02:24 PM
WOOT!

Yeah! I'd like to see that one :D

newappleboy
Jul 16, 2008, 02:29 PM
Is there any app that would Sync your Iphone Calendar to your Google's.

That's a good question. I wonder how complicated it would be to develop a simple app that when activated logs into your Google calendar and forces your iPhone calendar there by syncing. Hmm. Anyone got any ideas?

Dimwhit
Jul 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
I'd love to see an App that puts something in General settings to mute the whole system with one flip of a switch...silence the ringer, keyboard clicks, music, applications, etc.

drummerbooker14
Jul 16, 2008, 02:59 PM
WOOT!

that would be pretty cool, maybe they could add a button to one click buy (1, 2, or 3) so we had a better chance at winning a bandolier of carrots.

Jeremy1026
Jul 16, 2008, 03:26 PM
I'd love to see an App that puts something in General settings to mute the whole system with one flip of a switch...silence the ringer, keyboard clicks, music, applications, etc.

Umm, isn't that the point of the rocker switch on the left?

dccorona
Jul 16, 2008, 06:02 PM
Umm, isn't that the point of the rocker switch on the left?

applications, such as games, that have sound effects to them have their own volume that isnt affected by the silence switch. it will play even with the switch set to silence. same with the iPod

Lostatsea3
Jul 17, 2008, 08:16 AM
Is there a way to have your own music playing over the game? (I haven't tried anything so it might work anyways... but would the games sounds and your music conflict or play at the same time?)

Dimwhit
Jul 17, 2008, 09:04 AM
applications, such as games, that have sound effects to them have their own volume that isnt affected by the silence switch. it will play even with the switch set to silence. same with the iPod

Thanks. I wasn't sure, but I thought that switch only silenced the ringer.

bmh16
Jul 17, 2008, 09:09 AM
Is there a way to have your own music playing over the game? (I haven't tried anything so it might work anyways... but would the games sounds and your music conflict or play at the same time?)

For texas hold'em i've tried it, turned the ingame music off in the menu screen, then double tapped the home button and press play, so you would have to find what music you would want to play before the game starts, should work for other games if it works for this one.

askthedust
Jul 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
iCall, a VOIP app, should be coming soon, but the developers haven't given us any sort of release date.

This will allow me to get rid of vonage and have the best phone and reception in my house.

Please apple let this one through the bottleneck!

Tara Luvs Apple
Jul 17, 2008, 01:00 PM
For texas hold'em i've tried it, turned the ingame music off in the menu screen, then double tapped the home button and press play, so you would have to find what music you would want to play before the game starts, should work for other games if it works for this one.

Doubling tapping the home screen button does not always access your iPod. You can change it to just staying at your home screen or to your phone favorites. Personally, I do not have it so it accesses my iPod.

This is not towards you, but this is an upcoming applications thread, so what does turning the music off while playing applications have to do with applications that are out yet?

mekopolis
Jul 17, 2008, 06:28 PM
yahtzee with the Motion X Technology -- see MotionX Poker for an example

a Topo Map, much like Sketches, but around Topo Maps that allow GPS locations, of Wifi Triangulation for now for the touch, and the ability to draw on it and save...calcuate distances, add POI's, elevation..etc...

mekopolis
Jul 17, 2008, 06:29 PM
or, a program that accesses your music [probably violates the TOS] but to change the song, just shake it...you can call it shake musak

it would probably lose its appeal real quick though

i305
Jul 17, 2008, 06:50 PM

Briefly...
wow. that would be nice to have. How much? Not sure yet?

newappleboy
Jul 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
wow. that would be nice to have. How much? Not sure yet?

He's mentioned numerous times already that $4.99 is the intended price at this time.

i305
Jul 17, 2008, 07:01 PM
He's mentioned numerous times already that $4.99 is the intended price at this time.

Yea,I finally read all of the replies in this thread and saw it. sorry. and thx.

marksman
Jul 18, 2008, 12:33 AM
This will allow me to get rid of vonage and have the best phone and reception in my house.

Please apple let this one through the bottleneck!

I hope people realize that VOIP on the iPhone will not be that useful for incoming calls. Maybe when Push comes about, but until then, with no background apps unless you keep the VOIP app up all the time it will not receive calls.

Hopefully push will fix that.

Tara Luvs Apple
Jul 18, 2008, 01:18 AM
yahtzee with the Motion X Technology -- see MotionX Poker for an example

a Topo Map, much like Sketches, but around Topo Maps that allow GPS locations, of Wifi Triangulation for now for the touch, and the ability to draw on it and save...calcuate distances, add POI's, elevation..etc...

I said to my husband the other day that I want a Yahtzee application. That is my all-time favorite game!!

Ntombi
Jul 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
I e-mailed keyoe.com last week. They make Diet & Exercise Assistant (http://www.keyoe.com/DEA_Handheld.htm) for Palm and Pocket PC. I love the program, and have been using it for several years. Anyway, they're planning on releasing an iPhone version soon. It wasn't ready by the launch date, but they assured me it would be soon. I hope it's ready by next month, when I'm planning on buying my 3G.

Like I said, I've been using it on my Treo for several years, and I've never had any complaints. Never crashed my Treo, unlike some other long-abandoned apps, and I love the fact that it's completely customizable. You can set your own dietary goals (low carb, low fat, diabetic, etc.), add new foods to the already extensive database, keep track of your BP, add new exercises, whatever you like.

(no, I don't work for them) ;)

Jeremy1026
Jul 18, 2008, 02:58 PM
Expect to see a Yahtzee game hit the app store in a week or two.

Tara Luvs Apple
Jul 18, 2008, 03:12 PM

Source?

Jeremy1026
Jul 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
Source?

My X-Code

Dimwhit
Jul 18, 2008, 05:39 PM

There's one now. Five Dice. But it doesn't look like it has the cool dice animations.

Jeremy1026
Jul 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
There's one now. Five Dice. But it doesn't look like it has the cool dice animations.

Grr! Five Dice got theirs out first :(

bigrobb
Jul 18, 2008, 09:52 PM
I would like to see a sirius satelite radio app kinda like the aol radio app.

queshy
Jul 19, 2008, 01:28 AM
When will there be an MSN app? the webapps suck

Siriosys
Jul 19, 2008, 07:41 AM
Datacase - I saw a preview for this over at Engadget.

It enables your iPod Touch or iPhone to act as a wireless external HD so you can move files between a computer and your pocket-portable apple hardware...VERY nice looking App.

http://www.veiosoft.com/

Due out at the end of July I think

i305
Jul 19, 2008, 10:38 AM
Datacase - I saw a preview for this over at Engadget.

It enables your iPod Touch or iPhone to act as a wireless external HD so you can move files between a computer and your pocket-portable apple hardware...VERY nice looking App.

http://www.veiosoft.com/

Due out at the end of July I think

that seems pretty cool. something similar to http://www.orb.com/ maybe.

Polska
Jul 19, 2008, 01:12 PM
WebIs is promising a killer version of the already acclaimed WM Pocket Informant. I can say that the WM Version is really good and I've been using for years.

Here is a small list of features:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/products_info.php?p_id=pocketinformant_iPhone#

US$ 19,90.

Erick Pessa

bigrobb
Jul 19, 2008, 03:21 PM
an adium app would be awesome to I am sure there will be one eventually

halsabti
Jul 19, 2008, 10:42 PM
WebIs is promising a killer version of the already acclaimed WM Pocket Informant. I can say that the WM Version is really good and I've been using for years.

Here is a small list of features:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/products_info.php?p_id=pocketinformant_iPhone#

US$ 19,90.

Erick Pessa

I can't wait. This is going to be just perfect!!

ayasin
Jul 19, 2008, 11:31 PM

First, a shameless plug...if you're considering groceryzen consider iNeedStuff. Location aware and figures out the aisles for you so you don't have to do it. Also faster list making (imo...slightly biased :) ).

Back on topic:
In addition to adding syncing with a web app to iNeedStuff we're creating a golf app that is a port of TeeDriod (we'll sync with their backend but have a very iPhone front end).

iPocketDisk
Jul 20, 2008, 03:58 PM
At E3, EA[Electronic Arts] Said They Were Developing Need For Speed[Racing], And Tiger Woods[Golf] For The iPhone & iPod Touch, And Spore Is Said To Be Released September 7th. :eek:

Galley
Jul 20, 2008, 09:25 PM
Kitty Spangles Solitaire is coming, but it's gonna take a while to do it right.

http://www.swoopsoftware.com/blog/2008/07/kitty-on-iphone-ipod-touch.html

Tara Luvs Apple
Jul 20, 2008, 10:36 PM
Can we please get back on topic. This is not a thread for applications that we want to see (there is a thread for that already). This is for developers/stories letting us know what application is being made and coming to the store soon. There are a few pages of "I want..." and it is annoying to those who want to read about upcoming ones.

I am sorry to be mean, but it is annoying!

bob5820
Jul 21, 2008, 06:39 AM
Yeah... that will.

I disagree, I think that the app store is a fantastic opportunity for the little guy to get into the game. How dedicated to a $5.00 app can I expect the big guy to be? The little guy may be more likely to keep up on development of the app once the initial hoopla dies down.

I believe this is the first time I've ever used "hoopla" in a sentence.

bob5820
Jul 21, 2008, 06:42 AM
I thought part of the rules of the SDK was you could not develop things like browsers. My memory may be faulty, but since that is what 1Password is saying they are doing it, I might have to see if i can find where I heard that.
Your right and they address this in their blog. The work around is that they created their own browser built into the 1Password app

Buschmaster
Jul 21, 2008, 04:16 PM
For everyone who was interested in my app (Mint Nutrition) it is (finally!) available!!

Here she is:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285179960&mt=8

Now, it may not seem like much if you download it right now. But later tonight I'm going to send Apple the update and here is what it will add:
-Saving plates - When you exit the app now (intentionally or unintentionally, forced or unforced) it will save your current plate. When you launch the app next it will ask you if you would like to use your last plate or not.
-Favorite plates - You can now add plates to your "favorite list" and then use them at any time. This is perfect and I've already utilized this feature quite a bit with things like "My usual at JJ's" or "My favorite at Subway." It can be a big time saver and is incredibly easy.
-Also, of course, new restaurants! Bringing the list to:
--Arby's
--Burger King
--Chili's
--Chipotle
--Dairy Queen
--Jimmy John's
--KFC
--McDonalds
--Olive Garden
--Panera Bread
--Red Lobster
--Subway
--Taco Bell
--Taco John's
--Wendy's

Also, by the end of the week another update should be ready that will add more restaurants (Which will be announced when we release it) as well as two very nice features:
-Custom items - You will be able to create your own custom items and name them. You could create something like "My daily bowl of Trix" and then save it for use at any time!
-Daily tracker - To make the plate feature even better you'll be able to track your daily progress. You can see how much you have remaining from each category. This will be incredibly healthy when planning dinner or seeing if you should let yourself have a dessert.

We feel that our commitment to our customers and our applications sets us apart from our competition. Any suggestions are welcome and they can be directed to me without hesitation at buschmaster@gmail.com

Thanks!

AJsAWiz
Jul 21, 2008, 08:52 PM
Kitty Spangles Solitaire is coming, but it's gonna take a while to do it right.

http://www.swoopsoftware.com/blog/2008/07/kitty-on-iphone-ipod-touch.html

Great news! I love this game :D Thanks for posting :)

For those who did not click on and read the link you provided:

"Since Apple unveiled the AppStore, we've received a lot of mail asking us if we're working on Kitty Spangles Solitaire for the iPhone and iPod Touch, or if we're considering it.

The short answer is: yes, but not immediately.

The longer answer: we'd love to see Kitty on the AppStore but we're going to take our time and do a proper job of it. It's no secret that too many of the products released through the AppStore to date have been rushed in order to make the store's deadlines (not to mention a fast buck). Frankly, there are many products listed on the store that shouldn't be.

We've always taken pride in our creations here at Swoop, and we take the time necessary to make quality, stable, fun games for the Mac community. Once released, we want to continually refine and improve our games. The reality is that making a polished product takes a lot of time, and the process cannot be rushed."

Too bad Splash Data rushed their buggy software (particularly Splash ID with the sync problems) to the App Store.

seventoes
Jul 21, 2008, 09:31 PM
Ive started the groundwork for a Tower Defense game :D

If anyone would like to help out that'd be great, I'm having some trouble getting the damn thing started... PM me if you wanna help :D. Once I'm over the hump i should be good to go.

metzrock
Jul 21, 2008, 10:01 PM
What kind of tower defense game? I'm looking forward to it:)

Jeremy1026
Jul 21, 2008, 10:22 PM
iDice is complete, now we wait for Apple.

admanimal
Jul 21, 2008, 11:16 PM
Just submitted my 2nd app to Apple.

HurryMail, a Favorites app for email addresses.

http://www.adamcode.com/hurrymail/

seventoes
Jul 21, 2008, 11:28 PM
What kind of tower defense game? I'm looking forward to it:)

I might make it kind have some RPG elements like Aurora, where you finish a round and get to pick something to upgrade or whatever. The graphics will probably be all paths or vectors, I really like that look and think it would look great on iPhone :D Lots of explosions of course, since explosions make everything look better.

I was tinkering around and I finally got over the little problems i was stuck on, development should move along good now :)

knoxtown
Jul 21, 2008, 11:31 PM
WordPress is out:)

Jeremy1026
Jul 22, 2008, 02:46 PM
Here are a few screens of my App which should be hitting the App store very soon.
http://www.1026development.com/images/idicescreen1.jpg http://www.1026development.com/images/idicescreen2.jpg
http://www.1026development.com/images/idicescreen3.jpg http://www.1026development.com/images/idicescreen4.jpg
http://www.1026development.com/images/idicescreen5.jpg

AJsAWiz
Jul 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
[quote=Jeremy1026;5881404]Here are a few screens of my App which should be hitting the App store very soon.
[/uote]

Looks interesting . . . the colors (bright text on a color intense background) are a little hard on the eyes though :o

Dimwhit
Jul 22, 2008, 03:10 PM
Here are a few screens of my App which should be hitting the App store very soon.

Have you decided what you'll be charging for it?

Jeremy1026
Jul 22, 2008, 03:20 PM

It will be going up at $.99

Dimwhit
Jul 22, 2008, 04:06 PM

Excellent. Looking forward to it.

razorianfly
Jul 22, 2008, 04:15 PM
My app.

I'm unsure as of yet, whether Apple will let it through, but we'll see, I have others if not.

The application is called 'Royco Loca' and will be free.

The application will allow you to edit your icons on the fly, using a pre-created icon library, or a 75 x 75 png/jpeg from your photo library.

Editable icons include applications and web clips.

Royco Loca is currently in development, and should hit the app store early next year, hopefully.

Heres a teaser;

Subject to change

R-Fly

Jeremy1026
Jul 22, 2008, 04:26 PM
My app.

I'm unsure as of yet, whether Apple will let it through yet, but we'll see, I have others if not.

The application will allow you to edit your icons on the fly, using a pre-created icon library, or a 75 x 75 png/jpeg from your photo library.

Royco Loca is currently in development, and should hit the app store early next year, hopefully.

Heres a teaser;

R-Fly

If that goes through, it would be very nice. But I'd think that violates the terms of the SDK, since it plays outside of its sandbox.

RobMtl007
Jul 22, 2008, 04:33 PM
Greetings:

There are many Sales Agents out there with Iphones who would like to have an App that would help them.

Does everyone agree that more Business Apps should be developed?

Regards Robert

andyhargreaves
Jul 23, 2008, 01:52 AM

Gaaah! Initially misread that as $99!!!

At 99 that is a great little app - well done!

Jeremy1026
Jul 23, 2008, 10:01 PM
iDice has been submitted, and now we wait.

Buschmaster
Jul 23, 2008, 10:07 PM
iDice has been submitted, and now we wait.
Customer #1. :)

rarunach
Jul 24, 2008, 05:55 PM
PowerMaze is a multi-level maze game to entertain your mind or to amuse your kid. I got the approval email today and it will be out in AppStore anytime soon.

The Game: You have to navigate the ball by tilting the iPhone in different directions. It features smooth ball movement for easy navigation and unique challenge in each level.

Level 1: Basic maze
Level 2: Timed play
Level 3: Racing with a robotic ball that tries hard to find a path to the destination
Level 4: The robot moves at double the speed!
Level 5: Finding your way through a partially visible maze! Maze is divided into 4 quadrants and the only visible quadrant is the one where the ball is located.
(Levels 6-10 are similar but on bigger mazes)

I believe many of you have tried my original version iMaze and got frustrated because it was not smooth. I took all your feedback seriously and worked hard to make it smooth and add these levels to make the game more interesting. It's listed for just $0.99 and I encourage you to try it out.

Jeremy1026
Jul 25, 2008, 02:15 PM
http://1026development.com/images/dotsscreen1.jpg

newappleboy
Jul 25, 2008, 02:37 PM

I love this game! Can't wait. Will you be able to play it with two people as well?

Jeremy1026
Jul 25, 2008, 02:44 PM
I love this game! Can't wait. Will you be able to play it with two people as well?

Currently I am working on the A.I. code so that you an play it alone. But, multiplayer is an intention of mine. Probably only on one phone at once, then possible over a AdHoc connection in the future.

jamesarm97
Jul 25, 2008, 02:46 PM
SSH / Terminal client app is in the works / done by Mochasoft. They have submitted it but waiting approval which might not happen because of encryption (unless Apple limits it to the US). I really hope it gets approved. If not they will release a terminal / telnet client only.

queshy
Jul 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
According to their website, Mobile Chat 3 has been submitted to the app store and will be coming out within the next 3-9 days. :D

markintellect
Jul 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
According to their website, Mobile Chat 3 has been submitted to the app store and will be coming out within the next 3-9 days. :D

What protocols will it support? Any IM App will be better than the AIM one...

Jeremy1026
Jul 26, 2008, 04:06 PM
Not sure if you guys caught this multi-IM client that popped up yesterday. http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286274367&mt=8 It's free, and if the features work like they claim, would be VERY powerful.

queshy
Jul 26, 2008, 05:33 PM

Here (http://tumblr.twenty08.com/) is everything you need to know.

Palringo just came out so I'm not sure if I need MobileChat now. I really want push - IM. Once you press home on your iPhone, you get signed out of palringo.

seventoes
Jul 26, 2008, 11:10 PM
I really want push - IM. Once you press home on your iPhone, you get signed out of palringo.

Wont be happening any time soon, that would be a background app, which apple isnt allowing yet, or ever as far as i know.

marksman
Jul 27, 2008, 02:40 AM

Having seen the first other one to be released, your statement is incorrect.

xjames
Jul 27, 2008, 04:56 AM
I'd pay top dollar (20 bucks?) for an iPhone port of Taipan, that old Apple II trading game.

Tradewinds wouldn't be bad either, but I prefer Taipan....

dadj
Jul 27, 2008, 07:03 AM
Adium will be better. i know which developer i would rather rely on!

Adium is not going to release a iPhone version.. You guys completely underestimate how much time is needed to create the needed framework to do this. Besides Adium has no experience in web messaging which really is a different ballgame..
ebuddy.com released their iPhone multimessenger last week btw (supports MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Gtalk, Myspace and ICQ), and also a new regular mobile version. i prefer it over meebo because its clean and i can login invisible!
It has localisation features so its also prepared for all non-english speakers out there. and with an ebuddy account it works just like Adium.. With ebuddy and meebo as marketleaders out there why would adium waste their precious time?

Jeremy1026
Jul 27, 2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.1026development.com/images/lightshowscreen3.jpg
http://www.1026development.com/images/lightshowscreen2.jpg
http://www.1026development.com/images/lightshowscreen1.jpg

Brining the classic toy from the late 1960's to the revolutionary technological device of today, the iPhone.

Read more at 1026 Development. (http://www.1026development.com/lightshow.htm)

Rojo
Jul 27, 2008, 10:51 PM

Looks cool, but you might want to change that text to "Tap anywhere to start"

Jeremy1026
Jul 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
Looks cool, but you might want to change that text to "Tap anywhere to start"

Whoa! Nice catch, thank you.

Fixed.

Jason Edwards
Jul 28, 2008, 12:02 AM

Why are you baffled ? And its not just a US thing. More and more countries are starting to see their citizens getting fatter and fatter. Heck, even China is starting to have problems. A new study shows that 25% of China's adults are now obese and while the percentage is still lower than countries like Egypt, Mexico, United Kingdom and United States, its growth rate is faster. Do a search and you will find plenty on the WORLDS lack of physical education. If an app like this helps someone, then more power to them. We cant all be perfect.

Jason

MrA
Jul 28, 2008, 01:14 PM
I guess I'll add my app here. It's a graphing app that's under very heavy development. The initial version will only have cartesian graphs and be able to plot 'regular' (i.e. y=f(x)) and parametric functions, but I plan to add LOT more.

Unfortunately, it's not even at a v0.1 stage yet, although I have major components done. I don't even have a name yet (but I do have one in mind).

cpt.iphone
Jul 28, 2008, 08:23 PM
I saw an App that allows you to manage your Netflix movie list. It was only for jailbroken phones, but I think the App Store NEEDS that app. Somebody help!!!

metzrock
Jul 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
is 1password new to the app store or has it been there for a while?

Jeremy1026
Jul 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
is 1password new to the app store or has it been there for a while?

It popped in there this morning.

londondude
Jul 29, 2008, 12:08 PM
My app.

I'm unsure as of yet, whether Apple will let it through, but we'll see, I have others if not.

Heres a teaser;

Subject to change

R-Fly

that is awesome!!!

ViViDboarder
Jul 29, 2008, 02:09 PM
Wont be happening any time soon, that would be a background app, which apple isnt allowing yet, or ever as far as i know.
Apple is supporting push for developers in September. Been announced a LONG time.

Looks nice, someone already has a 2 player version, but no AI. They have a nicer GUI though. Good work! I got the one that's out already hoping it had AI.

AJsAWiz
Jul 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.1026development.com/images/lightshowscreen3.jpg
http://www.1026development.com/images/lightshowscreen1.jpg

Brining the classic toy from the late 1960's to the revolutionary technological device of today, the iPhone.

Read more at 1026 Development. (http://www.1026development.com/lightshow.htm)

Yeah, this looks like fun and headed for an August release not to mention the 99 cent price tag ;)

cjosee
Jul 29, 2008, 10:22 PM
1Password is out now in the App Store (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285897618&mt=8).

queshy
Jul 29, 2008, 11:39 PM
According to their website, MC3 should be out any day now...common....

AHDuke99
Jul 29, 2008, 11:42 PM
According to their website, MC3 should be out any day now...common....

I wouldn't count on it. The team working behind this has been less than competent through this whole process. Apparently their server is down again, and no one knows if that's a good or bad sign. They haven't updated us since.

queshy
Jul 30, 2008, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't count on it. The team working behind this has been less than compitant through this whole process. Apparently their server is down again, and no one knows if that's a good or bad sign. They haven't updated us since.

Check the site. THey "claim" it has been submitted...hopefully it will be out this week.

admanimal
Jul 31, 2008, 07:47 PM
My new email favorites app is out. Check it out:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286123055&mt=8

Jeremy1026
Jul 31, 2008, 08:43 PM
iDice
http://www.1026development.com/images/idicescreen1.jpg

and

Light-Show

are both "Pending Contract" I hope to have them in the store by Saturday. More information on both apps can be found at http://www.1026development.com.

Jeremy1026
Aug 1, 2008, 03:11 PM
I have received word from Apple that everything *should* be in place on/by August 6th.

spyker3292
Aug 4, 2008, 10:39 AM

You obviously don't know that apple is releasing the push stuff to devs. Not background, just push. Like mail or something. The server will push a notification to your phone and something like a n icon on the apps icon will appear.

jah921123
Aug 5, 2008, 12:18 AM
A friend of mine does PR for a new game company called JollyPop Games. He sent me a link to a video on YouTube of a commercial for the game. Not exactly sure what it is or how it works, but it does look pretty cool :) Kinda like Bejeweled only with tilt control, too. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmeL2OGCBAQ

AJsAWiz
Aug 5, 2008, 11:24 AM
A friend of mine does PR for a new game company called JollyPop Games. He sent me a link to a video on YouTube of a commercial for the game. Not exactly sure what it is or how it works, but it does look pretty cool :) Kinda like Bejeweled only with tilt control, too. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmeL2OGCBAQ

That does look pretty cool. I'll watch for it this summer/fall :)

stockcerts
Aug 5, 2008, 03:36 PM
Any word on turn by turn gps software?

Djs621
Aug 5, 2008, 09:03 PM
A sirius satellite radio app would be cool.. Something that would allow u 2 bypass using orb and u sirius

MacBuddySupport
Aug 6, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have been working on some apps for quite a long time. I am getting ready to submit them to the App Store, but I need a help setting up the iPhones Project and the iPhone for Debugging. I hope to have uTask (a Simple Task Manager for the iPhone), Flashlight, Flytunes, MR. RSS, Paint and more comming soon. Unfortunately, I like to keep these apps as sects so I won't right now post any screen shots.

Sorry,

MacBuddy Support Team

apsterling
Aug 7, 2008, 12:00 AM
Is anyone going to make an IRC app? I'd really like to not have to use Mibbit. It doesn't play as well as I'd hoped on the iPhone/Touch Safari.

iDeveloper
Aug 7, 2008, 01:19 AM
The new BMI Pro (Body Mass Index calculator) is available now in the App Store.

Let me know what you think of it.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287194370&mt=8

GregInAZ
Aug 7, 2008, 08:57 AM
endless walls (http://www.motacore.com/) 1.0.2 (wallpaper app) is currently in review (1.0 just hit the app store night before last):

http://motacore.com/App_Themes/Default/Images/screenshot.jpg

papiti
Aug 7, 2008, 10:04 AM
:DA Blackberry Messenger application would be cool. I have a lot of friends with Blackberries, only because their companies gave it to them, so they don't have the choice to get an iPhone. But it would still be cool to comunicate directly with them.:cool:

lindsayanng
Aug 7, 2008, 10:11 AM
I believe the iphone sirius app will be out soon. I am pretty sure it is in it's test stages. I was going to be a test subject, but i couldnt get my account info up in time.. but i have been following the alpha andbeta growth, and it seems to be close to on its way

papiti
Aug 7, 2008, 10:12 AM
A sirius satellite radio app would be cool.. Something that would allow u 2 bypass using orb and u sirius

I'm with you on this one, Sirius link would be awesome.:D

papiti
Aug 7, 2008, 10:13 AM
I believe the iphone sirius app will be out soon. I am pretty sure it is in it's test stages. I was going to be a test subject, but i couldnt get my account info up in time.. but i have been following the alpha andbeta growth, and it seems to be close to on its way

SWEEET!! Let me know, PLEASE!!

JamesFoote
Aug 7, 2008, 05:29 PM
It's not official but I'm thinking of making a 99 cent and eventually free version of "I Am Rich" (now removed).

I would add a red gem and a blue gem to make it worthwhile - AND - you could use the pictures as wallpapers lol

Shackler
Aug 7, 2008, 06:39 PM
Any updates on the Video recorder app or MS office or even iWork app?

Jeremy1026
Aug 8, 2008, 09:09 AM
I want to apologize to anyone who is waiting on iDice and/or Light Show. As of 8/6/08 they both have had a status of "Ready for Sale" from Apple, but for whatever reason they have not been pushed into the App Store yet. I have multiple support tickets out with Apple and I hope to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Duardo
Aug 8, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'd love to have an app that tells me which gas stations around me have the cheapest price :D

Also, I'm assuming I need a Mac to create Apps....?

Jeremy1026
Aug 8, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'd love to have an app that tells me which gas stations around me have the cheapest price :D

Also, I'm assuming I need a Mac to create Apps....?

Use where, it connects to the Gas Buddy database for cheap gas.

bigrobb
Aug 11, 2008, 07:44 PM
does anyone know if there is a photobucket uploader kinda like the mobile fotos for flickr

Jeremy1026
Aug 11, 2008, 08:44 PM
does anyone know if there is a photobucket uploader kinda like the mobile fotos for flickr

ShoZu allows you to upload to many sites, photobucket being one of them.

jraymond
Aug 11, 2008, 09:04 PM
Any possibility of there ever being an excel reader? I know that excel files are sometimes readable on Linux systems, I believe through Open O;)ffice. Anyway, an excel reader is something I would definitely pay for.

bigrobb
Aug 11, 2008, 09:08 PM
ShoZu allows you to upload to many sites, photobucket being one of them.

cool thanks for the info

Dimwhit
Aug 11, 2008, 09:10 PM
Any possibility of there ever being an excel reader? I know that excel files are sometimes readable on Linux systems, I believe through Open O;)ffice. Anyway, an excel reader is something I would definitely pay for.

DataCase. You can load files on it and view them. It reads Microsoft Office files. There are other programs that also do this, but I'm really loving DataCase.

Shackler
Aug 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
DataCase. You can load files on it and view them. It reads Microsoft Office files. There are other programs that also do this, but I'm really loving DataCase.

what other apps are there?

matthew858
Aug 12, 2008, 01:00 AM
For the music fans out there - a free metronome is coming that has more options and editable variables than the paid apps on the app store.

greenmymac
Aug 12, 2008, 07:43 AM
I still want to see Bookworm and Collapse!

slapppy
Aug 12, 2008, 06:20 PM
MobileChat just popped up at the App Store!!!1 :)

japaget
Aug 13, 2008, 01:05 AM
I'm hoping for Documents to Go or QuickOffice, which will enable me to edit files on my iPhone and synchronize them with the Desktop. DataCase is a step in the right direction, but all documents on the iPhone are at present read-only.

metzrock
Aug 13, 2008, 03:10 PM
FlyingRider is out out free

arrrggghhh
Aug 14, 2008, 04:19 AM
FlyingRider is out out free

where did it go?

Jeremy1026
Aug 14, 2008, 06:55 AM
Finally, after 8 days of sitting "Ready for Sale" both of my apps hit the App Store!

iDice - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286318894&mt=8

Light Show - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286593519&mt=8

aawil
Aug 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
Picked up light show.

skabadelic
Aug 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
Needs more CTA maps. =(

dean1012
Aug 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
Is anyone going to make an IRC app? I'd really like to not have to use Mibbit. It doesn't play as well as I'd hoped on the iPhone/Touch Safari.

I am currently in the process of developing an IRC client optimized for the iPhone.

I have yet to be accepted by Apple as a developer so I cannot give a specific release time frame.

I am aiming to sell the app for 5 to 8 dollars. Havnt narrowed a price down yet. I do hope I am the first to release, however.

I will update this thread when I have been accepted by Apple.

chharmon
Aug 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
Briefly...

Oh yeah I downloaded your app. It's nice but I would expand the data base or allow users to add their own label info into the system.

spyker3292
Aug 18, 2008, 01:25 PM
Anyone know where flyingrider went? Of got a link, cause I can't find it. Of course... There are many reasons why it would be taken down. :(. Maybe an official linerider game will come!

bigm978
Aug 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
flying rider was taken down because of the creators of line rider and i dont think there is an official line rider being made. good thing i already dowloaded it:D

justinjas
Aug 19, 2008, 01:37 AM
Figured this would be a good place to announce my app. It's currently in review with Apple. The game is a ball bouncing game where you tap the screen to keep the ball going. It will automatically save your top 100 high scores and last 100 recent games and allow full replay of them.

There is a demo video up on the site (http://tapups.com/). Let me know what you think.

Amt
Aug 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
Qwikipedia. A better Wikipedia application app than the current one out there.

Jeremy1026
Aug 19, 2008, 10:44 PM
Tonight I submitted an app that makes checking woot.com (and its child sites) much easier. 1 tap to view woot.com, 2 taps to view either shirt.woot, sellout.woot, or wine.woot. It isn't anything super special, but it works, and it is free.

More information can be found here (http://www.1026development.com/woot.htm)

Amt
Aug 19, 2008, 11:24 PM

There is a Photobucket application up now.

Solver
Aug 19, 2008, 11:50 PM
Looks like your iDice app got a raw deal with a release date of 7/30/2008. Very few people will dig down more than a few days to find out whats new.
This problem appears to be some type of bug in the Apple app store program or process.
BTW, I like Y....E type games and yours seems to be the best value, so I clicked the buy app button.

Finally, after 8 days of sitting "Ready for Sale" both of my apps hit the App Store!

iDice - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286318894&mt=8

Light Show - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286593519&mt=8