PDA

View Full Version : Official MacWorld SF 2004 Stream - It's Back.

MacRumors
Jan 4, 2004, 09:18 PM
Apple has reposted (http://stream.apple.akadns.net/) the "Official" MacWorld San Francisco 2004 Keynote webcast page.
Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs deliver the Macworld Expo keynote address from Moscone Center in San Francisco. See the live webcast right here onJanuary 6 at 9am PT exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4. It's an event you won't want to miss.
Apple posted it previously (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/12/20031222055954.shtml) -- but was taken down later that day. Without an official Apple Press Release regarding the stream, this had raised concerns that Apple may not be streaming the keynote.

These worries seem unfounded with the return of the webcast page. Official satellite coordinates, however, are not yet available.

agentmouthwash
Jan 4, 2004, 09:19 PM
BRING ON THE IBOX!!

Dippo
Jan 4, 2004, 09:19 PM
Yea, I can watch it now!

That is if I can get off work early. I would assume that is 12 noon EST.

Awimoway
Jan 4, 2004, 09:21 PM
What about Apple Stores that normally open at 10 am? Will they open early for this? I'd rather see it on a big screen.

woodsey
Jan 4, 2004, 09:22 PM
Dont you mean official MacWorld stream?

Not official MacRumors stream!!!???

Freg3000
Jan 4, 2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by woodsey
Dont you mean official MacWorld stream?

Not official MacRumors stream!!!???

That would be quite interesting actually. Arn sitting in his chair as we watch him instantaneously update the low-bandwidth MacRumors via a webcam. :)

Less than 38 Hours!!!

gwuMACaddict
Jan 4, 2004, 09:25 PM
sweeeeeeet... i'm really looking forward to this one :D :D

SpY2K
Jan 4, 2004, 09:29 PM
:D can't wait!

I love these January rituals... :cool:

KBFinFan
Jan 4, 2004, 09:35 PM
I assume this broadcast will also be available at the Apple stores with a theatre in the back?

I was thinking about going to an Apple store for that full effect..

mac15
Jan 4, 2004, 09:39 PM
The anticipation, a 4am thrill ride ;)

Nermal
Jan 4, 2004, 09:42 PM
Good to see it's back. I'm going to watch it as soon as I get up on Wednesday morning (it'll be Tuesday in the US).

dho
Jan 4, 2004, 09:49 PM
Man am I glad tuesday is a teacher work day. :)

I am hoping for more then mini ipods, considering that I am very content with my brand new 20 giger.

New powermacs would be nice. I guess only time will tell

Trowaman
Jan 4, 2004, 09:55 PM
Well some of us still have dial up but on Tuesday I plan on going back to my high school to help a friend of my edit and scan some photos ito FCP and I think around 11 am central my former film teacher would not mind giving me access to her broadband iMac and letting a certain film roll by for us to watch (she has no class at 11).

This could be fun . . .

Thanks for the link guys

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 4, 2004, 10:01 PM
all i can say is its got to be big otherwise Apple wouldnt be streaming Steve, be prepared for something special and mini ipods wouldnt be it. think bigger:)

Jerry Spoon
Jan 4, 2004, 10:02 PM
Now I know what I'm doing at 11:00 on Tuesday...now if I only knew what I was doing the rest of the week.

lindmar
Jan 4, 2004, 10:04 PM
im wearing my stupid pants,, can someone tell me what time this is in Ontario, Canada...

Awimoway
Jan 4, 2004, 10:05 PM
Noon, Eastern time. That's what you're in, right?

Nermal
Jan 4, 2004, 10:07 PM
Go here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=6&month=1&year=2004&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224) to get the time in other countries :)

KBFinFan
Jan 4, 2004, 10:09 PM
I certainly think something special is coming out besides the mini iPods... I can't wait..

To impatiently comment again.. does anyone know if the Apple stores will carry the stream in the stores similarly to previous events?

ericdano
Jan 4, 2004, 10:09 PM
All this hype about an iBox is great, but what I would really love to see is some sorta of Apple Media box where one could store all their iTunes and stuff and be able to stream it to other computers, and maybe sync up 2 or more iPods to it.

My collection is so large now that I'm considering building a dedicated server to handle it. My 9500 with OS X on it would be perfect!

Photorun
Jan 4, 2004, 10:14 PM
Whew, I was getting worried.

iBox = failure that'd make the Cube seem downright like the iPod. Pass please, consumers wouldn't get it, waste of R&D.

ViRGE
Jan 4, 2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
all i can say is its got to be big otherwise Apple wouldnt be streaming Steve, be prepared for something special and mini ipods wouldnt be it. think bigger:)
I don't know if we're nessisarily going to see anything bigger than the mini-iPods, but Apple is definitely putting in more effort in to this presentation. If I recall correctly, in the past they have only provided the videos post-keynote, this is the first live real-time stream if I'm correct.

Freg3000
Jan 4, 2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ViRGE
I don't know if we're nessisarily going to see anything bigger than the mini-iPods, but Apple is definitely putting in more effort in to this presentation. If I recall correctly, in the past they have only provided the videos post-keynote, this is the first live real-time stream if I'm correct.

In 2003, the only live keynote was MWSF (I think). I know WWDC didn't have a live webcast. The first Music Announcements Keynote in April could be seen live on MSNBC, but nothing from Apple.

It's a shame. Live Keynotes are great.

KLFloyd
Jan 4, 2004, 10:25 PM
Whew! I was getting nervous there for a bit. Good to see the stream is back. I've already told my boss I have "an appointment" and wouldn't be available from 12-2:30 (I'm an independent contractor so I can pretty much set my own schedule.)

Hope everything works well with the stream, I had a bit of difficulty last year.

trutherd
Jan 4, 2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Awimoway
What about Apple Stores that normally open at 10 am? Will they open early for this? I'd rather see it on a big screen.

I was in the Cherry Creek (Denver) Apple Store yesterday and was told that they had yet to receive word on showing the keynote in the theater... anyone hearing anything different?

woodsey
Jan 4, 2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by mac15
The anticipation, a 4am thrill ride ;)

Yeah, I have to wait until 3.30am. The hardest thing is deciding if i should stay up for it, or get some sleep and wake up to watch it!

Awimoway
Jan 4, 2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by woodsey
Yeah, I have to wait until 3.30am. The hardest thing is deciding if i should stay up for it, or get some sleep and wake up to watch it!

Get some sleep... if you can. :D

voicegy
Jan 4, 2004, 11:40 PM
I've been hammering away on my Apple contacts regarding Apple store theater showings, and they don't have a clue yet. With this reposting of the stream, there should be some solid answers come Monday....I just gotta get to my local Apple store that morning to see the Keynote...this year of all years!

Awimoway
Jan 4, 2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by voicegy
I just gotta get to my local Apple store that morning to see the Keynote...this year of all years!

What do you know that I don't? I haven't heard much to get me real excited yet. A formal presentation of Office 2004 from Microsoft. Ooh goody. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, what are you looking forward to? I'm going to my local Apple Store just because I have nothing better to do this Thursday, but I'm a blank page where expectations are concerned.

voicegy
Jan 4, 2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Awimoway
What do you know that I don't?

I know that part they sing in "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"..."o-wim-o-weh";)

But other than that, my friend, I really don't know anything other than what's been rumored and what's basically expected...it's just that I HAVE to think that Steve will acknowlege this being the 20th Anniversary of the Macintosh, and the 25th Anniversary of Apple. Whether it be in the form of a fanatsy (a totally wacked out and cool limited edition machine to mark the anniversary), a nice poster, a retrospective of Apple over the years via Keynote, or even a nod from Steve and a roar of applause that the company is still around and better than ever...I don't KNOW any of this, but it seems to me that Steve won't be able to let this milestone pass without saying/doing SOMEthing to recognize it.

And THAT'S what I'm excited about the most.

Awimoway
Jan 5, 2004, 12:11 AM
Well, in the absence of juicier rumors, I'll be sleeping pretty good for the next couple of nights. ;)

I'm such a recent switcher that I don't have any experience with milestone anniversaries. But yeah, even mere celebration of the fact, absent any special edition releases, would be pretty cool.

And, really, I have faith that there will be some great surprises. I just don't feel like there are as many juicy rumors this time as there have been before other recent events.

ginoledesma
Jan 5, 2004, 12:20 AM
Agh! It's going to be 1AM my time (UTC+8 Philippine time). I hope bandwidth will be sparingly available at that time. Last time I watched a keynote, it was with a ~ 10s delay (was on an IRC chatroom at the same time).

Waluigi
Jan 5, 2004, 12:42 AM
I might just go to the apple store in my area if they are broadcasting it live. Keep us posted if they are doing that in stores...

--Waluigi

thatoneguy
Jan 5, 2004, 01:28 AM
I checked with my local Apple Store here in Vegas and they don't have a theater like some of the other stores do, but the guy on the phone said he wasn't sure if they're going to do a webcast of the keynote. Besides, the stores usually open at 10 am and I don't know if they'd open an hour early since this particular Apple Store is inside a Mall (don't know the operating hours). I have a 56k connection, so I think i'm going to head on down to the University to watch it on a high speed connection. How long does the keynote usually run?

dricci
Jan 5, 2004, 02:42 AM
I called the Tysons Apple Store the other day, they said their theater is down until next month. I'll be calling Clarendon later today when they're open to ask if they'll be showing it.

iChan
Jan 5, 2004, 06:52 AM
i wonder what time it is going to be on for GMT regions??? anyone know?

I am really looking forward to it...
I just hope that Apple will allow for the bandwidth that this stream is going to take up!! I don't want to stay up and then getting a stuttering POS.

anyway... cheers!

iChan
Jan 5, 2004, 06:54 AM
if i tune in 20 minutes into the keynote... will i only pick up from 20 minutes into the keynote or will i get to watch the start?

tagy
Jan 5, 2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by iChan
if i tune in 20 minutes into the keynote... will i only pick up from 20 minutes into the keynote or will i get to watch the start?

you will join it 20 minutes in.

but after the keynote is over they usually leave the film looping. Then later put up an on-demand stream.

Will be 5pm here just right for a beer and pizza

pbooker
Jan 5, 2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Nermal
Go here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=6&month=1&year=2004&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224) to get the time in other countries :)

Or just setup multiple time zone support in iCal and add a Apple Events calendar - it does the calculating for you!