Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmptyPockets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
lets start a thread for all of the "Coming Soon" applications out there.

When will I be able to copy and paste? send a picture message?

Thanks,

Andrey

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I believe Spore is said to be coming out in September.

I'm never really sure when to talk about my own apps on here but I have a few...

I suppose I'll just talk about the one that should be on today or real soon since it was submitted early this week.

Briefly...
It will give you the nutritional information of different restaurants. So you pick your restaurant and you get their menu and then you can also add it to your "plate" which can store things maybe such as... A burger, fries, a drink and a dessert. Then it will add together all of those nutritional facts for you. I'll attach a couple screenshots to give you better ideas.

Attachments

• clippedscreenshot-4.jpg
    clippedscreenshot-4.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 166
  • clipped-screenshot1.jpg
    clipped-screenshot1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 160
  • clipped-screenshot3.jpg
    clipped-screenshot3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 148

Korb91

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
MobileScrobbler is coming soon, and I'm crossing fingers for a fast Peggle release!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
anyone else drooling over the possibility of a slingbox app?
That would sure be nice!!!

I wonder how likely it is.

I was also hoping for a fish aquarium app. With just basically a video of fish swimming around. Really lame and useless, but would be kinda cool...

JNB

macrumors 604
It will give you the nutritional information of different restaurants. So you pick your restaurant and you get their menu and then you can also add it to your "plate" which can store things maybe such as... A burger, fries, a drink and a dessert. Then it will add together all of those nutritional facts for you. I'll attach a couple screenshots to give you better ideas.

Now that's a nice app. Plan on having anything beyond FF, like major "casual dining" places, such as Applebee's, etc., or even slightly above that level, like Macaroni Grill, et al?

MikeyTree

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2007
iCall, a VOIP app, should be coming soon, but the developers haven't given us any sort of release date.

Requiemm

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008

As a "portly" individual who's trying to lose weight, this will live on my iPhone.

Now that's a nice app. Plan on having anything beyond FF, like major "casual dining" places, such as Applebee's, etc., or even slightly above that level, like Macaroni Grill, et al?

What he said, how expansive will the database be?

scottybe

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2006
Idea...

Someone should have made a free "Activation Report" app that would grab an iPhone's location and upload that and the time to a web server which would keep a count and show a global map of all activations. I'm not sure if it could show 3G activations separately or just all iPhone 2.0 activations...

I'd bet most iPhone users would want to participate. Would Apple allow it?

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
When I submitted it to the app store I submitted it with only a few restaurants since I did promise 10 extra restaurants a month. So I believe the submitted version has Arbys, Chilis, Jimmy John's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's, Taco John's and Wendy's. Now I have even more ready to deploy and the moment it hits the app store an update will be ready and here should be everything that's ready for that update:
Applebee's
Arby's
Burger King
Caribou
Chili's
Chipotle
Dairy Queen
Jimmy John's
KFC
McDonalds
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Ruby Tuesday's
Sonic
Starbucks
Subway
Taco John's
Wendy's

Also, we've been encouraging people to submit ideas for restaurants to be added. So any that you feel should make it on there ASAP send us an email and we'll be sure to get it on there right away!

We promised 100 by the end of 2008 but I am thinking I will bump that waaaaay up. So far this week we've completed almost 10 restaurants nutritional facts, and starting next week we will be pounding even more into it, so I'd expect weekly updates through about mid-August adding 10-15 restaurants every time. We may even shoot for as many as 200 by the end of 2008, which, when you think about it, is a lot!

As a "portly" individual who's trying to lose weight, this will live on my iPhone.
This app was inspired by someone who has diabetes, but can serve so many purposes. I hope it helps you become more healthy, we're going to post more health tips on our website very soon. Just about anyone in the world could be more health (Including myself!) so it never hurts to have some reminders!
What he said, how expansive will the database be?
Like I said above, the database will include only 15-20 places when you actually buy it, but we're committed to including everything we can and if you feel something is left out you let us know and we'll add it as soon as we can.

Also, every update for more restaurants will be free, so in a sense you're buying into the system and you can even suggest restaurants that are very localized to your area, we have no problem trying to get those in, too!

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
I would love a slingbox app, but I heard rumors that apple wouldn't accept it because it would be too resource intensive. They should at least make it available to be used over wifi if they think it would take too much data for edge/3g.

mceis

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2008
Buschmaster, that is a terrific app. A lot of us try to eat healthy, but it's so tough with all of the garbage being served. Thank you and my fiance and myself will be some of the first to buy it.

How about Jason's Deli, Jersey Mike's, and In-N-Out (I would be in such bad shape if I lived on the West Coast)? What email address can we send local suggestions to? Thanks again!

I believe Spore is said to be coming out in September.

I'm never really sure when to talk about my own apps on here but I have a few...

I suppose I'll just talk about the one that should be on today or real soon since it was submitted early this week.

Briefly...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.