Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Byline – a Google Reader client with offline browsing – should be out within the next day or so.
I like the concept. Seems it would be very handy.

Suggestions:

- Drop the price a bit to make it a more attractive purchase.

- A trial version if possible. Expires after 7 days or whatever.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
rolando should be coming out soonish. its a like loco roco on the psp.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/02/rolando-a-different-iphone-game/

This one looks great! Here's the official site where you can join the newsletter.

http://www.rolandogame.com

rolando_logo.jpg

It looks visually similar to locoroco, but there are more different characters and they all have unique properties. There is also a lot more puzzle solving. Looks to be great!

dadj

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
This one looks great! Here's the official site where you can join the newsletter.

http://www.rolandogame.com

rolando_logo.jpg

It looks visually similar to locoroco, but there are more different characters and they all have unique properties. There is also a lot more puzzle solving. Looks to be great!

doesn't look THAT great imo.. if it really looked like locoroco i would really buy it..

myyours

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
I like the concept. Seems it would be very handy.

Suggestions:

I would love a Google Reader RSS, but i can't justify $9.99 on something that doesn't seem much more involved than the web app that Google already has. That said, I want to pull the trigger regardless. Would you mind explaining the differences between this and the Google web app?

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
London, England

I think the price is fair for what it does. I'm not sure that the App Store will be sustainable if such a price for a useful, non-trivial app is considered to be too high.

Of course, I understand that people will want to wait for reviews before splashing out on apps that they can't try first.

Unfortunately, this model doesn't work on the iPhone – I'm pretty sure Apple won't allow trial versions which expire. But thanks for your feedback, I will think about this.

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
I would love a Google Reader RSS, but i can't justify $9.99 on something that doesn't seem much more involved than the web app that Google already has. ... Would you mind explaining the differences between this and the Google web app?

The main advantage, other than the superior user interface, is offline browsing. Not only does Byline allow you to browse feed items when you have no internet connection, with inline images, it will also archive the full web pages linked to by items you star and notes you create from Safari on your desktop computer or on the iPhone.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Comon, why not just make an app that electroshocks you every time you go to Wendy's instead? Do you really have to buy an application in order to figure out that ALL fast food is bad for you?

Has your society and physical education in the US really come to this? I am baffled, really... :eek:
Be baffled. You're surely missing the point of the app as it is overshadowed by your arrogant attitude. The application is quite useful to simply see what you're eating. Not everything at a fast food joint or a restaurant is "bad". I can eat McDonalds every day, but I tend to eat their salads. Even then, it's not the very best thing but it's still decent. While road-tripping I tend to eat like crap until my body tells me to knock it off. I also tend to jot down how "bad" I've been so I am not shocked the next week on the scale.

Physical education in the US is probably no more of a joke than it is in the UK. Your statement lacks a certain qualification that I'd generally look for in such argument so I'll leave you to your own. ;)

It seems to me that for every overweight / ignorant US citizen on a public forum there is one smug, condescending person from another country.
This is very true but then again look at the person who made the statement. :)

To the creator of the app, Buschmaster, $4.99 is a great price, I was thinking since you were willing to update it monthly that you'd be charging closer to $10. I'm happy with $5. :D

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Be baffled. You're surely missing the point of the app as it is overshadowed by your arrogant attitude. The application is quite useful to simply see what you're eating. Not everything at a fast food joint or a restaurant is "bad". I can eat McDonalds every day, but I tend to eat their salads. Even then, it's not the very best thing but it's still decent. While road-tripping I tend to eat like crap until my body tells me to knock it off. I also tend to jot down how "bad" I've been so I am not shocked the next week on the scale.

Physical education in the US is probably no more of a joke than it is in the UK. Your statement lacks a certain qualification that I'd generally look for in such argument so I'll leave you to your own. ;)
As I'm going through the information as I'm entering it, there are healthy options almost everywhere. And a lot of places there are many healthy options. Subway is a great example of this.

This is very true but then again look at the person who made the statement. :)

To the creator of the app, Buschmaster, $4.99 is a great price, I was thinking since you were willing to update it monthly that you'd be charging closer to $10. I'm happy with $5. :D
If you'd like I could charge just you $10, as a special arrangement.;)

The idea behind the $4.99 price is hopefully we can sell a higher volume. With more people buying it there are more people to spread the good word about our company and it may have a better effect on our other apps when they hit the store. Also, July will probably be a month of almost weekly updates. We're getting a ton of requests and want to show everyone our commitment to our customers.

rainmanbk

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2006
I would love to see a VNC application for the iPhone. It would help with my work.

Yes! I used the VNC application that was available through Installer.app all the time. Now I'm forced to wait for jailbreak to get it back.

Although I am going to jailbreak again either way...

markrw

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Yea, but it requires going into the settings, and then the network section. This would be a simple button on the home screen you could press. A changing icon would be good too!

I would like a button that allows you to turn on or off bluetooth as well as wi-fi. I would guess that most iPhone users turn those off and on regularly.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I believe Spore is said to be coming out in September.

I'm never really sure when to talk about my own apps on here but I have a few...

I suppose I'll just talk about the one that should be on today or real soon since it was submitted early this week.

Briefly...
It will give you the nutritional information of different restaurants. So you pick your restaurant and you get their menu and then you can also add it to your "plate" which can store things maybe such as... A burger, fries, a drink and a dessert. Then it will add together all of those nutritional facts for you. I'll attach a couple screenshots to give you better ideas.

Hey, this just popped up in the App Store today...http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285180322&mt=8 hopefully that doesn't mess with your app :(

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota

Requiemm

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
Yeah... that will.

So much for the little guy. Right?

Granted it doesn't have the plate feature like ours does but people won't notice that... They'll get the one right away from the big company who doesn't care about the little guys...

Actually I still want to see your app. The plate function is interesting.

dadj

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
vnc | touchpad pro

Yes! I used the VNC application that was available through Installer.app all the time. Now I'm forced to wait for jailbreak to get it back.

Although I am going to jailbreak again either way...

they are working on a new version of touchpad pro for the store as we speak so you will have your vnc app back soon! It used to be based on the vnsea code but now its completely rewritten and much much better. It will also have pinch functions this time around and no resolution limits.

B

Bokser

Buschmaster

When you release it, let us know - some fellow forumers are interested, including me :)

greekman

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2008
any news on video recording app yet

Unless is qik app a video recording app or just a streaming app please let me know if dreamcatcher or someone else will give us a video recording app. As well as mms.

This took a while typing on my touch crap lost wifi connection,good. Got it back. Thanks

Wolf103FM

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2006
Huntsville AL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

hoping for an IRC client so I can stop using mibbit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.