Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you purchasing a new iPod touch?

• No

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Yes - 8GB

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Yes - 16GB

Votes: 63 27.5%
  • Yes - 32GB

Votes: 69 30.1%

• Total voters

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
The title explains it all. :) I wanted to have one of these topics going to see how many people would be picking one up in the near future and what they plan to get.

i.e.Mac

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2006
I already went to my local (southlake) Apple Store. I think I might have the honor of being the first person in DFW, nay, North Texas, to have bought and own a 2G 8GB iPod touch.

It's truly the sexiest device I've ever held in my hand. (It's syncing to my computer as I speak)

Im getting a new nano in a few days as well.

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
Nope. I already have a Touch from last year and the upgrades they added don't justify paying for a new one or the hassle of selling my old one (for me). Although if I had more money I might consider it.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
You're just going to deal with that handprint on the back? That's what ruined ColorWare for me.

Personal opinion, though.

done, I have a decal place down the street that can make me a small precise CHROME Apple sticker to cover that sucker! :) bam! but Yeah I hate that "Journey's" handprint too haha

iTouch1987

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
i just got mine right now.

i had the 3rd gen that lasted for years until it died a year ago.

i haven't been with one since because the prices of the 1st gen touch was too high. 400 for the 32 is right for me.

first one to get it in my local apple retailer. :D

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008

i haven't been with one since because the prices of the 1st gen touch was too high. 400 for the 32 is right for me.

PICS PLEASE!!!!:D

bluermlou

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
picked up a 32GB 2nd Gen Touch this morning in Jersey.

Friend is looking to buy my first gen off me, so it all worked out nicely. :)

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Nope already have an iPhone and to be honest it's not that great of an iPod...
it's OK but if it wasn't a phone it would be a lot less useful.

The touch screen is not really good for iPod functions, it's actually a hassle IMO.

The touch seems to be for people who really really really want an iPhone
but can't/won't get one for whatever reason. YMMV of course.

iTouch1987

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
PICS PLEASE!!!!:D

pics taken on phone:

front: (synching 20 GB of life) :)
Photo-0012.jpg

side:
Photo-0014.jpg

sexy chrome back:
Photo-0015.jpg

box:
Photo-0016.jpg

crunchiespg

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
Nope already have an iPhone and to be honest it's not that great of an iPod...
it's OK but if it wasn't a phone it would be a lot less useful.

The touch screen is not really good for iPod functions, it's actually a hassle IMO.

The touch seems to be for people who really really really want an iPhone
but can't/won't get one for whatever reason. YMMV of course.

or for those of us who want an ipod to play music and have a good screen for videos??? and dont want anything else, just a good ipod..

Bowlerguy10

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
At my computer
There most certainly isn't enough new on the touch to justify me spending even more of my money on it. I haven't even had my 16 gig touch for a year quite yet.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I really like the iPod Touch, but currently on my Classic I have over 200 music videos and around 40GB of music (I like all my music to be with me) so unfortunately the Touch just isn't for me until it has a larger storage capacity. So no I'm not buying one.

Rockrover

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Still have 10 day's on my BB return policy for my 16g ipt. 100% apples to apples and same cost from 16g to 32g. No brainer.

Ordered yesterday....2 day shipping...Will arrive in Santa Fe, NM on the 15th of September....For those slower folks that's 5 days for two day premium!

O'well...The anticipation continues.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I'm going to get a 16GB September 29.
Hopefully they a lot in store because I remember at the last updated it was a pain for my to try to find a classic.

picked up a 32GB 2nd Gen Touch this morning in Jersey.

Friend is looking to buy my first gen off me, so it all worked out nicely. :)

How's the speaker quality?!
That's one of the main things I'm pondering.
: D

Raytheon117

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Ordered a 16GB Touch today :) So excited since it will be the first iPod I have ever bought. The first iPod i got was a 1G iPod Nano 1GB as part of a promotion, so I never actually bought it. It served me extremely well though (especially since I put Linux on it and such :D). Though, it's time to step it up now!

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
For now, I voted NO on the poll, mainly because my current 8GB iPod touch works pretty well, it does have a few scratches on the screen that bug me, but for now I can deal with those.

I will probably end up getting one around New-Years for several reasons:

1. I am slowly realizing that 8GB is not enough for me. I have been doing quite a bit of Library management as to what gets synced to my iPod, my music is fine, it is my videos that I am having to do most of my managing on. I currently only have 1 of my full-length movies in my library, when I would like to have all 3. I also am only syncing about 1/3 of my T.V. shows. When I get a new iPod, I will probably get the 16GB or the 32GB, whichever will hold my library, while leaving several GB of room for future expansion.

2. Not enough cases and other accessories right now. Even if I were planning on buying one right now, I would wait a few weeks until there are good cases and screen protectors out. After all of the screen scratches with my current iPod touch, the very first thing that I will do with my new one is put a screen protector and case on it. And right now there are not a sufficient amount of cases and other things for it.

3. Factory problems, come-on, we all know that there will be some form of problems that cause people to be flooding Genius Bars around America looking for an exchange (dead pixels, bad casings, a screen that is not flush with the bezel, etc.). I will wait a month or two at least for those issues to be sorted out, I would rather not have to go through with exchanging iPods to get a perfect one, I can wait.

4. I am going to wait for Best Buy to get a stock of them in (even though this will be a quick thing to happen), I have $50 in gift certificates there, and I plan on using them towards the iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.