Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you purchasing a new iPod touch?

• No

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Yes - 8GB

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Yes - 16GB

Votes: 63 27.5%
  • Yes - 32GB

Votes: 69 30.1%

• Total voters

conradzoo

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2005
Every evening, after two or more glasses of wine, I am so near to push the buy button for a 16gb one...

Wonder how long I can resist/ignore the empty wallet. :eek:

Well, the empty wallet is still there, but hey this is me, a bit more wine and peaking boyish bravado, so, well... I did it, I succumbed and ordered me a new Touch.

Sigh...:eek:

It feels right. Yah.

ra noodle

Mar 14, 2008
gleaner

like everything else Mac "HIM" has become obsessed with making a buck and the hell with us......that is the fact of the matter....just like going into an Ace hardware to get a 12' extension cord and one year its there, the next year you now have to buy two 6' cords and the year after that three 3' cords-if you get my example: this is Jobs thinking now, screw us, we are now at a dumbedownstage where we will buy anything from him....well i'm not- i uninstalled my Leopard and reinstalled my Tiger because I don't like how he's changed it-a Jobs has made it more vunerable (sp) to security holes because for all we know next year a paid group of hackers will begin turning Leopard into Vista junk.....I have no intention of going further than Tiger, no intention of buying iLife.iWork 08 either....and his eye candy junk he can keep it....i thought the iTouch would have been the next jump of the ipod classic with an 80GB but it isn't, it's crap, these junky nanos are going to crap out within the year wait and see it happen......

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
like everything else Mac "HIM" has become obsessed with making a buck and the hell with us......that is the fact of the matter....just like going into an Ace hardware to get a 12' extension cord and one year its there, the next year you now have to buy two 6' cords and the year after that three 3' cords-if you get my example: this is Jobs thinking now, screw us, we are now at a dumbedownstage where we will buy anything from him....well i'm not- i uninstalled my Leopard and reinstalled my Tiger because I don't like how he's changed it-a Jobs has made it more vunerable (sp) to security holes because for all we know next year a paid group of hackers will begin turning Leopard into Vista junk.....I have no intention of going further than Tiger, no intention of buying iLife.iWork 08 either....and his eye candy junk he can keep it....i thought the iTouch would have been the next jump of the ipod classic with an 80GB but it isn't, it's crap, these junky nanos are going to crap out within the year wait and see it happen......

What's an iTouch??? :rolleyes:
Is this what you're talking about?
http://en.pasen.it/product_detail.php?id=23

Anyways... the Nanos are doing way better than I expected.
I have a feeling that all of these iPods are gonna go flying off the shelves when the holidays roll around.

sebast1anc

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
Ordered my 16GB touch off Amazon yesterday! And my 1st gen is for sale on ebay as we speak, so hopefully i end up paying very little for it.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I picked up a 32GB iPod Touch a few day's ago. Still trying to find a case for it.

It fits in my 1st Gen iPod Touch case but it is a bit loose, for right now I'm still using my 1st Gen 32GB iPod Touch and iPhone 3G combination. Once cases become available I'll retire it.

I took the Nike+ out for a test drive and it works really well, as long as you don't have to touch the screen. I'm glad they added volume control's to the touch like the iPhone. I'm only waiting on cases to make it my everyday iPod. Very happy with it so far.

My only complaint (same as last year) is that they need to put the sleep/lock button on the same side as the iPhone.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I'm a little disappointed by the wireless. In places I get full bars on my MacBook, I'm not even seeing a signal with the Touch. And when I do connect it's pretty sketchy. I guess my hopes were a little too high for a device so small. Has anyone compared the 2G touch Wi-Fi with the 3G iPhone Wi-Fi? Apart from that it's great.

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Ordered a 32GB Touch with engraving from the UK store yesterday. In hindsight I should've called the Trafford Centre on the off-chance they had any in stock, but what the Hell.

Can't wait- already stockpiled a few Apps ready for it's arrival. I don't think I'll retire my 30GB 5G just yet though- will wait for a good case first.

Woot! I can has Touch :D

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I wonder when they'll come out with the new cases? I'd really like to buy one specifically for my iPod touch when I pick one up.

Hopefully over the next few weeks, I'm going to the Apple store today to check on the 16GB Nano's (I need one for my GF). I'm hoping they have some cases in today.

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
Order the 16GB version and like it way more than I anticipated. This thing is awesome. I just want a Invisible Shield for it, for protecting the back of it and to keep my dang greese smudges off the screen. I think the front does not need protection but the back does and like i said the smears on the front are crazy. A shield in the front would really help with that.

JBROCKS

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
I already went to my local (southlake) Apple Store. I think I might have the honor of being the first person in DFW, nay, North Texas, to have bought and own a 2G 8GB iPod touch.

It's truly the sexiest device I've ever held in my hand. (It's syncing to my computer as I speak)

Im getting a new nano in a few days as well.

why would u get 2 i pods that is like...... well like a lot of munney :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::)

helios00

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
Omaha, NE
Waiting to recieve my 16gig Touch

I ordered my iPod Touch 16G on Sunday Sept. 21 @ 6pm CST. The expected delivery date is Friday Sept. 26 by 10:30am CST. And I didn't pay extra for expedited shipping:). I'm checking the FedEx tracking site daily and it left KUNSHAN, China Sept. 22 and arrived in SHANGHAI, China on Sept. 23. :cool:It left Shangai, China on Sept. 23 and arrived in ANCHORAGE, AK today. It left Alaska today at 1:42pm. Now it needs to come to Omaha, NE!:apple:
This week has been so long!!!:apple:

tremlock

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2008
The Land of Cleves
Had a 32gb 1st gen touch....didn't even have it half full, even though I have 50 gb of music in iTunes.... I just don't need every song I own on my iPod. Just my select favorites. Sold it on amazon. Bought a 2nd gen 8gb. Had it 3 days. Returned and upped it to the 16gb... Happy now.

Traz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Ordered a 32gb one yesterday from Apple. My usual B&H Photo story doesn't have the 32g in stock. So I went with Apple for the engraving. Our local store looked like they did have some cases but I didn't write down what. I may go look tomorrow.

This is my 1st ipod, :D my kids have video ipods. (Eat you heart out kids:cool:) I almost bought one a while ago, glad I waited for the new version.
If Fed Ex isn't lying I should actually get it Friday. THat would be sweet, I expected Monday.

Some questions if anyone can help.

I have been looking at Apps. All this is new to me. Can I download them into itunes & then put them on the touch when it comes?
Will they mess up my kids itunes? (I Can put it on my laptop but all the music is on theirs)

If I purchase apps & later one of my kids get a Touch, can they use those too or do they have to buy them again??

Thanks for your time

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Ordered a 32gb one yesterday from Apple. My usual B&H Photo story doesn't have the 32g in stock. So I went with Apple for the engraving. Our local store looked like they did have some cases but I didn't write down what. I may go look tomorrow.

This is my 1st ipod, :D my kids have video ipods. (Eat you heart out kids:cool:) I almost bought one a while ago, glad I waited for the new version.
If Fed Ex isn't lying I should actually get it Friday. THat would be sweet, I expected Monday.

Some questions if anyone can help.

I have been looking at Apps. All this is new to me. Can I download them into itunes & then put them on the touch when it comes?
Will they mess up my kids itunes? (I Can put it on my laptop but all the music is on theirs)

If I purchase apps & later one of my kids get a Touch, can they use those too or do they have to buy them again??

Thanks for your time

It will not mess up your kids' iTunes.
And I'm pretty sure you can use the same app for as many different iPod touch's as you want.

sportguy0913

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
USA
I have the new 16 gig iTouch and I love it! I just dropped it this morning and no scratces on screen and only tiny dings on the one corner! THANK YOU APPLE for such a durable product!!!

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Does anyone have a problem with the bottom-left part of the top casing pushing in to the back casing on the 32GB touch?

JBROCKS

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!.......

I ordered my iPod Touch 16G on Sunday Sept. 21 @ 6pm CST. The expected delivery date is Friday Sept. 26 by 10:30am CST. And I didn't pay extra for expedited shipping:). I'm checking the FedEx tracking site daily and it left KUNSHAN, China Sept. 22 and arrived in SHANGHAI, China on Sept. 23. :cool:It left Shangai, China on Sept. 23 and arrived in ANCHORAGE, AK today. It left Alaska today at 1:42pm. Now it needs to come to Omaha, NE!:apple:
This week has been so long!!!:apple:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA dude that is REALLY funny i am definetley doing that with my i pod touch 2g:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool:

yorkshire

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
UK
Anyone contemplating buying one at the moment, get it, it's great. I have the 8gb and it's brilliant.

Gregoros

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2008
I'm buying 32gb version. Had to order because the store i'm buying it from didn't have it in stock...i'll hopefully get it next week. This week has been a pain waiting them to contact me! :p:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.